Best answer

13 hours ago, ThatRubberDuck said:

I wasn't in a squad and have the option to put me in a squad automatically turned off, and every few games there's always some fool with a kinect or a really sensitive mic that isn't muted, I tried disabling the radio of each player (individually I might add what a ballache that was) didn't work, so had to endure the tinny sounds  of horrible TV, Ive also listened to one person eat what assume was some crunchy cereal, another shout at his kids at the top of his voice and so forth...

Please for the love of God can someone inform me how to mute people

You have to turn it off in Xbox settings, not in the game. Set the voice-chat settings to Friends only. 

I wasn't in a squad and have the option to put me in a squad automatically turned off, and every few games there's always some fool with a kinect or a really sensitive mic that isn't muted, I tried disabling the radio of each player (individually I might add what a ballache that was) didn't work, so had to endure the tinny sounds  of horrible TV, Ive also listened to one person eat what assume was some crunchy cereal, another shout at his kids at the top of his voice and so forth...

Turn voice chat off in controlls works for me.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

in your options there should be a section for voice chat, I had a similar issue back when i played on ps4. You can disable it and you wont be able to hear anyone, until you change otherwise. If I remember right you also can set it so it works only with people in your squad with you or in your squadron

medal medal medal medal medal medal

Having to mute everyone for one player being the issue seems a bit extreme. Surely there should be an option for individual mute?

• Upvote 2

Perhaps so - but that's what there is - make a suggestion in the appropriate forum by all means.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

This applies to PC, so not sure if you can do this on XBOX...

Bring up the players list

Select the player you want to mute

An option box will appear with Complain/Report/Mute/etc

Profit.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

13 hours ago, ThatRubberDuck said:

You have to turn it off in Xbox settings, not in the game. Set the voice-chat settings to Friends only. 

9 hours ago, RadBaron said:

Profit.

I'm on xbox and can confirm this works. It's not fast, but you will get that squeaker/music guy/barking dogs guy muted 

1 hour ago, flatslide said:

I'm on xbox and can confirm this works. It's not fast, but you will get that squeaker/music guy/barking dogs guy muted 

Or set it to Friends only in Xbox settings. By default, voice chat works for all of your team.

42 minutes ago, elCHINOCUDEIRO said:

Simple:

Create a xbox live group. Now you won´t listen noone except you and your eventually friends of your party :dntknw:

Nice one! This is the easiest workaround at the moment, it's not worth it to start hassle every time playing with Xbox settings while you may need voices with non-friends on some other game like Darwin Project next moment...

But in long run being able to mute the one making voice, while still being able to talk to another stranger who is not making noise but talking tactics should definitely be possible. Like it is in all team based multiplayer PvP games that can be taken seriously.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 04:20, RadBaron said:

Profit.

The problem is ... you can't imagine WHO to mute ... so you have to do it on trial-and-error ... not really cool if you keep in mind that the battle is running and your controlls over the airplane/tank/ship is still in charge while you turn your sticks to navigate through the playeroverview ... that behave (of not turning off the microphone while not saying anything usefull) allready crashed some of my planes into the ground/mountains and other (at worst allied) planes ... 

The easiest solution would be if there would be a little symbol next to the player who is actually talking.

Works well at World of Ta... a other game where you can drive tanks ... and where you want to mute a lot of players.

• Upvote 1

On 11/08/2018 at 19:35, o_0kay said:

The problem is ... you can't imagine WHO to mute ... so you have to do it on trial-and-error ... not really cool if you keep in mind that the battle is running and your controlls over the airplane/tank/ship is still in charge while you turn your sticks to navigate through the playeroverview ... that behave (of not turning off the microphone while not saying anything usefull) allready crashed some of my planes into the ground/mountains and other (at worst allied) planes ... 

The easiest solution would be if there would be a little symbol next to the player who is actually talking.

Works well at World of Ta... a other game where you can drive tanks ... and where you want to mute a lot of players.

THIS for me.

On 12/07/2018 at 12:39, gromvoiny said:

If you turn off with this settings than you cannot even read chat messagess... due to privacy settings...

• 1 year later...

im a little confused with this thread so ill ask another way..how do I shut off the volume for noises coming in over someones microphone..i dont want to listen to someone playing music or who's baby is crying in the background but i STILL want to hear the in game sounds like " pay attention to the designated grid zone " ( i know people spam some of the other ones but i find that particular one very helpful ). If its an xbox thing ..where in the xbox settings is this?

• 1 year later...
8 hours ago, [email protected] said:

So there is no any default value in options for turning off someones microfon...? I should always start a private chat every time I log in warthunder or what?

There is no internal voice chat in Xbox version, the game is using a console one. So anything you set up on system level will be picked up by the game. 

• Like 1