Hussar91

Gaijin, why do you hate the British?

3 hours ago, DSE76 said:

Since it's about medium tanks and how gaijin hate british tanks ...
181229061747720278.jpg

181229061747544868.jpg

Can someone explain this ?

The lack of filler? Most British tanks using the 75mm which were issued those rounds replaced the filler with cement to reduce shattering. I guess it might have improved the pen slightly as well if that's what you were getting at.

medal medal medal

On 26/06/2018 at 17:47, Hussar91 said:

Hi Gaijin, Wiggo here popping in to see if I can extrapolate some answers from you this time (seeing as I'm usually chinned off when I post) but I've just got to know, what it is exactly that you have against the United Kingdom. Now, I know you've looked into tanks before modelling and introducing them to us because you tend to do a little backstory when you're hyping up your new additions but clearly you and I studied alternate history. We'll take the Centurion for instance. The Centurion saw extensive service in the Arab- Israeli wars and had absolutely no problem with dispatching T-54s and T-55s and even T-62s, though that the latter and the subsequent development of the T-64 saw the British design, develop, produce and field the Chieftain. So if one of your team could hop on here and explain to me why the L7 105mm as seen on the Centurion Mk10 struggles and mostly fails to have an effect on the likes of the T-54 series from the front at any range, I'd be most grateful. I appreciate you're a Russian company, I appreciate you may well have an affection for the contraptions designed by the USSR and that's understandable, to be honest, they're amongst my favourite AFVs too, however, I feel it's unreasonable to have a game which pushes historical accuracy and attention to detail and then disregards real-world performance that's well documented.  

Solid shot rounds and Sub-Calibre rounds are deadly, that's why they're used. HESH too is a deadly projectile when used against RHA (also against structures but we'll focus on armour) and that's why it's used to this day (though that's not to suggest that it is necessarily useful against modern MBTs with composite armour matrixes, because it's not, though would still cause enough damage to achieve M-kills). However, in the game what we see is APDS and HESH massively underperforming which is fine when you've got tanks that have access to other munitions, but we all know that it's not an option for the British because we stuck to what we knew and what had worked for us. There is little more frustrating, with regards to this game, than experiences like I've had today on Sim whereby I have come face to face with T-54s at ranges of between 600m and 20m in a Centurion Mk10 (a tank that, as previously mentioned has dispatched many T-54s and their unfortunate crews in the past) and to get the drop on them, only to see an APDS non-pen the UFP or a HESH get eaten, something that doesn't happen in reality. 

I see similar things particularly with the Chieftains Mk3 and Mk5 as well as other platforms armed with the L7. Ironically, the Cent Mk 3 seems to find it easier to deal with the threats it was designed to counter than it's successor variant which is nothing short of ludicrous, L7 armed Centurions, saw widespread service into the 80s and limited service past that time which wouldn't have been the case had they been as impotent as War Thunder would suggest. 

The issues highlighted are not isolated to the listed platforms, only those platforms are the ones I have used recently which show these patterns of behaviour, or should I say misbehaviour. This post isn't the only one on the forums that is pointing these issues out and really after a handful of patches, it is time for you to screw the proverbial nut and deal with an issue which is one of a few that inhibits an otherwise excellent game. 

Thanks, 
             Wiggo out.

Because you aren't Russian, lol

34 minutes ago, HammyTheHamster1 said:

The lack of filler? Most British tanks using the 75mm which were issued those rounds replaced the filler with cement to reduce shattering. I guess it might have improved the pen slightly as well if that's what you were getting at.

wtf does cement have to do with anything? this is a video game not real life there is no cement fillers in this game.

• Confused 2
medal medal

13 minutes ago, sartt said:

wtf does cement have to do with anything? this is a video game not real life there is no cement fillers in this game.

There actually might be. A cement filler boils down to the weight of the shell. So those fillers may actually be (half) included in the statistics of the shell. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 27/06/2018 at 01:20, Althix said:

54-47, 54-49, IS-4 and 268 spam

Only one tiny thing!

268 has a rather large completely flat 182mm thick plate in front, easy to see, easy to hit, almost everything can penetrate that part of the armour, shoot there.

