Sign in to follow this  
SergeantTeaspoon

Best German aircraft to get into RB

Hey everyone! 

So far i have managed to struggle myself to Br 6.0 in Arcade battles with the Germans, now in possesion of a 109G2 and a 190A5/u12. 

Now, im fairly average, not bad but not outstanding in anyway. I know how to energy fight for a little bit, which is a strenght of the german fighters.

I really want to get into Rb and step up my game, but jumping into Rb with a 6.0 plane without much Rb experience will result in a bloodbath.

So im asking you guys, which German plane would be the best to get into Rb flying? Any tips or hints are welcome as well! Help a newbie out here! 

Thanks in advance

Edited by SergeantTeaspoon
medal medal medal medal

Bf109 G-2 and Bf109 F-4 are you best bet for a beginner.

They handle very well in RB, can dogfight as well as play a more conventional (but more boring) BnZ playstyle, and their firepower is no joke, the single 20mm being enough to kill any fighters in a few hits, especially since the guns got buffed recently.

Don't take additional gunpods, climb at the starts, chooses your target wisely, and know the basic of ACM, that is enough and actually more than most players do knows. The amount of players that keep falling for E-traps such as spiraling climb (provided you have energy advantage of course) and end up stalling under you is impressive.

Edited by ShinGetsu
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I think the 190 A-5 is a pretty good plane to start with, or a 109 F-4.

The F4 is probably the most forgiving plane to fly in the whole German tree, but I think the 190 A-5 is more representative of how the later planes will fly.

With the 109s, I basically always take gun pods, but until you get used to RB you should go without them.

medal medal

6 minutes ago, pokenaut7 said:

bf-110 (anyone) just so many guns.

Love the 110, but for someone jumping over from AB, a twin engine fighter might be a bit tough. And the BR’s are not the most ideal for the 110’s at the moment. 

I would have to say either the F-4 or G-2/trop. I also use gunpods. The trops will give you an engine that does not overheat too quickly. And if you use MEC you can WEP almost continuously. 

medal

The bf110 's are great, decent BR and with good firepower. Of course they are not turn fighters but really good for killing bombers and attackers , ground targets and small naval targets. I killed a lot of fighters with them but as a general rule you can have you way at altitude , JMHO.

medal medal medal

My vote would be the Bf109 E-1

Lots of ammo so you don't have to worry about running out as quickly as other planes, and since you're used to AB, you might not be used to conserving your ammo as much.

Edit:   Maybe F-1 after that, as you'll still have plenty of MG ammo, plus a cannon which you'll have to conserve the ammo on.  Make sure you have separate keys attached to your different guns so that you can shoot MGs and cannons separately from each other.  In the F-1 I like to use the MGs as a tracer and when I'm close and dead on I spray a few cannon shots in the target and it's almost a guarantee kill if you do it right.

Edited by FireflyBroker
  • Upvote 1
medal

My vote is the Bf109 F1 which in my opinion is very undertiered. 

At 2.3 it has more engine power than most planes, has a cannon (albeit with low ammo) and can compete with 3.3 planes (the F1 should really be at 2.7, but if Giajin isnt going to change it then I will take advantage).  Your toughest opponents will be P40's, P39's and P400's, most of which you can beat in a turn fight.  Everything else you can energy fight against making sure you fly smart and keep your energy advantage higher than your opponent.

Everyone thanks for the advice, ive tried the 109E3 for a couple of games (because i had almost maxed it out already) and i must say i have quite some succes with energy fighting, alot of people at this BR dont seem to have much experience with it and make themselves easy targets...

medal medal medal medal

Sign in to follow this