TheElite96

IS-7 - Questions, Information, Gameplay

7.0-7.7 british tanks struggle fighting it too, without heat round and the only chemical round hesh nerfed to hell, the best you can do is hit the front and only kill the driver, trying to land a hesh shot over some distance on a small part of the turret roof takes an enormous amount of luck and skill.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 18/08/2018 at 03:19, Elgreggo said:

I can't pen it fromt the front with an M103 shooting M469 shells .. and definitely missed a few broadside shots with the same ammo. I rarely see an is7 go down to just one tank. The tank pretty much carries the whichever team its on. I would say 8.3 is fine, as it would limit its exposure to 7.0 tanks, which definitely can't kill it. A panther II and Tiger II 10.5cm are 7.0, and I wouldn't wish that match up to my worst enemy. An is7 would run circles around those tanks. An is7 vs a leopard 1 ... thats doable. 

How about IS-6? Having problems killing that? Principle is basically the same, especially in M103 (I call it "IS-7 killer" now). Maybe you just don't aim right but IS7 cannot, I repeat, CANNOT angle against M103 regardless which ammo you use. which ever way he is pointing his turret (or hull in some cases) you can obliterate it with 1 shot or at least knock out his breach and few crew members. Heat shell will pen 99% of the times but most likely won't 1 shot it, while AP requires a little more steady hand when aiming but the effects are much more "explosive" ;-)

I play squadron vs squadron battles only where ppl are not as "dumb and reckless" as in random battles and I still don't have any problems putting the fear of god into them. If you are below it - lower plate with AP shell detonates ammo rack on the floor. If you are head on and he wiggles his turret to protect the gunner just go for the loader (most cases it detonates the ammo rack in the back of the turret). If he is looking straight at you aim few centimeters right of the mantlet... BOOM! If he is sideways you got more options... shot between tracks and hull in the middle of the tank will knock out all of the crew. If you want to go for ammo rack hit the rear end of the turret... BOOM!
Download some training mod and let it rip until you find for yourself that sweet spot where the tank goes BOOM from a frontal hit to the right of the barrel ;-)

Edited by DarsVader
medal medal medal medal medal

On 07/08/2018 at 23:11, TheGun31 said:

The gun has to be at 0° to be load with the carrousel, because the carrousel has its position fix behind the turret (thats why the oscillanting turrets exist)

I doubt we will ever see it as it would almost exclusively affect Russian tanks. )))
(As they are the nation with the majority of autoloading tanks where the gun would have to go to 0° in order for it to load)

medal medal medal medal medal medal

9 hours ago, SilenceICZ said:

IS-7 should be 8.7... Insane OP tank making game unplayable... When you dont have it...

The IS-7 has good/decent straight line speed(depending on what terrain it's on) but bad mobility(straight line speed ≠ good mobility). It's armor might stand a chance against 9.0 tanks and above. It has one average shell(average for 8.0 mediocre if it goes to 8.7) and slightly below average to average gun handling. A good reload but only 7 shells before the ready rack is empty(It can't reload without shells in the ready rack unlike some other tanks)

medal medal medal medal medal medal

Well, I am trying to spade the Chieftain Mk.3 right now and all I can say is that the IS-7 is a real Nightmare. HESH is rather unreliable as a Damage Dealer. Most of the Time I just kill the Driver and the Ammo turns yellow, after that he just deletes me out of the Round. APDS works in some Situations. From the Front you have a real Problem most of the Time due to xxxx Ammo Damage. Saw it more than one Time that my APDS just turns the whole Turret Crew yellow or the HESH just killing the Driver.

Most reliable Way to kill it is from the Side, between the Tracks - but try to flank an IS-7 in your nearly stock Chief. Even fully spaded it's nearly impossible :D

I have a really hard Time with the Chief right now, not to mention that I loose 9 out of 10 Matches.....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

BS.PNG.57f007c5e3d9adc11de5e2b7d0cbe6a4.

Pretty much says it all. Oh and the following shows what happens to me 95% of the time when shooting its turret with my 152mm nuke.BS2.thumb.jpg.f74a82a5a3e86a0d72cef6e8f9

Post pen damage is a joke compared to every other tank in the game I face at 7.7. Not to mention the results APFSDS brings.2018_08_27_14_46_03-rep_Moment.thumb.jpg2018_08_27_14_46_03-rep_Moment2.thumb.jp2018_08_27_14_54_00-rep_Moment.thumb.jpg

And if a 152mm HeatFS literally deals no damage for what it is I can only imagine what 90-105mm calibres will do. There is a reason why so many games get carried by Is7 players with 10-15 kills and a reckless playstyle, the only downside the tank has imo is the missing stabilizer but even without it I cannot think of another tank which does nearly as well as this thing. Poor Maus players...

• Like 1
medal

Ive said it in a prior thread. Give it the missing stabilizer and put it at at least 8.3 so 7.0 wont suffer anymore... literally the 7.0 germans have become buffet snacks for this thing and so has the M46 patton except the patton has a fighting chance against it with HEAT FS against the LFP but that is not much considering you just kill the driver...

• Upvote 1

On 07/08/2018 at 17:11, TheGun31 said:

I would like that gaijin model at least one of this two things:
1) Is not an autoloader, is an mechanism that assist the loader, the loader has to manually move the propellant into the carrousel that goes into the breach.

2) The gun has to be at 0° to be load with the carrousel, because the carrousel has its position fix behind the turret (thats why the oscillanting turrets exist)

If it had these things, THEN it would belong in 8.0.
And:
3) Make the top mounted MG and pedestal a damageable object, as it's currently not modeled on the tank in-game. (won't mention the reasons I believe for this quite large object not to be modeled in)

medal medal

20180904122025_1.thumb.jpg.77900576f0ea3

IS-7 casually carrying a 9.0 match while being under constant fire and playing extremely aggressive. And the usual when shooting it with APFSDS:

Edited by Massimoni
medal

5 hours ago, Old_lronsides said:

Exactly how many IS-7 tanks were rewarded for the Summer event?

Is there any way to find out?

308 are still on the market. Last month the is 7 has seen about 2600+ matches but thunderskill won't be a good source for that. Thinking about the grind, i think there are between 2000-3000 is7 in the game 

Edited by Kryore
  • Thanks 1

Just got back from 3 weeks in Russia including a trip to Kubinka  - got the IS7 just before leaving and haven't used it yet - thanks for the tips!! ;)

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Anybody else recently having problems where the ammo fuses do not seem to detonate when firing at stuff? I'd had quite a bunch of games recently where my shot penetrated but only seemed to injure/damage anything directly in the line of fire, with no shrapnel going off.