FawnPrince

Make your vehicle even more unique! Improved Customization system

What is your opinion about improving the customization system?  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the actual customization system in War Thunder?

• Yes, and I want to see more!
    • Yes
    • No
  2. 2. What point(s) of the subject below would you like to see in game?

• Add-on Armour (Sandbags, Wood, Rubber, Concrete...)
    • Camouflage (Camo net, Improved branches' model)
    • Weapon Related (Weapon magazines, Barrels, Crates...)
    • Tank Maintenance (Extra logs, Heavy tools, Parts of your tank)
    • Fabrics (Flags, Covers)
    • Decals (Geometrical Shapes...)
    • Slots (More Slots For More Customization)
    • None
  3. 3. Would you like to see this feature in War thunder in the future?

• Definitely yes!
    • Yes, but some points have to be modified (And why?)
    • No

Hello everyone. You might not know me, considering it is my first post. Though, I have an idea that could greatly change the customization for tankers. I have seen that some people have already talked about this subject but not exactly bearing the same idea. See the article “Vehicle customization” dealing with all made skins. (I'm not going to talk about this today)

I greatly appreciate the customization system in War Thunder. I think it is one of the features that keeps me from quitting at some times. The fact you can make your tank unique with your own creativity makes me love my tanks even more and never give them up. I feel like it gives them a personality and a story behind each customization piece. In the past few weeks, I have studied and made some research to present you this idea I hope you will enjoy.

We should all agree that War Thunder is trying to be the most historically precise as possible . To get further into this mood (and also the paying mood recently) I would propose a more developed way to customize your tank with basic decals and improvised add-on armor. I also thought about adding (buyable/unlockable) slots for decorations and decals on your vehicle instead of just paying premium that won't last forever.

1. Add-on armor

Obviously, when your tank has little to no armor, having some extra armor is not a bad deal. I know we already have add-on armor in the game (tracks / metal panels / ERA) . However, Historically, there were way more improvised ways to keep your tank alive and you could put them almost everywhere on your tank. During WW2, the use of sandbags, logs or concrete was more or less frequent. And then, during the cold war era, some tanks would receive sheets of rubber. Ideally, placing them by yourself / choosing a predefined spot would be better in my opinion than going into the modifications and let the game do the job, making your tank not so personalized.

5adf79015f02d_1-Thet-34-85usedduringthebTires.jpg.0a0d1a9f408b976d3143bb82bf30da271719468_Rubberm36.jpg.ffb0d6ea8fc5dc2c1724702858_Concretesherman.jpg.cbb087dfd

A T-34/85 Used during the Bosnian war (1992-1995)  A BMP-1 with tires, desperately trying to absorb modern shaped-charges. A Serbian Jackson. And a M4 with concrete.

It sure has not so much effect, even some times, the opposite effect happens1, but it adds this unique look to the vehicle.

Haters are going to say that this feature is “pay to win” but bushes have a more dramatic effect on your tank.

2. Camouflage

Bushes are great to make cancerous plays. OK. However, I would appreciate some more realistic ones because the ones we have in the game are pancakes stuck to the vehicle with magical bullet-proof glue. So, some live branches from trees and, able to fall off your tank if they get hit by a bullet (like the ERA) would be so much more realistic and more in a decorative initiative.

PS : I'm not asking to remove the actual bushes, I don't want to get roasted. This is another subject to debate I am not going into

Busehes.thumb.jpg.8135ec75ed800eb1919a6e

The crew covering the tank of branches in the movie White Tiger

What about camouflage nets? They are a great alternative to the camouflage we already have in game right now and is historical. Plus, if the gun could be concealable, it would really get realistic. We could also consider the different styles of camo net (torn up fabric of multiple colors / burlap camo)

4c4f347a5566494e74367e69b2d94d33.thumb.j5af5e42a60b7d_Burlapcamo.jpg.5b3bf6e68005af5e43488122_Camonetgame.jpg.cbc2de799c

A tiger with a camo net on the turret, a Hummel with burlap camo and the camo net in the game (Ru 251). So, devs are capable of modeling the net. Physics are the only remaining issue.

3. weapon related

If you want to shoot a weapon, the most important are mags. I'm not talking about Colt M1911 mags, but browning 50. cal ones that could be found on American tanks for instance. I have also seen ammo, medical crates on some vehicles laying on the engine deck.

I believe It would be more attractive for the player to give some kind of light bonus : Shorten reload for the MGs, bigger ammo storage and/or shorter repair time for the MGs. An ammo crate could give more ammo for tanks who need them like the SU-5. in this case, I don't think it is too much "pay to win" because I rarely see this tank in combat. So, it might make the vehicle a little more suitable for combat.

5adf8471992b6_magcratefabric.thumb.jpg.cDSHK-CAN.thumb.jpg.dec512a744c44c2f4c888

The American magazine in game and his Russian equivalent for the Dshk (Picture on the right). Notice the wooden crates on the background that could act as ammo crates.

4. Tank maintenance related / more add-on armor

We often see tanks with extra part on them such as an extra log, pickax, saw, shovel, iron bucket, ropes, cables, folded camouflage net or road wheels.

Wood was also used as add-on armor during WW2 and still today.

Beside the look, It would be more attractive for the player that those spare parts shorten the reparation time on the field. In return, the part gets removed from your tank for the battle.

5adf881456032_Extralog.jpg.87ee200bd69985af04b9f49d0d_Kingkonglogs.thumb.jpg.a4a5adf88af3c1bd_Roadwheel.jpg.ef79028bd6c8Planks.jpg.3e567e1b19ec27c47be8993b85309

A log was added on some tanks to get out of muddy situations and slow down incoming shells. In game, some have one but the T-34/76 does not. On the second picture, the M4 King Kong in the Philippines with planks mounted on the flanks and a Finnish Stug. On the third picture, a spare road wheel on, again a T-34/85 I like this tank. And finally a Filipino AFV currently fighting in modern conflicts.

Spoiler

Unlock your parts and other objects I've talked before such as customization pieces or entire add-on models (like it is already done in the game, most recent example is the T-62M-1 with researchable "fans")

983842948_Modifictaiontab.jpg.85803f745a

Once you have unlocked these modifications, you will be able to put them on you tank, or tick the square to put it on your vehicle. It could be doable with every feature, but everything would be kind of free...

Or, buy these parts on the market, or, in the game.

1161233853_Partscustom.jpg.c57960c61355b

You can buy customization for you tank's family (T-34, Panther, Panzer IV, M4, AMX-13/30, Cromwell, Chi-Nu...) to give you a light boost in combat. Each family has different types of part (and the more the tank was used historically, the more available parts it has, inviting the player to play historical tanks).

5. Fabrics

We see pieces of fabric very often on tanks. I thought about having covers, or, slightly less common, flags hanging on your tank or laying on the engine deck.

5adf89ae7fa92_devrd2a.jpg.474f3f767c8154df44ae25a160df6d6ede933b7ed5a98a--romani5af5e55633225_MericanToygah.jpg.3269a62a1582017878_Redguardsflag.jpg.7df832e7af3

Notice the Wehrmacht's flag and the road wheel on the Panther's engine deck. A hanging Romanian flag on a T-54/55 during the anti-communist revolution (1945-60s). A captured Tiger by the Allies (Colorized). And the Red Guards' flag on the mythical KV-1.

Spoiler

How this could look like in the game?

Flags are already implemented in the game.

5af230ce96149_shot2018_05_0823_41_10.thu1042951951_Flagboats.jpg.6029d36ede43940

A flag in game with the approximate physics during the Victory day's event. An American flag on the Higgins 81 ft PT-6 with much better physics.

In order to realize all possibilities to hang all sorts of flags, it would be great if you could put it on a pole or not. Then chose where you want the flag to be fixed on, so, it behaves like you want it. On top of that, multiple sized ones would fulfill any purpose a flag can do on such a vehicle. And lastly, it would be wonderful if army flags, meaningless flags and unicolor flags could be featured.

