DeliciousDrywall

The Questionable Balance of the IS7

I can handle it with the M46 patton's HEAT FS when I have to but it isnt that easy. What I hate is being uptiered literally every single match from 7.0 to 8.0 only to face four of these monsters.

I dont mind it all that much but I feel bad for the panther II and King Tiger 10.5 cm drivers who can only pen this thing by pixel sniping the coupla or the optics port (have fun doing that while the enemy is spamming the turret left and right)

If this thing is going to go to 8.3, I would say that it should get its auto loader buffed to the hypothetical 8RPM. As people have said, penetrating tanks with low pen to armor ratios is not easy. The IS7 sucks 7.0 tanks up to 8.0 and eats them for breakfast. but that is unfortunately what the IS7 is good at. The armor is good at 8.0 but uptiers make armor useless VIA ATGMs, HEAT FS, and Sabot. Plus the gun cant pen much at max BR. 

Edited by TheBigEasy1996

its a 8.33-8.7 tank easy. saying its easy to kill "coz holes" is like saying the jumbo can go to 3.3 because the f2 can kill it through the mg port.

honestly i cant tell who is defending it because they have it, and who is just swinging their stat wang around

Edited by SteliosKontos
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

Is not OP. Trust me, iv played it. Suffers jumbo syndrome.

Also these 2 running around the forums trying to shame the IS-7

Edited by _Catweazle_63
name and shame removed

_Catweazle_63 (Posted )

Really?
Do not:
1.1.1. Insult any forum members, Gaijin employee or forum staff.
1.1.2. Start or participate in flame wars, intentionally derail a topic, or post useless spam messages in moderated areas.
medal medal medal medal

22 hours ago, SteliosKontos said:

its a 8.33-8.7 tank easy. saying its easy to kill "coz holes" is like saying the jumbo can go to 3.3 because the f2 can kill it through the mg port.

honestly i cant tell who is defending it because they have it, and who is just swinging their stat wang around

Ah yes put the IS-7 at 8.7 where it would have one of if not the worst shell(265mm of pen against flat armor at 10 meters) the armor on the IS-7 would also be way less reliable if not outright unreliable at 8.7(keep in mind that armor becomes less and less useful the higher up the br a tank is, also please don't think that speed = mobility, speed ≠ mobility)

medal medal medal medal medal medal

Ok so 1 vs 1 heads up Leo1 vs IS7 is a ok fight... but when you have a team with 5-6 is7's here is where the problems lay.. they just unstoppable and ive yet to OHK a is7 in a leo1.. I think DEV'S need to balance it via a cap on the number of is7's in a battle maybe 3 or 4... no more.. don't touch the Br or the ammo. Just my 2 cents :good:

medal medal medal medal

9 hours ago, *Fonz_408 said:

Ok so 1 vs 1 heads up Leo1 vs IS7 is a ok fight... but when you have a team with 5-6 is7's here is where the problems lay.. they just unstoppable and ive yet to OHK a is7 in a leo1.. I think DEV'S need to balance it via a cap on the number of is7's in a battle maybe 3 or 4... no more.. don't touch the Br or the ammo. Just my 2 cents :good:

A limit on the number of IS-7's in a match might not be a bad idea for as long as it's getting spammed.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 28/08/2018 at 11:52, Gavin_Mactavish said:

Is not OP. Trust me, iv played it. Suffers jumbo syndrome.

Also these 2 running around the forums trying to shame the IS-7

well ive made 2 or 3 posts max. dont like people shaming your clubbing machine?

On 28/08/2018 at 14:35, caboose418 said:

Ah yes put the IS-7 at 8.7 where it would have one of if not the worst shell(265mm of pen against flat armor at 10 meters) the armor on the IS-7 would also be way less reliable if not outright unreliable at 8.7(keep in mind that armor becomes less and less useful the higher up the br a tank is, also please don't think that speed = mobility, speed ≠ mobility)

it has ok mobility and completely insane speed for how much armour it has. 

medal medal