HD_Wurst

IS-6 sucks at it's BR of 7.3...

47 minutes ago, Rainbowprincess said:

And in terms of its cannon.. for what do you need a BR412D?

Don't you mean BR-471D?

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

Just now, Rainbowprincess said:

yeah whatever. I don't know all these names by heart ^^

fun fact: based on the performance of the German 12.8cm APCBC or more realisticly the US 90mm APCBC, the Russian 122mm APCBC should only penetrate around 200mm of armor.

So while wehraboos will be sad that the 128mm PzGr. 43 doesn't pen 280 or 300mm of armor the Russian shells are actually overperforming.

I'm probably create a topic in the historical section in the next couple of days because Russian shells are pretty much all wrong.

AP should probably pen less due to shattering, APBC should pen less because flat noses trade flat armor penetration for slope armor penetration and APCBC performance doesn't match with German or US shells.

• Upvote 1

On 17/06/2018 at 00:34, TheBigEasy1996 said:

If anything, IF you REALLY want something to make the IS6 more competitive at its tier, Give it the BR471D to be in line with the IS3 No need to gum up the BR

APHEBC performs better at angles than the APCBC round, so it's more of a downgrade. The only tank you need that better shell for is the maus.

medal medal medal

6 hours ago, KillaKiwi said:

fun fact: based on the performance of the German 12.8cm APCBC or more realisticly the US 90mm APCBC, the Russian 122mm APCBC should only penetrate around 200mm of armor.

So while wehraboos will be sad that the 128mm PzGr. 43 doesn't pen 280 or 300mm of armor the Russian shells are actually overperforming.

I'm probably create a topic in the historical section in the next couple of days because Russian shells are pretty much all wrong.

AP should probably pen less due to shattering, APBC should pen less because flat noses trade flat armor penetration for slope armor penetration and APCBC performance doesn't match with German or US shells.

I'm more concerned about the D-10t. Currently it is better in every aspect than the german 105 from the KT105. I mean the 412D currently only makes 7mm less at 0° but 20mm more at 60°. And all that with 120m/s less MV.

For me, penetration values are all over the places and Gaijin sacrificed historical accuracy here already too for the sake of "balance" (which doesn't mean that I think the current values are balanced).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 5

On 16/06/2018 at 16:14, TheBigEasy1996 said:

How can you whine about the leopards?? they have ZERO armor. they are easy one shot snacks with the 122mm

just shoot 1st and dont play 7.3BR heavies like 5.7 heavies. the only thing your armor can hold up to is uptiered tanks and most AP derived shots. HEAT and apds will go through you

The whole no armor argument on the Leopards has never really struck well with me. First, they do have some semblance of frontal armor being able to deflect some shots at angles, and their mobility + firepower more than make up for it. They lolpen everything they see with ease and have a high RoF. Not to mention, their mobility is superb and likely superior to any tank they will face. The Leopard needs no help right now.

medal medal medal medal

On 06/07/2018 at 02:01, ANDROMADA said:

The whole no armor argument on the Leopards has never really struck well with me. First, they do have some semblance of frontal armor being able to deflect some shots at angles, and their mobility + firepower more than make up for it. They lolpen everything they see with ease and have a high RoF. Not to mention, their mobility is superb and likely superior to any tank they will face. The Leopard needs no help right now.

they only deflect some shots if the other guy has a bad aim. versus a good gunner your dead anyway. 

The IS-6 is fine as is at 7.3, and I honestly think it could even be fine at 7.7 if the need arises. It has great mobility (for a heavy tank with so much armor - it's about as mobile as T-54s), a good enough gun (penetrates weak spots on all tanks and since it's 122mm APHE it will likely one to two shot anything), and quite strong armor (side armor is about as strong as a T-54's frontal armor, never mind the frontal armor). It also has a fairly good reload for a Soviet 122mm gun.

On 17/06/2018 at 10:24, Slayer3XD said:

XM1 with M774 stock.

Now that's a massive stretch. Realistically it would (if it suddenly was put into combat despite not being properly tested and still in prototype status) have M735 APFSDS-T and have that slowly replaced by M774 APFSDS-T, meaning M735 APFSDS-T should be the free/stock shell while M774 APFSDS-T would be the costlier (~800-900 Silver Lions per shot) but better shell. By no means was M774 APFSDS-T production sufficient enough to produce enough M774 APFSDS-T to phase-out M735 APFSDS-T during the mid 1975s, it was far from that.

• Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Honestly, someone is going to sue Gaijin one of these days for changing BRs after the purchase, regardless of their explanation its extremely questionable to sell a product and then change it on the consumer.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
medal medal medal medal

In recent battles,   my IS-6 got one shot killed frontally by M46 tiger (7.0),   cent. MK10 (7.0)  &  Leopard 1 (7.3). These tank can pen 300mm+ armor.

• Upvote 1
medal

6 minutes ago, Anju_Yuuki said:

so what does this have to do with the topic of the thread? :facepalm:

he used 300mm pen HEAT-FS round to demonstrate why IS-6 can be killed from 5km

• Upvote 1
medal medal

Centurion mk 10 upper plate gets penned by is6 aphebc because of the way it overperforms. 

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal

1 hour ago, omnipotank said:

Centurion mk 10 upper plate gets penned by is6 aphebc because of the way it overperforms. 

well and how layered armor underperforms by how it is calculated.

• Upvote 3

On 10/07/2018 at 09:22, KillaKiwi said:

well and how layered armor underperforms by how it is calculated.

All aphebc shells are inherently overperforming against angles and spaced armor.

