Jengar's Tutorial and Guide Series [Defensive Flying, How To's, Tactics and Concepts!]

This post is meant to collect the Tutorials and Guides i made so far from newest to old,

in one easy to find Place. This will be Updated as New Tutorials come out :)

Defensive flying How to:

My perspective on Grinding!

Everything required to get more Kills!

How to kill G.55's.

How to kill Bombers:

Ab Low tier Tactics:

How to get more kills (AB version)!

Edited by Jengar
  • Thanks 5
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

As a noobie, I can say that I agree with your video on Grinding 100%. When I first started, I chased the "magic" plane. Success always seemed to be one tree away,or one rank away. It didn't take me long to figure out that there is no "silver bullet" to make you good. You have to make yourself good by flying everything well, from an He-51 to a 109, from a Fury, to a Spitfire, etc. I'm still learning, but I got that key point drilled into my head by many a flaming death. Now I concentrate on learning and practicing on as many aircraft types as I can; lots of time in Mission Editor, too. I can see improvement, but man, I have a LONG way to go. So what? I enjoy the game, the planes, and the veteran players that teach me some really hard lessons in each battle. Who better to learn from though? Jengar, thank you for your time and expertise...you help to make this game a joyful challenge, and that's priceless in today's super competitive world. 

:good:

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

On 1-4-2018 at 10:12 PM, Jugular said:

As a noobie, I can say that I agree with your video on Grinding 100%. When I first started, I chased the "magic" plane. Success always seemed to be one tree away,or one rank away. It didn't take me long to figure out that there is no "silver bullet" to make you good. You have to make yourself good by flying everything well, from an He-51 to a 109, from a Fury, to a Spitfire, etc. I'm still learning, but I got that key point drilled into my head by many a flaming death. Now I concentrate on learning and practicing on as many aircraft types as I can; lots of time in Mission Editor, too. I can see improvement, but man, I have a LONG way to go. So what? I enjoy the game, the planes, and the veteran players that teach me some really hard lessons in each battle. Who better to learn from though? Jengar, thank you for your time and expertise...you help to make this game a joyful challenge, and that's priceless in today's super competitive world. 

:good:

You are welcome sir, it speaks of your personality that you pick up that challenge! :)

• Jengar changed the title to Jengar's Tutorial and Guide Series
  • 1 month later...
  • Jengar changed the title to Jengar's Tutorial and Guide Series [Defensive Flying, How To's, Tactics and Concepts!]
  • 9 months later...

These are absolutely fantastic. Thanks for making them.

After watching your vids and noticing something you do, I’ve also stopped using “track enemy” and instead just look back/mouse look, to get into good habits for sim down the line, where that feature isn’t available

Edited by Busterkat

• 1 month later...
On 01/03/2019 at 08:15, Busterkat said:

These are absolutely fantastic. Thanks for making them.

After watching your vids and noticing something you do, I’ve also stopped using “track enemy” and instead just look back/mouse look, to get into good habits for sim down the line, where that feature isn’t available

Thanks mate, glad you got something out of them :) and also great that you're working on improving yourself as a pilot!

• 2 months later...

Jengar, 

I wanted to thank you for all your guides, tutorials and aircraft reviews. You give so much genuinely helpful advice and break down the techniques methodically and with great detail. It has been most helpful to watch a video or two before jumping into battle, and i do so regularly. 

Most people who post these videos don't actually want to help others achieve what they did, rather they are simply showing off. It speaks volumes about the kind of guy you are to want to help others achieve greatness.

• 1 month later...

Hey Jengar, glad to see your tutorials... I’m having trouble getting my guns to lead correctly and have difficulty trying to fly defensively...

I play the Yak line of fighters, which doesn’t have a lot of ammo to spray and pray but is very accurate, doesn’t have a lot spread and my aiming is terrible. Trigger discipline is something I have plenty of, as well as situational awareness, but I always get jumped by those pesky 109s before I could pick a target...

Please help :) !

• 6 months later...
On 12/06/2019 at 21:32, alekJ said:

Jengar, 

I wanted to thank you for all your guides, tutorials and aircraft reviews. You give so much genuinely helpful advice and break down the techniques methodically and with great detail. It has been most helpful to watch a video or two before jumping into battle, and i do so regularly. 

Most people who post these videos don't actually want to help others achieve what they did, rather they are simply showing off. It speaks volumes about the kind of guy you are to want to help others achieve greatness.

Thank you sir! i appreciate it :)

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...