Gryan93

How can I enable mouse and keyboard?

Best answer

So to further clarify - Minecraft is not a pure Xbox One game. It's UWP - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Windows_Platform
Another example of a game like this - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/fallout-shelter/9nblggh556n4
They are available on both Windows and Xbox store, and they have different technical requirements and restrictions than pure Xbox One games like ours, and that includes K&M support. If Microsoft will change their mind in the future, we will enable this for War Thunder on XBO of course. 

I know it's possible on Ps4. I really don't want to play this game with a controller.  Weirdly enough the game recognizes keyboard inputs but nothing from my mouse. 

10 hours ago, Gryan93 said:

I know it's possible on Ps4. I really don't want to play this game with a controller.  Weirdly enough the game recognizes keyboard inputs but nothing from my mouse. 

You can not. It is stated in the FAQ.

Q. Can we play with mouse, keyboard, joystick and other peripherals on Xbox ?

No. Xbox One currently does not officially support mouse and keyboard.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

8 minutes ago, *jermster18 said:

Thanks doe the reply. But what is stated in the FAQ is simply not true. There are already some games that have mouse and keyboard support on xbox. 

19 minutes ago, Frimbo said:

I see... Weird.

This is what Smin1080P had to say about the Mouse and Keyboard for Xbox.

Xbox itself does not support mouse and keyboard. This is not something we can change. Most Xbox players are already aware of this, however for those that were not, we also included this in our Xbox FAQ today on launch, so there really should have been no confusion with this. 

•  

He added this as well.

Xbox players also have the option to play only with other Xbox players, if they so wish so everyone is on equal terms. 

If Xbox doesn't support Mouse and keyboard please tell me why anyone can hook up a mouse and keyboard to their Xbox and play Minecraft with no problems at all? 

2 hours ago, Gryan93 said:

If Xbox doesn't support Mouse and keyboard please tell me why anyone can hook up a mouse and keyboard to their Xbox and play Minecraft with no problems at all? 

Because Minecraft is a first party Microsoft studios developed game that also features the Xbox Play anywhere feature on Windows 10 PCs.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Gryan93 said:

How can I enable mouse and keyboard?

Easy, buy a PC.

• Haha 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

22 minutes ago, Turboclicker said:

Yeah I have hundreds of dollars floating around too

In that case sell your Xbox or trade it in for a PS4!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, *jermster18 said:

In that case sell your Xbox or trade it in for a PS4!

WT isn't important enough for a trade in of any sort

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Well I traded in playing WoT for playing WT  that seemed worth it .

Ps , hi turbo.

Edited by freakyparsley
  • Haha 1
medal

4 hours ago, Turboclicker said:

WT isn't important enough for a trade in of any sort

It is if you were playing it on a proper system, Save some pennies, I have friends who were playing this we much better graphics on nothing more than a $40 core2quad dell from a library and a 750ti ($60).. hell.. upgrade the psu for $60 and $200 -$250 for 980gtx and you have a decent war thunder rig even for having a 40 dollar dell heart beat. all less than a new xbox one X.. 

Ps. I have a project Scorpio, I just hope air battles look much better than ground forces on xbox.. otherwise.. just as money grab like ps4. 

medal medal

So to further clarify - Minecraft is not a pure Xbox One game. It's UWP - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Windows_Platform
Another example of a game like this - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/fallout-shelter/9nblggh556n4
They are available on both Windows and Xbox store, and they have different technical requirements and restrictions than pure Xbox One games like ours, and that includes K&M support. If Microsoft will change their mind in the future, we will enable this for War Thunder on XBO of course. 

• Upvote 1

On 19/06/2018 at 06:33, Gryan93 said:

Comment...i play on PS4 with controller. I KNOW i am at a disadvantage in some game modes and situations...I still have fun...and i dont want the hassle of having to play with M&K...hard to use when laying on a sofa...

IF you really want to play for top scores and stats, yes you need a M&K...

IF you want to play for fun...you really can with a controller...particularly in AB...and a good player can do good matches...

If (and when) game becomes free for XBox then it is easy to experiment...and check for yourself...(although i understand some players simply get annoyed when they know game isn't fair...i have that in part with ULQ)

I see no reason NOT TO PLAY with a controller...you would get an head start and experience...and eventually M&K will be available...only downside is you will probably get worse combat stats...

Mouse Aim was always odd to me...part of the game i guess...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, *GhostSoph said:

Comment...i play on PS4 with controller. I KNOW i am at a disadvantage in some game modes and situations...I still have fun...and i dont want the hassle of having to play with M&K...hard to use when laying on a sofa...

IF you really want to play for top scores and stats, yes you need a M&K...

IF you want to play for fun...you really can with a controller...particularly in AB...and a good player can do good matches...

If (and when) game becomes free for XBox then it is easy to experiment...and check for yourself...(although i understand some players simply get annoyed when they know game isn't fair...i have that in part with ULQ)

I see no reason NOT TO PLAY with a controller...you would get an head start and experience...and eventually M&K will be available...only downside is you will probably get worse combat stats...

Mouse Aim was always odd to me...part of the game i guess...

Agree with every thing you are saying Ghost. The only sad part about us getting WT on Xbox is the fact we can not roll over our accounts. I expected it when WT came to ps4, because Sony is Sony. Microsoft doing the same is a dig at our community. Xbox ones run a version of windows.. there is no reason not to allow pc accounts other than GREED. Same for Keyboard and Mouse support they as in Microsoft simply refuses to enable it. 

Microsoft did similar bs with the xbox 360 by not allowing the logitech g25 steering wheels. Logitech came out directly and said its Microsoft. Many of us figured out how to hack up Microsofts "official wheel" and mod our g25's. Their are still many clever ways around the K&M issue on Xbox. 

• Haha 1
medal medal

12 hours ago, Cleeko said:

Agree with every thing you are saying Ghost. The only sad part about us getting WT on Xbox is the fact we can not roll over our accounts. I expected it when WT came to ps4, because Sony is Sony. Microsoft doing the same is a dig at our community. Xbox ones run a version of windows.. there is no reason not to allow pc accounts other than GREED. Same for Keyboard and Mouse support they as in Microsoft simply refuses to enable it. 

Microsoft did similar bs with the xbox 360 by not allowing the logitech g25 steering wheels. Logitech came out directly and said its Microsoft. Many of us figured out how to hack up Microsofts "official wheel" and mod our g25's. Their are still many clever ways around the K&M issue on Xbox. 

Thats a different issue...dominant companies ALWAYS try to control access to accessories and upgrades so they get the big piece of the pie...

The customer is always the one that pays...

Sometimes they overdo it...and it backfires...

I am actually positively impressed by the PS4 enviroment...more because it is Sony and in the past they did many of the backfire mistakes...

I can play WT online without the premium PS4 service, i can use M&K...and in general Ps4 allows several external devices (External HDD, Importing content by USB)...

Not perfect i know...but it allows me to play WT 100% for free...

On 19/06/2018 at 06:33, Gryan93 said:

i know with the ps4 both the mouse have to be plugged in before you start war thunder. also the controller has to be on too. so maybe you could try it that way? 

6 hours ago, *awakeyautja said:

i know with the ps4 both the mouse have to be plugged in before you start war thunder. also the controller has to be on too. so maybe you could try it that way? 

Xbox One 100% does not allow MKB on WT

On 19/06/2018 at 23:34, Cleeko said:

It is if you were playing it on a proper system, Save some pennies, I have friends who were playing this we much better graphics on nothing more than a $40 core2quad dell from a library and a 750ti ($60).. hell.. upgrade the psu for $60 and $200 -$250 for 980gtx and you have a decent war thunder rig even for having a 40 dollar dell heart beat. all less than a new xbox one X.. 

Ps. I have a project Scorpio, I just hope air battles look much better than ground forces on xbox.. otherwise.. just as money grab like ps4. 

I play on PC already as you can see by my tag. I have a R5 1600 & GTX 1060 build right now. I'm just saying people won't make a huge change like that just for one game.

On 19/06/2018 at 16:41, *jermster18 said:

not officially? so what your saying is, it can be done but microsoft wont allow it? problem is your at a disadvantage to pc players before you even start. for example i can't keep enemy aircraft in sight at all times like i can on pc and ps4. 

As of 9 hours ago, Microsoft has announced a partnership with Razer to make a M+K for Xbox One. Just ride it out until then because Xbox has 100% announced M+K support in the future, and it will be gaming capable. Beyond that, you'll have to buy a wireless M+K (wired will NOT work) and then buy a XIM4 adaptor for $500. There are like...4 brands of M+K adaptors, but XIM4 is the only good one...and it isn't Plug and Play smart....you literally have to bind every key, set every slider level for sensitivity. Not worth it...too much money and work for 1 game. 

Hopefully, they will allow Xbox email binding like PS4. PS4 players can bind their PS4 email to Gaijin and they log into a PC with their PS4 credentials. They then get access to all their PS4 content purchased. Super unfair if we don't get that. 

Edited by MADPandaGaming

17 hours ago, *awakeyautja said:

not officially? so what your saying is, it can be done but microsoft wont allow it? problem is your at a disadvantage to pc players before you even start. for example i can't keep enemy aircraft in sight at all times like i can on pc and ps4. 

This is “git gud” problem, not lack of mouse support. We have plenty of very capable pilots on PS4 using gamepad. 

But since MS announced Razer partnership finally, we will work on support in the nearest future. 

• Upvote 2

What about the Xbox One Chatpad? Can the buttons be mapped to in game commands? (flaps/gear/bomb bay doors/ etc etc)

Of course there is this:http://www.thrustmaster.com/products/tflight-hotas-one
My guess, it is internally an Xbox One controller but layed out like a flight stick. That is what Saitek did back in the X360 days.

But big and too short cable to use in bed. Anyone know any other joysticks like it?