Q: When will War Thunder be available on Xbox One?
A: The game is available for free to all players with active Xbox Live Gold subscription.

Q: What exclusive content is included with the  Xbox One version of War Thunder?
A: The following exclusive vehicle packs are available in Xbox Store:

• F4U-4B Corsair fighter aircraft of Marine Fighting Squadron 214
  • XM-1 Chrysler tank
  • M5A1 tank of 5th Canadian Armored division

Q: How does War Thunder on Xbox One differ from versions on other platforms?
A: War Thunder is the same on all platforms, includes the same features, and uses the same server. However, cross-network restrictions do apply.

Q: Can Xbox One users play together with users from other platforms?
A: Xbox One users can choose whether they want to enable cross-network play. If they allow it, they can play together with PC, Linux, and Mac users. If they don’t, they can only play with other Xbox One users. Players may choose to change this at any time before entering battle. You can add friends from other platforms, and play in squad with them.

Q: Are there any restrictions for cross-network play on Xbox One?
A: For Xbox One users who don’t enable cross-network play in Xbox Live privacy settings, only Air and Ground Arcade game modes are available. 

Q: Is it possible to use an existing War Thunder account when playing the Xbox One version?
A: No, Xbox One players will need to create a new War Thunder account. No transfer of progress or purchases from existing accounts on other platforms is possible. But you can link Xbox account to email and login into PC version whilst retaining your progress and purchases. See more details here.

Q: Is Xbox Live Gold required to play the game?
A: Yes, War Thunder requires an active Xbox Live Gold subscription. 

Q: Is War Thunder Xbox One X enhanced?
A: Yes, War Thunder is enhanced for Xbox One X with 4K resolution support, as well as enhanced lighting and shadows.

Q. Will there be Xbox achievements?
Yes, of course.

Q. Does Kinect have any integration with War Thunder? Such as voice commands or movement control/tracking? 
No. We do not plan Kinect support. 

Q. Can we play with mouse, keyboard, joystick and other peripherals on Xbox ?
Mouse and keyboard arge supported, as well as Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas One joystick. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, SirCharlesV said:

I've read the Xbox One X can play a 4K @ 30 PFS. But if i have a FullHD monitor? I can do 1080p @ 60 FPS?

No, but the graphics will be better than on regular console due to super-sampling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello, two questions. 1) Does the Xbox One version have video replay that can be saved onto the consoles hard drive as it is in the Xbox 360 version of Birds of Steel, and if so how do you access or find the replay menu. 2) How do you link your Xbox profile here at the War Thunder forum so your Xbox game stats (Battles counts) are shown. Thank you. (side note I use to be the moderator on Gaijin's Birds of Steel forum with limited functions)

Edited by SGT_Quinn_NSU13
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Arch3rAc3 said:

So it's possible to make an account on PS4 and then use it on PC but you can't have created an account on PC and then use it on Xbox?
That sounds at least odd.

You can’t use PC account on PS4 either, so nothing odd here. 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, *KUDO3104 said:

Where is the language setting?

I can not find it in the option.

The game uses your console setting, if this language is supported at all. If not, it starts in English. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gromvoiny said:

The game uses your console setting, if this language is supported at all. If not, it starts in English. 

I am changing the country to play every week, but I also want to match the language(Like a Role Play?)

From now on, I am praying for a patch that will allow you to change settings from options!! (Russian, Japanese, Italian, French, German)

1 hour ago, *KUDO3104 said:

I am changing the country to play every week, but I also want to match the language(Like a Role Play?)

From now on, I am praying for a patch that will allow you to change settings from options!! (Russian, Japanese, Italian, French, German)

Do you mean crew voiceover? You can chose it in game settings (Sound section) whether you want to use nation-specific voices.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, gromvoiny said:

Do you mean crew voiceover? You can chose it in game settings (Sound section) whether you want to use nation-specific voices.

crew voice?No, it is text.

I changed it at any time in the PC version, so I want to be able to do Xbox version as well. Since it is text, the amount of data is not that large;)

8 hours ago, *KUDO3104 said:

crew voice?No, it is text.

I changed it at any time in the PC version, so I want to be able to do Xbox version as well. Since it is text, the amount of data is not that large;)

Then the only way is to change your console language first and then launch the game.

1 hour ago, gromvoiny said:

Then the only way is to change your console language first and then launch the game.

Portuguese not included :(

Just now, JamP said:

Portuguese not included :(

It's not 100% done yet, some parts of the game are still in English. 

On 20/09/2018 at 17:14, gromvoiny said:

I changed the language to Japanese and reinstalled it, but it was in English. Since I love Zero Fighter, I want to change UI to Japanese when I play in Japanese Army. Like PC version, I want you to be able to easily change from setting at any time.:004_2:

2 minutes ago, *KUDO3104 said:

I changed the language to Japanese and reinstalled it, but it was in English. Since I love Zero Fighter, I want to change UI to Japanese when I play in Japanese Army. Like PC version, I want you to be able to easily change from setting at any time.:004_2:

There’s no Japanese localization in Xbox version since the game is not released in Japan for XBO. 

6 minutes ago, gromvoiny said:

There’s no Japanese localization in Xbox version since the game is not released in Japan for XBO. 

I am sad that I can not choose the language of the country that I can select in the game.

I want you to support Japanese even if it is not released in Japan.

Please include the language of the playable country in the game. thx

10 hours ago, SBGxFrostbite said:

Are we able to use the gaijin market or is it PC only?

Market is not available on consoles. 

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so this has been driving me nuts and I cannot find an answer anywhere. So I’m playing the naval side of things on Xbox one.  I noticed the other day that my repairs, fire extinguisher, and breach repair boxes all had a letter A in the upper right corner of them. In battle I noticed it was automatically putting out fires, repairing breeches, etc. which okay, makes sense.  Now though, only my fire extinguisher is automatic. Everything else is the awful awful awful manual repair. So my question is, how did my repair stuff become automatic? How and why did a couple go back to manual? What do I have to do to have this automatic stuff again? Any help is greatly appreciated because honestly, with the way the manual repairing of things is set up, it’s going to turn me away from the game.

Edited by SrPsychofreak
wrote what game system I use

On 03/10/2018 at 02:41, SrPsychofreak said:

Okay so this has been driving me nuts and I cannot find an answer anywhere. So I’m playing the naval side of things on Xbox one.  I noticed the other day that my repairs, fire extinguisher, and breach repair boxes all had a letter A in the upper right corner of them. In battle I noticed it was automatically putting out fires, repairing breeches, etc. which okay, makes sense.  Now though, only my fire extinguisher is automatic. Everything else is the awful awful awful manual repair. So my question is, how did my repair stuff become automatic? How and why did a couple go back to manual? What do I have to do to have this automatic stuff again? Any help is greatly appreciated because honestly, with the way the manual repairing of things is set up, it’s going to turn me away from the game.

To enable automatic mode, press corresponding button while it's not in active use. 

• Like 1

On Xbox is there a way to adjust the safe area ? The hud is not on the edges and more in the middle of the screen because of 1:1. So is there an option ? 

3 minutes ago, *Gwaka said:

On Xbox is there a way to adjust the safe area ? The hud is not on the edges and more in the middle of the screen because of 1:1. So is there an option ? 

Did you try your TV settings?

I find it disappointing that I can’t use my PC account on my Xbox. I know that I can “just go back to pc” but I waited so long for WT to become free on Xbox and now I have to make another account. It’s  Not fair guys, it really isn’t. If you give people the ability to use their pc account. I bet that so many people would be satisfied and servers would fill up quickly because they can use all their vehicles. 

(I also understand I can crossplatform with Xbox on pc but that’s beside the point. I wanna use my 150mm derp tank to 3 shot an abrams on console.. sounds so cool right? Yeah!!)

• gromvoiny changed the title to Xbox One FAQ