Sign in to follow this  
HeLeX_Croat

CDK - Custom Mission Carrier Take-off problem

I just created my own Pearl Harbor mission, where I would launch from one of 5 Japanese carriers within a task force fleet, fly to Island and bomb the anchored ships whilst under heavy flak AA fire.

I noticed that the carrier is graphically limited to displaying 4 aircraft that would take off, followed by a new set of 4 appearing, and taking off. (I have set each carrier or player with 16 bombers). Great. So they would fly towards the enemy fleet but they will hover about 2000 metres above and not actually attack.

Ok, so I added in the trigger and condition to attack all ships which I combined into a single enemy squad. Here is the problem. Only 4 planes will take off per carrier and the other remaining 12 will not. So only a total of 20 planes will have launched. Removing the attack enemy ship trigger fixes it, whereby all 80 planes would have taken off, but they wont attack at all.

Any help please ?

Edited by HeLeX_Croat

15 hours ago, Deciman said:

have you tried to let them take off first (what seem to work for all 80 bombers)
and then activale a further trigger telling them to attack when they are all airborne?

Deci

No I haven't actually. But somehow its fixed. I changed the attack trigger function to initMission and it worked.

I now have another odd problem. All planes attack and drop off their bomb loads, but after this, they fly high and hover over the cloud of Flak AA without being able to return fire, as if they can't reload their bomb armament..  Is there a way the AI can reload their bombs and attack again ???

6 hours ago, HeLeX_Croat said:

No I haven't actually. But somehow its fixed. I changed the attack trigger function to initMission and it worked.

I now have another odd problem. All planes attack and drop off their bomb loads, but after this, they fly high and hover over the cloud of Flak AA without being able to return fire, as if they can't reload their bomb armament..  Is there a way the AI can reload their bombs and attack again ???

You can use a unitRestore trigger to reload thier weapons.

medal medal medal medal

On 5/15/2018 at 1:05 AM, Flame2512 said:

You can use a unitRestore trigger to reload thier weapons.

Thanks. It seemed to work for my squadron only, i.e. the group of AI that spawn on my indicator. (green ally indicator).

Though the other squadrons that I separated for each carrier take off (ones highlighted blue as your ally) do not reload their bombs. This is after I put the trigger/condition to reload weapons

Sign in to follow this