HD_Wurst

IS-6 sucks at it's BR of 7.3...

I dont know about is6 but is3 should come back to 7.0. In comparison to the is6 it really shows how bad it is.

Is 3 is trash tier. It has worse hull armor. Actually vulnerable to 84mm apds. Bad turret traverse speed. And an extremely bad mobility. Is 6 is merely what 7.3 is supposed to look like.

Edited by Max__Damage
  • Like 1
medal medal

As someone noted. The IS-6 in tiers up to Tier 6 becomes more of a "who shoots first scenario." The weird thing is the 122s on other Soviet tanks get a second shells that increases pen at longer max range vs. the IS-6. 

It can one shot a lot of threats however, this is usually flanking or hitting perfect hits.

The IS-6 doesn't have stabilizer from my experience. No really good gun depression. 

It does have "speed" for a heavy tank. And getting an aced crew does help the reload. 

When it was at Tier V back in the day, it was okay. But Leos could wreck it rather quickly.

What I find more fascinating is when the IS-4M and the IS-6 seem to have a higher chance of richochet against APFSDS rounds. I remember fighting Leo 2K and well bouncing a rather amazing amount of rounds while delivering shells to the face of the offending targets. 

Remember spaced armor is designed to counter HEAT centered weaponry. Its good vs. HEAT but kinetic and APHE will tear it apart. 

Rolled or Homogeneous Armor is designed to counter kinetic AP, but its not really that good vs. HESH and HEAT.

Composite is APFSDS Kinetic defense, but it seems that APHE seems to cause issues. 

It has a lot of weaknesses, but a lot of players tend to kill this tank with center of mass from the front shots. So its not as frightening. And with the amount of APFSDS and HEAT flying around, you better be very careful vs. certain tiers of threats you face. 

medal

On ‎29‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 00:03, inset_judgement said:

The IS-6 has a huge weak spot on the front now, neither it nor the IS-3 belong at 7.3 any more. 7.0 both

Yeah so like a panther can take on an is6, that little 150mm weakspot is like 50/50 chance as 2 scenarios happen, shell pens and does damage, or the shell pen and is eaten up by optics or shell pens and cannon barrel eats it yet the cannon barrel is light yellow. The is6 never received the D shell irl as the tank was developed in ww2 but was scraped due to problems. Production of is3 was easier and had less problems. Also if u add the D shell then u may make it 7.7 br then :)

• Like 2
medal medal

1 hour ago, TheBluedoom said:

Yeah so like a panther can take on an is6, that little 150mm weakspot is like 50/50 chance as 2 scenarios happen, shell pens and does damage, or the shell pen and is eaten up by optics or shell pens and cannon barrel eats it yet the cannon barrel is light yellow. The is6 never received the D shell irl as the tank was developed in ww2 but was scraped due to problems. Production of is3 was easier and had less problems. Also if u add the D shell then u may make it 7.7 br then :)

hell, this thing is 7.7 still wrecks NATO tanks left and right.

the 122mm can pen scrape the top of squishy tanks and then pen right into the turret.

the only time i survived the 122mm from the front is when i was driving STA-1 and the shell gets eaten up by the gun but killed the gunner and loader.

medal medal

On 03/08/2018 at 04:02, Samuel_Hyde said:

hell, this thing is 7.7 still wrecks NATO tanks left and right.

the 122mm can pen scrape the top of squishy tanks and then pen right into the turret.

the only time i survived the 122mm from the front is when i was driving STA-1 and the shell gets eaten up by the gun but killed the gunner and loader.

122 mm can bounce off m47. let alone something like an m103. The latter will laugh at you with your obsolete 122 mm ammo regardless of which tank it is.

medal medal

9 minutes ago, Sgt_KillJoy1221 said:

So... kind of like the Black Prince? oh wait... it now faces Is6s..

You mean that poor tank that was changed in BR and then forgotten because nobody played it anymore and no data of it underperforming was coming in? Poor black prince...

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 18/07/2018 at 04:50, *On__A__Plain said:

You can't promote the IS6 during former battles  as frontally almost invincible and after you have bought it with real money it gets nerfed. What a deception!!!

