Pony51

I.A.R. 81-C joining the Italian forces!

With dancing in the virtual streets of Bucharest, the I.A.R. 81-C entry into WT was announced on 25th May 2018 in the upcoming 1.79!

(IAR: Industria Aeronautică Română)

In an effort to grow the sparse Italian lineup, it was decided to add to the Italian Premium tree as a Rank 2 addition.

Although originally a fighter, this version was modified to carry an impressive bomb load of 1x 225kg (250kg??) and 2x 50kg bombs, making it a formidable ground attack unit too.

Added with its MG 151/20 and FN Browning 7.92mm , this bird will be one to fear!

Made by Vitaliy Vostokov (a.k.a. NovA29R) with much gratitude by many WT player, the 81 is a welcome addition and a new country in WT!

iar_81c_05_1280h720_1b443ca04308dff22a49

iar_81c_10_1280h720_b1d7a1b927394f38659b

iar_81c_06_1280h720_987bd6de11ee509cd3bf

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, *BrentD15 said:

While I'm happy to see this finally coming to the game, why Italy and not Germany?

Because it wouldn’t matter. Italy is going to be receiving minor axis vehicles because they have a far smaller tree anyway. They don’t have a lot for ground forces irl so the same thing will happen there. They supposedly have a nice beautiful selection so that’s great but they don’t have enough. This is why they will be receiving some extra supplementary axis vehicles. 

Thank you and congratulations @NovA29R For your work and success!

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, _Condottiero_ said:

7005548549_e0fddc3219_b.jpg

That's just what if, it was never used by the Italians.

Idk why they put it in the Italian tree or why is rank 2, should be rank 3 and in the german tt. 

Also it should have the option for 2 x 21 cm rockets but I don't see anything on the devblog about them. 

And why is it premium of they are going to transform the italian tt in a minor axis tt? It was the most produced Romanian fighter of ww2.

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, Nell_Lucifer said:

Idk why they put it in the Italian tree or why is rank 2, should be rank 3 and in the german tt. 

Also it should have the option for 2 x 21 cm rockets but I don't see anything on the devblog about them. 

And why is it premium of they are going to transform the italian tt in a minor axis tt? It was the most produced Romanian fighter of ww2.

I think they are only doing that because of it been player made and its highly requested and gaijin don't want it spammed so they put it rank 2 and that to stop people

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, theblackbaronSS said:

I think they are only doing that because of it been player made and its highly requested and gaijin don't want it spammed so they put it rank 2 and that to stop people

The He 177 is also player made and was requested.

And the term *spammed* is not really a reason, look at the Hitlerbolt. While ur team would be full of IAR 81s it's historical. 

Same thing goes to the P26/40, it's basically a better T34 1940 and it's tier 2 while the chaffee or the C205 is rank 3 and at 3.0.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Nell_Lucifer said:

And the term *spammed* is not really a reason, look at the Hitlerbolt. While ur team would be full of IAR 81s it's historical. 

Same thing goes to the P26/40, it's basically a better T34 1940 and it's tier 2 while the chaffee or the C205 is rank 3 and at 3.0.

Well the P26/40 has the wrong penetration for its APCBC.

When it will get the real one then 3.7 tier 3 should be good enough.

11 hours ago, Nell_Lucifer said:

Maybe they will also do a standard tech tree version with the rockets.

Also yes, I think they are going to make Italy the axis tech tree and France the allied tech tree, because both have serious lack of certain vehicles.

Major problem is that all the minor nations planes would be overshadowed by this...image-38.thumb.png.e5120178531b0483df23d

And it's not even near all Italian planes.

Edited by SergenteA
  • Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, SergenteA said:

Well the P26/40 has the wrong penetration for its APCBC.

When it will get the real one then 3.7 tier 3 should be good enough.

Maybe they will also do a standard tech tree version with the rockets.

Also yes, I think they are going to make Italy the axis tech tree and France the allied tech tree, because both have serious lack of certain vehicles.

Major problem is that all the minor nations planes would be overshadowed by this...image-38.thumb.png.e5120178531b0483df23d

And it's not even near all Italian planes.

I m well aware about the P26/40 missing it s own shell. 

I m not too sure about that, italy has, (at least) enough vehicles for a standalone tt (tanks). And exactly, they will be overshadowed by the full air tt. 

But France, France has more then enough vehicles for it s tiers that still can be added. The american vehicles in the french tt is just gaijin rushing things out. There was no need for the M4A1 or M10 or P63 etc.

