kyoumu

Armor value of 90 type tank is strange

Blow-out panels also work in this version, but I don't know how to explain it, the whole tank feels sluggish, even tho it is reaching 50+km/h all the time. Maybe it's just something weird going on with the servers. And yes, you still get penetrated left and right by anything in the 9.0+ BR, but with 64 player custom games shells just fly left and right, bombs keep falling, rockets exploding so you can't really tell how it will work on normal conditions in normal games.  

medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 minutes ago, FearRaiser said:

Video game who's numbers are really similar to those of Swedish reports on Leo 2A4.

Uhhh... What?

medal medal

15 hours ago, Fireraid233 said:

Ok look at this. This is from the book we were talking about. Can anyone here translate a little or only translate where it might talk about armor.

111.thumb.jpg.b665e5f07ea720cc569d75646615687f.jpg

2.thumb.png.53caa1aaa0b4bcb6bf1eab9b4334c60f.png

3.thumb.png.8a2657fa015e406cc7b8127b78c3c28d.png

Tut side of type 90 withstands 35 mm of type 89 from a distance of 1000 m.(A penetration of 80 mm at 1000 m APDS)

Turret side of type 90 is not space armor.

ttype 90 withstands APFSDS 1 time and HEAT-MP 3 times.(250m)

The roof of type 90 withstands 155 mmHE(Data from 10 m above the sky)

The side of the body of type 90 withstands APDS from distance 1000 m to 20 mm.

The body of the type 90 and the turret (front) have equivalent defensive ability.

The distance between the body of the type 90 and the side skirt is 700 mm.

This is all about translating the defense ability.

Please make two bug reports

1 The side of the turret is not space armor

2 The turret and the front of the car body have equal defense capabilities

Edited by *sobawasab
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal medal

43 minutes ago, *sobawasab said:

Tut side of type 90 withstands 35 mm of type 89 from a distance of 1000 m.(A penetration of 80 mm at 1000 m APDS)

Turret side of type 90 is not space armor.

ttype 90 withstands APFSDS 1 time and HEAT-MP 3 times.(250m)

The roof of type 90 withstands 155 mmHE(Data from 10 m above the sky)

The side of the body of type 90 withstands APDS from distance 1000 m to 20 mm.

The body of the type 90 and the turret (front) have equivalent defensive ability.

The distance between the body of the type 90 and the side skirt is 700 mm.

This is all about translating the defense ability.

Please make two bug reports

1 The side of the turret is not space armor

2 The turret and the front of the car body have equal defense capabilities

That's interesting. So whatever material is used in the armor is very brittle, and mainly designed to defend against CE, not KE attacks. Just a bit of editing to make your translation clearer:

1. The Type 90's armor can withstand one hit from APFSDS (of an unspecified caliber) at 250mm, or three hits from HEAT-MP ammunition at the same range.
2. The Type 90 is proofed 10 meter airbursts from 155mm HE shells.

3. The hull side armor of the Type 90 is designed to withstand 20mm APDS from 1000 meters, and is rated at 80mm thickness.

just through reading through the data myself, it looks like it estimates the penetration of the JM33 at 540mm at zero meters, though I may have the organization of the information incorrect. Looks like it makes a note about the Type 90 being designed to defeat 125mm APFSDS. So it would seem that we're on track for now with respect to the Type 90's armor protection given that it can defeat 125mm rounds at point blank range (Except on the hull).

Edited by Nomad_Gaming
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Many people have probably already seen this, but for those who haven't there's a bug report on the Type 90's armor for the test server here:

There is a lot of information in this thread, with a bunch of different sources ranging from various websites to books and magazines.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Nomad_Gaming said:

just through reading through the data myself, it looks like it estimates the penetration of the JM33 at 540mm at zero meters, though I may have the organization of the information incorrect. Looks like it makes a note about the Type 90 being designed to defeat 125mm APFSDS. So it would seem that we're on track for now with respect to the Type 90's armor protection given that it can defeat 125mm rounds at point blank range (Except on the hull).

it's a little different.

I understand Japanese more than you.

Edited by *sobawasab

2 hours ago, Tasty95215 said:

Many people have probably already seen this, but for those who haven't there's a bug report on the Type 90's armor for the test server here:

There is a lot of information in this thread, with a bunch of different sources ranging from various websites to books and magazines.

I will submit a bug report on space armor

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The combined report is here

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/413992-about-the-armor-of-type90-tank-in-dev-server/

I am not sure if we can continue as an official report for the developers to fix. This is because

1. We only have one source stating the 540mm KE/1000mm CE value (from your book - thanks for scanning!!)
  2. Everything else says it is resistant to JM33 but the developers will likely not accept this because there is no "number" behind it.
  3. Wikipedia and most websites are not a good source, according to the Gaijin developers - they want official numbers, but if we have more than one site giving the same number it will be OK

What we can try to do is fine an additional one or more sources giving the 540/1000mm number so we can open an official report. Right now, with only one official source of thickness, the developers will probably reject it.

