Sign in to follow this  
FlanChan

Why Is B-29/Tu-4 Repair Cost So High?

Just curious...

50k+ Silver Lions in Realistic Battle seems unfair, especially because of the enemy planes it faces... what do you guys think? I presume it's so high because it has such high potential to earn... maybe it's meant to be risk/reward?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal

24 minutes ago, FlanChan said:

Just curious...

50k+ Silver Lions in Realistic Battle seems unfair, especially because of the enemy planes it faces... what do you guys think? I presume it's so high because it has such high potential to earn... maybe it's meant to be risk/reward?

My opinion is, so that it will discourage players from spamming those beasts every chance they get, and throw the battle out of whack...imagine having 10 B29s or TU's all at once in a single game:016:

Edited by Oldtimer1955
  • Haha 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Well high BR and having a high repair is a deterrent so it won't be spammed so much and plus no one really likes bombers (especially the ace pilots) so mostly most of them has pretty high repairs bill, AF mode is mostly a fighter slaughter fest mode and nothing else playing as bombers is not that rewarding as it makes it to be probably in AB bombers might still be good especially the Tumor 4 because of its 23mm defensive armament or SB probably, and there's no such thing as high risk reward in bombers not unless you will be able to survive till you bomb the crap out of the enemy airfield other than that they are useless addition not until gaijin reworked the game modes on AF.

Edited by NeptuneEXE
medal medal

1 hour ago, Oldtimer1955 said:

My opinion is, so that it will discourage players from spamming those beasts every chance they get, and throw the battle out of whack...imagine having 10 B29s or TU's all at once in a single game:016:

Which is pretty much what happened right after the Tu-4 was introduced...   so it's not a hypothetical situation!!

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

8 hours ago, Oldtimer1955 said:

But that was changed a while back. Only four bombers per team. 

Long story short- GJ introduces a new vehicle into the game without taking into consideration what impact it may have on the game. Then the solution (for GJ) is to raise said vehicles repair costs to ridiculous levels. So the company spends all those man hours developing a vehicle, that players called for, only to waste that time in making it a hanger museum. And on top of that, pissing off the playing community that wanted it in the first place. 

The forum is full of threads that discuss changes to Air that would include all types of aircraft, not just fighters. But as long as GJ keeps Air as a simple TDM style game, repair costs will be the only thing they will mess with.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
medal

Maybe, but for some reason I have no problem making SL with my b29.

which I don’t fly much, but if I do it usually gets me SL, unless I get into a match against R2Y2s, that’s another topic though.

medal

if you are running a premium account you might still be able to fly the b-29 if not it is impossible. brief example. norway i bombed 2 strats then dropped 4k on the airfield. got shot down yet we won the battle. now the math. 40k earned repair and ammo reload 62k = -22k. and that is if you win the battle. not gotten shot down it woulda been +38k. this means if you got a 50% win ratio on this plane you will constantly lose sl without a premium account implying losing allmost allways means you lose your plane. in short you wanna fly the b-29 you need a premium account and this is what i think gaijin is aiming at. one can only hope that as interst in the game is dropping giajin will debate this decision but in way unlikely to happen.

neptune the only way to fly this plane at the moment is a 4 ppl squad where you can be sure to take out the enemy airfield and wont have to return to land and reload. so the result of this change is the opposite if you are smart.

medal medal

Sign in to follow this