Stona

Server update 08.05.2018

Lor_0964d1ce7f941df51a14af3a9fa3e1b8.jpg

Lorraine 155 - The following parameters have been specified and corrected:

• Maximum speed has been changed from 60 to 55 km/h
  • Engine power has been changed from 685 hp (3000 rpm) to 450 hp (2500 rpm).
  • The weight has been changed from 30 ton to 28 tonnes.
  • The ammunition lager for the 155mm cannon has been changed from 28 to 30 shells.
  • The ammunition lager for the 20mm automatic cannon has been changed from 250 to 400 rounds.
  • Vertical elevation angles of the 20mm cannon have been changed from -8/+20 to -8/+45 degrees.
  • Vertical elevation angles of the 155mm cannon has been changed from 0/45 to -5/+67 degrees.
  • Horizontal elevation angles of the 155mm cannon has been changed from -12/+12 to -20/+20 degrees.
  • Armour, in mm:
    • Hull front:  30 ->16
    • Turret front: 30 ->16
    • Side of the hull and turret: 20 ->16
    • Rear of the hull and turret: 20->10

Source: Swedish Test of the French Lorraine 155 50 (prototype 1a), August 1950.

The current provided changelog reflects the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates, additions and fixes may not be listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving and specific fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

• Like 5

Mmhm

Spoiler

oFHWOiN.jpg

Talbot-motorn avses i detta bandlavettage ersättas av motorn Maybach HL 230, som ger en effekt av 650 hk vid 2500 varv/min. Dessutom är under byggnad för närvarande en andra prototyp, som är försedd med denna Maybach HL 230 och en kraftöverföring typ Merritt Brown.

"The Talbot engine referred to in this bandlavettage (document) is replaced by the Maybach HL 230 engine, which produces 650 hp power at 2500 rpm. In addition, under construction is currently a second prototype, which is equipped with this Maybach HL 230 and a power transmission type Merritt Brown."

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Roshindow said:

Mmhm

A more accurate translation would be is to be replaced by the Maybach HL 230, meaning it has not yet been done.

Anyway glad my docs were of help, its good to see WT take historical accuracy seriously. Potentially there is more stuff that i could help fix as well, but we will see.
aI15Swc.jpg

• Upvote 1
medal medal

3 hours ago, Roshindow said:

Mmhm

Hide contents

oFHWOiN.jpg

3 hours ago, Roshindow said:

Talbot-motorn avses i detta bandlavettage ersättas av motorn Maybach HL 230, som ger en effekt av 650 hk vid 2500 varv/min. Dessutom är under byggnad för närvarande en andra prototyp, som är försedd med denna Maybach HL 230 och en kraftöverföring typ Merritt Brown.

"The Talbot engine referred to in this bandlavettage (document) is replaced by the Maybach HL 230 engine, which produces 650 hp power at 2500 rpm. In addition, under construction is currently a second prototype, which is equipped with this Maybach HL 230 and a power transmission type Merritt Brown."

why even change the the 650Hp to 450hp when they were given proper translation and says in the document itself it was going to be replaced

Edited by Talks
medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Talks said:

why even change the the 650Hp to 450hp when they were given proper translation and says in the document itself it was going to be replaced

maybe the conversion never happened? playing it safe I guess

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Talks said:

Going to is not the same as defiantly was. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Smin1080p said:

Going to is not the same as defiantly was. 

Any confirmation on the missing ammo and assistant driver?

24 minutes ago, *Le_Mofoman said:

Any confirmation on the missing ammo and assistant driver?

Could you link me to the bug reports please?

18 minutes ago, Smin1080p said:

Could you link me to the bug reports please?

Given that the documents are Swedish, just like the reports used for the recent changes, it would be nice for them to be included as well.

Edited by *Le_Mofoman

oFHWOiN.jpg

Talbot-motorn avses i detta bandlavettage ersättas av motorn Maybach HL 230, som ger en effekt av 650 hk vid 2500 varv/min.

Dessutom är under byggnad för närvarande en andra prototyp, som är försedd med denna Maybach HL 230 och en kraftöverföring typ Merritt Brown.

"The Talbot engine referred to in this bandlavettage (document) is replaced by the Maybach HL 230 engine, which produces 650 hp power at 2500 rpm.

In addition, under construction is currently a second prototype, which is equipped with this Maybach HL 230 and a power transmission type Merritt Brown."

medal medal medal medal medal

The hardest part for me, having submitted so many bug reports (of equal or greater importance to other vehicles) is seeing that they have yet to be implemented but they were confirmed *cough* *cough* my loadout updates for american A20G and A36. yall finally added the 50 cal cannon pods that I bug reported. many hours were spent and I dug up the original patent for that and it was only added after many many months. Yet, I saw the bug report for this Lorain last week and its already fixed to save face cuz it was a new vehicle idk :( . I have submitted so many for other great planes (Rip planes in TankThunder). Im sad :( . There were so many errors with the lorain that I am unsure what grounds were used in the first place and you fixed them instantly which i am proud of because you guys make it historical, thats what I love and thats why I bug report, to give back to you guys for all the hard work. I appreciate everything you put in but instead of new content for a month or two please can we fix what we have, some flight models are ancient and so many bug reports stand having been accepted years, yes yearssssss i have waited for my A20 aditional bomb racks and torpedoes and A36 m10 bazooka launchers and torpedoes and other bombs for other planes to make them fresh and competitive again. why not fix the other great planes with equivalent bug reports. plz planes, work on them. give them love. 

Edited by AgentJamesBond
medal

Good news to see this thing fixed, but now that it has so little armor that APHE fuses will regularly not detonate if shot pretty much anywhere, shouldn't this thing be given hull break?

At its own BR the enemies it will face have fuses usually 20mm in sensitivity, as France very rarely fights Russia with 10-15mm fuses. And then fuse sensitivities get bigger with larger-caliber guns.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

17 hours ago, Talks said:

You got it all backwards. They replaced the 450hp engine with a stronger 650hp engine

On 5/8/2018 at 6:07 PM, Sp15 said:

A more accurate translation would be is to be replaced by the Maybach HL 230, meaning it has not yet been done.

Anyway glad my docs were of help, its good to see WT take historical accuracy seriously. Potentially there is more stuff that i could help fix as well, but we will see.
aI15Swc.jpg

Correct.
"Avses" means "intended to", so the prototype they were testing was not equipped with that engine yet.

On 5/8/2018 at 6:46 PM, Talks said:

Because what we're getting is the prototype that the Swedes tested, not whatever the French intended to do with it later (because documentation on that is lacking)

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Armour, in mm:

• Hull front:  30 ->16
  • Turret front: 30 ->16
  • Side of the hull and turret: 20 ->16
  • Rear of the hull and turret: 20->10

Actually... the report i found when using google. said that rear of the hull also was 16mm. and the whole turret was 10mm

5uqZBdq.jpg

On Tuesday, May 08, 2018 at 11:26 PM, *Le_Mofoman said:

Given that the documents are Swedish, just like the reports used for the recent changes, it would be nice for them to be included as well.

That Shell OE56 is one of the main shell of the Lorraine 155 MLE.50 which description matches the with the one in Swedish report.

medal medal medal medal