• Confused 1
medal medal medal

In my opinion Gaijin is a untrustworthy company. The only reason why I have decided to buy the IS6 was because this tank has almost been invincible against frontal shots. Now a T44 100 destroys it by only one frontal shot even easily from a distance of over 700 meters. I feel cheated on my money massively. 

You can't promote the IS6 during former battles  as frontally almost invincible and after you have bought it with real money it gets nerfed. What a deception!!! 

Because you can't trust Gaijin anymore I will never ever buy a premium tank again!

Congratulations, a very clever business plan!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, *On__A__Plain said:

In my opinion Gaijin is a untrustworthy company. The only reason why I have decided to buy the IS6 was because this tank has almost been invincible against frontal shots. Now a T44 100 destroys it by only one frontal shot even easily from a distance of over 700 meters. I feel cheated on my money massively. 

You can't promote the IS6 during former battles  as frontally almost invincible and after you have bought it with real money it gets nerfed. What a deception!!! 

Because you can't trust Gaijin anymore I will never ever buy a premium tank again!

Congratulations, a very clever business plan!

You're angry because an enemy tank can do the same thing as YOUR tank? Do you know you sound ridiculous?

Premium tanks are not meant to be "P2W" machines, they are there to boost your research values.

Thread is full of L2P issues.

• Sad 2
  • Upvote 5
medal

On 17/06/2018 at 05:49, HD_Wurst said:

Again: I think if they take your money you should get something that is worth the 40 $ 

Let's compare the IS-6 with the other heavy tank on it's BR, the IS-3.

How long do you think it would take for you to unlock the IS-3 in a free to play way? With "40$" you get a 7.3 heavy tank INSTANTLY!

Time is money and you should appreciate this fact. 

• Upvote 1
medal

Honestly i'm so glad all of you are upset; it's what you deserve for rolling 6.7 games for almost 3 months completely unopposed. Also please stop using the word "Deception"; you got a tank and paid for a tank. When errors are found or bugs fixed; the performance may change. This is not a bait and switch where the tank was replaced with something completely different; it's that the product was found defective (400MM effective armor thru value vs 200) and was corrected. As for the slope modifiers; those affect every tank and are always subject to change.

If changing something done in error was "Deception" then no software company could exist legally; then again i'm being real generous calling these issues with the IS-6 "Errors" as most seem intentional to say the least.

Edited by IOC_000
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 4

Ok, let me show you the other end of the spectrum. If you are in a T29, T34, T32, Panther 2, Tiger 2, really any tank that doesn't have HEAT the IS 6 is a nightmare. I have bounced on its side because its just the littlest bit angled. The ONLY place to pen it frontally is the little holes on the left side of the main gun, and if he is rushing you and bouncing up and down over terrain, good luck with that. As for the side, you have to still aim well or bounce, unlike side shooting a German, UK, French, Japanese or American tank which is a sure kill or cripple shot. IS 6 is good where it is, keep moving, flank, and get side shots on people. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal

LOL, I bet AZINFRIIT must be an employee of Gaijin. No one who really understood what I want to say can criticise my input except the Gaijin staff. If you have bought a Mercedes and after visiting the repair shop you get a VW back would annoy everyone.

LOL, PAY TO WIN? The War Thunder gamer with the fastest computer system and fastest videocard gets the best results during battles. Sure, but just learn to play says the secret War Thunder employee. 

Again, it's a clear DECEPTION to promote a frontally invincible IS6 lasting for months and after you have purchased the IS6 it gets nerfed.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, *On__A__Plain said:

LOL, I bet AZINFRIIT must be an employee of Gaijin. No one who really understood what I want to say can criticise my input except the Gaijin staff. If you have bought a Mercedes and after visiting the repair shop you get a VW back would annoy everyone.

LOL, PAY TO WIN? The War Thunder gamer with the fastest computer system and fastest videocard gets the best results during battles. Sure, but just learn to play says the secret War Thunder employee. 

Again, it's a clear DECEPTION to promote a frontally invincible IS6 lasting for months and after you have purchased the IS6 it gets nerfed.

The only thing you do in this game is spam premium tanks in arcade, you didn't work your way from the bottom, then you come here acting like you know something about this game? Please stop acting like a baby. 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 5
medal

On 05/07/2018 at 17:01, ANDROMADA said:

The whole no armor argument on the Leopards has never really struck well with me. First, they do have some semblance of frontal armor being able to deflect some shots at angles, and their mobility + firepower more than make up for it

When I say no armor, and when most people say no armor, It is generally referring to the Leo 1's poor ability to stop explosive AP shot when compared to its piers at this battle rating. The 100mm D10T and 122mm APHEBC and APCBC projectiles of the USSR are a huge threat to the leo whilst these projectiles are less of a threat to other more heavily armored tanks. Within the context of this thread, where the leopard was brought up concerning its match up ability against the IS-6, the leopard cannot stop the 122mm nukes launched by the IS6. Even the stock capless APHE, which is available starting at 5.7 with the IS2, can penetrate the UFP. The leopard VS the IS6 is a who shoots 1st wins scenario.

2126812756_shot2018_07_1823_28_17.thumb.170108523_shot2018_07_1823_27_36.thumb.j

As for the sloping. the overmatch mechanic takes effect for projectiles greater than 70mms in diameter. that is nearly every single tank cannon from tier III upwards so ricochets and deflections arent going to save this tank. The only projectiles that the leopard I can stop are USSR players using the T34-85 as backups and uptiers such as the M26 pershing in AB.

Edited by TheBigEasy1996