Stona

Changes to vehicle Battle Ratings (April 2018)

Best answer

Thanks for all your feedback. We will gather the rest of the suggestion, add them to our already created list and pass to the dev team :good:

cover_facebook_answers_developers_07a5fc

Planned changes in Battle Ratings - April 2018

You can change tab from Aircraft to Ground Vehicles at the bottom of the table.

Feel free to leave feedback! If you think we should make some additional changes on other machines, or do not agree with listed changes, please support your suggestions with arguments!

We read all your feedback, so it can take some time to approve your post.

Thanks!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 5
  • Upvote 22

So, is this a final list of vehicles, or are vehicles (at least possibly) going to be added to the list?

What I mean is, that I personally would love to see the T-64B gaining a bit more space between T-64A and itself (going to 9.7) and creating a bit more space in there (for possible tanks that with capabilities fit between those two, for example), and well - creating a bit more favourable "black-hole".

Stona (Posted )

"If you think we should make some additional changes on other machines, or do not agree with listed changes, please support your suggestions with arguments!" :)
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal

I am happy with these new changes. Especially the BR change for the Whirlwind.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal

Great changes but some BRs don't match with the BR in the game.
Pretty sure that the Me262 A-1 is 6.7 and not 7.0 in Realistic Battle just like the Ferdinand which is 6.3 and not 6.7. I assume they will just get an increase by 0.3.

Edit: Oh so the A-1 is the techtree version not the event plane. I don't see why it should be increase to 7.3 then since it's not better than most other 7.0 jets....

The 105mm M4A3 should be pretty clubby at 2.7 as the armor is incredible tough. I would have prefered to increase the BR of most JP/GER/RU vehicles in the 3.3-4.3 range instead of lowering a tank so much where it's nearly invincible agains lower BRs.

There is also no reason to lower the BR of the German Sherman. Vehicles should have a BR so they fight balanced matches but the Shermans armor is far too good agains most US/GB tanks when they have to fight it. Same with the German KV-1B.

If the Hurricane Mk I gets a BR increase of 0.3 shouldn't the Mk II also get at least the same? Would be odd if the better plane kept a lower BR.

Edited by KillaKiwi

Stona (Posted )

Ferdinand is already fixed, thanks. Me 262 got proper values. It's 7.0 in game right now.
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 14

If I may ask, why is the Me 262 being increased to 7.3? Are we considering a WWII jet equivalent entirely to an F-84 Thunderjet?

Stona (Posted )

We are considering Me 262 good enough to stand 7.3 fighters.
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 20
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Some positive changes first of all!

From a purely RB perspective:

• The P-47's being raised in BR is fantastic...however, the D-28 should definitely have been raised as well. With the recent buff it received, the D-28 currently has nearly identical performance to the P-47M, which now has a 1.0 higher Battle Rating. If the P-47's do retain their airspawns, I think 5.3-5.7 would be more than fine for the D-28.

I believe the Battle Ratings for several Japanese planes require a serious examination. 

• The J2M's for example (except the J2M2 and Premium J2M5) are currently in a fairly miserable state. Slow with mediocre climbrates for their BR, I can't really see why the J2M3, J2M4 and non-Premium J2M5 should remain where they currently are. A 0.3-0.7 lower BR should help significantly.

• The N1K's also need a severe examination. While the N1K1's new BR of 5.3 is nice, with it's also new Flight Model, I don't see how it would not work work at 5.0. And in regards to the N1K2's...the only main difference between the N1K1 and N1K2's is cannon ammunition and some ordinance. I cannot for the life of me understand how the N1K2's are equal to the P-51H. They definitely require a BR closer to the N1K1's.

• Airspawns in general need to be considered. While they work for Bombers, Attackers and certain Fighters like the Do 335 and VB.10's, I fail to see why the P-47's and F-82 needs it at their current BR's. Those planes are just the more notable offenders. Airspawns for Fighters need to be carefully considered and only applied to planes that truly need them like the aforementioned Do 335 and VB.10.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 18
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 minute ago, KillaKiwi said:

Pretty sure that the Me262 A-1 is 6.7 and not 7.0 in Realistic Battle just like the Ferdinand which is 6.3 and not 6.7. I assume they will just get an increase by 0.3.

The 105mm M4A3 should be pretty clubby at 2.7 as the armor is incredible tough. I would have prefered to increase the BR of most JP/GER/RU vehicles in the 3.3-4.3 range instead of lowering a tank so much where it's nearly invincible agains lower BRs.

The 262 is indeed currently 7.0 in realistic battles. So yes it is going to 7.3. The 6.7 262 is the Sturmvogel attack variant which only has 2x 30mm Mk.108

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Based on the aircraft I fly and those I come up against that list seems to have everything going in the right direction so it looks like the user community are being listened to. 

I'd really like to see some historical context being applied to the matchmaking too (at least restricting aircraft to those of similar vintage) - but that's perhaps another discussion......

Realistic Battles:

Germany

BF 109 G14 - Battle Rating - 5.3 > 5.0
BF 109 G14/AS - Battle Rating - 5.3 > 5.0

BF 109 G10 - Battle Rating - 5.3 > 5.0

These planes are detachment in terms of the capabilities of its greatest enemy - P-51D-30, having a higher battle classification. It would perfectly fit in 5.0 right after G-6 (4.7) and before K-4 (5.3). 

They would be good counterpart for P-47D-28, P-47N-15, P-38L-5-LO and P-51D-30.

Edited by Tivoru
  • Upvote 18
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

9 hours ago, KillaKiwi said:

In RB Me 262A-1a is 7.0. If it moves to 7.3 it'll more than likely frequently encounter the Yak-23 at 7.7 which it frankly is outperformed in every metric outside of raw burst mass.

Yak-23 is 8.0 material. It shouldn't be capable of meeting any WWII jets.

Prior to the Yak-23 and F-84G being  added, 7.0 RB air matchmaking was easily one of the best balanced battle ratings in game. Some of the most fun I've had in this game is within the 262A/P-80/Meteor Mk. 3/MiG-9 (early) matchup. It was one of the very few occasions where the game was damn near perfectly balanced. Please don't screw this up again.

Edited by PanGalactic
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 32

Me 262 A-1  BR 7.3 Will face Meteor F Mk.8 G.41K BR 8.0 Sea Venom FAW.20 8.0 BR. Me 262 A-1 Should stay at 7.0 since it will have no chance fighting those jets for obvious reasons.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 27
medal medal medal

Agree with the changes, but why the Brummbar still in 5.0 when is equal or even worst than KV-2???

He have worst ammo choices, movility, gun and lack of turret and have 0.7 more :facepalm:

Panther´s A/G need 5.7 and give germany some movility because the Panther D is not good enough for close combat situations.

Maus, the great forgotten. Is unexplicable why this tank still in 7.7 when you have much better tanks in 7.3.

Super Pershing continues in 6.7 ???

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 24
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Some much appreciated BR changes like for the Beaufighters, the F-84B, the P-47s, Yak-23, A7M2 etc. Solid steps in the right direction.

However, I'd still would like to see some more changes for Air RB BRs that are needed:

P-39N: up to 4.0 - it's faster, climbs better, turns and rolls better than for example the P-63A-5. It's insanely fast for a currently 3.0 plane: 571 kph @ SL and 640 kph @ 3k m. 
P-47D-28: up to 5.3 - basically a discount 47M since it received the 70 "Hg boost, only marginally worse than the 47M and thus it should only be one BR step lower
P-47N-15: up to 5.3 - slower climbing than the 47M/D-28 but more maneuverable, fast as well, 8 M2 .50s, still too good for the new 5.0
P-51D-30: up to 5.7 - it's performance if flown correctly is absolutely on par with Doras/Tas and has no problems dealing with late 109s that are currently +0.3 higher
P-51D-10: up to 5.3 - since it received 72 "Hg boost in patch 1.75 it's only marginally worse than the D-30
P-51H-5: up to 6.7 - it simply has the performance of a 6.7 in comparison to props, why is it lower than the Mk.24?
F4U-1a/USMC/d: up to 3.7 (-a and d); up to 4.0 (USMC) - with the new FM the Corsairs recieved a huge "buff" and are way too fast (> 570 kph @ SL), good firepower and good roll and turn - it's a joke one can face He 112 in the -a. 109 F-4/Gs and Fw 190 As etc are all opponents that would make a fair and balance fight.
F-82E: up to at least 5.7 - airspawn, one of the best armament in the game rn, insanely fast, incredible roll and incredibly forgiving DM. Way too fast for a 5.0 plane, you go 660 kph @ SL - that's faster than quite a few aircrafts at this BR range are at altitude - there is little (nothing) a BR 4-5.0 aircraft can do against a F-82.

Ki-61-I-hei: down to 4.0 - a plane with a slightly better engine than a 109 E should not be at 5.0 because it has 2 MG151. Also C.205 serie 3 sits at 3.7 with very similar performance and armament.
Ki-61-I-tei: down to 3.7 - very slow (not even 500 kph on the deck), climbs bad, feels very heavy - meanwhile a way superior P-51 sits at 3.7.
Ki-61-II: down to 4.0 - slightly faster but also a lot heavier than the Ki-61-I - the additional Ho-5 rounds (which are inferior to the MG151 on the -hei anyway) and speed doesn't make it competetive to Griffons, late Merlin, P-47M etc.
Ki-44-II: up to 3.7 - performance on par with a 109 G-2 and now that the .50s are somewhat working it's way too fast, climbing way too good for 2.7
Ki-100-I/II: up to 4.0 - similar performance to the 109 F-4, should share the same BR
J2M3: down to 4.7 - since the performance adjustment like a year ago it's by no means a 5.3 aircraft, just look at the speed: 619 kph @ 5.5k m and 554 kph at SL... - there are plenty of fighters even in the 3.x/4.0 BR range that are faster (not to mention that many fighters at its current BR range are faster at SL than it is at alt). Also since the recent FM change all control surfaces lock up horribly > 630 kph like the P-40 or F6F did for many years in the past. Also the 2 additional cannons over the J2M2 don't justify a +1.3 BR
J2M5: down to 5.0 - a bit faster than the J2M3 - overall still very slow for a current 5.7 aircraft, same lock up of control surfaces
N1K1: down to 5.0 - since the recent FM change it is now insanely slow for a 5.7 aircraft (514 kph @ SL and 614 kph @ 6.2 k m), it's more along performance of a Spitfire Mk.9 ...
both N1K2: down to 5.7 - they lost their fantasy FM quite some time ago and still retain their old BR, they have nothing on the jets it face (or even the props they currently share a BR with: P-51H and F8F-1B) - except for the typical prop vs jet "advantages". Griffons, late Merlin, D30, La-9s, etc are all a fair match-up.

Yak-1 and -7B: up to 3.0 - way faster than any other plane at their BR (except the undertiered Bf 109 F-1), maneuverable, fast, good climb and armament
Yak-1B: up to 3.3 - overall better than the previous Yaks so it should have a higher BR
Yak-9/9B: up to 3.3 - same reason as for the Yak-1B
La-5: up to 3.3 - fast, decent climb, good armament - should not face He 112 or Hurricanes ...
La-5F: up to 3.7 - engine upgrade to the -5, faster, better climb etc.
La-5FN: up to 4.3 - performance very similar to a 109 G-2, faster at SL actually - great climbrate as well - should not face Spit Mk 2Bs, 109 E-4 etc at 3.0 - has no problems keeping up with 4.7/5.0 uptiers atm
La-7: up to 5.0 - the La-7B20 sits fine at 5.3 with just one cannon (but only 50 rounds) more
La-9: down to 5.7 - the La-9 doesn't have the speed (it's barely faster than the La-7) to compete with jets it regularly face due to uptiers to 7.0. 
Yak-3: up to 4.3 - similar to the La-5FN - performance would be still really good at 4.3 but would prevent clubbing BR 3.0
Pokryskin's P-39N: up to 4.0 - it's faster, climbs better, turns and rolls better than the P-63A-5. It's insanly fast for a currently 3.0 plane: 574 kph @ SL and 644 kph @ 3k m

He 100: up to 2.7 - performance is way better than anything at this BR - only the 3 MGs are holding it a bit back
Bf 109 F-1: up to 3.0 - there is no reason why the F-1 should face biplanes or other early T1 aircraft, can compete with planes from 3.0-4.0 with it's climb rate, maneuverability and general speed
Bf 109 F-4: up to 4.0 - fast, good climb, decent arment, maneuvrable - with it's current boost setting faster than the G-2/trop but 0.6 lower ...
Bf 109 G-6 and G-14: both up/down to 5.0: minor speed difference for whatever reason (~10 kph), should both share the same BR due to very similar performance, but slower than both the G-10 and K-4
Me 410 A-1: up to 4.0 - fast, great armament and ordnance, very capable heavy fighter at 4.0
Me 410 B-1: down to 4.3 - slightly more powerful engines than the A-1

C.205 serie 3: up to 4.0 - fast, great firepower and good maneuverability

Wyvern: up to 5.7 - post war turboprop, one of the fastest props on the deck - facing 4.0/4.3 props is a joke, 4 Hispano Vs, great ordnance options as well

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 3
  • Upvote 32
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

25 minutes ago, Comrade_Katya said:

We are considering Me 262 good enough to stand 7.3 fighters.

No don't consider. Search you inner feeling you know it's not true :(

9 minutes ago, Jagd27 said:

Agree with the changes, but why the Brummbar still in 5.0 when is equal or even worst than KV-2???

Yeah it should be lowered to 4.7 or even 4.3.

9 minutes ago, Jagd27 said:

Panther´s A/G need 5.7 and give germany some movility because the Panther D is not good enough for close combat situations.

Maus, the great forgotten. Is unexplicable why this tank still in 7.7 when you have much better tanks in 7.3.

Super Pershing continues in 6.7 ???

The Panthe D is perfectly fine just like the A/G are at 6.0. With the Cent Mk 3 and FV4202 moved to 6.7 as well as most French tanks getting a BR increase theres no reason to lower their BRs.

Edited by KillaKiwi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 12

N1K2s need a drastic battle-rating reduction. They've been at 6.3 for years now and cannot hold their own against newer prop additions to the game yet alone jet aircraft, both of these aircraft are 5.7 material at best and are a good match the for Spitfire LF Mk IX.

M4A3 (105) and StuH 42 G are questionable reductions in my opinion. Both of these tanks suffer the same problem, strong armour but a rubbish gun. At 2.7 the M4A3 (105) is going to give serious problems to 1.7 tanks that simply cannot penetrate it frontally whatsoever, the StuH will be similar fighting 2.0 tanks. I think the M4A3 should stay at 3.0 while the StuH should be lowered to 3.3 at minimum.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 14

Only provblem here is that i still dont see T-55A lowered to 8,3 in RB. I get that there would be gap in 8,7 then but it simply cant compete in end BR battles atm

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 8
medal

You forgot the poor Begleitpanzer 57, make it 8.0 nao. Also put the Type 74 down

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 29
medal medal medal medal

18 minutes ago, Katsukai said:

Me 262 A-1  BR 7.3 Will face Meteor F Mk.8 G.41K BR 8.0 Sea Venom FAW.20 8.0 BR. Me 262 A-1 Should stay at 7.0 since it will have no chance fighting those jets for obvious reasons.

Even if it stays at 7.0 it still would face 8.0???

medal medal medal medal