((((please help )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We only need one more source and he will send the bug report please ask all you other Japanese friends to look around or go to JGSDF mussem and ask please

medal

On 07/06/2018 at 07:27, NuubPCgamer said:

It was posted in ru forum. Type 90 DEV section. Maybe it's useful.

Y-pljawVyhg.jpg.0a613976aca46857ab4ec51a754a047c.jpg

As it turns out, this document is actually on the Type 10 tank, and not the Type 90. Furthermore, the original page didn't even have any information on the armor of the Type 10. It seems like someone just copy-pasted that information from somewhere else:

H1Qed7I.png

Sorry for the bad quality here. The entire report can be read here: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B8KVYt57g6q_QTVHN1EyMThwRnM, from the one that has a file size of 21 MB.

It's also worth mentioning that the Type 90 apparently has had its armor changed in the latest test server:

shot 2018.06.10 19.32.21.jpg

Edited by Tasty95215
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Tasty95215 said:

As it turns out, this document is actually on the Type 10 tank, and not the Type 90. Furthermore, the original page didn't even have any information on the armor of the Type 10. It seems like someone just copy-pasted that information from somewhere else:

H1Qed7I.png

Sorry for the bad quality here. The entire report can be read here: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B8KVYt57g6q_QTVHN1EyMThwRnM, from the one that has a file size of 21 MB.

It's also worth mentioning that the Type 90 apparently has had its armor changed in the latest test server:

You overlook the essential material.

I have already published the data of the Ministry of Defense to explain that .

That link belongs to my page.

Please stop fraud.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Tasty95215 said:

H1Qed7I.png

The armour composition has always been that

Gaijin just hid the KE/CE protection behind the new analysis tool

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

39 minutes ago, *RAazzy91 said:

The armour composition has always been that

Gaijin just hid the KE/CE protection behind the new analysis tool

This is part of the data of the type 10 tank brought from my page.

Edited by *sobawasab
  • Upvote 1

So Im guessing this page only mentions the Type 10 and doesnt make any reference about the Type 90 tank at all.

6 hours ago, *sobawasab said:

Please stop fraud.

What is the essential material?

Edited by kikiri
  • Upvote 1

well the Type 90 got a 25% increase in turret cheek armour, 22% increase in mantlet armour, and an 18% decrease in UFP armour according to the latest datamine;

• Like 1

This is JSDF ATLA Shimokita proving ground.

This site used to test Type 90 I guess, and that range is 2,000m.

So, I guess Type 90’s bulletproof test range is 2000m by JM33: it’s armor will be over 460mm.

1QxfGf6.png

9sQFR95.png

Edited by aizenns
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Fireraid233 said:

So more turret armor but less hull armor hmm.

He should've been more specific: CE buff on the turret and KE nerf on the hull

• Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 minutes ago, iNSaNiTY_IA said:

He should've been more specific: CE buff on the turret and KE nerf on the hull

woops, yeah I should've specified sorry.

it does say there's an effective thickness increase as well, not sure if that's KE related.

Oh snap i didnt read it right too. It only says against CE not KE.

But then what dies this mean?

• turret cheek max effective thickness: 120 --> 200mm

And 

• mantlet max effective thickness: 370 --> 460mm
Edited by Fireraid233
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
medal medal medal medal

11 hours ago, *sobawasab said:

Please stop fraud.

Er, what? I think there's a misunderstanding going on here. All I said was that the page that I had previously posted, the one with the red text in Chinese, was about the Type 10 tank and not the Type 90 tank. I also was saying that the original page did not have the red Chinese text there. Am I missing something here?

2 hours ago, Fireraid233 said:

Oh snap i didnt read it right too. It only says against CE not KE.

But then what dies this mean?

• turret cheek max effective thickness: 120 --> 200mm

And 

• mantlet max effective thickness: 370 --> 460mm

So turrets incresseed and hull weaker ???

medal

1 minute ago, FundoshiHitoshi said:

So turrets incresseed and hull weaker ???

Turret increased, hull decreased proberly the hull is the same as the leo2 now but the turret is most likpy gonna be stronger.

• Confused 1
medal medal medal medal

5 minutes ago, Fireraid233 said:

Turret increased, hull decreased proberly the hull is the same as the leo2 now but the turret is most likpy gonna be stronger.

But  they didnt make the composite armor cover the lower hull plate to protect driver and hull wet ammo rack  no the tank is like challenger ecery one was right all over the place when they said its just going to be a Japanese challenger

• Sad 1
medal

9 hours ago, aizenns said:

This is JSDF ATLA Shimokita proving ground.

This site used to test Type 90 I guess, and that range is 2,000m.

So, I guess Type 90’s bulletproof test range is 2000m by JM33: it’s armor will be over 460mm.

1QxfGf6.png

9sQFR95.png

In Japan it is said that the exam was done at Fuji