War%20Thunder%2043_a8946be4cab491d60d7e2

• Type 74 - rate of fire increased from 7 to 9 shots  per minute. Source: Japan Defense Agency (September 5, 1974), 仮制式要綱 74式戦車 XD9002 [Construction summary, Type 74 Tank, XD 9002], Japan Defense Agency.
  • 120mm L15A3/L15A5 - penetration values have been corrected. Penetration at normal considerably reduced. Penetration at 60 degrees angles has been increased. Source: DEFE 15/1183 //  DEFE 25/576 Future Tank Policy (Pre and Post 1995) // DEFE 70.207 Replacement of Chieftain Tank (Future Main Battle Tank - MBT 80) policy
  • 120 mm L23A1 - penetration values have been corrected. Penetration at normal considerably reduced. Penetration at 60 degree angles have been increased. Source. Challenger db
  • Challenger - tank armour and protection updated. For more information see devblog.
  • Challenger - name corrected to “Challenger Mk.2”
  • T-64B - a bug with reduced protection value of the hull and turret has been fixed. Source  "Защита танков" ред. В.А. Григорян изд. МГТУ им. Н.Э.Баумана // Частные вопросы конечной баллистики" ред. В.А. Григорян изд. МГТУ им. Н.Э.Баумана // Репорт -
  • Accuracy has been corrected for the following guns:
    • 100-mm D-10Т/S/Т2S
    • 105-mm KwK L/68 cannon
    • 105-mm CN105 F1
    • 105-mm L7 and modifications
    • 105-mm M68 and modifications
    • 115-mm U-5ТS
    • 120-mm GIAT CN120-25 G1
    • 120-mm L11A5
    • 120-mm Rheinmetall L/44
    • 120-mm Type 90
    • 125-mm 2А26
    • 125-mm 2А46М-1
    • 152-mm XM150E5

Previously these guns had a spread over 1 mRad at 1000m distance. Now the spread has been corrected to 0.38-0.5 mRad at that distance. Sources: ARTILLERY DIVISION REPORT ON EVALUATION OF PREPRODUCTION SHOT, APDS, 105-MM, M392A1 FOR M68 GUN (U) AD0317307, REPORT NO. DPS/OAC-I/60/2 JUNE 1960 // PERFORMANCE OF CHROME-PLATED 105MM M68 GUN TUBES WITH DISCARDING SABOT AMMUNITION ADA031639 September 1976

The current provided changelog reflects the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates, additions and fixes may not be listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving and specific fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

• Like 10
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 12

L7 accuracy issue did nt get addressed to its full extent.  

727bf0f9-7bf6-4717-b2d3-9d1bda8705f2.png This is what we got as a fix.

https://old.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/8zk96j/1791152_dev_servercannon_max_delta_angle_change/?sort=new

Any explanations about this ?

[email protected] (Posted )

In game spread angle refers to a 95% confidence interval (i.e. total spread) while the numbers in the report refer to an average/mean spread angle.
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal

Soo, the MBT's get increased in BR and suddenly guns and armor get ''fixed''?

I'm sorry, but can I ask for all tanks with APDS to get +0.3 br so the damage and penetration gets ''fixed'' as well?

Edited by *Le_Mofoman
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 11
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

What have you done to L23A1 APDSFS penatresion I agree on the 30° and 60° pen increase but decreasing 0° pen to 415mm it should be 490mm you even said it in your own post ?

• Upvote 6
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Ouiche said:

Now the spread has been corrected to 0.38-0.5 mRad at that distance.

Key question - is that radius, or diameter?

• Upvote 5

Looks great,but shouldnt this also affect STB-1 that is almost identical with Type-74?

I guess it could be because of balance,but i really dont see how this would make STB-1 OP,because its already suffering bad elevation and bouncy suspension.

2 hours ago, Ouiche said:

Type 74 - rate of fire increased from 7 to 9 shots  per minute. Source: Japan Defense Agency (September 5, 1974), 仮制式要綱 74式戦車 XD9002 [Construction summary, Type 74 Tank, XD 9002], Japan Defense Agency.

Edited by Wallia_Marseille
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

"Previously these guns had a spread over 1 mRad at 1000m distance. Now the spread has been corrected to 0.38-0.5 mRad at that distance."

long range sniping was literally impossible before.

thanks for fixing it!  ♥

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

That update just destroyed the British especially the Chieftain Mk10. tank is twice as slow as everything around his BR, twice as slower traverse, very bad maneuverability, awful gun, very slow reload, no armor and generally doesn't fit 9.3. By the time u reach the battlefield the battle is already over most of the time. And NOW its pen is around 300mm. This tank now barely fits 7.3 and it is in 9.3 ?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Upvote 2
medal medal

Where are "120mm Ordnance BL Tk.L11 cannon - Chieftain's maingun? Their accuracy are still underperforming. And how about deleting Shot L15A5 from Challenger Mk2 and move Shot L23 to a stock shell? It is too week to use in BR9.7.