If the IS-6 was advertised as invincible & turns out it can in fact be shot, that would indeed be false advertising. Please upload advertisement for immortal tank.

On 18/07/2018 at 08:20, IOC_000 said:

Honestly i'm so glad all of you are upset; it's what you deserve for rolling 6.7 games for almost 3 months completely unopposed. Also please stop using the word "Deception"; you got a tank and paid for a tank. When errors are found or bugs fixed; the performance may change. This is not a bait and switch where the tank was replaced with something completely different; it's that the product was found defective (400MM effective armor thru value vs 200) and was corrected. As for the slope modifiers; those affect every tank and are always subject to change.

If changing something done in error was "Deception" then no software company could exist legally; then again i'm being real generous calling these issues with the IS-6 "Errors" as most seem intentional to say the least.

This is bulls.hit! Selling a product and making it worse afterwards is deception and fraud! 

This is NOT legal! Neither for software nor for "real life" products!

Premium vehicles must NEVER be changed! If such a vehicle is OP by accident, Gaijin should withdraw it from sale and never sell it again.

But for the vehicles that are already in the game: Deal with it!

Nearly every tank on 6.3 and up can easily penetrate the IS-6 from the side.

So there is and was not any need to cheat on paying customers in this disgusting way!

The IS-6 was the last premium vehicle I bought from Gajin - because of that reason! Sad for the Ju-288C.....I really wish to have this bomber! But buy it just to have it nerfed? No thanks, Gaijin!

Edited by xXCobraXx
  • Haha 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal

52 minutes ago, xXCobraXx said:

This is bulls.hit! Selling a product and making it worse afterwards is deception and fraud! 

Premium vehicles must NEVER be changed! If such a vehicle is OP by accident, Gaijin should withdraw it from sale and never sell it again.

So there is and was not any need to cheat on paying customers in this disgusting way!

The IS-6 was the last premium vehicle I bought from Gajin - because of that reason! Sad for the Ju-288C.....I really wish to have this bomber! But buy it just to have it nerfed? No thanks, Gaijin!

Nerf? More like corrected to be honest.

if you dont remember, IS-6 used to have unhistorical hidden armor on its turret face which was very scandalous. IS-6 still plays like headless chicken and lol pens most of the medium tanks (except russian mediums) even one of the best of the 7.7 (STB)

the 122mm also negates any extra armor which is also unhistorical.

IS-6 is the literal Hand Holding: The Tank.

I also have question for you, according to War Thunder in-game statistics, you only played IS-6 only once.

I don't think playing it once is valid enough for you to judge how the tank perform isn't it?

Edited by Samuel_Hyde
  • Upvote 2
medal medal

58 minutes ago, xXCobraXx said:

uh mad because your godlike  is6 turret can be penned   without cheat fs ?,do all of us a favor and   go back to the "other game" if you want that kind of P2W advantage in this game 

Edited by Nijiko
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, xXCobraXx said:

Sad for the Ju-288C.....I really wish to have this bomber! But buy it just to have it nerfed? No thanks, Gaijin!

just wait 6 month and then decide, it's not running away

• Haha 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 18/07/2018 at 20:14, Cruorr said:

unlike side shooting a German, UK, French, Japanese or American tank which is a sure kill or cripple shot. IS 6 is good where it is, keep moving, flank, and get side shots on people. 

What do you mean side shot a Japanese ? I'm confused there's literally only one tank that requires such game play and it's the Ho-Ri Production all the other Japanese tanks can be killed from any direction

11 minutes ago, SasquatchFox360 said:

What do you mean side shot a Japanese ? I'm confused there's literally only one tank that requires such game play and it's the Ho-Ri Production all the other Japanese tanks can be killed from any direction

you should probably quote the entire sentence. He's just saying that there is no problem shooting those in the side and killing them, not that you can only do that.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, xXCobraXx said:

https://warthunder.com/en/support/termsofuse/

Software

Certain Software of Gaijin and its licensors made available for downloading in connection with this Site (the “Software”) is licensed subject to the terms of the applicable license agreements https://warthunder.com/en/support/eula/ (“End User License Agreement”). Both the Software and any accompanying documentation made available to you is the copyrighted work of Gaijin or its licensors, as applicable. Except as set forth in the applicable End User License Agreement, the Software is made available for use by you only and any further copying, reproduction or redistribution of the Software is expressly prohibited. You must agree to the terms of the applicable End User License Agreement to download or obtain Software.

