OrsonES

Update 01.04.2018 (1.77.2.48)

Maintenance%20(5).jpg

• The range of remote controlled torpedoes has been changed:
    • UGST: From 10 to 5.5 km.
    • Mk48: From 12 to 6 km.
    • Spearfish: From 12 to 5 km.
  • The range of capturing for torpedoes with homing heads in the active mode has been changed from 2.4-1.6 km (depending on the type of target) to 600-700 m.
  • The acoustic visibility of all submarines at maximum speed has been reduced.
  • Sector scanning for torpedoes with homing heads on horizontal has been changed from 360° to 120° (for active mode for torpedoes with homing heads) and to 150° (for passive mode).
  • Client stability has been improved.

The current provided changelog reflects the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates, additions and fixes may not be listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving and specific fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Well, I surely was not expecting updates to the "Silent Thunder" mode.

By the way, I BELIEVE that submarines could have its place in naval battles, well we even got depth charges!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

Maps were really small for previous range of torpedoes. I think it would make submarine gameplay a little more interesting.

It would really help if sea bed wasn't so shallow, jagged and alien like. Just like in ground forces, small and maze like maps are not fun. Hiding behind a rock and lobbing torpedoes at enemies seems the only viable option with so many campers around. I don't think submarine warfare is supposed to be like this, at all.

• Upvote 1
medal

The map (so far i encountered only 1) is just too tiny and unrealistic in terms of scenario of modern submarine combat. 

Sure the change makes it more playable, but the ultimate problem of tiny map is unfortunately still there.

Though it does have a potential to be pretty enjoyable gamemode :-)

medal medal medal medal

It's good that torpedoes will only go half the map instead of the full map now. So you'd have to move forward.

But this is too much. There's almost no way to stop people from rushing the cap.

Edited by blastedryan
medal medal medal

1 hour ago, ToxicSight said:

Maps were really small for previous range of torpedoes. I think it would make submarine gameplay a little more interesting.

It would really help if sea bed wasn't so shallow, jagged and alien like. Just like in ground forces, small and maze like maps are not fun. Hiding behind a rock and lobbing torpedoes at enemies seems the only viable option with so many campers around. I don't think submarine warfare is supposed to be like this, at all.

Except jagged and alien like is close to what the real seabed can look like:

3D_Model_September_2014_02.jpg

Spoiler

bioherms_BlighReef-copy.jpg

Best regards,

Phil

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

At least make the ranges a ratio of their actual performance. Spearfish had 72km range, the mk 48 had 40km range, and the UGST has 60km range. . . . So 6km spearfish, 5km UGST, and 4km mk 48.

medal medal medal medal

Just like there are different ground force and air battles, this could be a different group separate from the others.  It would be better if anti-submarine ships participated imo.

I'm PS4 player and found that auto aim (targeting) could not function. It can't move up &down but just left&right ONLY.  Please fix asap.:facepalm:

medal medal medal

After today's update 1st of April 2018 i experience some problems with the game it takes a lot of time (about 5 minutes) to start the game,it also takes a lot of time to enter a battle and to return to the garage after the update.

medal

I'm not going to lie.  I miss the original format, although a bigger map would have been cool.  Really communicated the need for stealth.

medal medal medal

10 hours ago, ToxicSight said:

Actual anti-submarine warfare is done through complex mathematics and planning hours ahead, and working with helicopters, planes and ships on areas that are hundreds of km^2 large

With these types of subs, it would devastate naval ships because you can sit back quite far and remote in with good visual detection on the target.

WW2 and older style subs would be a better fit, more lining up your shot with parascope and relying on weak magnetic detection systems.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

You interrupt my play for this? The sub game is on a par with Mario Kart as far as gameplay and relevance goes. I bailed after 2 and a bit minutes. It's rubbish.

medal medal medal medal medal

Few small changes, so how does that work out at 20GB for PS4. Considering we can't buy any parts for the fix it models, and now we've this in the middle of the event. 

medal