Edited by Hohma_Neko
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, duckmartin said:

What have you done to L23A1 APDSFS penatresion I agree on the 30° and 60° pen increase but decreasing 0° pen to 415mm it should be 490mm you even said it in your own post ?

This is what was posted.

71 degrees we receive 490mm

60 degrees we get 448mm

0 degrees = 385-390mm

Its odd, but though it is technically penetrating more material, the 71deg plate is thinner/weaker.

Besides, there are no tanks with 400mm flat armor, nothing is really lost.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
medal medal medal

2 hours ago, duckmartin said:

71 degrees we receive 490mm

60 degrees we get 448mm

0 degrees = 385-390mm

Where exactly did they state 490mm at 0° ? Ah yes. Nowhere....

People need to learn that Dart ammuntion penetrates more Line of Sight (LoS) at steep angles than at low angles.

When you look at the 60° penetration you will see it's 448/2. The 490mm value is for angles at 71° which is even steeper than what the stat card shows. The UFP of the T64B is at 68° so it will now penetrate the UFP of the T64B from a much longer range.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

4 hours ago, Ouiche said:

• Type 74 - rate of fire increased from 7 to 9 shots  per minute. Source: Japan Defense Agency (September 5, 1974), 仮制式要綱 74式戦車 XD9002 [Construction summary, Type 74 Tank, XD 9002], Japan Defense Agency.
  • 120mm L15A3/L15A5 - penetration values have been corrected. Penetration at normal considerably reduced. Penetration at 60 degrees angles has been increased. Source: DEFE 15/1183 //  DEFE 25/576 Future Tank Policy (Pre and Post 1995) // DEFE 70.207 Replacement of Chieftain Tank (Future Main Battle Tank - MBT 80) policy
  • 120 mm L23A1 - penetration values have been corrected. Penetration at normal considerably reduced. Penetration at 60 degree angles have been increased. Source. Challenger db
  • Challenger - tank armour and protection updated. For more information see devblog.
  • Challenger - name corrected to “Challenger Mk.2”
  • T-64B - a bug with reduced protection value of the hull and turret has been fixed. Source  "Защита танков" ред. В.А. Григорян изд. МГТУ им. Н.Э.Баумана // Частные вопросы конечной баллистики" ред. В.А. Григорян изд. МГТУ им. Н.Э.Баумана // Репорт -
  • Accuracy has been corrected for the following guns:
    • -SNIP-

Previously these guns had a spread over 1 mRad at 1000m distance. Now the spread has been corrected to 0.38-0.5 mRad at that distance. Sources: ARTILLERY DIVISION REPORT ON EVALUATION OF PREPRODUCTION SHOT, APDS, 105-MM, M392A1 FOR M68 GUN (U) AD0317307, REPORT NO. DPS/OAC-I/60/2 JUNE 1960 // PERFORMANCE OF CHROME-PLATED 105MM M68 GUN TUBES WITH DISCARDING SABOT AMMUNITION ADA031639 September 1976

first a tiny bit off-topic: thanks for the Challenger blog, finally we have been heard and get some information back about the stats for the tank.

now for the patchnotes:

• Type 74
    • good to see it getting buffed - and i have to ask on: what about STB-1?^^
  • 120mm L15A3/A5
    • these shells have been buffed for 60° angled armour?
    • this was the L15A5 before the patch
      • Spoiler

1567253909_shot2018_06_1214_23_34.jpg.2d

• this is after the patch
      • Spoiler

415444247_shot2018_07_1717_32_22.jpg.0ee1427597362_shot2018_07_1717_32_12.jpg.c1

• and i dare say it got NERFED! from around 500m onwards its nerfed, but the ~100mm to flat penetration and close to ~150mm for 30° angle seems really bad! you cant talk this off as any kind of buff, when the shells performance has been reduced by up to a THIRD at certain points......this is really difficult for me to believe in....
  • challenger armour change/update/fix
    • cant find any difference, the fueltanks are still vulnerable to anything, and i cant find anything that was changed..... does anyone know what happened?
  • T64B armour fix
    • do you mean the "max armour value" (or what its called)?
    • now it looks like the turretcheeks are invulnerable to nearly anything, what exactly has been done? please be more informative again!
  • gun accuracy fix
    • FINALLY! this has been needed for many many months!

good to see some of these changes, but i am sceptical about the chieftains/challengers APDS nerf....... i do not like this at all...

please shed some more light onto this!!!

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal

Well, russian guns with the same accuracy as west? Is it correct? The inaccuracy of T-62 was legendary. The russians used missiles in tanks due to lack of the same level of accuracy as the west tanks, so why are there the same? Looks like BUFF of russian's vehicles...  

Stona (Posted )

Please provide documents and proofs and submit them as bug reports if you think that something is not working properly. Thanks!
  • Like 1
  • Confused 7
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

This is great for the tank you did fix.
Now it is about time to fix all the issues with the Leopard 2A4, inexistant weakspots and slope modifiers, please.

Edited by ___SlimShady___
medal medal