Does anyone know how to send a message to players in the chat box like in PS and PC? would be nice to chat while player, I do use the xbox app on phone so I know it wouldn't take long to chat either, just dont want to use mic as alot of players dont seem to chat on this game i noticed as they either use TeamSpeak or something else on PC.

5 hours ago, cemtexx said:

Does anyone know how to send a message to players in the chat box like in PS and PC? would be nice to chat while player, I do use the xbox app on phone so I know it wouldn't take long to chat either, just dont want to use mic as alot of players dont seem to chat on this game i noticed as they either use TeamSpeak or something else on PC.

Curious too that how to get to input mode to text chat and change the target group, would be helpful sometimes. Is there a bug blocking this feature on Xbox One atm?

And btw. when we figure out how the input mode gets enabled then writing isn't a problem while USB keyboards already work with Xbox One.

13 hours ago, Slider_HarDCorE said:

It makes perfect sense, wasn't it ?!  :)

You cannot telepathically control your vehicle, so you need hands for that, while your mouth is free to speak at any time.

Most players on your team are PC players so voice chat is almost useless for communication.

32 minutes ago, killshot9808 said:

Most players on your team are PC players so voice chat is almost useless for communication.

Voice chat works only in squads and you can’t form them with PC players anyway. 

• Haha 1

I dunno know where this voice chat discussion came from while it's off-topic on this thread. The original poster was talking about text chat box.

Anyone know if this feature is actually working on Xbox One atm? I haven't got it working so far, is there a bug blocking this feature on Xbox One?

55 minutes ago, GimbleFIN_ said:

I dunno know where this voice chat discussion came from while it's off-topic on this thread. The original poster was talking about text chat box.

Anyone know if this feature is actually working on Xbox One atm? I haven't got it working so far, is there a bug blocking this feature on Xbox One?

Yes, there is a text chat. To type something, you have to highlight the entry field and use LT, it will open the on-screen keyboard.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, gromvoiny said:

This includes randomly matched squad players, yes? Because i've definitely heard open voice chat while playing with other players on my own in RB Ground.

6 minutes ago, *Spooky__Carnage said:

This includes randomly matched squad players, yes? Because i've definitely heard open voice chat while playing with other players on my own in RB Ground.

Yes.

22 hours ago, gromvoiny said:

How about when your in a game (Not selecting a vehicle) but in a game and want to send a message? there's no option to open the chat box to type

On 28/06/2018 at 11:44, gromvoiny said:

Yes, there is a text chat. To type something, you have to highlight the entry field and use LT, it will open the on-screen keyboard.

How do you choose who you chat to Team/Squad/All?

• 4 months later...
Guest bobmaster100

this is how 1st. you go to controls then go to common and if you scroll down a little you should see general team and squad chat whatever one you wanna use assign a button i used left d-pad and that's how

• 2 years later...

That doesn't explain if you can or can't use the chat text option during gameplay! That is setting up instant pre installed messages assigned to different button configurations! The original question relates to how do you bring up the key board to type not preset message squad or team members during gameplay on xbox series s? Anybody? No diversion answers just what the question is requesting please? Thanks ☺️

On 28/06/2018 at 00:54, gromvoiny said:

incredible it is so difficult to insert this function that Fortinite can talk to users, xbox, ps4, switch and pc ....
medal medal medal medal medal medal