Bad_Panzer

Choose your map and your game mode

I'd really like to choose maps I want to play on. Possibly even the game mode. It's the most rudimentary function in any MMO. Why can't it be implemented? 

Hint: "Queue time" argument is strictly forbidden as we have 20 million players at the moment.Or so I've heard

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Bad_Panzer said:

Hint: "Queue time" argument is strictly forbidden as we have 20 million players at the moment.Or so I've heard

Haha  20 mil are all accounts ever registered,only about 2 mil active ones(in last year) and only about 70 k online on weekends.

Edited by Slider_HarDCorE
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

8 minutes ago, Bad_Panzer said:

Thanks, I was unaware of that. So the queue times are still a problem then?

I think that there is very small chance if implementing mechanic of choosing single map that u DONT want to play on. Very small. Choosing all the maps u want? Heh NO

medal

Yes it is still a problem of the queue time.

BR mix issue is because we don't have enough players playing every BR.

BTW I would like to choose the map I can play :) but for sure you will get more queue or maybe they should add a vote system when le queue system found enough player you can vote for a map.

Edited by Dgamax
  • Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal

I must say that I am more and more annoyed by being forced to play maps I REALLY do not like.
For me it is a waste of my spare time. As I am not willing to play on maps I hate and waste my time and silver lions I will quit those maps in the future asap.
I know that this not a fair way for the team and I apologize for that but do not blame me, blame Gaijin.
At least give us the possibility to choose 3 -5 Maps we do not want to play.
I think it is not a problem to implement such a feature. On the other hand the devs would get data which maps are really disliked and can do something to improve those maps.

Edited by dukecrom
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

On 4/1/2018 at 9:50 PM, Bad_Panzer said:

I'd really like to choose maps I want to play on. Possibly even the game mode. It's the most rudimentary function in any MMO. Why can't it be implemented? 

Hello,

the same mentioned SlickBee in the video below. There are many comments, one of them by Nanolis:

"I like Mechwarrior Online's map selection. You get a choice of four randomly picked maps to choose from, and two game types. Every player gets one vote which they can not change(used to be able to, was a fun little minigame of sorts just to see how you could manipulate people's choice by changing) and if the map/gametype you vote for does not win, your next vote will count as 2 votes. If the next vote you go for doesn't get chosen, the next counts as three, up to I believe 13 at max. You still occasionally get the same map in a row, but you have the ability to possibly change that."

I agree with some of those comments. For me the main problem is, that there are too few maps on higher tiers and many are faulty, like Sands of Sinay, where you can snipe (AB mode) other tanks from across the map through tens of buildings. But different topic. check the video.

Edited by Tupoun
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I could understand game modes being selected.

Maps would be a problem. Some tanks are better on some terrain than others, it would make the game a little difficult to have efficient matchmaking if the player base can choose maps that give them advantage.

Someone, like me, who is Light tank focus I would choose CQC maps, not big maps. However someone with a tank destroyer would do the opposite. As a result we would never be in the same que. This would slow down matchmaking among other things.

Edited by Mckillroy
spelling-I am bad at it.
medal