Theres a garantee that you will kill gunner and maybe even ohk the tank because there is ammo behind him. :)

hope this get fixed soon... i will soon have the mk10 :)

Edited by Turra
  • Confused 1
medal

18 hours ago, sartt said:

What was your point? That values (penetration, armour, speed.. .etc) must not reflect the real life and should be all completely artificial for the game purpose? In that case... interesting. I would add that the 65g explosive filler more than compensate for the few mm of penetration (in WT world anyway).

Otherwise, this is mentioned to be a really common practice, I even read (in Cromwelly československé armády) that this 75mm ammo made in UK were without the filler from the factory. Just with a steel plug that contain tracer. And that the the tank were supplied by both types (US and UK). Something like this:

i-3nlThfOifyK3dmeyfsMWxAUQy0SGZirxptc3AS

However in Cromwell versus Jagdpanzer IV it is swritten that some crews removed the base section to increase stability and prevent premature detonation in cost of armour penetration... which confuses me a bit. It is clearly about the US M61 and removing the explosives, but it is the first time I read it increase stability and decrease penetration... while I suppose it is the other way around.

Edited by Fliegel
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

On 21/02/2019 at 04:34, Arklight said:

Hesh is definitely not performing to its capabilities, when hesh was first introduced it did.

• Upvote 1
medal medal

We dont is the short answer ;)

And I can confirm this as I am British and have been working (along with many others within the team) to develop the British tree since ive been here by collecting whatever I can from museums, books archives and just about every other medium. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Smin1080p said:

And I can confirm this as I am British and have been working (along with many others within the team) to develop the British tree since ive been here by collecting whatever I can from museums, books archives and just about every other medium. 

Not to disagree old chap but the recent state of things seem state other wise. Especially with some of the things in the most recent patch. Britain still has a very sub par jet as the top of the line yet Japan is getting a jet based of a Anglo-French desgine that vastly outperforms the Javelin. None of our top tier armour can really be considered "competitive" or "meta" and then there's the German premium sea hawk which apart from the tail and AAM is nigh on identical to our hawk but won't have to fight the Germans (it's the captured Churchill all over again) it's just not particularly encouraging.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal medal

On 28/02/2019 at 21:49, Smin1080p said:

Like @TerikG2014 stated, the "competitiveness" is kind of lackluster. What also gives fans of the tree the feeling of it being rather neglected than taken care of, is the amount of little things they reported but never saw a fix for. There is visual issues, model issues, etc. and they all vanished in a dark cloud of the unknown. That's why so many have the feeling that the development team is not working on such fixes at all and that they will have to wait for years to finally see a fix which makes their favourite machine "more authentic". 

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 28/02/2019 at 20:49, Smin1080p said:

Really?

So you'd know that the Cromwell turret front is 3" thick. How long ago was this reported, fixed then nerfed?

You'd know that the Crusader had 14mm applique over its 20mm basic armour, and had double thickness sides. Well known but not implemented.

How about the Crusader AA being the same battle rating as the WirbelWind? It has worse armour, worse mobility, less ammo, lower rate of fire and lower pen but it has the same BR!

It is very obvious that Gaijin has its favorites whilst the purpose of others is simply to be ridiculed for the sake of what?

Warthunder would be in a very precarious situation if a rival game were to come along, simply because of the lack of balance between nations. There are two many frustrations and artificial handicaps if you don't play the big two.

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal

Have to say (my opinion) this is the single most boring patch ever in memory of war thunder for all nations.  radar, so what really, at this point it in the most part only effects top tier and even then looks good and does very little to change the game experience. new vehicles, if your not grinding the very top tier ion every tree you just got nothing this patch.

I am looking to be more inspired to play but i just dont know what to be excited for... anyone able to inspire me?

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Sea Hawk is already undergoing research. Fine with me. Will keep me busy for a while in the british sector.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 28/02/2019 at 21:49, Smin1080p said:

Well this update was looking promising for the british, especially L7 users, but as usual it was for nothing. 105mm APDS on test server was something like 142mm pen at 60° at 100m and something like 367mm at 90°, but on live server, it was nerfed to 115mm from 122mm, while keeping the 302 at 90. There is almost 0 reasons now to take a BR uptier in 9 out of 10 battles using Centurion mk10 and Vickers over Centurion mk3 and Caernarvon, since 20pdr got 108mm at 60.

