DisconnecT83

Update 28.04.2018 (1.77.2.149)

DevBlog_6923364eaf319294fa2334ebe141b111

Sound

• A number of problems related to the interruption of certain sounds during battles involving a large number of players have been fixed.
  • The volume of explosions from aircraft striking the ground, and bombs, has been increased. 
  • The volume at which bombs whistle while falling has been increased. 
  • The volume of both allied and enemy aircraft weaponry has been increased.
  • Client Stability has been improved.

The current provided changelog reflects the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates, additions and fixes may not be listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving and specific fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

Let me tell you first that I absolutely love the new sounds and how they make you feel the battlefield more intensively both in the air but especially on the ground with planes above you.

Any work and improvement on that I absolutely love as well :good:

medal medal medal medal

Hopefully this will kill off the stealth bomb drops! The longer whistle should give us time to get the hell outta dodge. :D

Please look into the suicide dives and the following tank damage caused by such gameplay, maybe a penalty for doing so or bombs not activating at a extremely low altitude.

Keep up the good work tho.

8 hours ago, DisconnecT83 said:

The volume of explosions from aircraft striking the ground, and bombs, has been increased. 

Ow no, XD this will ether be funny or deafening, i do however love the sounds of aircraft on the ground,

medal medal medal medal medal

Must've missed it but T18E2 "Boarhound" Heavy scout car's ability to scout was also removed this update.

It is now the only Rank II light tank without those abilities.

Edited by Communist_Satan

*Shibiwan (Posted )

Please open a bug report for this if it has not already been opened.
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

15 hours ago, DisconnecT83 said:

A number of problems related to the interruption of certain sounds during battles involving a large number of players have been fixed.

A BIG THANK YOU!!! to Gaijin's sound crew for staying on these bugs and for making so many sounds adjustments in so many patches!

Also, I feel the hotly contested [other plane's volume as heard in sim aircraft cockpit] has been resolved nicely-potential for volume sliders exploit finally fixed after two years. This is a very big deal for Sim pilots.

Lastly, virtual surround 7.1 in headset finally has accurate object locations. Awesome-thank you!

14 hours ago, EricH1983 said:

Hopefully this will kill off the stealth bomb drops! The longer whistle should give us time to get the hell outta dodge. :D

Please look into the suicide dives and the following tank damage caused by such gameplay, maybe a penalty for doing so or bombs not activating at a extremely low altitude.

Keep up the good work tho.

I've got an idea, if someone suicide bombs you when you're in a tank, you should get the aircraft kill for the attacker as you caused them to crash into the ground.

• Like 2
medal medal

The game is working a lot better and the sound makes it much more immersive. Definitely a good improvement. 

The support here is lightyears ahead of World of Tanks. 

medal medal

The volume adjustment is a definite improvement, but I don't think it's completely fixed. Anyone else noticing more stealth bombs after this update? I had a few occasions when I got blown up in the last couple of days. I gotta remember to save the game clips...

Yeah game sounds are always a small touch but very effective one to make a game realistic and somewhat enjoyable compare to unrealistic sounds

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal