nutz71

Why is IS 7 near indestructible

Sounds like a moan, but a comment really. Trying to grind into top level German tanks. it appears that if you want to win, get an IS7, because nothing at lower level 6 or high 5 can kill it. it can one shot anything at any angle, and it's introduction against lower levels has frankly killed the game. The only tanks that can do anything are BR 9+. when you are grinding at BR 8 that destroys enjoyable game playing, and gets expensive as well.

Edited by nutz71
spelling

P8triot (Posted )

Moved to Soviet Union>Heavies
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 7

Do you know why the IS-7 is indestructible?. Because whine thread authors like you fail to see the ins and outs of the tank.

To put into context what im saying, If i can kill 3 Is-7`s. 1 is-6 and a T-34-85 in my 6.7 tank that is fighting 8.0 tanks without any problems.

Then what you need to do. Is simply "git gud".

Desktop_180815_1444.thumb.jpg.ca1b4738e8

What you need to do is avoid the tank. If you avoid it, the is-7 doesnt have a target. Most importantly. If you play any tank with an APHE. A well placed shot right behind the turret explodes the autoloader.

Edited by Gavin_Mactavish
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2
medal medal medal medal

On 18/08/2018 at 09:10, Gavin_Mactavish said:

Do you know why the IS-7 is indestructible?. Because whine thread authors like you fail to see the ins and outs of the tank.

To put into context what im saying, If i can kill 3 Is-7`s. 1 is-6 and a T-34-85 in my 6.7 tank that is fighting 8.0 tanks without any problems.

What you need to do is avoid the tank. If you avoid it, the is-7 doesnt have a target. Most importantly. If you play any tank with an APHE. A well placed shot right behind the turret explodes the autoloader.

avoid the is-7? only if you know where they are, or the is-7 doesn't see you first.  even for a heavy its as fast and mobile as most mediums then put them on a small map, how do you disengage a tank thats even faster than yours... not to mention the amount of is-7s you see in match. you killed 3 out of how many in that match? the only way to avoid them for now is stay out of 7.0 matches.

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

indestructible you say? only comment I can give is LOL! Get yourself in RU251 (or any other heat-fs firing tank) at any range and blast it wherever, whenever, however you want. Not to mention the IS7's horrible mobility (mobility is not straight line speed), you can run circles around it with any semi decent medium or light tank. -3 depression is one of the worst in the game as well, so as long you are slightly below it it cant even touch you. 

Other option is to get yourself into M103, load AP and shoot its turret.... KABOOM baby!!! ;-) 

• Confused 2
medal medal medal medal medal

On 22/08/2018 at 04:48, P0rcup1ne said:

avoid the is-7? only if you know where they are, or the is-7 doesn't see you first.  even for a heavy its as fast and mobile as most mediums then put them on a small map, how do you disengage a tank thats even faster than yours... not to mention the amount of is-7s you see in match. you killed 3 out of how many in that match? the only way to avoid them for now is stay out of 7.0 matches.

You do know where they are, its called map predictability. If you dont know your maps, might aswell go back to teir 1.

I ran a medium that even the king tiger can outrun. M26 is everything but fast.

You have the advantage on smaller maps.

You dont need to disengage when you dont engage them in the first place.

If you can stop L2P`ing now. Anything with a strong heat-fs and/or APHE can OHK those poor guys.

For APHE tanks, just hide in a corner, wait for them to drive by. Shoot the turret....profit?

HEAT-FS is self explanatory. If a single shell doesnt solve the problem, throw more shells at it.

• Confused 3
medal medal medal medal

On 25/08/2018 at 12:20, Gavin_Mactavish said:

You do know where they are, its called map predictability. If you dont know your maps, might aswell go back to teir 1.

I ran a medium that even the king tiger can outrun. M26 is everything but fast.

You have the advantage on smaller maps.

You dont need to disengage when you dont engage them in the first place.

If you can stop L2P`ing now. Anything with a strong heat-fs and/or APHE can OHK those poor guys.

For APHE tanks, just hide in a corner, wait for them to drive by. Shoot the turret....profit?

HEAT-FS is self explanatory. If a single shell doesnt solve the problem, throw more shells at it.

i hit one on the ufp with the chieftain hesh did nothing then i hit the turret 3 times in different spots with apds all bounced.

its a br9 tank i dont get you people who say "just do side shots bang win"

ive also put many 105 apds rounds up and down the side of the turret flat to me and the bounce 80%+ of the time

• Like 1
medal medal

10 hours ago, SteliosKontos said:

i hit one on the ufp with the chieftain hesh did nothing then i hit the turret 3 times in different spots with apds all bounced.

ive also put many 105 apds rounds up and down the side of the turret flat to me and the bounce 80%+ of the time

dont said that, Gaijin's staff will lock the post :crazy:

medal medal medal

19 hours ago, SteliosKontos said:

Your using APDS. Thats what i can say. APDS will always struggle. Sorry brits.

If your bouncing off the weakspots. Your not shooting the weakspots. The turret weakspot is almost flat at the closet part.

No its a not a br9 tank. Considering you have 17000 battles, i cant assume how you came up with that idea.

But since you used HESH post-nerf. I can assume safely youv never driven the Cheif properly. Nor have you the IS-7.