If this is not hate, i dont know what it is.

• Upvote 5

Meanwhile at the popular Tank RB Tier VI / VII -

Challenger users at 9.7 now get to sit just 0.3 of a BR under the latest greatest present day MBTs. The thing which enabled you to win at least some or half your matches - US air power - is or soon will be nullified with Tunguskas and Otomatic is now able to hit out reliably to 7+ km  whilst the only thing the US/UK has to reach out to that range and try to kill the invisible Bo-105s, Alouettes and Hinds will be the Sgt York - the UK limited to a 4km extreme range with the Marksman.  And now try taking a 10K SL Vampire to clean the skies - you'll be able to measure your life expectancy in ms

Any chance of a US/UK SACLOS SAM for balance? That tumbleweed I hear blowing?  

Oh yeah and note - we get a Sea Hawk at BR7.7 - Yay.  The Germans get a Sea Hawk with Sidewinders at the same BR :008:

Edited by Stathem
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal

Right now with the current state of affairs and with no sign of change on the horizon (we still don't have an LT line and have had no confirmation that we'll ever get one and our current to tier tanks and jets are hardly what one can call compaetative) it's rather hard to say that Gaijen are playing cricket here.

• Upvote 1

I have never commented on this forum until now.

As a British main, I can say with this patch, apds is now extremely lethal.

If you hit center mass closer to the driver side on Panthers and King Tigers, you will absolutely gut them.

You can pen the UFP of King Tiger with 20 pounder and L7 105 right now.

Instead of complaining(we are not Germans) give it a shot. You will be surprised.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Stathem said:

Oh yeah and note - we get a Sea Hawk at BR7.7 - Yay.  The Germans get a Sea Hawk with Sidewinders at the same BR :008:

And how many planes does Germany have to go with this 'lineup'? The new British 7.7 fits the RAF quite well. I am 120.000 RP down. Hopefully, they fix the wrong research price in time.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

15 minutes ago, *Quasar023 said:

If you hit center mass closer to the driver side on Panthers and King Tigers, you will absolutely gut them.

Instead of complaining(we are not Germans) give it a shot. You will be surprised.

Never had a problem doing either of those before the patch. 

• Sad 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, *Quasar023 said:

There are other issues aside from this.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, *Quasar023 said:

I played one game after my last comment. I caught a JagdPanther unawares through a window in a building in my Caernarvon. The first 20 pdr bounced off his glacis. My second went through and killed his driver, gunner and commander. My third went through and mangled the bodies. I thought he must have replaced crew by now but my fourth went through and just mangled the bodies further. As I waited for the reload he one shot killed me through my turret front, less than a second after my fourth round went through his tank. I really can't be bothered anymore. This game is just a German / Soviet circle jerk!

• Upvote 7
medal medal medal

6 hours ago, LionTrack said:

This game is just a German / Soviet circle jerk!

Got that right.

On 28/02/2019 at 20:49, Smin1080p said:

The evidence simply proves you wrong. Cromwell armour? Reported YEARS ago and not only has it not been fixed, they made it worse. That's a deliberate change and solid evidence that Gaijin dislikes the British. To say otherwise is to mislead yourself and others. Stock accuracy on the 2 Pounder, and its pen are unrealistically poor. To start from scratch, and have the ability to change whatever you like whenever you like and to either ignore the problem or work to make it worse is yet more evidence. 

I think you need to wake up and smell the earl grey. 

• Upvote 6

ah Remember when the cromwell was fixed think it lasted a week before a source was posted on the russian forum (the same source used to buff it i believe) claiming it was less.

interesting how it was just enough armour to make the Russian 76 struggle..

Britain really needs some new toys particularly in the air having only one sub par subsonic ATGM armed jet is really disheartening and some new mid tier AA would be nice..

• Upvote 4
medal medal

Been playing Brit rank three arcade tanks tonight,damned painful yo say the least....

every incoming shot Is a one shot kill, ffs this is NO fun at all..

• Like 1
medal medal medal

Smin, if Gaijin doesn't hate the British, and you are here taking suggestions to make things better, your absence from this thread is disappointing, considering your last post here was February, but you have been active in the forums as recently as yesterday. Why are you not helping to get the Cromwell's armour correctly modelled? 

• Upvote 1