I m also not that confident about the max speed of the IAR 81C, I found so many contradictory information some states 485 others 550 and 570 (km/h)

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Nell_Lucifer said:

yes but the player that made It decides if its sl or golden eagles and they knew it would get used a lot due it been wanted for years 

the only reason the hitlerbolt gets spammed is because gaijin decided to put it on war bonds and once it came to the end of the month if you joined any game you would see 5 or more hitlerbolts come at you

you do realise that they could change it at any point to a rank 3 if it is too op and the c205 is very op even at that rank and is one of my favourite planes

I hope they'll finally give a special signs to the name for this aircraft and G-14 too

PS just my opinion, I think IAR-81 and SM.79B should be in its own column with its own name, to make it clear that they are not italian

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, _Condottiero_ said:

I hope they'll finally give a special signs to the name for this aircraft and G-14 too

PS just my opinion, I think IAR-81 and SM.79B should be in its own column with its own name, to make it clear that they are not italian

I believe the SM 79B was built fpr italy only as the romanian ones were named JRS 79

1 hour ago, xF4LC0NxPUNCHx said:

I'm not sure if the full armament was listed anywhere, but I think it should be 4 mg's and two cannon, right? Two MG 151/20 alone is already going to be very formidable at low BR.

1680634048_detaliutun1_zpsbe662c21(1).th

Sadly only 2 x 7.92 and 2 x 20mm

Indeed, but I m not too sure about the max speed, some sources states 550 and 570 instead of 485.

I stil don t think It should be rank 2 and should be 3.

I will make a comparation between first rank 3 planes and the IAR when the update is out to see if gaijin logic is again bs.

I bought a book about the IAR and I have another book at home when I will get my hands on both I will look for the performance and when the dev server is up I will try to make a bug report if I find anything wrong. 

P.S I have a feeling Gaijin won't give it the 21 cm rockets.. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Nell_Lucifer said:

P.S I have a feeling Gaijin won't give it the 21 cm rockets.. 

That would be stupid. One of the major problem in the current Italian tech tree is the lack of CAS, and two 21 cm rockets would probably be good at killing tanks.

• Upvote 1

On 26/05/2018 at 23:35, Nell_Lucifer said:

italy has a ton of planes to add, don't be fooled be the pityfull "tree" gaijin released, it is far from complete. Thus, there is no need to add other nation stuff as regular planes, but they are wellcomed as premiums, just like there are premium australian planes in the british tree.

The italian tree must remain italian, not this "minor axis nations" nonsense, the axe had 3 main nations, not 2...remember that the axe started as rome-berlin....japan joined later.

Edited by furiosinge
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
medal

50 minutes ago, furiosinge said:

italy has a ton of planes to add, don't be fooled be the pityfull "tree" gaijinreleased, it is far from complete. Thus, there is no need to add other nation stuff as regular planes, but they are wellcomed as premiums, just like there are premium australian planes in the british tree.

The italian tree must remain italian, not this "minor axis nations" nonsense, the axe had 3 main nations, not 2...remember that the axe started as rome-berlin....japan joined later.

Yea, they should remain Italian. Italy has a fk ton of stuff that can be added. The IAR 81c was better suited for the german tt or a minor axis tt.

3 hours ago, Nell_Lucifer said:

Yea, they should remain Italian. Italy has a fk ton of stuff that can be added. The IAR 81c was better suited for the german tt or a minor axis tt.

It's always nice to see pictures but the developers need more information than just old photographs. If the blueprints for the aircraft no longer exists or are inaccessible then how can you expect them to implement such content in the game. The Italians retain a lot of prototypes, reserve worthy aircraft and designs, many players have been very vocal about a no "paper plane" attitude since day 1. If you want the player base to accept these new circumstances to expand the Italian tech tree then you must convince them first. 

medal medal medal

On 27/05/2018 at 19:01, Nell_Lucifer said:

I believe the SM 79B was built fpr italy only as the romanian ones were named JRS 79

no, the JRS79 had the Jumo engines (the "J" stands for it, "R" for Romania and "S" Savoia)

jrs79-6.jpg

Sm79b-i.jpgjust see the different engines

• Confused 1

On 27/05/2018 at 14:32, Nell_Lucifer said:

Sadly only 2 x 7.92 and 2 x 20mm

That's still plenty of firepower. The Fw 190 A-5/U2 has two MG 151/20 and nothing else and is a 4.3 BR, even at that rank that kind of firepower works very well. I imagine the IAR will sit a lot lower in BR, the two 20's will be devastating wherever it ends up.

medal medal medal medal medal

Just now, xF4LC0NxPUNCHx said:

That's still plenty of firepower. The Fw 190 A-5/U2 has two MG 151/20 and nothing else and is a 4.3 BR, even at that rank that kind of firepower works very well. I imagine the IAR will sit a lot lower in BR, the two 20's will be devastating wherever it ends up.

Yeah, it's turn time was pretty much the same as the 109 from a Bf 109 pilot testimony, I still think it should be tier 3 and in the german tt, having a non-captured fighter there.