DeliciousDrywall

The Questionable Balance of the IS7

This thing has single handedly completely unbalanced 7.3-8.3. The event was clearly way too easy as i have had a team of 11 IS7s playing my IS6. 7.3 br tanks are constantly dragged up to fight this death machine and they cant do anything to it unless they have heat-fs. The smartest thing to do would be to remove the IS7 and give everyone who grinded for it 10000 GE to compensate. Another possible solution would be to bump it up to 8.7 so they wouldnt drag up the 7.3s and 7.7s as often. Just my 2 cents.

P8triot (Posted )

Moved to Machinery of War>Ground Forces>Soviet Union>Heavy
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
medal

I suggested 8.3 BR because that'll save the IS-6 and make T-54s less likely to fight it but all IS-7 owners hate that idea as they think 9.3s will own them.

That is true, but they can also own 9.3s. It won't be "ohk" from 9.3s shooting at the is-7 but it will be a carefully drawn out plan of attack.

Please understand that it's either:

> IS-7 to 8.3 (not a big deal, but is-7 owner will cry because noskill.exe not responding)

> IS-6 to 7.0 to almost entirely stop IS-7 facing it

> IS-7 Repair cost jacked to 90,000/120,000 SL

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, xSiNNiNG said:

I suggested 8.3 BR because that'll save the IS-6 and make T-54s less likely to fight it but all IS-7 owners hate that idea as they think 9.3s will own them.

That is true, but they can also own 9.3s. It won't be "ohk" from 9.3s shooting at the is-7 but it will be a carefully drawn out plan of attack.

Please understand that it's either:

> IS-7 to 8.3 (not a big deal, but is-7 owner will cry because noskill.exe not responding)

> IS-6 to 7.0 to almost entirely stop IS-7 facing it

Put the is7 stabilizer, 8 shots per min and its no problem to 8.3

Edited by SWORDSM4N
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

Why should GJ do anything ? I am pretty sure they will collect data 1 or 2 month . The IS7 spam will vanish 1 or 2 weeks after the event . People move on . IS7 will get uptier or even downtier depends on data.

• Upvote 3

Who cares, it's a buttugly tank anyway and at it's BR range i think the T10 is superior, at least i seem to have more problem killing that monster than the silly Bias-7.

Yes, 7.3-8.3 is completely unbalanced right now but then again so is 9.0 - 10.0 and Gaijin seem to be perfectly fine with that Tier being totally unplayable for the Americans and Brits and even the Russians themselves struggle at 9.0+

So, let the Russians have 7.3-8.3, i don't care anymore, i dropped my Americans to 5.3 - 8.3 just to try to stay out of the useless XM-1 range and completely stopped playing the Brits for now because it's utter pointless even trying in this game.

Edited by AlmightyMike
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal

3 minutes ago, AlmightyMike said:

Who cares, it's a buttugly tank anyway and at it's BR range i think the T10 is superior, at least i seem to have more problem killing that monster than the silly Bias-7.

True ! The HT matches have much more problems then the IS7 . If he is a problem anyway . Matches to small , tanks to expensive , maps to small . People not trained to play this matches  because to expensive .

• Like 2

8 hours ago, xSiNNiNG said:

Ah yes because anyone who does not agree with your suggestion to the IS-7 being at 8.3 is someone who lacks any skill at the game.

8 hours ago, xSiNNiNG said:

This suggestion honestly makes me think that you have lost your marbles. (keep in mind the IS-7 comes 100% stock)

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

The game IS-7Broken lolol this is just a slap in the face of ppt that actually is facing them like 90% of the time, like me that got his 1st tier 5 tank the leo lololol apds is garbage and ooohhh i have no heatfs poor me. 

Dont worry i wont give bugjin any money, the game was broken after and before the is7. The rendering problems are still here and spwankilling is still here and the unbalanced brs are still here so no money for bugjin from my part. and this is only my 2 cents.

Edited by Zincas
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

Well, go watch Phlys video of BIASVII it does fine against 10.0!

Edited by Keijo_Kalmakoura
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

The only issue I see with IS-7 is the number of IS-7 in 8.0 matches but that is perfectly normal since it was very easy to get(much more than the Tiger from April's Fools event) and players like myself are now spading it. It is far from that invincible and undestructable tank that Gaijin said it would be, and honestly, I think that an IS-6 is much harder to kill at their own BR.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I don't get what the big fuss is?

Pros

• Autoloader
  • Mobile for a heavy
  • Decent armour for a downtier (and only in a downtier)
  • Good amount of HE filler means follow up shots aren't required if you can pen
  • 5 crew members in a russian tank, harder to get insta crew knocked out

Cons

• Armour is riddled with weak spots, the biggest one is the optics can be penetrated by any shell with ~190mm pen or more which leads directly into an ammo rack
  • Breach can be taken out by ANY HE round to the area surrounding the mantlet since it extends outside the tank,
  • Only has APHE as viable ammo, in an up tier this ammo really begins to scale off and you need to hit tiny weak spots on most tanks
  • HE shell that's worse than the 122mm HE
  • Ammo is stored literally everywhere in the tank, so being 1 hit KO'd is pretty easy
  • -3 degrees gun depression makes it really awkward to aim on a lot of maps unless you just sit in the open
  • T-10 has a better selection of ammo
  • Reload after expending the autoloader feels to be around 25 seconds per shell
  • No stabilizer

Seriously, it's basically a more situational T-10, in a downtier it's really good, but fighting equivalent tier or higher, you'd be better off taking the T-10 IMO since it's just as maneuverable, is a smaller target and has much better ammo choices.

Edited by Carrmatt93
  • Thanks 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Like mentioned before, wait until the spam calms down and everything is fine. Been slapping the IS-7's out of matches with my Maus pretty effectively, 3-5 IS-7 kills per game easily. You just have to know where to shoot and angle the thing and an IS-7 literally cant do anything to you.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Keijo_Kalmakoura said:

Well, go watch Phlys video of BIASVII it does fine against 10.0!

Not to mention you never get a side shoot pen with a standart shell from a leo1 7.7 lolololololol BUGJIN must be joking.

Some ppl really think the is7 is in th 8.0 above mm. Most of the times its on the 7.7 7.0 mm aaaaaaaaannnnnnnddddddd its a beast dont you guys have eyes look at the vid from phly its vs 1.0 and doing very fine.

Edited by Zincas
medal medal

32 minutes ago, Zincas said:

Not to mention you never get a side shoot pen with a standart shell from a leo1 7.7 lolololololol BUGJIN must be joking.

Some ppl really think the is7 is in th 8.0 above mm. Most of the times its on the 7.7 7.0 mm aaaaaaaaannnnnnnddddddd its a beast dont you guys have eyes look at the vid from phly its vs 1.0 and doing very fine.

Because if it works for him it works for everyone? By that logic we should bump the 28/20mm gun car from 1.3 to 10.0 because PhlyDaily killed toptier tanks with it. Also note that as soon as he gets shot he dies, or is crippled very badly. The point here is, a single IS-7 driven by an average player isnt going to destroy any matches (unless facing people with no idea what they are doing), the problem is that literally everyone and their grandma is now playing the IS-7 causing an unusual amount to appear in the matches, after a few months people will stop spamming it and the matchmaker will return to normal, you might see 1-3 IS-7's a game here and there but i doubt they will roll out in the hundreds ever again. Also even if i am wrong and the tank destroys the entire game, Gaijin will do what needs to be done when they have the necessary data.

Edited by Betsku
changed wording to avoid misunderstandings
medal medal medal

6 minutes ago, Betsku said:

Because if it works for him it works for everyone? By that logic we should bump the 28/20mm gun car from 1.3 to 10.0 because PhlyDaily killed toptier tanks with it. Also note that as soon as he gets shot he dies, or is crippled very badly. The point here is, a single IS-7 driven by a mediocre player isnt going to destroy any matches (unless facing people with no idea what they are doing), the problem is that literally everyone and their grandma is now playing the IS-7 causing an unusual amount to appear in the matches, after a few months people will stop spamming it and the matchmaker will return to normal, you might see 1-3 IS-7's a game here and there but i doubt they will roll out in the hundreds ever again. Also even if i am wrong and the tank destroys the entire game, Gaijin will do what needs to be done when they have the necessary data.

Some random wanna be n1º talking. Do us all a favor go german 7.0 7.7 against 6 is7 in a leo without heatfs then we will talk. Stop saying its not op because it has a small hole in its armor. lololol phly only open the eyes for what a 8.0 can do in a top tier match. My conversation with you its over you cant talk without saying trash.

• Sad 1
medal medal

28 minutes ago, Zincas said:

Phly's video is proof of nothing, a good chunk of his kills are against SPAA or tanks that can't fight back since they're only showing their back wheel behind a corner and he just shoots the engine til they die, a couple were ridiculous mechanic shots that happen like 1/100 times, where he trap shots a leo and then over-matches the suspension housing of another one. Then the only other kills he gets are when he flanks a T-64 and a leo which were completely oblivious to him and showed their full sides.

The only bit where "he tanks shells" at around 6 minutes or so, he's getting spammed by a Type 60 (which is 6.7 br btw) and you can literally see the HEAT / HESH hitting the trees, and then the game bugs out and does the hit fx anyway, and the shells that do land either hit the spaced armour (you can see it fall off) or do penetrate, but they penetrate the right hand side of the turret when everything in there is already dead, resulting in no damage. Any time an actual 9-10.0 tank shoots him (namely the Type-90, 2K among others) he gets flat out 1 shot.

Also you have to remember that he's a youtuber making videos of entertaining footage, he's hardly going to show off the bad games is he? You're only seeing the highlight reel.

Edited by Carrmatt93
  • Thanks 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Just now, Zincas said:

Some random wanna be n1º talking. Do us all a favor go german 7.0 7.7 against 6 is7 in a leo without heatfs then we will talk. Stop saying its not op because it has a small hole in its armor. lololol phly only open the eyes for what a 8.0 can do in a top tier match. My conversation with you its over you cant talk without saying trash.

Whats with all the salt, i was trying to be as neutral as possible. Also i enjoy the fact you did not read my first post in this thread where i state it is not hard to kill IS-7's with 7.7 germans. Also what is your obsession with the leo1? Is it because the APDS isnt working against the IS-7? Thats nothing new considering IT DOES NOT WORK AGAINST ANYTHING. Im not here to start a flame war or make anyone angry, i was simply attempting to tell you that just because a youtuber makes a tank look good in a video does not automatically mean its super overpowered. But since you ignored my first message ill say it again, destroying IS-7's with the Maus (and Leo) is completely possible and not even that hard if you aim at the correct spots and expect the IS-7's to rush you with their 60km/h speed.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal

you are tottaly right instead of pumping stupid stuff like this tank in the wrong br FIX THE GAME.

1 minute ago, Betsku said:

Whats with all the salt, i was trying to be as neutral as possible. Also i enjoy the fact you did not read my first post in this thread where i state it is not hard to kill IS-7's with 7.7 germans. Also what is your obsession with the leo1? Is it because the APDS isnt working against the IS-7? Thats nothing new considering IT DOES NOT WORK AGAINST ANYTHING. Im not here to start a flame war or make anyone angry, i was simply attempting to tell you that just because a youtuber makes a tank look good in a video does not automatically mean its super overpowered. But since you ignored my first message ill say it again, destroying IS-7's with the Maus (and Leo) is completely possible and not even that hard if you aim at the correct spots and expect the IS-7's to rush you with their 60km/h speed.

its not an obsession lololol its the only one i have. think before saying crap. the is-7 is too much for 8.0 is that so hard too see??? the germans are the main enemy faced by the russians. He does 0 so yeah. Nice too se blind ppl in this game. Enjoy your new toy

• Sad 1
medal medal

18 minutes ago, Zincas said:

you are tottaly right instead of pumping stupid stuff like this tank in the wrong br FIX THE GAME.

its not an obsession lololol its the only one i have. think before saying crap. the is-7 is too much for 8.0 is that so hard too see??? the germans are the main enemy faced by the russians. He does 0 so yeah. Nice too se blind ppl in this game. Enjoy your new toy

I'll agree with you on one point, which is the fact that the Germans only have an SPAA at 8.0, meaning an 8.0 match is favourable for the Russians. However, me and 3 buddies have been playing the 7.7 German lineup for a few days and like i said, the IS-7 is NOT that bad once you get used to it. The turret has 3 massive weakspots and the lower side is 100mm meaning you can kill it with a Pz4 F2 (note; do not, at any circumstances fire at the upper side armor, you will not pen). With the Leo1 you have 2 choises, 1) shoot at the gunner's optic to the right of the gun, its only 165mm effective and you can neutralize the IS-7 or its gunner that way 2) If using Jagdtiger, Maus etc with a HE filler shell, shoot at the cupolas, this will blow up the entire tank with a single shot. Trust me, the IS-7 is very good, but not the final boss of this game or anything. I mean how did you deal with an IS-4 then? You have to shoot his drivers hatch with the Leo's APDS which is about as big of a target as the IS-7 weakspots.

Edited by Betsku
highlighted some stuff, fixed spelling
  • Thanks 3
medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Zincas said:

You just complained that APDS, the 2nd worst AP round in the game, cant kill an IS-7.:crazy:

Germany?  It only has the Maus now at 8.0, so its a given that it will have trouble with other 8.X tanks.  Though the Leo is hardly a pushover.

medal

8 minutes ago, FunYun said:

You just complained that APDS, the 2nd worst AP round in the game, cant kill an IS-7.:crazy:

Germany?  It only has the Maus now at 8.0, so its a given that it will have trouble with other 8.X tanks.  Though the Leo is hardly a pushover.

He complained about Ger vs USSR so i'm assuming he is playing realistic battles which means Germany has no 8.0 "tanks", only one SPAA, as the Maus is 7.7 in RB.

medal medal medal