AA its to overpowered for ships

MrKawaii_101

so i test out the naval force today and i got something not right about the AA. i play the terpedo plane  and in range 3-4km from the ships i got AA fire at me very accurate at alt 2000m and i try to torp the ships its very hard. cuz the AA will focus on you and you have no way to comeback and the ships will get 100% kill if the plane at 500 meter range if i drop torp at 500 meter range the ships will very ez to dogde the trop by turning the other way

so maybe you can neft the AA A.I like the air RB did so player must use the manual control to kill in that way

thanks for the test of naval force

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

I actually got into the naval beta just to fly planes.  I love it.  The AA is strong on these ships and if you fly into their bubble they will make quick work of you for sure.  The key is to not fly into that bubble.  You need to come in low, use the islands for cover. Keep as few guns firing on you as possible.  I don't think this is a matter of them being too accurate but just not having enough to shoot at.  My best run as a torp plane,(SB2C) had me sink 4 ships with torpedoes.  I would drop the torpedo from behind an island or would hop over an island at a slight bank and drop the torpedo mid turn so I can pull back and duck over the island again before too much lead came my way.  

As soon as I would spawn in, I would be diving and staying between 10-50m above sea level. I wish they gave us more plane spawns and made them cheaper to spawn so I could do more testing more frequently but from what I can see, ship AA is not so bad that its unbeatable. You just need to play real smart when going head on with 15+ guns.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 7
medal medal medal medal

No offence but AA is only overpowered if you don't fly well. Absolutely do not agree on making it manual, this is NAVAL forces, I don't want to deal with planes in a manual capacity and shooting at ships when both are in the picture. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 6
medal medal medal

Imho AA is quite well balanced. I got shot only in case i was flying straight, which you definitely aren't not supposed to do when ships are near.

medal medal medal

The AA on ships we have now are on top lvl crew,so they are deadly,when we will have open beta those AA will be weaker.

Effective range of 25-40mm cannons was 3-7km and of course when you are closer to the ship then there is a bigger chance that you will be shot down.....Or you just want to drop torpedo on the deck of a ship and fly away without harm?

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

When I was testing I only managed to bomb out a cruiser a few times, generally staying up high helped.

I can't speak for rather for Dive bombing/torpedo'ing as I never got given a plane that could do either of those in my testing.

AA did feel a bit too strong but that was because I was in large slow bombers

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 3 weeks later...

TBH i still think naval AA should only work when directly controlled like with defensive aircraft weapons. sure the accuracy may be because of max level crew but since you can just prioritize naval targets the AI will just open up on PT boats.

• Haha 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/05/2018 at 05:09, MrKawaii_101 said:

so i test out the naval force today and i got something not right about the AA. i play the terpedo plane  and in range 3-4km from the ships i got AA fire at me very accurate at alt 2000m and i try to torp the ships its very hard. cuz the AA will focus on you and you have no way to comeback and the ships will get 100% kill if the plane at 500 meter range if i drop torp at 500 meter range the ships will very ez to dogde the trop by turning the other way

so maybe you can neft the AA A.I like the air RB did so player must use the manual control to kill in that way

In WW2, warships destroyed planes like insects, only one aircraft has no hope against an entire AA battery of a warship, so really nothing strange in this

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 08/06/2018 at 21:47, Maverick966 said:

In WW2, warships destroyed planes like insects, only one aircraft has no hope against an entire AA battery of a warship, so really nothing strange in this

Sure... fate of Bismarck confirmed your words...

:DD

medal medal medal

Planes sinking Players in ships , Players wich are Play because they want ship to ship Combat … 

People will like it to be xp pinatas i am sure .

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

On 08/06/2018 at 15:47, Maverick966 said:

Sure, but we aren't able to take mass formations of aircraft against a single warship in this game so there has to be some degree of balancing to make it possible for a player in a torpedo or dive bomber to actually threaten a warship.

medal medal medal medal medal

I feel the AA is fine you can still kill plenty with aircraft just got to be clever about it. As for torpedoing that was the most dangerous task for aircraft to take on many would get shot down. As for the Manual suggestion hell no. you just want to hop in aircraft and own the ocean. It's fine and easy avoid getting shot so long as you pick your targets carefully and don't direct on a ship that is trying to light you up.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 30/04/2018 at 22:09, MrKawaii_101 said:

if you're dropping torps from 500 meters from a plane... you're doing it wrong.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal

Personally, I have never seen AI on ships hit any planes or boat if its not maxed crew!

• Haha 1

On 09/06/2018 at 05:47, Maverick966 said:

But this is a game not real life where you have 30 fighter bombers attacking a single ship.

So why does the ship have AA crews that fire godlike accuracy automatically. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 minutes ago, DaffanZ said:

But this is a game not real life where you have 30 fighter bombers attacking a single ship.

So why does the ship have AA crews that fire godlike accuracy automatically. 

Well, S-38b AAA gunner never hits anything or fires when it should fire by my experience on boats AI gunners never score hits if they are not fully maxed! Too many times AI gunners also fire targets that do not exist or try to shoot throught  islands!

this is separate addon for my post but Bofors 40mm should have reload after every 4 rounds and it does not have currently so it can fire away without reloading. Loader needs to add new clip after every 4 rounds!

the loader still does his job while the gun is firing

with a couple of hours practise you can keep up with the gun easily for 30-40 rounds

its the letter rack that tends to fall behind ( there are 5 clips stored in a letter rack shaped ready use storage next to the loader,  these are resupplied by a team  filling them back up  as they are used .. the loader just slides each clip out and drops it into the gun mag )

i  have never fired one in war time with that incentive to go much faster but even with just the low priority training for the weapon on a gunnery course we all managed to do it without problems

we also only had 2 supplying the letter rack but im pretty sure in action they had 4-5 doing it

medal

Ship AA isn't overpowered in the slightest.

German 37mm has a ROF of 30 a minute, hilariously slow, and if you get within 20mm range, you're running a risk by default.

The only super powerful AA ingame currently is the premium US destroyer, which is loaded with the very powerful 40mm bofors.

12 hours ago, Keijo_Kalmakoura said:

this is separate addon for my post but Bofors 40mm should have reload after every 4 rounds and it does not have currently so it can fire away without reloading. Loader needs to add new clip after every 4 rounds!

Bofors mags are constucted in clips that you can put on currently used clip  and continue firing, only limit is ready ammunition, as opposed to magazine operated autocannons like Japan 25mm or single round like German 37mm

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal