OrsonES

[Competition] Art Contest - winners

livecomp.png

Dear players and Fine Arts experts!

After reviewing the entries of our newest Art Challenge competition, we are now happy to announce the winners! As always, a lot of effort has been put into the content that was created. The volume of participant did not help to make this matter any easier, but it has filled us all with great happiness - Every single one of you should be proud for your contribution: You're helping to expand the influence of the Artistic side of the War Thunder community and proving how talented it is!

Interested in joining any of the competitions below yourself? Then don't waste any time and visit the forums for more information!

Winners of Pencil and Paper artwork category

1st place - 4 000 itemType_eagles_ALT.png
Prelude+in+G+Major+Fin.jpg
Creator: MinR
2nd place - 3 000 itemType_eagles_ALT.png
Creator: Dugout_Doug
3rd place - 2 000  itemType_eagles_ALT.png
1478610028362-small.png
Creator: Nomadic_Warrior

3rd place - 2 000 itemType_eagles_ALT.png
Creator: kretobojca

Winners of Digital Artwork category

1st place - 4 000 itemType_eagles_ALT.png
Creator: phial
2nd place - 3 000 itemType_eagles_ALT.png
Red+Invasion.png
Creator: *HAWAIIAN_WARIOR
3rd place - 2 000  itemType_eagles_ALT.png
1478610028362-small.png
Creator: teo_storm1

3rd place - 2 000 itemType_eagles_ALT.png
Red+Invasion.png
Creator: StRiKinG

Runner up: Running_Back

Well done and keep up the good work guys!

You can find more interesting content from our players on our
Live.WT site and in our Media section!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Sadly guys as interest in this competition was not high enough we decided to stop it for now, maybe we will replace it with something new but that i cant promise.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

great job to all who won you all did amazing work!

i very much enjoy the contest every time it comes on i always learn a lot from it. i love seeing other peoples work and their different styles 

this is like my 7th artchallenge and i have loved every one, i am very sad to see it go but i fully understand why :( no one is interested in it any more

Edited by killerjab
medal medal

13 hours ago, StRiKinG said:

How can we have two 3rd places? And why reward is different?

Corrected ;)

Well, I can understand that due to the low number of people participating, the art challenge will be cancelled, but too bad...

As for the skin challenge, maybe it would be fine to make prizes more attractive (choice for premium vehicules for example..), and/or assign longer delay for the comp ? (I feel like for skin challenge, 1 competition/month would be fine..)

Another way should be to remunerate all partipants with some GE ?

Anyway, I feel sad that those intersting competitions are stopped ...

medal medal medal

On 5/4/2018 at 2:05 PM, OrsonES said:

Sadly guys as interest in this competition was not high enough we decided to stop it for now, maybe we will replace it with something new but that i cant promise.

Well, maybe you should promote it on Live WT, it is #11 and the 1st one I find out about (and participated). IMHO, number of  drawings on Live WT is increasing rapidly. I'm sure more would join competition if it was announced.  o7

medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 5/19/2018 at 5:54 AM, Dugout_Doug said:

Hey! I'd hate to be a nuisance but i, and from what ive read others, haven't received the GE prize yet if there something i should know? would be nice to at least get a timestamp as to when ill get it

i havent gotten mine as well 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Thanks for your support! love you all!  Perhaps we can make some model-building contest. As far as i know lots of players collect scale model. We need to find a way to prove that they are the true builder and may be use a vote system to find the winner.

medal

Not sure if I'm necro'ing here (just saw that they are discontinuing the Art Contest); but here are some thoughts regarding why the Art Contest has low participation.

1) The competition simply isn't visible enough.  In the past, the announcement of the art contests were posted directly on the game launcher, or were quickly (or easily) accessible via general channels; now, one has to scroll all the way down to the Events & Contests panel before one even knows of this contest's existence (provided it doesn't already get buried under the other competitions).  I participated in the 10th Art Contest because I already knew of the contest's existence; given how it seems that many of the contestants are consecutive participants (lack of new participants), as well as a lack of general awareness in-game (despite winning first place in a previous contest, no one ever recognized me in-game aside from my closest friends), it is reasonable to conclude that part of the issue is simply that the news is not getting out there.  

2) The rewards are simply too low.  I'm sure this has been brought up before, but with the max grand prize only being set to 4k GE while anyone who wins a spot onto the biweekly Thunder Show easily earns 5k kind of shows where Gaijin's mouth really is.  I say easily not to insult the skill of the the players featured on Thunder Show, but rather to point out the simple difference in cost in sending what is at best a glorified fragmovie, versus drawing and making something from scratch.  If I remember correctly, Gajin used to host the Golden Snail Awards (for in-game machinima films), with a whopping 20k GE award for first place.  That's an incentive.

3) The average quality of the submissions (as well as the judges' selections) make the art contests nowadays a bit of a joke.   Most of the submissions are comprised of younger members who have very little (if not minimal) artistic expertise, or worse, simple trolls looking to make an easy buck.  A good piece of art requires not only time to create, but also time and effort to foster the skill needed to create said piece, and when it comes to the level of quality and artistic workmanship that Gaijin is probably looking for, most artists who would join (by this point aren't even looking for a financial reward) would probably be turned off by the lack of respect or recognition that this contest would give.  Chances are, they'll probably figure the incentives for submitting something to Thunder Show is simply so much better. 

tl;dr, interest for the competition is low because too few people know about it, and the rewards don't justify the work or effort.  

medal medal medal medal