Jump to content

Enduring Confrontation updates archive


1 hour ago, DerGrafVonZahl said:

 

Would it though? I mean it's abeginners area. If they leave the game because they get clubbed they leave anyway. They will fight bots if not enough beginners are there but they have an area to get used to SB.

The arcade beginners area isn't dividing the playerbase either.

Possibly. I just know from personal experience how hard it was to get past tier 1 Italy in SB because of the low number of players and matches for the first bracket. Hence why I'd be hesitant to further divide the playerbase of a low population section of a low population game mode.

Edited by Kawolski_VII
medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ruhr is once more unplayable due to too much mid-map aaa units. If you want to provide ground targets for people then do they have to be aaa? Absolutely kills any reason to venture to the other side of the frontline because you will be pinpointed by the aaa the whole way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, _IFF said:

Ruhr is once more unplayable due to too much mid-map aaa units. If you want to provide ground targets for people then do they have to be aaa? Absolutely kills any reason to venture to the other side of the frontline because you will be pinpointed by the aaa the whole way.

It's annoying but frankly it's only problematic if you decide to turnfight 100m above them. If you stay fast or fly above 3km you are safe.

Before you tell me all the action is down low - noone tell you to go there slow. I can get 10-15kills in a match not being hit by AAA once.

On EC1 and for some slower EC2 planes it might be problem though

medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Sun Apr 01 2018 at 12:10 AM, lastGrayAngel said:

Will the Water droplets return to the windows of the Cabin when entering the clouds?

Edited by *xxREY_HUNTERxx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Developer
15 hours ago, _IFF said:

Ruhr is once more unplayable due to too much mid-map aaa units. If you want to provide ground targets for people then do they have to be aaa? Absolutely kills any reason to venture to the other side of the frontline because you will be pinpointed by the aaa the whole way.

Hello. Do u mean long range AA (80-90mm) or middle range AA (37-40mm)? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lastGrayAngel said:

Hello. Do u mean long range AA (80-90mm) or middle range AA (37-40mm)? 

I don't think I even know how to tell the difference. I mean those things that are on the ground, possibly some named town-like location on the map, that go pew pew and tracers start coming towards my aircraft and they explode. Mid-map meaning they don't appear to be associated with any airfields, bombing circles or ground battles, not necessarily geometrically exactly at the middle of the map, although in the case of ruhr that's often the case, which makes the issue worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Developer
39 minutes ago, _IFF said:

I don't think I even know how to tell the difference. 

we can easy to "tune" AAA amount for each map. i'll check the situation and will try to find best solution (just lower their quality, or no to spawn them too close for each other)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, lastGrayAngel said:

we can easy to "tune" AAA amount for each map. i'll check the situation and will try to find best solution (just lower their quality, or no to spawn them too close for each other)

@lastGrayAngel I think lowering their quality or accuracy would be the best solution. They are deadly accurate even at 10k ft. Was hit at that alt and had to rtb cause everything turned yellow.:facepalm:

medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Developer
22 minutes ago, *ryanka420 said:

@lastGrayAngel I think lowering their quality or accuracy would be the best solution. They are deadly accurate even at 10k ft. Was hit at that alt and had to rtb cause everything turned yellow.:facepalm:

ok. i'll change accuracy from 0.3 to 0.1

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, lastGrayAngel said:

we can easy to "tune" AAA amount for each map. i'll check the situation and will try to find best solution (just lower their quality, or no to spawn them too close for each other)

Remove them. Simply turning down the accuracy is not enough even if you turned it down to 0% where they can never hit anyone. They still pinpoint the location of any fighters bothering to cross the frontline. This is such a big disadvantage that crossing the frontine becomes less and less attractive proposition, might as well wait for the enemy to come to your side and get perfect radar-like information where the enemy is.

 

What is the intended purpose of those mid-map aaa units? Provide targets of opportunity for attacker aircraft? If so then why does the targets have to be aaa and not some other unit type?

 

Ruhr was somewhat playable for the couple past months because it seemingly had fewer mid-map aaa units.

Edited by _IFF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, lastGrayAngel said:

Hello. Do u mean long range AA (80-90mm) or middle range AA (37-40mm)? 

Hello LGA, I battled in pretty intense AAA 1 hour at 0-300 meters altitude last night at Sicily tier 1 and never took an AAA hit. Honestly the flak felt very realistic but I became too fatigued from the noise to continue. 

 

 

Edited by r00k_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, lastGrayAngel said:

ok. i'll change accuracy from 0.3 to 0.1

 

how many values are there to determine hit percentage? is precision handled differently from accuracy?

i.e. does the AA always aim correcly but the spread of the impact is the reason for the misses or is the AA aiming wrong as well?

precision_accuracy.png

i i.e. do we only have the lower left picture or do we also have the upper right one? I mean it would need two values at least to model the reason for misses correctly... a third if we add fuze timers that can be set wrong as well. Just want to know how detailled it's modelled. I know most people use the words interchangably but by modelling AA the difference might be something to consider. Just curious.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@lastGrayAngel I was on civil war at China last night playing as the ussr and noticed that friendly ground units(artillery, aaa,etc)  that are supposed to be located at different locations across the map didn't spawn. And the 2 hours that i stayed in that EC I only witnessed 2 air supremacy battles! 

where as the other maps it was working properly.. Can you check your side to see it is okay?