You may not use, copy, republish, frame, emulate, clone, download, transmit, rent, lease, loan, sell, assign, modify, distribute, license, sublicense, decompile, disassemble, create a derivative work or otherwise reverse engineer, or transfer the licensed program, or any subset of the Site, its Products or Service, except as expressly authorized herein or in the applicable license agreement. Any such unauthorized use shall result in immediate and automatic termination of your license to use this Site and, as applicable, of the license for Gaijin’s Software and Service and may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution.

WARRANTIES, IF ANY, WITH RESPECT TO SUCH SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS AND SERVICE SHALL ONLY APPLY AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THE APPLICABLE LICENSE AGREEMENT. GAIJIN HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL FURTHER REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT WITH RESPECT TO THE SOFTWARE.

Without limiting the foregoing, Gaijin makes no warranty that: the Service and products will meet your requirements; the Service and products will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free; the results that may be obtained from the use of the Service or materials will be effective, accurate, or reliable; the quality of any Service or products purchased or accessible by you through the Site will meet your expectations; any errors in the software obtained from or used through the Site, or any defects in the Site, its Service or products, will be corrected.

Maybe you should've read THIS and THIS before buying the IS-6

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

Thats just a backdoor for fraud. It´s like: "We cannot call it Nerf - so lets just call it "Error" and "fix" it! That`s just fine!"

NO Gaijin! That`s NOT fine! That is cheating on those people who pay your salaries! Who pay for the servers! Who make the entire game possible!

And an EULA does not make a legal rule invalid. EULAs have to be in accordance with the law. So that is not an argument for "It´s not fraud!"

Maye there was an error with that "extra armour". You call it "scandalous" because it is a premium tank. If a regular tank had such an error - I´m sure, many would not care or at least not care that much.

I find it scandalous, that Gaijin "fixes" (=nerfs!) a 40€ tank! THAT is a scandal! THAT is a huge slap right into the face of paying customers who want to support Gaijin and War Thunder.

Don`t get me wrong - I do NOT want an OP tank or Pay-to-Win! But I want to be able to trust Gaijin that, when I buy a premium vehicle, this vehicle will not be changed in a negative way or nerfed. We players who pay some amount of money, regardless of how much it is, keep the game running as we provide the financial basis, Gaijin need in order to pay for the servers, their staff etc.

So we can demand that our premium vehicles will never be nerfed. I think everyone can understand that point of view.

I also understand those, who don`t want to fight OP IS-6 tanks. I don`t want to fight OP tanks as well.

But nerfing a premium tank is a No-Go! If there is an "error" in the tank, they should withdraw it from the shop and never bring it back into the game as well. Just fine. Then we have a limited number of IS-6 in the game we have to deal with but there will never be any more IS-6 coming into the game.

And the extra armour was just at the front of the turret and the front plate. Well - shoot its side then! Shoot the IS-6 into the side - and it goes boom! And I didn`t complain about the removal of that extra armour - I complain about lifting the IS-6 from 7.0 to 7.3. That`s the Nerf, I`m talking about, not the armour error. That was really an error that was corrected.

But putting it up to 7.3 was not correcting an error - that was a big, ugly NERF! And that`s unacceptable!

To finish, I say it again: I do NOT want Pay-to-Win! I just want to be able to trust Gaijin! At the moment I can`t trust them!

• Haha 2

It's not fraud. It's even mentioned things are subject to change. I own plenty of premiums, some of which I think need to go up in BR (RU251 and Obj120). And I think a lot of free tanks need to go up or down. I was upset when the Panther II went from 6.7 to 7.0 even though I spent all that time unlocking it. I still don't call it fraud. And the IS-6 didn't get nerfed, it got put in a BR it should have been in to begin with and it had that extra 100mm of armor that it never had removed.

