On 3/11/2018 at 5:51 AM, CannibalChow said:

I can post about the controls I use if anyone would like.

my friend would be interested in specifically how to set the view of the gunner of the bombers that currently in view remains fixed without the possibility of moving the machine gun

8 hours ago, dvxita said:

my friend would be interested in specifically how to set the view of the gunner of the bombers that currently in view remains fixed without the possibility of moving the machine gun

The default settings already have it keyed in. If the Gunner view is fixed then the keys for it were either removed or changed. By default, tapping "Y" until you're in the Gunner view and moving around the Right Stick, would normally allow you to freely aim.

Your friend could  reset controls to default and remap his preferred keys and it should work again. I did have this issue months before when I was tinkering with different key bindings but I just spent 20 minutes trying to make it so I couldn't aim with the gunners and they still worked.

2 hours ago, DragonSouIkin said:

The default settings already have it keyed in. If the Gunner view is fixed then the keys for it were either removed or changed. By default, tapping "Y" until you're in the Gunner view and moving around the Right Stick, would normally allow you to freely aim.

Your friend could  reset controls to default and remap his preferred keys and it should work again. I did have this issue months before when I was tinkering with different key bindings but I just spent 20 minutes trying to make it so I couldn't aim with the gunners and they still worked.

I can not try as you say as long as they do not insert the command saving otherwise it is a disaster to change all the commands again! ARE MONTHS THAT WE ASK THE GAIJIN TO INSERT THE PRESETS IN THE COMMANDS ARE VERY IMPORTANT !!!

could some friends insert the helicopter controls? I have not found the right settings yet.

could some friends insert the helicopter controls? I have not found the right settings yet.

• Like 1

I've done it so many times it just takes me 5 minutes to remap everything.

As far as the helicopter controls, I posted a mapping of HOTAS controls so if you're using a controller or K&M it won't be much help.

• 1 month later...

Anyone here know where I can get K&M mappings? I dont have an elite controller, and try to apply multiple button combos is driving me insane, I already have one for Ground units, but I need one for Air RB (helis even) and Naval RB

You should be able to click "control wizard " in the bottom left of controls and click on keyboard and mouse. That should give you the default K&M cobtrols.

• 1 month later...

Is there a way I can contact the devs to have them fix the default controls since that's the main reason people have been review bombing the game on Xbox, it's down to 2.6 out of 5 stars.

I have a fully mapped and working controller setup that lots of friends and viewers of my streams on Mixer are enjoying.

Please direct me as to how I can make them change the terrible default controls to a much more beginner friendly one.

Thank you for your time, I just want this game to have more than maybe 10 players on Xbox right now.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, CannibalChow said:

Is there a way I can contact the devs to have them fix the default controls since that's the main reason people have been review bombing the game on Xbox, it's down to 2.6 out of 5 stars.

I have a fully mapped and working controller setup that lots of friends and viewers of my streams on Mixer are enjoying.

Please direct me as to how I can make them change the terrible default controls to a much more beginner friendly one.

Thank you for your time, I just want this game to have more than maybe 10 players on Xbox right now.

Share it right here please, it would be helpful for everyone. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Here's my entire Control Layout mapped to the easiest style I could find.

I do hope this helps the Default Controls as many have hated the default ones and been turned away from the game due to it.

Please do let me know if my controls have helped others out as well, they're basic in every area til the precise things like Rangefinder and such.

CannibalChow_WarThunder_20190530_14-43-02.png

CannibalChow_WarThunder_20190530_14-43-17.png

CannibalChow_WarThunder_20190530_14-30-05.png

CannibalChow_WarThunder_20190530_14-32-47.png

CannibalChow_WarThunder_20190530_14-33-08.png

CannibalChow_WarThunder_20190530_14-33-39.png

CannibalChow_WarThunder_20190530_14-33-50.png

CannibalChow_WarThunder_20190530_14-37-37.png

CannibalChow_WarThunder_20190530_14-38-08.png

CannibalChow_WarThunder_20190530_14-38-31.png

CannibalChow_WarThunder_20190530_14-38-46.png

CannibalChow_WarThunder_20190530_14-39-47.png

CannibalChow_WarThunder_20190530_14-40-11.png

CannibalChow_WarThunder_20190530_14-41-30.png

CannibalChow_WarThunder_20190530_14-42-11.png

CannibalChow_WarThunder_20190530_14-42-32.png

CannibalChow_WarThunder_20190530_14-27-47.png

CannibalChow_WarThunder_20190530_14-27-47.png

CannibalChow_WarThunder_20190530_14-28-08.png

CannibalChow_WarThunder_20190530_14-28-39.png

CannibalChow_WarThunder_20190530_14-29-23.png

CannibalChow_WarThunder_20190530_14-29-49.png

I hope all that can be the default cause the default controls are terrible right now. Thank you for taking the time to read through the setup.

• 1 month later...

Hi people! 1st time on the forums!

While the custom controls are great. I really wish the controls were more like either WoT or BF with tanks. Aircraft are fine as it was pretty much copy and paste from Birds of Steel which is nice. as for helis. haven't really tried but thought they were copy and paste from Apache Air assault or something.

• Like 1

On 26/10/2018 at 19:00, Guest myanime002 said:

I'm having an extremely troublesome time attempting to outline everything. I've needed to result in utilizing a console for half of my dungeon seeker mappings for tanks. It's significantly harder for flying machine. In spite of the fact that utilizing a controller for flying machine is suicide when playing against PC players or PS4 players with a mouse and console. Ideally, Microsoft will issue back pains mouse and console bolster soon.

Since Apps and games are able to save files on the XBOX ONE wouldn't it be nice to have the possibility to export and import various control mappings for better convenience?

On 27/07/2019 at 00:21, USSWISCONSIN94 said:

as for helis. haven't really tried but thought they were copy and paste from Apache Air assault or something.

I cannot fly helis with pointer aim and I have a HOTAS so I just fly with realistic settings and all manual controls. Works okay, there is an advantage still with mouse pointer aim when engaging other birds but I prefer having direct control when it comes to helos.

• 1 year later...

Relatively new to War Thunder here, and have been enjoying my time with the game so far.  I'm an original Beta tester for World of Tanks on consoles, so starting up War Thunder has been a very different experience - but a good one.  The increased complexity in the control setups over WoT hasn't been an issue so far as I've been grinding low-rank tanks and aircraft that don't require a lot of active controls.  But as I get farther down the trees, I'm starting to run into vehicles that have a lot more systems, and multiple active weapons.  So now I'm looking for good controller setups for both ground and air vehicles.

A bit about what makes my setup "unique:"  I'm using a standard XBox controller for most of the basic and frequent gameplay controls, however I also have the chatpad keyboard attached to the controller.  This basically gives me access to a full multi-function keyboard right on the controller at thumbs' reach.

Of course, since I don't yet have access to more advanced vehicles, I don't know what half of the controls in the menu actually do, or how important they are to have "handy" on the controller versus on the keyboard.  There's a lot I don't like about the default controls, and I am having particular issue with controlling multiple weapons types on a vehicle accurately.  For instance, having two different main guns on a tank... or large caliber cannons vs machine guns on a plane... or rockets and bombs on the same loadout, etc.  I had thought it would be possible to set the triggers to fire different combos of weapons at different length of pull (for instance machine guns with short pull, main gun/cannons with full pull, etc) but this doesn't seem possible, at least on tanks.

Given my controller setup and needs, can anyone offer some good controls recommendations?

medal