Edited by *ryanka420
medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please don't remove AAA and don't dumb them down. The accuracy is already ridiculously low.

 

AAA and flak should defend every strategic target. Every rail bridge, towns and cities, industrial areas, military bases, ground units concentrations and supply depots, fuel and ammo, rail stations. 

It is stupid to fly low over enemy territory and whoever wants do to this without consequences is simply ignorant. 

Please add 20mm AAA and replace half of current 40mm positions with them. Also the tracers of 40mm look unrealistic and poor.

 

Ask Gaijin for pure dogfight game mode if you don't want to be bothered by AAA, but don't enforce unrealistic solutions to a game mode that aims to represent dynamic realistic battlefield.

  • Upvote 8
medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sputnik_77 said:

Please don't remove AAA and don't dumb them down. The accuracy is already ridiculously low.

 

AAA and flak should defend every strategic target. Every rail bridge, towns and cities, industrial areas, military bases, ground units concentrations and supply depots, fuel and ammo, rail stations. 

It is stupid to fly low over enemy territory and whoever wants do to this without consequences is simply ignorant. 

Please add 20mm AAA and replace half of current 40mm positions with them. Also the tracers of 40mm look unrealistic and poor.

 

Ask Gaijin for pure dogfight game mode if you don't want to be bothered by AAA, but don't enforce unrealistic solutions to a game mode that aims to represent dynamic realistic battlefield.

Agreed aaa shouldn't be removed because they give away ones position. I think they add alot of immersion into the game mode and they are really useful for both teams.

  • Like 1
medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@lastGrayAngel

About the AAA - yesterday i played few chronicle event games - Pearl Harbor.

And AAA there is awsome - it will not snipe you from miles away. It gets more accurate the longer you loiter over battlefield.

It does NOT shoot through land!

 

So you are not scared to death to even enter the area and yet there's always a chance you will be hit by AAA.

 

Can this ^^ be implemented in EC?

Especially for airfield AAA?

Right now we have 6-8 aaa placements in there and yet it seems like there's at least x4 more of them.

High caliber guns shooting at speeds that pom-poms would be proud of.

medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Developer
1 hour ago, Amyel said:

@lastGrayAngel

About the AAA - yesterday i played few chronicle event games - Pearl Harbor.

And AAA there is awsome - it will not snipe you from miles away. It gets more accurate the longer you loiter over battlefield.

It does NOT shoot through land!

 

So you are not scared to death to even enter the area and yet there's always a chance you will be hit by AAA.

 

Can this ^^ be implemented in EC?

Especially for airfield AAA?

Right now we have 6-8 aaa placements in there and yet it seems like there's at least x4 more of them.

High caliber guns shooting at speeds that pom-poms would be proud of.

 

no it cant' cause aaa have no such logic.they just shoot without increasing/decreasing accuracy overtime or overdistance

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, lastGrayAngel said:

 

no it cant' cause aaa have no such logic.they just shoot without increasing/decreasing accuracy overtime or overdistance

 

It would be a pretty good feature to consider in the future.

Edited by Katsukai
medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Developer
1 hour ago, Katsukai said:

 

It would be a pretty good feature to consider in the future.

it's in plans for gameplay programmers, but have no strong priority

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lastGrayAngel said:

 

no it cant' cause aaa have no such logic.they just shoot without increasing/decreasing accuracy overtime or overdistance

I think both AAA AI and bombsights on bombers should get logic implemented so that accuracy is "lagged". What I mean is that if player's plane flight parameters remain cosntant (speed, alt, course) it will get accurate but when any of mentioned parameters change it will take few seconds for gun/sight to adjust.

One note - it have to be bind to barometric altitude to prevent changes in land height to affect it (you can assume you know what alt is your bomb target for example).

It would force bomberrs to fly stadliy on final approach to target rather than making last-minute very large corrections.
It's kind of compromise between what we have now and how real bombsights worked and the same code can be used for AAA accuracy.

Edited by przybysz86
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lastGrayAngel said:

 

no it cant' cause aaa have no such logic.they just shoot without increasing/decreasing accuracy overtime or overdistance

Sorry but simply do not understand what logic.

 

Currently in EC if you stay close to airfield you will be tear apart in seconds.

In Peral Harbor mission you can fly next to ships and not being sniped straight away - therefore there is a difference in "behaviour" - which implies different coding.

medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Amyel said:

In Peral Harbor mission you can fly next to ships and not being sniped straight away - therefore there is a difference in "behaviour" - which implies different coding.

Or the pearl harbor ship aaa have comparatively low accuracy and thus it just takes them awhile to get a hit on average.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But is it wrong?
I'm not all trained soldier etc. but i'm not bad shot IRL.

And yet at shooting moving targets i suck - and mind small caliber, easy to handle guns against no so far away moving with relatively low speed targets.

In game AAA snipes you down even if you are going X00 mph with higher caliber guns that required foot or wheel/handles - and honestly it's not that great even with extreme hand2eye coordination.

 

It's just a bit annoying that people stay very close to airfields or run there just after initial pass as they know they are safe there. And with added sentinels over airfields it's simply not needed.

medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Pony51 changed the title to Enduring Confrontation updates archive
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...