otomai

IS-7 spam completely break 7.0 and 7.7 matches.

If you does not play the russian nation, just stop playing at this BR range. Every damn matches there are 4 IS-7s and completely steamrolls the team. It's utterly ridicolous and shows how incompetent the matchmaking is. Putting a 10.5 cm Tiger against this thing makes no sense at all.

A new BR range fell into the unplayable category.

Edited by TheElite96

TheElite96 (Posted )

Strictly off Limit Topics and Discussions, including posting links:
1.1.19. Profanity and insult via direct statement or implication (full or partial circumvention). This includes the use of swearing, medical-related reference (such as cancer, mental illness, etc.), offensive and abusive language, and other references of an insulting or profane nature. Automatically filtered items are exempt from action.

"BS-7" has been edited to "IS-7". Please do not continue such circumvention of the filter.

P8triot (Posted )

Moved to Soviet Union>Heavy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Upvote 19

I'm having a very nice time farming IS-7s with the afpsds of my brenus, keep em coming! (also avoid BR 7-7.3 until the spam calms down a bit)

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Relax, once the spam dies down in a few weeks to a month it will all be ok. 

“But muh Russian Bias!!!!!” 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, arongaspar said:

If you does not play the russian nation, just stop playing at this BR range. Every damn matches there are 4 BS-7s and completely steamrolls the team. It's utterly ridicolous and shows how incompetent the matchmaking is. Putting a 10.5 cm Tiger against this thing makes no sense at all.

A new BR range fell into the unplayable category.

:facepalm: So people want to play a new tank they just got and you whinge about it?

• Confused 5
  • Upvote 7
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Managed to pen the turret from the side and the tank from the front with HEATFS from the M46. Was at an elevated angle (only slight - about 2 degrees, give or take 1 degree) and sliced through him like butter. However only killed the driver, gunner and cannon breech - had to keep him from moving so my friend could flank and kill him.

IS-7's are really just a glorified T-10M, with a 10sec reload.

medal medal medal medal

The main problem with the IS7 is BR and not for the IS7, but for the other tanks at 7.0 or 7.7 like the Tiger 2 105mm, unless you have APFSDS or want to pay 1000 SL's per shot using HEATFS you're screwed.

Saying I have no troubles killing it, doesn't mean there isn't a problem with it. Its like when the IS3 was 7.0 and I had to fight them in my M26, I killed a fair few of them because they got cocky, although doesn't mean I SHOULD have to fight them EVERY GAME.. Then we have the IS6 as a back up to this thing.

Then you have to look at the Lineup for the Germans at tier 5 which sucks big time, the only GOOD tank is the Leo 1 otherwise you're just cannon fodder or a bullet sponge like the Maus. And even then the leo1 has only speed to its advantage.. The Germans have a really bad lineup. Japan suffers the same. The US actually have a fair few good tanks at tier 5 and the same for rest of the factions (UK, USSR, France).

Edited by Cerberi_command
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal medal medal

as predicted, it is a beast when it is top of the match, and pretty easy meat when it is bottom.

shrug - the system works as well as can be expected.:my_precious:

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 6
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

16 hours ago, Josephs_Piano said:

as predicted, it is a beast when it is top of the match, and pretty easy meat when it is bottom.

shrug - the system works as well as can be expected.:my_precious:

Same for all tanks with low pen-to-armor ratio.

medal medal medal medal

This happens every time a new tank gets added to high tier. Leo 2A4, Abrams, MBT-70 etc. This is the reality of a hype vehicle getting added. On the flip side it will get very easy to learn how to kill them and you will be able to hone your skills into an art.

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal

4 hours ago, PhugTheWar said:

It's the balancing, stupid.

Let's not forget the introductions of the IS-3, IS-4 and the IS-6:

1. IS-4M hasn't been over-powered since 2014 ground forces, that being the same period of time when the Panzer II M was roflstomping Tier II like no tank had before or since.
  2. IS-3 was OP for like a few months, at best, when it was down-tiered to where it fought Tiger II's consistently and then quickly up-tiered again, not much a track-record there.
  3. IS-6 was indeed over-powered for quite a while, but then again plenty of others have been, the premium T29 was wrecking German 5.7's-6.7's quite a while before the IS-6 came about.

Also, you're kinda conveniently leaving out the IS-1/2 (Mod. '44) here, those ofcourse being the tanks that were over-shadowed by the Tiger II's for absolute ages.

Can't say these Sovjet heavies have had a history of being OP whatsoever.

4 hours ago, PhugTheWar said:

Like it's true for its predecessors, the IS-7 has got a very flattering BR making it quite unpleasant to deal with, if it's down-tiered.

A tank stomping on vehicles lower than it? tell me it ain't so.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 4

still seems balanced, its just the number of IS-7s in the match. the 165mm HESH works for me, its just that there's always that second IS-7, damn thing is also so fast no UK tank can even run from it.

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, PhugTheWar said:

One badly balanced vehicle is an excuse for other ones being OP?

Please, point me in the direction where I claimed any such thing.

I'm talking about the IS-3, IS-4 and IS-6.

I noticed, doesn't mean I can't bring up other examples though.

But you confirmed it for the three tanks I mentioned...

What?

The majority of the vehicles in this game have been over-powered at some point in time, so what is your point exactly?

Like the Begleitpanzer 57, the PT-76 etc.? If a down-tiered vehicle roflstomps the competition, it's a clear sign of bad balancing.

At the risk of repeating myself: What?

It's a sign of battle rating compression, not of a particular vehicle being under-tiered.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Upvote 3

Yesterday I had funny game with almost all team in AMX-30 vs. almost all team in IS-7 and guess who won? So French 7.3 is doable even with AMX-30 HEAT is bouncing like WWII ammo.

I'm a bit surprised about how many of IS-7 is in game, but I hope numbers will fall quick as it isn't premium and you need to pay again for grinding with talisman.

medal medal medal medal

Sweet Jebus.

I got the IS-7 last night.. and it's disgusting. (My friend who drives the Maus is probably going to flip his lid that the tank designed to be impervious to it faster than it, and with a better gun than it is only .3 above it.)

I've lost one match in the IS-7... my first one, and it was because it was a mixed battle and the enemy team had more IS-7s.

This is an 8.3 tank.

(Before I got it, I was shooting it with the XM-1 in the side.. and I was able to penetrate but there was so little damage that I had to shoot the same piece of ammo on the inside of the hull FOUR times to get it to go black and blow up.)

HEAT messes with it, but it's still no guarantee. I had a Leo doing his hulldown in the river routine shoot me 11 times (at range)  and the only damage was him offing my driver when he managed to penetrate the LFP. (Racketenpanzer 2 HOT will screw it up... but that's just Toxin being being out-Toxined.)

"Ultra Rare Event Tank" spam is going to make life hell for 7.0+ for some time.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 5

50 minutes ago, PhugTheWar said:

You: "IS-6 was indeed over-powered for quite a while, but then again plenty of others have been, the premium T29 was wrecking German 5.7's-6.7's quite a while before the IS-6 came about."

Meme.png.95109c6fc551570e0cd4be2d2d436f6

Not sure why I need to explain but here it goes:

The IS-6 was justified for being OP because the T29 has OP been before it.

Is not the same as:

The IS-6 wasn't alone in being OP, tanks before it like the T29 has also been OP.

55 minutes ago, PhugTheWar said:

Like your T29 excuse...

Refer to the above.

That's in fact true. But some of them have been over-powered longer than others.

None of the IS-series fit that bill, as already explained.

A good example however would be the Gepard, which wrecked Tier I for years upon years without any nerfs appearing untill only 2017.

Another good match would be the Tiger II H, the king of 6.7 all the way up untill the T29 appeared.

-Snip-

The IS-7 fits that perfectly, OP when down-tiered against 7.0's, trash when up-tiered against 9.0's.

• Confused 4
  • Upvote 4

9 hours ago, Necrons31467 said:

The IS-6 was justified for being OP because the T29 has OP been before it.

Is not the same as:

The IS-6 wasn't alone in being OP, tanks before it like the T29 has also been OP.

Both statements are nonesense as they justify one OP vehicle to another OP vehicle. The less OP stuff a game has, the more competitive the gameplay will be.

10 hours ago, Necrons31467 said:

None of the IS-series fit that bill, as already explained.

It fits to the ones I refered to.

Another good match would be the Tiger II H, the king of 6.7 all the way up untill the T29 appeared.

The Tiger II H at least had to fight tanks capable of dealing with it properly...

The IS-7 fits that perfectly, OP when down-tiered against 7.0's, trash when up-tiered against 9.0's.

The only thing is: The IS-7 isn't like trash when up-tiered - like the T-10M isn't trash when uptiered.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal

Whether or not the term "stupid" was directed at anyone, it is considered insulting here in the context it was used, and will not be tolerated here. Please discontinue any derailing AND insulting from here on out, and consider this a friendly warning to all.

Also keep in mind that rants are considered spam and will not get anywhere here...so please do not turn this thread into a place to rant.

Thread has been cleaned...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 4

My question is why is it lower than the T-10M when it seems better than it in every practical way? Is it because it lacks a high-pen shell? If so, that's a very poor reason when it has so many other things to make up for it. I will no longer be playing the 7.0-8.0 range until it becomes a rarity(as if the maus wasn't hard enough to play as is, this just makes it pointless to drive at all.) I've seen enough gameplay videos to solidify my stance on the matter.

Once it kills off 7.0-8.0, it'll find more and more frequent matches at 9.0, and folks will reconsider spamming it so much. Same thing happened with the Yak-23 in air RB.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal

14 hours ago, Lahgtah said:

My question is why is it lower than the T-10M when it seems better than it in every practical way? Is it because it lacks a high-pen shell? If so, that's a very poor reason when it has so many other things to make up for it. I will no longer be playing the 7.0-8.0 range until it becomes a rarity(as if the maus wasn't hard enough to play as is, this just makes it pointless to drive at all.) I've seen enough gameplay videos to solidify my stance on the matter.

Once it kills off 7.0-8.0, it'll find more and more frequent matches at 9.0, and folks will reconsider spamming it so much. Same thing happened with the Yak-23 in air RB.

Sure the IS-7 might seem better but does that make it better? The only things the IS-7 seem to have over the T-10M is armor and reload, the T-10M has better shells and a stabilizer(I don't have the T-10M yet so i don't know what tank that has the better mobility) 

• Upvote 1

The is7 is in the right place being 8.0, the problem is that you want to hit front with heavy tank, because they do not use iteligencia and try to kill by the flanks, playing from is7 I see a lot of tank player wanting to kill from the front if you do not penetrate the front armor will die. For wins and a strong enemy you must exploit their fragility!

And for those who do not know the successor to Is-7 is the T-10m (Originally called IS-8)

Edited by *Fara420
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, *Fara420 said:

The is7 is in the right place being 8.0, the problem is that you want to hit front with heavy tank, because they do not use iteligencia and try to kill by the flanks, playing from is7 I see a lot of tank player wanting to kill from the front if you do not penetrate the front armor will die. For wins and a strong enemy you must exploit their fragility!

And for those who do not know the successor to Is-7 is the T-10m (Originally called IS-8)

Definitely absolutely not. When you say it's OK at 8.0 you think of it battling t95e1 or chieftains. What about those people in 105 tiger, t29/34/32? What about those people in centurions, m46s and panthers? The reason why I think it's not good atm is because it meets tanks that can't reliably pen it even from the side. There either needs to be a line between cold war and world War tanks. That cannot be crossed. Or it needs to be moved away. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

It’s ok for a vehicle to smash all things that are one BR below it...that doesn’t make any sense to me. They should be  capable enough to fight one BR above.

if that’s the case, lower the Tiger 2s Tiger10.5, Jagtiger and Maus .03 lower and see what the result is...

Edited by *CodyBlues
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Let me get this straight. People already started crying about IS-7, but nobody even shed a tear about Foch which is 10 times more more OP at the BR it is?

All in all, I think IS-7 should be same BR as T-10M

Edited by FearRaiser
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1