Update 12.07.2018 (1.79.1.136)

Spitfire%201_2_968_75804b5262b097b7bf836

The setting of what types of camouflage (fictional, unhistorical or historical) a player sees on other player vehicles in a battle has now been expanded to include decals. (Options → Vehicles customization → Show content in the battle).

The current provided changelog reflects the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates, additions and fixes may not be listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving and specific fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, s_39 said:

this is nice

but what is the point of buying content to stick on my vehicle if people can just turn it off anyway?

I'm not saying to remove the feature. The feature should be integrated a bit better, such as removing decals in Replay mode instead of actual game-play.

Although, I can see the feature being used in Simulator mode, but yet again, some decals are unique in a way to detail a other's player tank if it's a Double edge blade tank such as Captured T34s and "Borrowed" US tanks in the Japan line. {I can sense the opinions coming from that already}

In truth, only a small amount of decals are "not real' in a way, so the feature in place sight would just be removing a small amount of decals, still being useless in a way. On top of that, how would you tell apart the US and JP Sherman from a distance if some markings are missing, knowing most players in sim, they decor their tank in a way to tell their teams if they are allied with them. Such as that Small Japan Flag player's use on the back of their tank.

May seem like rumbles now, I don't see this feature being highly used at all. 

Edited by blackheart1996

This is great Gaijin! I'm so happy that you guys pay attention to the minority of players who love the game for the asymmetrical and historical aspect!

27 minutes ago, blackheart1996 said:

May seem like rumbles now, I don't see this feature being highly used at all. 

I know, but that's not the point!

And perhaps Gaijin is thinking about introducing more non-historical decals? I'm currently using the "Veteran" and "Gladiator tournament" decals which will be invisible to some players.

Edited by Nox95
reaction to blackheart1996
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

This is a good change. Thank you. 

What about historical but oversized decals? Will they still be visible?

And more importantly decorations like:

Witches hats

Halloween pumpkins 

Medieval shields 

Players should have the option not to see these too.

• Upvote 1
medal

Can i have a "Baby on Board" decal?

Also, i am surprised that this was important enough to get a patch of its own - ok, for me its just 10 minutes to download and install the patch, but still :)

• Haha 1
medal

Would it be possible to separate the vehicle modification setting to three categories for skins, decals, and decorations?

There are a lot of decals that are tagged as "fictional", while still being made in a style that "fits" in WW2 or Cold War aesthetics, or can be used to create graphic designs as personalized markings. I personally don't really mind "unrealistic" decals, especially as several of them are various kinds of rewards and I have nothing against people wanting to for example use things like the animal nose arts from Chronicles events, or the Fallout Pilot Boy decal, or some of the pin-ups or the "Red Banner of Victory" decal in the "Special" section. In fact I prefer to see decals that people want to use.

On the other hand, I would prefer not to see brightly coloured party hats on tanks... but currently, I can only select a mode that affects all customizations. In my case, I would like a way to use "semi-historical" setting for skins and decorations, while allowing "all" decals to be shown.

• Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I get the idea and agree that there should be such filters, but I feel like you guys have taken too much of a shortcut categorizing decals. Nvidia, Razer, football etc. decals should be categorized as fictional alright, but why are decals like:

-Country pinup girls from SUMMER event,

-Vehicle pre-order decals like "British Bulldog, Tengu Mask, Battering Ram"

-Believeable decals like this

not being categorized under semi-historical but fictional? These seem to be fulfilling your categorization requirements:

• Historical - recreated on the basis of photographic evidence of real existing camouflages.
  • Semi-historical - vehicle camouflages which could have existed at the time.
  • Any - including a fictional camouflage style.

As someone who values decals quite a lot, I'd like to see some of these decals being semi-historical and not fictional.

Or, an even better idea could be to replace the catergorization system with a "blacklist" system which applies to camos, decorators and decals so everyone can sort things out the way they exactly like. (Historical camos cannot be blacklisted).

• Like 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

i enjoy the creativity of the community, seeing what they do with their decals and such, i also use it to help identify captured tanks in sim, sometimes shading and stuff can throw you off in a tight spot, then theres the fact that i decorate my captured tanks to be better identified by my team...i also liek to have fun with my decorations and decals and stuff showing off a bit of creativity...tbh i see this as an un-needed feature much like making decals for the m46 tiger permanent...i still have not touched that tank since the addition of that "feature" but thats a topic for another day..as far as this goes, i enjoy seeing creativity, ill be leaving my settings to any..show off your creativity guys, in real life tankers often decorated their tanks and planes

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 12/07/2018 at 05:12, s_39 said:

this is nice

but what is the point of buying content to stick on my vehicle if people can just turn it off anyway?

Camos/decals are more for your enjoyment anyways. Most of them can’t be seen anyways, once you are a bit away from someone. Especially in planes. 

medal medal