1981605525_Hangingflags.jpg.05ea355bbc5bFlag.jpg.e8a1025f8312e5bee4bf9583fbb65fc08-28-2013kibatidrc.jpg.97757d0a28a6bec5

Get you flags on a pole to display your colors higher than the others, or lay the flag on the engine deck for plane reconnaissance (Red dots are attaching points). And mini flags, just for training purpose, or friendly tanks recognition.

6. Decals

How many times I wanted to reproduce historical / tactical paintings on a tank, but couldn't because decals we have in-game may be too specified or not adapted to my needs which are sometimes not so complicated. I'm not talking about adding personal decals, but basic ones such as straight lines, circles, waves, triangles or squares in different colors. Letters could be great too, but some will say that abuses will inevitably occur. There are two examples :

5adf8bbad8ef9_ThetankIwantvsIhave.thumb.UN_M8_Greyhound_in_Congo.thumb.jpg.25995

The tank I want versus the one I have. Unfortunately, we don't have any clean straight white crosses in decals. A m8 I would like to reproduce, but we don't have any letters in game. I could use a "0" and a lot of "1"  decals, but we don't have enough slots. If we had a more sophisticated customization system, all of this could be possible. So...

I've been playing the Closed Beta of the Crew 2. The customization system is devilishly good and complete. These are the feature I would like to feature:

-You have access to many abstract and basic shapes

-You can distort decals

-You can have precise info about the decal itself (Angle, coordinates, % of distortion, % of original size)

-You can group multiple decals together

-You can copy and paste a decal or a group of decals

-You can organize layers of decal

Spoiler

With all these tools, this is a percent of what you can do:

In this case, I have managed to create this camouflage with only abstract shapes and distortion.

Pic_20180603_155653_3840x2160.thumb.png.Pic_20180603_155848_3840x2160.thumb.png.

The only thing missing would be to change the lighting in the customization menu. I had an hard time finding the right background green of the camouflage.

On this one, I needed a black hood, not a carbon hood. So, I made one.

Pic_20180602_225757_3840x2160.thumb.png.

The message is that you can do anything with almost nothing thanks to this customization system. It is certainly not the easiest way, but it gets everything done. As an example, some artists have managed to create anime character, Chinese letters drawn by hand with only basic shapes in 3 days of closed beta.

The downside to this is the own potential of the system, which may be too complete to be self regulated by the community and usefull just to draw tactical paintings. Again, I am not a dev to chose where the game is going. Tell me in the comment what you think of this.

7. Customization system

With all this stuff added, we might need more slots. Free or not, I'm not owning the game, so giving a price won't do anything. Along with that, adding more cosmetic options on tanks could greatly improve the immersion.

Slots.thumb.jpg.4d856702015777b73aac6b24641647537_Removesideskirts.jpg.77c7820fd

Buy more slots to show more. Remove the sand guards and the side-skirts to make your tank way more different. The price of the slots could be linear or rise gradually (similar to how the crew slots are bought). Idea from Zmijozel

Spoiler

593522072_AussieCenturion5.jpg.a5af8c4c3

If you can't read what is on the picture, it is said the side-skirts were removed because of the thick vegetation. They used to add two spare road  wheels to provide "extra protection"...

Historically, American tanks were delivered with sand shield. Most of them were quickly removed by the crews because they would bother the work on the tracks and bend easily being thin sheets of metal. 

81071660_M8Greyhound.jpg.9d65acb4187c35c

A M8 without skirts. It looks more like a Greyhound now, the shape being more thinner.

M8_HMC.jpg.e7e8f92adbed0b3d579a1f03ed540

A M8 HMC skirtless.

1413647891_M24ofthe9tharmoreddivision.th

This fantastic picture shows the M24 from the 9th armored division without the sand shields.

On the other side, there was the same initiative.

Panther_Ausfehrung-A.thumb.jpg.a80d33822

A Panther Ausfehrung A without skirts.

PS : I could not upload a stunning artwork of a Tiger II with missing skirts. But, you can still find the picture in the comments below.

And so for the eastern front... Though, side-skirts weren't so popular from Russian tank engineers. That's why I can only give you a "prototype" on the pictures.

1817777767_IS-4SkirtlessIRL.jpg.7548581f

Miscellaneous

Infantry related:

(Heavy) Binoculars

Bicycles

Uniforms

Medals, shiny things...

Tank related:

Fake muzzle brake (Sherman Firefly)

Rain / sun covers (Marder III, Australian Centurion Mark 5...)

Dead light tank / tankette (See 3rd picture below)

Additional fuel barrels (T-55, T-72, T-80...)

Fixes:

The T-64B has a "Parade camouflage" that should be called "Parade Livery"

When double clicking a decal to move it, the view goes 90° from the decal

When the model of a tank is changed from an update to another, the decorations on it are flying a meter away (The support doesn't counts it as a bug)2

That is all I have in my mind so far.

If the thread gets added into further discussion, I will go further into this.

Binoculars.thumb.jpg.cebb76cf2452df9b7435af5e553b49d8_Fakemzzlebrake.jpg.b9236acUWOTM8.gif.482fe95341e66e84026692ae3441aworld-war-two-military-bicycles.jpg.d94d

The Binoculars in the background I was talking about, a fake muzzle brake on a Sherman VC and an Asian light tank on the back of a M4. Alright, that is going towards insanity, however, bikes are more suited to stand on a tank.

Obviously, I am not a dev. I do not know the work required to do all the things mentioned earlier, but most of them are already implemented in-game except fabric flags, camo net and realistic branches. I think the hardest would be to make physics for the camo net. On top of that, I'm giving more options to spend your hard earned money into this wonderful game. (Not sarcastic)

Don't hesitate to tell me what you think about this idea. This is my personal view of things and I would like to see your point of view. I'm opened for critics and ideas as far as it is a constructive criticism.

Sorry for my English, I'm from the baguette country originally. And please don't be triggered by what is said in the introduction, I'm not entirely serious.

I've put all my heart and efforts in this suggestion. I've had this idea since I started playing the game about one year ago. Today, I want to leave a trace in this game I love so much.

With all of this, you will be able to create a unique "hero-tank". Have a fantastic day and see you on the battlefield!

Note: The thread is updated almost every week. So, feel free to point out the mistakes, and give your ideas!

Sources:

1 Quora.com Article : In World War II, was cement effective against tank shells? Could it be used as an extra layer of armor on tanks?

2 T-44 model canister bug (Internal Link)

Edited by FawnPrince
Grammar mistakes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 27
medal medal medal medal

Open for Discussion.:salute:

I certainly would welcome more customization options. Customization of your favorite vehicles is a lot of fun.:yes_yes_yes:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Camo nets looking really cool on a tank, but think about turret traverse. Especially hand turret traverse is not that powerful to tear those nets apart in case they were tangeling up in some other parts of your own tank or the surrounding objects. How many pictures of tank battles have you seen where they worn them during a big brawl in tiny streets or open fields ?

Just good for snipers, unless they are detected, but could be an interesting point regarding visibility aspects. For implementation I would suggest they should need some setup time (a couple of seconds) after getting into a sneaky sniper stance. They could substract some % of the visisibility chance so they would actually hide the tank. Same for twigs and bushes. On the other hand... this would need perfect adaption of the various camo levels for each tank model in game... although appreciated imho, but I can't believe Gajin would deal with that task.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

7 hours ago, _Nephilim666_ said:

Camo nets looking really cool on a tank, but think about turret traverse. Especially hand turret traverse is not that powerful to tear those nets apart in case they were tangeling up in some other parts of your own tank or the surrounding objects. How many pictures of tank battles have you seen where they worn them during a big brawl in tiny streets or open fields ?

Just good for snipers, unless they are detected, but could be an interesting point regarding visibility aspects. For implementation I would suggest they should need some setup time (a couple of seconds) after getting into a sneaky sniper stance. They could substract some % of the visisibility chance so they would actually hide the tank. Same for twigs and bushes. On the other hand... this would need perfect adaption of the various camo levels for each tank model in game... although appreciated imho, but I can't believe Gajin would deal with that task.

I agree with you. I knew it would be hard to make in War Thunder. As you said, there are a lot of problems with the camo net. But that's just 1 suggestion in more than 30. 

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal

Sure. But everything that might go along greater 3D modelling might be too much for Gajin. Additional armor, wether it be metal plates, tracks, sandbags or even concrete would be nice, but could only added piece by piece. Question is: will the BR change after applying those parts ? If it isn't just an optical feature, the answer could be yes.

Fabrics, flags... nice decoration add-ons.

More room for decals & more geometric basic decals are always welcome.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

6 minutes ago, _Nephilim666_ said:

Sure. But everything that might go along greater 3D modelling might be too much for Gajin. Additional armor, wether it be metal plates, tracks, sandbags or even concrete would be nice, but could only added piece by piece. Question is: will the BR change after applying those parts ? If it isn't just an optical feature, the answer could be yes.

Fabrics, flags... nice decoration add-ons.

More room for decals & more geometric basic decals are always welcome.

It would be great if like you could use 1 slot for one pack of 5 sandbags for example. Maybe the br might change, but additional armor is never that efficient in the game. Only examples I see is the track on the IS-2 mod. 1943 that can deflect the APCBC shell of the M4A2 76(W) or the Panzer IV C can deflect the T-34/76's round. And the down part is that your tank is heavier, bigger and the color may be less stealthy.

Edited by FawnPrince
medal medal medal medal

@FawnPrince you might want to consider adding a poll to your suggestion to gather more info on it's support.:yes_yes_yes:

Please ensure you do not enable the "Poll Only Content?" option for the reason stated here:

Also be sure to add a "No" vote for each question as the polling system requires all members to vote for each question, not just one.

Edited by SAUBER_KH7
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, SAUBER_KH7 said:

@FawnPrince you might want to consider adding a poll to your suggestion to gather more info on it's support.:yes_yes_yes:

Please ensure you do not enable the "Poll Only Content?" option for the reason stated here:

Also be sure to add a "No" vote for each question as the polling system requires all members to vote for each question, not just one.

Thank you for asking me. I have just made the poll and am waiting your answers.

• Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal

Seeing the popularity of my thread which is not so good in my opinion, I'm asking myself : How could we make the customization system more interesting for the War thunder player? My idea may be a part of the answer, but that might not be all. Any ideas?

medal medal medal medal

Quick update, I've encountered some more cases where improvised add-on armor were used.

I had noticed that I lacked content for post war tanks in terms of improvised armor.

So, I found many other examples:

Wood : I know they were used during WW2, but nowadays, we still have various examples of this such as planks:

5af04548e148c_Logsadd-onarmor.thumb.jpg.5af0452f15484_kingkong.thumb.jpg.5015018Planks.jpg.fe9f3779d61946f7a88c59049f5aa

A Finnish Stug III with wood as improvised armor. The M4 King-Kong fighting in the Philippines. A Filipino tank currently used in modern conflicts.

Some more rubber: Already talked about rubber, but, I have this interesting picture:

Tires.jpg.36d9d106da3a9b8aeb12c6905244e6

I don"t know if this is really useful against a RPG-7 sending 500mm of penetration... Otherwise, this is a great customization to put on your third world tanks.

I've seen more ideas, but I'm not going to talk about them being slightly strange.

medal medal medal medal

@gennaroita @CRGKevin Thanks you a lot for you support.

If you have any thoughts / ideas in link with this subject, do not hesitate to talk about it. I'd be more than pleased to know more what you are up to see in game if this suggestion ever gets implemented.

And sure, I hope it will, being the result of more than a year of playing and wondering if it would be possible.

medal medal medal medal

Good afternoon everyone. Early on this week, I wondered how it could look like in game. So, I am going to give you my vision of it.

Firstly, I thought about unlocking some of the features I've talked before such as customization pieces or entire add-on models (like it is already done in the game)

1424045211_Modifictaiontab.jpg.a56a12f01

Once you have unlocked these modifications, you will be able to put them on you tank, or tick the square to put it on your vehicle. It could be doable with every feature, but everything would be kind of free...

Secondly, you could buy these parts on the market, or, in the game like it is today.

980843921_Partscustom.jpg.a854c441589efd

You can buy customization for you tank's family (T-34, Panther, Panzer IV, M4...) to give you a light boost in combat. Each family has different types of part.

Thirdly, you could modify some parts of your tank like side-skirts, sand shields for the American tanks or mud guards.

23903998_Removesideskirts.jpg.685bc68138

Remove the side-skirts to make your vehicle way more different and why not choose how worn they are?

Spoiler

Historically, American tanks were delivered with sand shield. Most of them were quickly removed by the crews because they would bother the work on the tracks and bend easily being simple sheets of metal.

1858867020_M8Greyhound.jpg.05f38b630013eM8_HMC.jpg.8307bf52fb35b90b786892485582b1591603849_M24ofthe9tharmoreddivision.th

On the other side, the same was done.

Panther_Ausfehrung-A.thumb.jpg.2824398d01075369114_TigerII.thumb.jpg.7b5b6fc8d75

And so for the eastern front... Though, side-skirts weren't so popular from Russian tankers. that's why I can only give you a prototype on the pictures.

712655753_IS-4SkirtlessIRL.jpg.c531614a61370500329_IS-4Skirtless.thumb.jpg.6ff87

That's how an IS-4 would look like in game without skirts.

About decals:

A feature not so useful but still interesting for some of us would be to chose how worn your decal is (like the camouflage).

43190398_Decalcondition.jpg.b6f4e2998fc4

About flags:

This is quite a new feature I am talking about in the thread. In order to realize all possibilities to hang all sorts of flags, it would be great if you could put it on a pole or not. Then chose where you want the flag to be fixed on, so, it behaves like you want it.

888779768_Hangingflags.jpg.a2cfd25f29b0c

Get you flags on a pole to display your colors high in the sky.

Flag.jpg.21c9197ba78cfa280497c73b4a70539

Lay the flag on the engine deck for plane reconnaissance. Red dots are attaching points.

That's all folks! I hope you liked my pathetic montages. I am going to add all of this above in the original thread with more organization.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal

Personally I feel that tanks (and planes) should have special column where you can simply imput the code of the vehicle, without using decals. An example:

Say you want to recreate this plane, at least to an extent.

1434578116637.jpg

What skin selection would allow you to do, usually, is pick a plane with roundels, shark jaws at max.

To input the code, you would simply, in the appropriate tab, input "RG-V", while the engine itself then fits chosen letter/number markings onto preset spots.

Now, what you might object is - how about abuse; for the argument's sake, let's assume someone inputs "AS-S", thinking he is funny. Well, since you are inputting in a text formate, it is easy to make a sort of profanity filter, which will automatically filter certain combinations of letters, as has been done for chats and the forum already.

Similar could be true of tanks.

• Upvote 1
medal medal

@Koty1996 I love the idea. On top of that, this could allow you to write a word on both sides at the same time without having it mirrored.

For instance, If you want to write "BEAR" on the left side, the other side will display "RAEB" because it is mirrored. So, indeed, this could be a great way to get over this issue.

medal medal medal medal

would be great if the "cammouflage" customisation would be unlockable trough the RP on each vehicle modifications, with some of those "light" cammouflages buyable by SL. Also, some slots should be free, some for SL and some for GE. (similar to how the crew slots are buyed)'

not to mention that it would be good, if those bushes on your tank or canisters could catch fire, fall of after colision, or be shot down too. Who cares about the "hat on the tank" this is what is missing.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

For this week update, I was mainly inspired by the feedbacks on this post and another game.

Less than a month ago, you could apply to join the closed beta of The Crew 2. I was not particularly pumped about the game until I explored the customization system, outstandingly good and complete, just like the tools to make pictures.

This is what I would like to be able to do with at least basic decals, letters and numbers.

In The Crew 2:

-You can distort decals

-You can have precise info about the decal itself (Angle, coordinates, % of distortion, % of original size)

This is what I can do, in less than half an hour:

Pic_20180603_155848_3840x2160.thumb.png.

Pic_20180602_225757_3840x2160.thumb.png.

Thanks to these tools, you can fully express your creativity. I know that on a tank, this is more strict. Again, I'm not a dev to chose what direction War Thunder is going to.

Edited by FawnPrince
I cnat't type rigght
medal medal medal medal

7 hours ago, FawnPrince said:

For this week update, I was mainly inspired by the feedbacks on this post and another game.

Less than a month ago, you could apply to join the closed beta of The Crew 2. I was not particularly pumped about the game until I explored the customization system, outstandingly good and complete, just like the tools to make pictures.

This is what I would like to be able to do with at least basic decals, letters and numbers.

In The Crew 2:

-You can distort decals

This is what I can do, in less than half an hour:

Thanks to these tools, you can fully express your creativity. I know that on a tank, this is more strict. Again, I'm not a dev to chose what direction is going to.

Dont like your idea... seems way too easy to exploit. (dont wana any rude pictures on taks)

• Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal

I am not fully understanding your statement @Zmijozel. I know many people will exploit this system, that's unavoidable. But many of these ideas I took from The Crew 2 are the most suited for War Thunder. There are a lot of other things you can do in The Crew 2 that won't happen in War Thunder. I am aware that some of these ideas may not be useful for the average War Thunder player (Copy and paste, group decals, organize layers). Though, some of them are just informative tools (precise info about the decal), unoffensive (distort decals), or necessary

to create tactical painting, as I mentioned in the part 6 of the thread.

Moreover, if you want to do a love stick for example, you are going to need pink color (which may not be available being a not tactical colour), a lot of decals and slots (that you will pay) just to get banned at the end, if people are mature enough to report you.

You want to write a rude word on your tank? No problem, an algorithm can be easily put in place to moderate the letters you use to write a certain word.

With the current War Thunder customization system, you can do this kind of abuse. !BAD CUSTOMIZATION IDEAS BELOW!

Spoiler

I knew you would click it. I have seen many of these in game. You have couples of variations but that's what you can do with 2 to 3 decals. Again, open the spoiler tab at your own risks.

Spoiler

1179933072_shot2018_06_1511_34_26.thumb.

For your information, I have removed the decals from the tank. Thank you for your discretion.

This one is less rude, but War Thunder is not a political game from what I know.

501741124_659023527_preview_shot2016_04_

mqdefault.jpg.33ddde0dcb4841d33bef33ea26

Original source

Video: "War Thunder : M1 Abrams - 7 kills in 5 minutes."

Thank you for attention and your comment about your feeling of my update. Have a nice day!

Edited by FawnPrince
medal medal medal medal

Hello! Posted a new topic on this, and got shown to this thread, thank you!

More detailed customization is always nice, as it makes the vehicles feel more like your own while driving them!

I would be very happy to see an option in the hangar to remove small bits like dustguards, mudflaps, sideskirts etc. to make our tanks look a bit more worn out. The things that usually get really easily damaged and fall off during prolonged engagements already in warthunder. Add a chop shop fee for every action done to modify a tank this way and Gaijin would be able to squeeze a few pennies out of vain players like me! (:

t10m.jpg

tiger2_2.jpg

• Like 1

well Gaijin want more money. This is one of the ideas that can make people to pay for it. Talking about my self now. I'll be to be able to customize my tanks the way I like. e.g. buying woodlogs to place it on the sides to increase the side protecting, and that apply to Logs, Tracks, Gears, Wheels, sandbags.... Etc!

Welling to pay in the condition that additional protection is physically calculated by the game engine...!

My suggestion about dozer blade for tanks. Can make money to Gaijin as well. Especially if digging mechanic is introduced to the game engine. WOW!

• Like 1