HD_Wurst

IS-6 sucks at it's BR of 7.3...

EDIT: MY OPINION HAS CHANGED

I play the IS-6 A LOT. I mean it was expensive enough and it was praised as the incarnation of russian (or as I prefer: soviet) bias. But in the last games I mostly versed teams only consisting of the following tanks (Germany + Japan):

-Leopard I

-Leopard A1A1

-RakJPz 2

-STB-1

Needless to say: I got my a** handed to me. I spawned 2 times (had a backup) and died when leaving my spawn, instantly. Now, there was 1 Maus, but what the asolute f*ck am I supposed to do at 7.7 with a gun and the rounds that you can find on a 5.7? Plus 18.6 sec reload. "But it's the fastest for a soviet heavy!" Yeah how about you sh*t the f*ck up. Because those heavys (above 5.7, at which BR this gun with these rounds IS good) get better rounds to choose from. You won't get far with 207mm at point blank and 90 degrees angle. And the fact that any AP or APHE shot in the rough direction of the mantlet either penetrates or turns out as a trapshot. And the pic shows the Leopard I can pen the front at maximum range with a lot of angle. It's even worse with the mouse-guided rockets of the Raketenjagdpanzer 2. The Leo is sitting only 0.4 higher than the IS-6, is faster, has a quicker reload etc. And they still make a f*cking video on how to kill this soviet waste of money. Just put it back at 7.0 or something! And I'm not whining because I suck at the game. I'm level 50 and rated as a good player on thunderskill.com when it comes to statistics. And I'm sure I am not the only one who thinks so.

Okay, enough rage. Let's start a discussion.

shot 2018.06.16 21.48.34.jpg

shot 2018.06.16 21.58.24.jpg

Edited by HD_Wurst
  • Haha 23
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 2
medal

now you know how it feels getting rekted by the bs-6 becaue you can only pen it in a tiny weakspot

Edited by arongaspar
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 14

3 hours ago, HD_Wurst said:

I play the IS-6 A LOT. I mean it was expensive enough and it was praised as the incarnation of russian (or as I prefer: soviet) bias. But in the last games I mostly versed teams only consisting of the following tanks (Germany + Japan):

-Leopard I

-Leopard A1A1

-RakJPz 2

-STB-1

Needless to say: I got my a** handed to me. I spawned 2 times (had a backup) and died when leaving my spawn, instantly. Now, there was 1 Maus, but what the asolute f*ck am I supposed to do at 7.7 with a gun and the rounds that you can find on a 5.7? Plus 18.6 sec reload. "But it's the fastest for a soviet heavy!" Yeah how about you sh*t the f*ck up. Because those heavys (above 5.7, at which BR this gun with these rounds IS good) get better rounds to choose from. You won't get far with 207mm at point blank and 90 degrees angle. And the fact that any AP or APHE shot in the rough direction of the mantlet either penetrates or turns out as a trapshot. And the pic shows the Leopard I can pen the front at maximum range with a lot of angle. It's even worse with the mouse-guided rockets of the Raketenjagdpanzer 2. The Leo is sitting only 0.4 higher than the IS-6, is faster, has a quicker reload etc. And they still make a f*cking video on how to kill this soviet waste of money. Just put it back at 7.0! And I'm not whining because I suck at the game. I'm level 50 and rated as a good player on thunderskill.com when it comes to statistics. And I'm sure I am not the only one who thinks so.

Okay, enough rage. Let's start a discussion.

shot 2018.06.16 21.48.34.jpg

shot 2018.06.16 21.58.24.jpg

How can you whine about the leopards?? they have ZERO armor. they are easy one shot snacks with the 122mm

just shoot 1st and dont play 7.3BR heavies like 5.7 heavies. the only thing your armor can hold up to is uptiered tanks and most AP derived shots. HEAT and apds will go through you

• Upvote 8

Hmm let's see here:

keep in 7.3, It'll get rekt by HEATFS, HESH, & APDS.

moving it back to 7.0, Everyone will scream UNBALANCE all over again just like when it was 1st added.

