Enduring Confrontation updates archive

We should see AA become more powerful. 50-cal and 20mm AA should be powerful when the player is within 1km of the AA. This should encourage players to make quick strikes with attackers on defended targets, instead of bombers being able to slowly loiter close over targets. This would also make players have to attack ships more realistically, launching torpedoes from a distance. No more simply loitering around anything defended by AA.

Edited by PlasmaDavid
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

2 hours ago, PlasmaDavid said:

We should see AA become more powerful. 50-cal and 20mm AA should be powerful when the player is within 1km of the AA. This should encourage players to make quick strikes with attackers on defended targets, instead of bombers being able to slowly loiter close over targets. This would also make players have to attack ships more realistically, launching torpedoes from a distance. No more simply loitering around anything defended by AA.

I agree with the "range" thing you suggested. If it was like this, it would make ground attacking a challenge that doesnt mean either 100% you'Re gonna die (like on some pacific islands) or 100% chance to survive.

rewards for destroying ground targets should be significantly increased too though.

these changes should apply more to operations though. except there's gonna be any new missions coming to EC.

Edited by RyanAir98
medal medal medal

@lastGrayAngel can we get France added back to Sicily or UK added to Montmedy?

Right now battles for France only are very low-populated or sometimes there are no battles at all. Adding UK to French map will make semi-historical sense with UK expeditionary force being present in 1940 on the continent - even if not in this very area as shown on map.

I do not know why people do not fly French - maybe it's lack of planes, BR gaps or they just don't like it - but it makes progressing through tech tree very difficult if you do not play RB and AB (so for people like me) because even if there is battle it's usually 2vs2 3vs3 etc. I am yet to see battle with France in it with more than 10 players on each side.

Maybe France need more plane added or people need to progress through tech tree more to get better plane but you can always remove UK back from French map in future if things changes

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

52 minutes ago, TheLastWhiteMan said:

Nobody has ever seen the French aircraft over Sicily, but someone may have seen them over the northern Italy. And the Italians should not be added to Montmedy.

there was squadron of french spits in there but have not seen much action. I think only recon flights

medal medal medal medal medal

You can do so many things ...

Best drops of water in a plane cabin when entering the cloud.

Blood splashed in the cockpit when they hurt the pilot ...

Sparks in the instruments in the cockpit due to projectile impacts.

Etc.. Etc... 

Edited by *xxREY_HUNTERxx
  • Sad 1

• Developer
5 hours ago, *xxREY_HUNTERxx said:

You can do so many things ...

Best drops of water in a plane cabin when entering the cloud.

Blood splashed in the cockpit when they hurt the pilot ...

Sparks in the instruments in the cockpit due to projectile impacts.

Etc.. Etc... 

someone can believe :-)

• Like 1

On 17.4.2018 at 12:30 PM, lastGrayAngel said:

no it cant' cause aaa have no such logic.they just shoot without increasing/decreasing accuracy overtime or overdistance

Can they have decreasing precision as well? i repeat my question from before. Are precision and accuracy treated as seperate things as they should or do we only have dispertion as a simplification?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Developer
12 minutes ago, chmooreck said:

Could you move it to bottom of screen ?

i ask programmer

7 minutes ago, DerGrafVonZahl said:

Can they have decreasing precision as well? i repeat my question from before. Are precision and accuracy treated as seperate things as they should or do we only have dispertion as a simplification?

not sure i'm understand. upcoming hotfix will low precission for all (except airfield) aaa.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lastGrayAngel said:

not sure i'm understand. upcoming hotfix will low precission for all (except airfield) aaa.

It's simple, there is a difference between precision and accuracy. Precision usually describes the random disturbence. For guns this is the dispersion of the shot. Accuracy describes where the soth goes if there is no dispersion. i.e. was the gun aimed properly. So accuracy is more of an element of the player not the game. But for AI accuracy is important, does the AI always aim right and it only misses because of disperion or does it make mistakes when it aims? the accuracy would describe the degree on how skillfull the AI aims. Accuracy can also be changed for players. While the precision in RB and SB for all weapons are the same (as the guns themselves have the same dispersion), accuracy for RB and SB isn't the same as from a psychomotorical perspective it'S harde to get your sights on target with joystick or mouse joy as it is with mouse aim. So even though the guns are perfectly (especially in ther precision) the same the hit percentages are different.

Accuracy and precision are obviously two different things. And i fear that problems that are due to a unrealitically high accuracy will be solved by lowering the precision. You can get a realistic hit percentage this way but you get it the wrong way:

unrealistic high accuracy + unrealic low precision = realistic hit percentage. (you get the right result but the properties are still unrealistic)

so you need to be able to make sure you get:

realistic high accuracy + realistic low precision = realistic hit percentage

That's why my question is if the programmers treat accuracy and precision as two different things. 

http://blog.minitab.com/blog/real-world-quality-improvement/accuracy-vs-precision-whats-the-difference

This exlpains it nicely. It'S somewhat pedantic but in the context of WT i think it actually matters.
You can see this in the treatment of bombers in Sim, where the main problem of their high gunner hit percentages is due to the accuracy of mouse aim. But when this is "fixed" by adjusting the gun dispersion (i.e. the precision) it ruined RB as then the mix of accuracy and precision was of as well as in RB the accuracy was actually fine and now they get a unreasonably low hit percentage because precision got changed instead of accuracy.

Treating those two differently doesn't really work, it's not that drastic for AAA but in general it matters for WT.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Developer

we have no such params (for mission editing). so it can't be done without fully rewriting all aiming system for all units (they all uses one system)

• Like 1

• Pony51 changed the title to Enduring Confrontation updates archive