maddy83

Hurricanes in rank 0-1 games

Hi, I noticed that even as I play with rank 2-3, the match making put me with planes rank 4 or 5. So I guess, when there is not enough players for rank 0-1 or 2-3 it could give you players with lower/higher rank.

• Upvote 1
medal medal

It has been that way since I started playing. I was told this was work in progress and the matchmaking is not always accurate. I have seen 5's in my 0-1 games and yes.... they have all the kills. My advice is to find those planes and try to use multiple planes to take them down ASAP if you can. One 5 cannot usually take on 2-3 lower planes unless his boom and zoom is too fast. Even in a free plane the turning rate is far quicker than most other tiers in the game. Good Luck

To answer both of you: When the amount of players on a given server is low (only a couple thousand say) the match maker doesn't have enough people to make full "same tier" games so it mashes everyone together.  Can be quite unfortunate sometimes. 

MM believes reserve, 0, 1 and 2 are all the same. Thought that was common knowledge by now, happens since the start of 1.29

Hurricanes in rank 0-1 games wouldn't be too much of a problem. Il-2s, SB-2Ms, P-40s, LaGG-3s, Spitifres, Wildcats, etc are the problem. Likewise, I want to take my Hurricanes and Spitfire Mk.1 into a game, it's full of Airacobras and Yaks (and maybe some poor person in a gladiator).

Don't tell me "it's low server population" - I see 40-50 people queueing at rank 4-5 at the same time as me and it still won't balance the teams properly, but it only takes 2 seconds to put me into a game. I'll happily wait 30 times that long if it means the match is balanced.

Edit: I've been the guy with the spitfire in a game full of biplanes, too. It was funny. Once. I'm pretty sure I'd be less happy to be the high-rank guy every time because it's not really much fun.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, the matchmaker is probably the oldest controversy in WT. We're all gonna have to live with it until the game is more fully developed. It is a little better and more consistent than it used to be.

medal medal

Well if you can't shoot down tier 2's in your reserve and tier 1's...I wouldn't even bother to move up the ranks.

Well if you can't shoot down tier 2's in your reserve and tier 1's...I wouldn't even bother to move up the ranks.

Fully agree. A few levels more don't matter. And level 0-3 are always mixed anyways. However, if I face a Yak-9T with my Hurricane Mk I, I feel a little bit challenged. Just a bit of course.  :crazy:

But as always said: Don't go after the easiest target, go for the biggest threat!

medal

Fully agree. A few levels more don't matter. And level 0-3 are always mixed anyways. However, if I face a Yak-9T with my Hurricane Mk I, I feel a little bit challenged. Just a bit of course.  :crazy:

But as always said: Don't go after the easiest target, go for the biggest threat!

I'd lay bets that these two posters are flying those Hurricanes against those low tiers. Just saying.

medal medal medal medal

Hurricanes dont really bother my reserve planes unless they get first strike (i wasnt paying attention). Having to fight up to rank 7 planes in my biplanes is a problem. I have shot down a few, But i really shouldnt have to fight typhoons, aircobras,s 109s, and beaufighters in my reserve biplanes.....

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

Mate once bursted a weird thing flying past him at insane speed with one of the Italian Lolplanes and actually got the kill.

Turned out it was a ME163 and got him the "kill a plane 10+ ranks above you" award.

We had joined with a lvl5 lobby.....

Matchmaker. :facepalm:

medal

A hurricane in a 0-1 battle? One tier and it gets its own thread? Shoot it down and then he won't have it anymore! It's only one plane from the next bracket up and a reserve plane's bullets will put a hurricane in the dirt about as well as any other plane's.

I don't know why these threads keep coming up.

Honestly guys, with the new DM you could take down a flying fortress in a peashooter....so do it.

That's not the problem. Here are a few screenshots from my rank 0/1 games this morning - all games joined less than 5 seconds after I queued.

Ki-49 and B-25: http://i.imgur.com/ti62qLv.jpg

Yak-9t, Ki-45: http://i.imgur.com/OXaEWqA.jpg
La-5 and some Bf.109s, and Typhooon: http://i.imgur.com/S9cdaNs.jpg
The inevitable result (yeah, an La-5 will totally kill an I-15, who would have thought?): http://i.imgur.com/OMhQXJT.jpg

And don't tell me to rank up. I'm rank 13 in 2 nations, 12, 11, and 8 in the others. If I fly my rank 12 stuff, it just gets thrown up against MiG-15s and Sabres and the results are the same. Occasionally I'll be the dude in the Fw-190 in the biplane game, but that sucks too because there's no way I'm making lions/xp there...

Get in your Russian reserves and chaika and wreck them

Exactly THIS! The Tier 1 Chaika is most propably one of the most succesful planes ingame. 

Even a german Falco - and the germans are pretty unprivileged on low tiers - can kill a Tier 2-3 plane like a Hurricane easily, if the pilot knows what he does.

medal

I'd lay bets that these two posters are flying those Hurricanes against those low tiers. Just saying.

Nice comment, but you're wrong, the Hayabusa, SU2/BB1, P36A and CR42 Falco are quickly superior to a Hurricane. 8 MG's means nothing if you can't point them at the enemy. Chaika, well...nah I'd rather bomb stuff with my russians, 12x50kg is just plain evil at tier 2.

Don't forget the Tier 1 Buffalo and Gladiator. Heck, even a japanese A5M4, with its light armament is a pretty nasty thing hanging at your six, because they are able to stick there forever.

My personal rule is: Never turn with these nasty little things, if you are not sitting in one of the best turnfighters of the game.

Well, the OP is correct, that it is rather easy for a Tier 3-5 BnZ to kill the weaker armored Biplanes and Tier 1 planes in just one dive. But vice versa, if this Biplane sees the BnZ coming, it is very easy for him to dodge the attack and keep on doing their business.

medal

ranks dosent matter that much, doubt real pilots flying bad planes complained it was unfair^^ reserve planes are problay the most op planes in game.

Hello,

thanks for the responses.

I want to clarify the intent of my post. I did not mean that Hurricane specifically would be much more powerful than rank 0-1 planes, or that I couldn't kill a Hurricane with a rank 0-1 plane. I was wondering why ANY rank 2 (or above) plane appears in a 0-1 rank match.

I also did not say it is unbalanced or unfair in any way. I just did not understand how the match making system works. I assumed that the "rank groups" are what are stated in the "waiting to join a game" screen. For example 0-1, 2-3, 4-5, 5-6 and so on. So I found it strange that I kept seeing rank 2 planes when I only expected planes from ranks 0 and 1.

I do not want to comment on whether the system itself should be changed or not, but it would be more clear for the player if the match making mechanics would be stated more clearly. I think currently the "waiting to join a game" screen is a bit misleading.

See you all in the skies.