I say keep it at 7.3. :D

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 7
medal medal medal

If anything, IF you REALLY want something to make the IS6 more competitive at its tier, Give it the BR471D to be in line with the IS3 No need to gum up the BR

• Confused 1

Haha so you finally feel the pain other nations had to play with for years ? hmm Maybe you should get used to it.... because justice is coming for bias :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal medal

9 hours ago, *cartman400 said:

Hmm let's see here:

keep in 7.3, It'll get rekt by HEATFS, HESH, & APDS.

moving it back to 7.0, Everyone will scream UNBALANCE all over again just like when it was 1st added.

I say keep it at 7.3. :D

Thing is: IS-6 players had to pay 40 bucks to get reckt. And the ppl complaining will stop after a couple of weeks once they learned how to deal with it. 

4 hours ago, TheBigEasy1996 said:

If anything, IF you REALLY want something to make the IS6 more competitive at its tier, Give it the BR471D to be in line with the IS3 No need to gum up the BR

I'd be okay with that.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
medal

1 minute ago, HD_Wurst said:

Thing is: IS-6 players had to pay 40 bucks to get reckt. And the ppl complaining will stop after a couple of weeks once they learned how to deal with it. 

I'd be okay with that.

how about get gud ?  if you want P2W at its best go to the "other game" ? :)  and complain there your tank is not strong enough .... :facepalm:

Edited by Nijiko
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 6
medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, DRAGON_SK said:

Haha so you finally feel the pain other nations had to play with for years ? hmm Maybe you should get used to it.... because justice is coming for bias :P

Again: I think if they take your money you should get something that is worth the 40 $ 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2
medal

15 minutes ago, Nijiko said:

how about get gud ?  if you want P2W at its best go to the "other game" ? :)  and complain there your tank is not strong enough .... :facepalm:

I don't want a tank that destroys everything. The IS-6 is expensive because of it's armor. The gun was never good at the br. And now everything just goes through the tank. And it's also sad that most of the WT community just says "get gud" as soon as they don't like your complain. :facepalm:

Edited by HD_Wurst
medal

Sadly people who still pay to Gaijin are supporting those moves of them - selling stronger and stronger vehicles and now even top tier vehicles, one day it needs to end or the game will be destroyed by the greed - so either people stop supporting those marketing moves and Gaijin will hopefully bankrupt soon or you will have to learn to live with it.

On the other hand you are the one who spent 40dolalrs on one imaginary tank in virtual gaming world - so do not put the blame on Gaijin or somebody else - you did the decision.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

ok, counting a few "issues" of your post

• you use HEAT-based ammunition as proof that "is6 armour is bad".... thats a bad idea. cause HEAT is chemical based and thus doesnt care if it hits you at 1m or 20km, same as at 1000m/s or 100m/s, it will always do the same kind of damage.
  • the is6 had an artificial ninja-buff which made the turrets front 300mm (instead of 200mm) strong, that was simply nerfed, or rather corrected
  • iirc gaijin said "we will nerf is6 armour" and decreased the ufp to 90mm, but increased the sides armour by 20mm
  • yes, its gun is sub-par, but the armour is more than excellent, especially since its russian. one needs to hit pixel-perfect to get a shell through the "cupolas" 
  • the funniest part is: you selected vehicles rated HIGHER than the is6 to show how weak it is. fine, i can do the same: "my panther D suffers from mean T34s" - one is 5.7 the other 6.7.... its obvious one side has the advantage, thats what the BR system shows!
  • and would you mind telling me, if the is6 would be dropped back to 7.0 (while its superior to the is3, which is at 7.3), what would 6.0 tanks do against it? any panther? a bulldog?
  • btw, the is6 is a heavy, has the mobility of a medium, if not a light tank, considering how agile and quick it is
  • the ONLY tanks it has to really struggle against is the Maus and T95, and the rest? meh, just nuke 'em with your glorious 122mm gun!

there is absolutely NO reason at all to move the is6 to 7.0 again, especially since the threats of its opposition are not as numerous as it should be..... (look especially at british centurion mk10/vickers or conqueror)

