Type 10 : The Lightweight Heavy Hitter

Do you need this?  

347 members have voted

1. 1. Do you need this?

• Yes !
    • Yes, but its too early now
    • No need for War Thunder absolutely
  2. 2. About add-on armor

• Plain version is without modular armor and its cover (40 tons), and research modification it get modular armor (44.4 tons)
    • Plain version have modular armor (44.4 tons), and research modification it get add-on armor (48 tons)
    • Plain version is without modular armor, and it should have 2 stages of modification
    • No need modifications for add-on armor
    • I voted "No" in the first question.

34 minutes ago, Tasty95215 said:

While this tank won't be added for a long time, if ever, all of this information on it is rather interesting. Does anyone have photos of the Type 10 with the extra armor on?

That photo is not open officially:crying:

Some people  guess Extra Armor adds in covers of side module.

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

type+90+8.jpg

thanks to  @Fireraid233

This document is part of 将来車両装置 research document. (将来車両装置, future vehicle machine is a project name of Type 10 tank.)

I think this is top-secret, but why this document exists?

According to this document, it’s special armor is: 

Type 90

Main gun: 3,095 kg

Ammunition: 938 kg

Auto-loader: 1,228 kg

Machine guns and its ammunitions: 491 kg

Gun and turret drive, FCS, and sights: 953 kg

Basket and others: 432 kg

Engines: 6,321 kg

Fuels: 1,452 kg

Suspension, final transmissions, and tracks: 11,462 kg

Others: 1,347 kg

Vehicle hull: 10,254 kg

Hull special armor: 1,249 kg

Turret: 7,320 kg

Turret special armor: 1,381 kg

Stealth equipment: 0 kg

Others: 2,363 kg

Total: 50,295 kg

Type 10

Main gun: 2,650 kg

Ammunition: 830 kg

Auto-loader: 950 kg

Machine guns and its ammunitions: 490 kg

Gun and turret drive, FCS, and sights: 950 kg

Basket and others: 420 kg

Engines: 4,200 kg

Fuels: 1,320 kg

Suspension, final transmissions, and tracks: 10,050 kg

Others: 1,310 kg

Vehicle hull: 8,970 kg

Hull special armor: 2,680 kg

Turret: 5,460 kg

Turret special armor: 1,940 kg

Stealth equipment: 160 kg

Others: 2,280 kg

Total: 44,416 kg

These sheet says, Type 10 reduce engines and other equipment mass, and get more large “Special Armor”.

• Like 3

Anyone that wants this is completely dumb for one the thing isn't even issues yet fully 2. way too know (2010) and past the cut off date) 3. if you think logically this will open more to stuff t14 armtra,etc which is necessary same with any other nation. type 90  is good enough...

• Confused 2
medal

I'd say yes, but not now. First, Japan should gets its proper Line-ups and more WW2 and Cold war vehicles. Then, when Gaijin is ready to add the 4th Generation, the Type 10 will be welcomed. Since the Type 10 is really fast with acceleration and awesome mobility, I see it as an M18 Super Hellcat or as a speedy supporter vehicle rather than a brawler. I also don't expect accurate armor values since its still classified.

medal medal medal

On 09/07/2018 at 02:12, Vitiate_Tenebrae said:

Anyone that wants this is completely dumb for one the thing isn't even issues yet fully 2. way too know (2010) and past the cut off date) 3. if you think logically this will open more to stuff t14 armtra,etc which is necessary same with any other nation. type 90  is good enough...

Please tell me what cut of date?And of course this

Q: How far will tank tech trees go? Will the T-80 become the ultimate top tier tank or will you go beyond it?
    A: We already said in the past that we're planning to go as far as to add modern (as in currently in-service with major military powers, not the long outdated M1/Challenger 1/T-64B level) tanks, and since we're still keeping true to these words, we will indeed go beyond the T-80

On 11/08/2018 at 05:54, Madlyface955 said:

I'd say yes, but not now. First, Japan should gets its proper Line-ups and more WW2 and Cold war vehicles. Then, when Gaijin is ready to add the 4th Generation, the Type 10 will be welcomed. Since the Type 10 is really fast with acceleration and awesome mobility, I see it as an M18 Super Hellcat or as a speedy supporter vehicle rather than a brawler. I also don't expect accurate armor values since its still classified.

Classified like the Type 90?Gj gave the Type 90 armor from 2A4 and thats all.So if in the future Type 10 make it in game they wil give the armor of 2A5,becasue it is almost the same.....

Edited by wulfalier
  • Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Well apparently Gaijin is going to go full on modern (T-90, M1A2, T-14 etc.) eventually, so this I would say this is almost guaranteed to be implemented eventually.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

We do not have to misunderstand lightweight = weak deffence.

The type 10 is able to deffence completely from own APFSDS in 250mm

There is a evidence.

2a4e369d.png?width=625&height=456

2e594ef9.png?width=519&height=457

2d69b41b.png?width=400&height=147

And in this archive , Details of what the Japanese government and Japanese private companies have contracted on the defense test are stated.

http://web.archive.org/web/20120221150623/http://www.mod.go.jp/trdi/data/info/ny_kenkyu_riku/pdf_ichiran/18-ekimu-zuikei-r-10.pdf#page=13

image.thumb.png.fda100f2c4cd6f10b4abcc3e

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

5 hours ago, wulfalier said:

Could you translate something?Because the same was said about Type 90 and you see what we have in game.

