Sign in to follow this  
CaID

(Romania) IAR 471

would you like to see the IAR 471 be added to the game?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. would you like to see the IAR 471 be added to the game?

• Yes
    • Yes, as premium/gift/events vehicles
    • No

Flaggenbild.jpg

this suggestion is made in support to the addition of the the Minor Axis-Nation

i would like to suggest the Romanian stukas, the IAR 471

522812_original.jpg

the IAR 471 was designed in 1942. as Romania was deep in war and having real dificulties against russia, they needed to have real dive bomber able to perform accurate and effective ground attack against the russian tanks and defense. the German lend many Ju87 to the Romanian army but refused to sell any of them. the improvised modification of the IAR 80 into dive bomber proven to be desapointing. the IAR compagny soon started to work on their own stukas to be produce in Romania and been independant to the German army. the IAR 471 was born from this project and was fitted with the DB 605 engine. the plane was designed to be more performent than the Stukas. the plane was built to carry less bomb load but with retractive undercarriage to make the plane faster. the plane could also carry the 37mm gun pod under the wind and had a 20mm in the engine hub. a pair of machine-gun was mounted in the wing and another pair was mounted in the rear of the canopy for the defense of the plane. the plane was design to carry a 500kg bomb under the fuselage and two 100kg bombs under the wing.

in 1944, an order of 100 IAR 471 was made with 136 engine and the stukas gun pod. the plane was considered as an great asset to the Romanian aviation but the situation in romania was already turning into a catastrophe. the IAR factory was already very busy with the production of the hightly needed BF 109 and declared himself simply incapable to produce the plane in the current situation. the situation never got any better before the end of the war and the production ultimatly never started. a single IAR 471 was comfirmed to had been built and possibly a few other may had been built without comfirmation. no clear record of the test flight was been comfirmed but as the prototype was been comfirmed to had been finished and an order was been made, the plane probably flew. the fate of the prototype is unknow as the Russian took over all romania and the trace of the plane, like most of the record was lost in the chaos of the war.

442fa1c677acad2fc141597e8eec01b7.jpg

General characteristics

• Crew: 2
  • Length: 11 m (36 ft 1 in)
  • Wingspan: 14 m (45 ft 10 in)
  • Height: 3.2 m (10 ft 6 in)
  • Wing area: 29 m2 (312 ft2)
  • Gross weight: 4300 kg without bomb load kg (9,479 lb)
  • Powerplant: 1 × IAR DB 605, 1,100kW kW (1,475 hp)

Performance

• Maximum speed: 490 km/h (304 mph)
  • Service ceiling: 8000 m (26,245 ft)

Armament

• 1 x 20mm MG151 cannon firing through the airscrew spinner
  • 2 x 7.92mm Rheinmetall wing mounted
  • 2 x 37mm BK 37 Rheinmetall under wing
  • 2 x 7.92mm Rheinmetall MG for rear gunner
  • 500 kg (1,100lb) bomb under fuselage
  • 2 x 100 kg (220lb) bombs

source

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IAR-471

https://raigap.livejournal.com/200889.html

https://kplanes.tumblr.com/post/108573162550/k-planes-episode-33-gypsies-slavs-and-whatnot

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Ej ej War Thunder...WHy dont add Minor Axis tree to the game....or Hungary and Romania to Italy? Why WT , WHy? BTW Nice article ! YOu get my vote+

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

54 minutes ago, DarthGergely said:

Ej ej War Thunder...WHy dont add Minor Axis tree to the game....or Hungary and Romania to Italy? Why WT , WHy? BTW Nice article ! YOu get my vote+

adding was been confirmed. it was also confirmed that the Italian ground tree will not include any other minor nation (at the release). it's not impossible that a minor nation, especially Hungary or Romania could be added to the Italian tree later. but Italy have enough good plane to fill the entire tree. it have less good tanks for the early tier but it's still have enough if we look at the prototype a bit like the French tree from tier 3.

if we merge the minor nation together, we can include other pro fascist nation that was close to Germany such as Romania (who have almost an entire air tree on his own) Hungary (who have half of the ground tree on his own) Bulgaria, Slovakia and Finland. if we include the minor tree to Italy, we have no choice but to ignore Slovakia and Finland since it was not close to Italy. also the Minor nation passed under soviet influence after ww2, it because part of the Warsaw pact which was more or less having their independent army. Italy passed to Nato which was against Russia. so it would make more sense to not merge it to Italy for me otherwise, it we would have to exclude the vehicles of the tier 4-5-6 and Romania have some pretty interesting tank to offer in those tier. i am thinking about the TR-77 and the successor in particular.

but this is my opinion, you asked Why don't add it to the Italy? we also considered it seriously but we decided it would be better without it and i just give you the reason of our conclusion. we aren't against adding it to Italy but we think it's better to have them in their own tree.

for more information about the possible Italian planes, there is currently a lot of italian plane in the first two page of the "passed to development" section of the suggestion forum. there is some good plane to add in every tier. attacker, fighter, bomber. a good dozen jets with better than simply a few .50 to offer. i am less enlighten for the tank but i acknowledged many good model that was proposed by many fan and some good tree was including any other nation from the italian tree.

• Upvote 2

I'd love to have a minor axis tree, I should change my signature when I have time. Of course would be nice to have a minor allied tree too.

Adding minor factions to Italy would be tricky because there would be too many planes. They may be introduced under Italy at first though, like Italy was into the German tree.

I support this plane anyway, along every other romanian vehicle.

Edited by Sarblade
  • Upvote 2

On ‎22‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 21:01, DarthGergely said:

This not will be perfect? What happen if RO and Hu never will added to Italy? We need to wait again a year to get those vehicles? 

i am pretty sure they wont get added to the italian tree, the IAR-81 was an exception because a user made it and gaijin wanted to earn some Money with it. If they will ever make a new axis-vehicle it will most likely be a premium-only aswell.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

+1 in the Romanian/Balkans or Italian techtree

medal medal

Sign in to follow this