• Upvote 10
medal medal medal medal

58 minutes ago, Happalula said:

ok, counting a few "issues" of your post

• you use HEAT-based ammunition as proof that "is6 armour is bad".... thats a bad idea. cause HEAT is chemical based and thus doesnt care if it hits you at 1m or 20km, same as at 1000m/s or 100m/s, it will always do the same kind of damage.
  • the is6 had an artificial ninja-buff which made the turrets front 300mm (instead of 200mm) strong, that was simply nerfed, or rather corrected
  • iirc gaijin said "we will nerf is6 armour" and decreased the ufp to 90mm, but increased the sides armour by 20mm
  • yes, its gun is sub-par, but the armour is more than excellent, especially since its russian. one needs to hit pixel-perfect to get a shell through the "cupolas" 
  • the funniest part is: you selected vehicles rated HIGHER than the is6 to show how weak it is. fine, i can do the same: "my panther D suffers from mean T34s" - one is 5.7 the other 6.7.... its obvious one side has the advantage, thats what the BR system shows!
  • and would you mind telling me, if the is6 would be dropped back to 7.0 (while its superior to the is3, which is at 7.3), what would 6.0 tanks do against it? any panther? a bulldog?
  • btw, the is6 is a heavy, has the mobility of a medium, if not a light tank, considering how agile and quick it is
  • the ONLY tanks it has to really struggle against is the Maus and T95, and the rest? meh, just nuke 'em with your glorious 122mm gun!

there is absolutely NO reason at all to move the is6 to 7.0 again, especially since the threats of its opposition are not as numerous as it should be..... (look especially at british centurion mk10/vickers or conqueror)

• it is VERY common to stumble across HEAT at 7.0 < so of course I'll take it as example

• I still get killed through the cheeks by the vehicles at my br if they don't pen my front

• The side is still no problem for any King Tiger or Panther II since there's almost no armor behind the anti-heat-skirts

• Why aim for the cupolas when you can trapshot or go through the turret so easy. 

• 5.7 vs 6.7 is not the same as 7.3 against 7.7. There's 1.0 between T34 and Panther D and 0.4 between Leopard I and IS-6. Plus I get uptiered in 8 out of 10 games in the IS-6. And even Ru-251 at 6.7 goes through my front.

• The bulldog has no big chance against it's own br. And Panther A/F can angle a bit, 122 bounces, they hit turret or flank since they're quite fast and boom. Same with IS-6 vs Maus. IS-6 can only pen the Maus at a couple of meters through the side and if you don't hit ammo perfecly, you're done. And Maus is higher, so the angle becomes less effective, it can go through your turret or side front plates. And who says IS-6 would be downtiered all the time? It always gets uptiered.

• Yeah but the Leos are quicker because they have less armor and the armor that you as an IS-6 pay for with your speed doesn't matter to them.

• Yeah, let's nuke a hull-down T34 at 100m

Maybe not moved. But better shell or something like that.

2 hours ago, DRAGON_SK said:

Sadly people who still pay to Gaijin are supporting those moves of them - selling stronger and stronger vehicles and now even top tier vehicles, one day it needs to end or the game will be destroyed by the greed - so either people stop supporting those marketing moves and Gaijin will hopefully bankrupt soon or you will have to learn to live with it.

On the other hand you are the one who spent 40dolalrs on one imaginary tank in virtual gaming world - so do not put the blame on Gaijin or somebody else - you did the decision.

I paid for it back in the day when everyone said "soooo op" and boom the thing I paid for gets buffed all the sudden. So why put the blame on me? That is not what I paid for.

Edited by HD_Wurst
  • Haha 4
medal

32 minutes ago, HD_Wurst said:

I paid for it back in the day when everyone said "soooo op" and boom the thing I paid for gets buffed all the sudden. So why put the blame on me? That is not what I paid for.

So you should expect it to be corrected ... it had an artificial 100mm shield in the turret behind mantlet which was never planned - meanwhile some tanks ingame are missing armor for years now.

So of course it needed to be 'nerfed' Same goes for Taran which still sits at laughable low BR. When buying something imaginary and virtual always can something happen - I would suggest you never spent more Money on games like these rather buy something nice for your wife :) Or make yourself a good day - I am glad I never spent a penny on games like WoT or WT in all the years I have been playing those games :)

Edited by DRAGON_SK
  • Upvote 3

7 hours ago, TheBigEasy1996 said:

Technically, the IS-6 never had BR-471D because IRL the IS-6 was a failed experiment so it never lived through the 50's to get such thing.

• Upvote 9
medal medal medal

54 minutes ago, *cartman400 said:

Technically, the IS-6 never had BR-471D because IRL the IS-6 was a failed experiment so it never lived through the 50's to get such thing.

Sure... but not everything in WT is correct. Gameplay over accuracy, like they say.

medal

2 hours ago, HD_Wurst said:

• it is VERY common to stumble across HEAT at 7.0 < so of course I'll take it as example

Don't drive in the open like you are supposed to be invincible.

• I still get killed through the cheeks by the vehicles at my br if they don't pen my front

Don't stand still in the open like you are supposed to be invincible.

• The side is still no problem for any King Tiger or Panther II since there's almost no armor behind the anti-heat-skirts

No tank has strong side armor and compared to what everyone else gets the IS-6 still has the sloped sides being ridiculously better armored than everyone else.

• Why aim for the cupolas when you can trapshot or go through the turret so easy. 

Getting a shot trap, hitting the ridiculously small mantlet and and hitting the cupolas are easier said than done. If you ever had to fight IS-6 tanks in RB you'd know that, but you didn't.

• 5.7 vs 6.7 is not the same as 7.3 against 7.7. There's 1.0 between T34 and Panther D and 0.4 between Leopard I and IS-6. Plus I get uptiered in 8 out of 10 games in the IS-6. And even Ru-251 at 6.7 goes through my front.

6.7 vs 7.3 or 7.0 vs 7.3 isn't the same either, specially when you are fighting with US and UK tanks using the nerfed into oblivion APDS.

• The bulldog has no big chance against it's own br. And Panther A/F can angle a bit, 122 bounces, they hit turret or flank since they're quite fast and boom. Same with IS-6 vs Maus. IS-6 can only pen the Maus at a couple of meters through the side and if you don't hit ammo perfecly, you're done. And Maus is higher, so the angle becomes less effective, it can go through your turret or side front plates.

If you can't kill a Panther A/F with a 122mm it is a massive operator problem. The Panther A/F have issues surviving UFP shots on their UFP and their turrets are as good as gone with a single 122mm hit.

And who says IS-6 would be downtiered all the time? It always gets uptiered.

Everyone at 7.0 and bellow who got dragged to 7.0 and higher thanks to the IS-6 spam.

• Yeah but the Leos are quicker because they have less armor and the armor that you as an IS-6 pay for with your speed doesn't matter to them.

The Leopard also gets point and clicked by the IS-6 easily.

• Yeah, let's nuke a hull-down T34 at 100m

Yeah lets hit the weak spots of an IS-6 with bouncy APCR or try to kill it when your most useful shells don't even penetrate 200mm of armor at point blank.

Better players is all it needs.

The IS-6 had its DM broken since day 1, it only got the mantlet fixed after Lopi dug in the files and found out the mantlet had an effective 300mm thickness.

Also the IS-6 at its introduction was mercilessly curb stomping everyone. 

Also HEAT-FS is the only shell that can actually threat an IS-6 reliably. APDS, APCR, HESH and any APHE that isn't German still have issues dealing with the IS-6.

1 hour ago, HD_Wurst said:

Sure... but not everything in WT is correct. Gameplay over accuracy, like they say.

So, you want the tank that never fired that shell to have it when there are far too many to count tanks, premium and in the regular tank tree, that don't fire shells they were issued at because of balance. But giving a tank that was never issued or even fired that shell is supposed to be balanced because you happen to have issues with what? 2 tanks that can't be OHK by the 122m?  

You aren't going to like this game very much if Gaijin applied the same standard to every other tank.

Sure, give the Magach the M111 Hetz but keep it at 7.7 because premium. Also unlike the IS-6 the Magach actually used and fire those shells in combat (this might actually make that tank worth to use)

APCR to every US 76mm tank and the 3 inch GMC

APDS to every British tank.

M735 and M774 to the M60A1 AOS

M883 to the M60A1 RISE.

M883 and M900 to the M1.

XM1 with M774 stock.

Unlike the IS-6 all those tanks were issued and fired those shells one time or another.

5 hours ago, HD_Wurst said:

Paying for premium is to help with the grind, not being P2W.

Otherwise there are plenty of premium tanks that are downright awful on their own or merely special versions of regular tanks in the tank tree, but they are not getting any help from Gaijin

If you had to fight the IS-6 spam with 6.3 and 6.7 tanks you wouldn't be saying that. 

Edited by Slayer3XD
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2
medal medal

3 hours ago, Slayer3XD said:

Don't drive in the open like you are supposed to be invincible

Who said I'd do that??

Getting a shot trap, hitting the ridiculously small mantlet and and hitting the cupolas are easier said than done. If you ever had to fight IS-6 tanks in RB you'd know that, but you didn't.

I did. And the mantlet is not a difficult target to hit. The US heavys are actually scary to me in a Tiger II or something like that.

6.7 vs 7.3 or 7.0 vs 7.3 isn't the same either, specially when you are fighting with US and UK tanks using the nerfed into oblivion APDS.

SABOT kills me a lot and AP like the M103 or T95 have no big problem.

If you can't kill a Panther A/F with a 122mm it is a massive operator problem. The Panther A/F have issues surviving UFP shots on their UFP and their turrets are as good as gone with a single 122mm hit.

An angled 120mm mantlet or sloped front at an angle can protect from 207mm pen.

The Leopard also gets point and clicked by the IS-6 easily.

But has quicker reload, faster speed, better gun and is for free.

Yeah lets hit the weak spots of an IS-6 with bouncy APCR or try to kill it when your most useful shells don't even penetrate 200mm of armor at point blank

What tank is that supposed to be?

Also HEAT-FS is the only shell that can actually threat an IS-6 reliably. APDS, APCR, HESH and any APHE that isn't German still have issues dealing with the IS-6.

Hesh kills me without problems. So does US and french AP and UKs APDS.

So, you want the tank that never fired that shell to have it when there are far too many to count tanks, premium and in the regular tank tree, that don't fire shells they were issued at because of balance. But giving a tank that was never issued or even fired that shell is supposed to be balanced because you happen to have issues with what? 2 tanks that can't be OHK by the 122m?  

So I'm asking for too much with more than 207mm pen round at 7.3.

Paying for premium is to help with the grind, not being P2W

Insta-killed doesn't help grinding.

Edited by HD_Wurst
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1
medal

its a fact that the is6 is still very very strong for a 7.3 and definitely needs no change to make it even stronger!

any issue about it (considering what i read here) is sadly a real issue about how its being itilized, not any "weakness" this monster has.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

Wow, it's getting really hard to defend my point. I started this discussion when I was blinded by the rage of being killed early in 2 games. Now that I'm chilled again I'm desperatly searching for arguments against the IS-6... :lol:

medal

The IS-6 is arguably a better IS-3 so I see no issue with it staying at 7.3. Although I wish they would make it a tier 5 vehicle like all other Soviet 7.3 tanks. The only other tier 5 soviet premium the obj. 120 is a very situational vehicle and not suited for all maps.

• Upvote 1
medal medal

When I play brits at 7.0 , I play 95% of the time against germany and soviets paired toghether. So in this case the is-6 most of the time has not to fear heat-fs. And the 105mm APDS does nothing against it HESH also struggles.

And in terms of its cannon.. for what do you need a BR412D? As higher you get in BR as weaker the armor becomes for US/german tanks. And the brits never really had armor in the first place apart from the conqueror which has the idiotic cupola weakspot that gets you killed when being hull down.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2