Fraud is me buying marble tiling for my bathroom and getting it and it actually being ceramic with a marble print on it.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

You must not look what the EULA says. You have to look, what the law says. And the law is rather precise: If you sell an item with certain features, you must neither give the customer an item with different features nor make the item worse after the customer bought it. If you do some of these things, you just act illegally!

EULAs or paragraphs of an EULA that violate the law are obsolete.

Changing things after they are bought is a case that does not happen often in real life......just because it is hardly possible to do that. But with software or parts of software you can do that. But that is similar to your bathroom tiling being ceramic with a marble print instead of being real marble. If someone came to you and told you, he wants to change your tiling, you would simply prevent him from doing so.

But people can`t prevent Gaijin from nerfing premium tanks.

Sadly no one has ever taken legal action because of such a case. I´m damn sure, courts would rule in favour of the customer.

But even if they don`t. Gaijin really breaks the trust of their customers quite severely by nerfing premium tanks. And putting a tank into a BR where it is outspotted, outgunned and oneshotted by EVERY enemy is a Nerf! A huge Nerf!

And it is not a very good idea to break the trust of paying customers when you rely on them in order to pay for your staff, the servers etc! The paying players make the game possible! Without us, there would be no War Thunder! And what do we get for it? A kick in the a.ss! Ok Gaijin - I will remember that and I will remember how you treat paying customers! I will NOT be a paying customer anymore! And I hope many many many other players will also stop paying! Maybe you will learn then, that you better do not cut off the branch you are sitting on!

I hope it will not be too late then......because I really like the game. The game is great - but your policy, Gaijin, is not!

Maybe you can bring some of us back into buying stuff from you, Gaijin......

When you treat us like we deserve it! We - your customers and your supporters!

Edited by xXCobraXx

24 minutes ago, xXCobraXx said:

You must not look what the EULA says. You have to look, what the law says. And the law is rather precise: If you sell an item with certain features, you must neither give the customer an item with different features nor make the item worse after the customer bought it. If you do some of these things, you just act illegally!

Order pixel tank - receive pixel tank

I don't recall Gaijin advertising the IS-6 with the feature of being indestructible

17 minutes ago, xXCobraXx said:

When you treat us like we deserve it! We - your customers and your supporters!

The IS-6 on release was a broken pay to win tank that anyone who bought it purely for seal clubbing deserved to get screwed.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, xXCobraXx said:

You must not look what the EULA says.

Read the EULA, you're not buying it. You're leasing it. And you're under contract with the understanding that the lessor can change the terms how they see fit the moment you press "purchase."

Seriously, this is Business Law 101. The music industry has been this way for decades and so has software. 

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

12 hours ago, *RAazzy91 said:

Order pixel tank - receive pixel tank

I don't recall Gaijin advertising the IS-6 with the feature of being indestructible

The IS-6 on release was a broken pay to win tank that anyone who bought it purely for seal clubbing deserved to get screwed.

WE make it possible for YOU to be able to enjoy War Thunder! Without paying players, War Thunder could not exist!

We deserve some priviledges for that, dont we?!

By the way.....the IS-6 was never a Pay to Win tank. It was strong, but not Pay to Win! Now, it is just a victim!

I bought the IS-6 this November and I am very happy with my purchase...When it is at BR 7.3 the only thing you have to be very afraid of is the Leopard. All tanks at that tier and at 6.7 can easily kill you...but thats if you play it like a brain dead mongrol like the IS-7. If you play it smart you can easily rack up 6 kills a match with no deaths. Some of the people buying the IS-6 are expecting it to be a unstoppable monster...Which it is not. It needs skill and if you don't have skill don't complain on the forums about it

• Sad 1
medal

2 hours ago, xXCobraXx said:

WE make it possible for YOU to be able to enjoy War Thunder! Without paying players, War Thunder could not exist!

We deserve some priviledges for that, dont we?!

By the way.....the IS-6 was never a Pay to Win tank. It was strong, but not Pay to Win! Now, it is just a victim!

No you don't deserve an OP tank for paying 40 euros.

If they had introduced it without the second plate behind the optic it would never been as OP as it was. 

They should put it at least at 7.0 and or give it the good 122mm ammunition 

medal medal medal medal medal