In those document, values about armor was hided.

• Upvote 1

On 08/06/2018 at 00:15, aizenns said:

This document is part of 将来車両装置 research document. (将来車両装置, future vehicle machine is a project name of Type 10 tank.)

I think this is top-secret, but why this document exists?

It was originally given to a handful of people, it ended up being leaked online long ago.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal

I voted no for the first question: I don’t want to see it - but if they do go full modern, we’ll have to see it.

I think though for versions, there should be 2 versions: the plain one, then a separate tank for the modular armor, then add on is a modification for the 2nd one.  Either that or it is a 3rd separate tank.

• Confused 2

22 hours ago, Functor said:

Add a plain version now, with JM33. 

Perhaps when the Leopard 2A5 and T-90A return.

medal

On 08/10/2018 at 17:31, WulfPack said:

Perhaps when the Leopard 2A5 and T-90A return.

Then it does not make sense to arm it with JM33 anymore. 

The whole point is that in a non-modular variant, it may turn out to be even less armoured than type 90 is. Being from 2010 with electronics shut down will not make it any op-er than what we have in top tier now.

I agree though, not the best solution to fill the rank. I will perhaps suggest something else in a a separate thread.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

8 hours ago, MasterBlaster456 said:

What is the penetration of the Type 10 APFSDS?

It's a top secret.

But some researchers says it will same as DM53 (600mm / 2000m)

7 minutes ago, aizenns said:

It's a top secret.

But some researchers says it will same as DM53 (600mm / 2000m)

DM53 does more than that, but specifying the penetration in RHA is outdated, it does relatively poorly against plain steel compared to other rounds.

It's designed completely for composite armour penetration, it's jacketed, segmented with a break-off tip, so according to Rheinmetall's own brochure on the round it can penetrate composite armour equivalent to 1000mm of steel.

Doesn't mean it can penetrate 1000mm of actual steel though.

Anyway, Type 10 APFSDS seems to be some kind of further development from DM43/KEW A1.

So it's unlikely the Type 10 can stop this round from 250m, but atleast it stands more of a chance than the Type 90 does to withstand it's own ammo.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, scavenjer said:

So it's unlikely the Type 10 can stop this round from 250m, but atleast it stands more of a chance than the Type 90 does to withstand it's own ammo.

How is the performance of the DM43?

Edited by WulfPack
medal

31 minutes ago, scavenjer said:

Also though the Type 90 is an extremely nerfed version compared to it’s IRL counterpart, which had a way higher rof and stronger armor than reperesented I believe.

43 minutes ago, aizenns said:

It's a top secret.

(Yet I am called crazy for not wanting to go full modern).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kamikazi21358 said:

(Yet I am called crazy for not wanting to go full modern).

curious fact: Armor of Type 61 tank is Top Secret still now. (In-game armor data is only guess)

Edited by aizenns

22 minutes ago, kamikazi21358 said:

Also though the Type 90 is an extremely nerfed version compared to it’s IRL counterpart, which had a way higher rof and

Isn't it's RoF more or less correct? 

17 minutes ago, aizenns said:

curious fact: Armor of Type 61 tank is Top Secret still now. (In-game armor data is only guess)

Project 24, a Soviet battleship project from the 1940s-1950s, is reportedly still classified as well. :dntknw:

medal

1 hour ago, WulfPack said:

How is the performance of the DM43?

Depends at what velocity you fire it obviously, but it gets close to 700mm of penetration (680mm IIRC) at 60° and 2000m if the MV is 1740m/s.
Ofcourse, we don't know the exact measurements as it's a jacketed rod and those are more difficult to simulate.....

48 minutes ago, kamikazi21358 said:

Also though the Type 90 is an extremely nerfed version compared to it’s IRL counterpart, which had a way higher rof and stronger armor than reperesented I believe.

Yeah.... not really, a lot of info combined pretty much rules out that it did in-fact reach those values that were claimed.
TybL0ixBZbc.thumb.png.990e241018a8cc4c3c
1381kg for the special armour modules in the turret.... compare that to the ~8900kg for the leo 2s composite in the turret.....
Though I haven't been able to find as good of a source as for the Type 90 here.

27 minutes ago, WulfPack said:

Isn't it's RoF more or less correct? 

Supposedly 3s if the gun was aligned with the target and didn't need to move between reloads and 5s if it did have to move.
No idea if that's correct.

4 minutes ago, scavenjer said:

1381kg for the special armour modules in the turret.... compare that to the ~8900kg for the leo 2s composite in the turret.....

Type 10 designed to compensate its module composite armor on the turret

90TP.jpg 

Remove turret armor for transport

10TK_3.jpg

Add armor

1 minute ago, aizenns said:

Type 10 designed to compensate its module composite armor on the turret

Yeah, supposedly more armour than the Type 90 despite being lighter overall, also what's with the two pictures?....

7 minutes ago, scavenjer said:

Yeah, supposedly more armour than the Type 90 despite being lighter overall, also what's with the two pictures?....

I want to show add/remove armor.