9 hours ago, *zexel33 said:

dont said that, Gaijin's staff will lock the post :crazy:

If a german tank is overpowered = Is balanced. Your a wehrboo. You dont know what your talking about

If a soviet tank is overpowered = Russian bias. Dont say that. Youll get kicked

If a british tank is overpowered = Tea bias. Wtf gaijin. What are you doing.

If an american tank is overpowered = Its fine where it is, yall never played it before.

Edited by Gavin_Mactavish
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
medal medal medal medal

It's not immortal but Russian engineers sure did an amazing job, basically take an IS4-M, make armor even better (365MM effective frontal armor), give it 50% more penetration, make it twice as fast and agile, give it three times faster reload, double its gun rotation speed and make it four times cheaper to repair. I'm just happy I'm always in Russian tanks so I won't be dealing with this thing.

• Upvote 6

Da tovarisch, stronk motherland tank is of indestructible to filthy capitalist shells

• Haha 1
medal

I have a problem detonating it's front ammo rack from the front with Chieftain APDS for example.

From the side it goes boom reliably but from the front it seems it has some sort of spall shield and only driver is killed even when not aiming at him directly. 

medal medal

3 hours ago, CrossEyedN00b said:

I have a problem detonating it's front ammo rack from the front with Chieftain APDS for example.

From the side it goes boom reliably but from the front it seems it has some sort of spall shield and only driver is killed even when not aiming at him directly. 

The armor is thick at this spot and APDS is losing much damage output when penetrating thick armor. Read through this topic and enlighten yourself

• Thanks 1

You might have to ask Godman_82 for that. But I suspect that crewmen have less hp than ammo which actually would make sense. A human body is still weaker than a metal casing

Edited by Rainbowprincess

On 18/08/2018 at 15:10, Gavin_Mactavish said:

Have you played Japan mate most of their tanks ain't effective enough too deal with Russian tanks even though they where designed too  sure you can go for a side shot but all Russian tanks tracks and fuel tanks save their a$$es no Matter how good of a shot you are and trust me I kill tanks on SIM mode at 1.5 km away but even I can't effectively deal with IS6 and IS7 I even did a test to see the most effective way to kill a pike nose xxxxxxx truth be told it's a side shot between the tracks but there is only 25/50 percent chance that you'll kill the tank during my test shooting there only sometimes killed it rest of the time I'd only kill one crew member and make the ammo disappear or red and since the recent buff of the 105mm round of the Ho-Ri it can't even effectively kill a Tiger 2 or a Ferdinand frontally when it used to be able too

Looking at the Maus and the IS-7 it's unbelievable they are at the same BR, the powercreep in this game is insane. The IS-7 has it beat on pretty much every single aspect by a mile. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

The fact that Gaijin had to release a video to prove that the IS7 can actually be killed, if you hit in a tiny little spot, or with a certain shell at a particular angle, should be all you need to know about how OP this tank is at its BR.

• Thanks 2

Trying to fight the IS-7 in a maus is a nightmare. It's the same old story; while you're pixel-hunting for invisible weak that may or may not work given the +/-10% rng, you get meme'd right through the turret front and may as well bail out because there's absolutely no chance you'll repair in time with a minute-long wait until your cannon breach is fixed since the crew decides to repair the transmission first instead. I have a problem with any vehicle added to the game where the answer to counter it is "just aim for this two-milimeter space lmao" when the vehicle in question can kill by aiming at very large, readily-visible portions of its competition(sometimes just aiming anywhere.) Even to the guns on some 8.0 tanks, they still have to play "find the pixel" while the IS-7 can shoot areas meters wide for results. Destroying an IS-7 sometimes feels like the death-star trench run in star wars.

The weakness to the IS-7 is distance because its shell isn't really that great, but being at a distance also makes it practically immune to damage from kinetic munitions unless it's facing dart-throwing tanks, and it has plenty of speed to get to the front/weave around. The only time it's countered is in the event that it too suffers from powercreep, but clubbing when at top tier is no excuse to be useless in an uptier, and vice-versa. It may be balanced on paper, but it's very poor gameplay quality. Uptiering the IS-7 would be a bad idea, but letting it continue to club 7.0-7.7 is also terrible. Worse yet, it's not the only tank that has this kind of flip-flopping performance.

The only time I find pixel-hunting understandable is if the vehicle you're shooting is a full +1.0 br above yours. At that point, it should be incredibly difficult to kill since there's a limit of 4 top tier players on each team, making it a rarity.

On 06/09/2018 at 03:01, caboose418 said:

Is the Maus not 7.7 and the IS-7 is 8.0?

This is correct, but it is still quite absurd that a vehicle a measly .3 br's higher is so vastly superior. A .3 BR increase should indicate it's only somewhat better than 7.7's, not leaps and bounds.

On 02/09/2018 at 02:44, ANDROMADA said:

HEAT chews through its turret like butter. So long as you are not using a Maus... I don't see the problem here. Just don't shoot the upper glacis.

HEAT also costs an absurd amount of money to use. Unless you're one-shotting with each shell, it's a pure profit loss to use it. Pretty much makes the game pay-to-play at that point. If you don't have premium, then you don't play T6, you don't respawn more than twice, and you don't use most HEATFS; it's just not worth it.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

In a recent match, one enemy is-7 fought towards our base and no one can stop it. 
I was driving my stock tiger II 10.5 which was my first drive. Just played less than a minute was one shot killed by it. Too crazy! 

• Upvote 1
medal