Jump to content

Enduring Confrontation updates archive


@lastGrayAngel may I suggest adding one more rank of EC?

Right now we have terrible BR compression in ranks 1 and 5
In rank 1 new people in 1.0 biplanes fight things like He-100, BF-109E, F2A-1, MIG-3, Ki-43 etc that are untouchable even in hands of total novices. I know that in EC1 SP costs are higher but that only means that guys more likely to get those plane first are experienced players who go there to club new guys. If we can let EC1 end at 1.7 (and move few most powerful 1.7 planes to 2.0) it would be great.

Most people fly 1.7 and 2.0 planes in Ec2 anyway so it won't change that much but will prevent the huge imbalance.

As for EC5 - we have planes like Yak-15 or Me-262A-1 fighting hunters, sabres and Mig-17s. On the other hand in EC4 some nations have post war props like spit mk24, P-51H, etc.

If we can get EC 4.5 between EC4 and EC5 that will allow top props and very early jets (aka 1946 scenario) and then get EC5 to be Korean war rank it would help a lot.
It might at first split small community even further but maybe reason why not many people fly on those ranks is because of the unbalance I've mentioned.

Not to mention that with tanks rank VI we can already prepare EC for planes rank VI

Obviously some small rearrangement of BR limits for EC2,3 and 4 would have been in order

What do you think of the idea?

Alternatively we can change EC5 to cut at BR 8.0 and move all the top jets to the system known from tank SB - where we have pre-defined line-ups East vs West where Japanese Sabre will fight on western side and German Mig-15 on eastern. We can also have there B-29s , Tu-4s, etc.


Only problem is with germany but I believe that programmers can figure out a way for german player to be able to choose for which side he/she want to queue and if player choose for example Eastern block he will only be able to play Mig-15bis with sabre locked and vice versa. Such semi-static-list rank might be ran w/o timers and SP cost since all players will use top rank planes anyway.

This rank6 setup can also include Po-2 :D

Edited by przybysz86
  • Like 5
medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mollotin said:

Not really relevant to LGAs work i guess tho...

EC is his baby so even if not directly he might be able to influence it :)

medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could also look at utilizing an alternating lowend/highend lineup days on some of the tiers that are currently very lightly populated. Somewhat similar what simulator tanks do. As an example you could leave EC2, 3 and 4* as-is. EC5 would alternate between low-end and high-end lineups daily or whatever frequency is deemed appropriate. Not exactly ideal but could be workable system considering the quite low number of players overall. Simulator air battles are not exactly filling the servers with multiple full-16v16 matches these days even at the most popular tiers. Having too fine-grained choice available at the same time may diffuse the players too much in this kind of situtation. A one-day rotation schedule could be a tolerable situation for people if it increases the player numbers for any given single match.

 

*) The problem of performance difference with f8f-1b, p-51h-5, spitfire mk 24 and such compared to current opposition would still remain, but possibly above setup could allow moving them to br6.7 and thus partake in the low-end ec5 matches.

 

Edited by _IFF
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A small but very irritating problem

 

The AAA is visually shooting in the opposite direction, but actually shooting down aeroplanes. So it seems the tracers are going in the opposite direction.

In the screen shots below, you can see the tracers and the kill awarded as AAA does kill the intruding aircraft in spite of shooting in the opposite direction

 

5acf0421471a5_shot2018_04_1211_56_25.thu

 

5acf0425a7a98_shot2018_04_1211_56_27.thu

 

medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

how about setup like this:
EC1 1.0-1.3: just beginners. If need be they can face bots, etc. This is stage when most people learn how EC works,etc. This rank should have smaller maps (or rather same size maps but airfields, bases, targets packed much closer together so that poor biplanes do not have to spend 30mins just to get to target. It will also prevent stuff like Sunderland MK III clubbing reserves
Potential problems: Ki-27 might be too strong but it can be later moved to 1.7. Other than that it should be pretty balanced

 

EC2 1.7-2.7 early years. This will consist most pre-war and early war planes (Battle of Britain and very early days of Barbarossa or pacific fights).

Potenatial problems: UK does not have 1.7 fighter but they do have 1.7 bombers. Possibly hurricane mk I/L can be moved to 1.7 to fill the gap - it will still remain EC in this setup

 

EC3 3.0 - 4.3 mid-war stuff

 

EC4 4.3 - 5.7 late war props

 

EC5 6.0 - 7.0 post-war props and WW2-era jets

 

EC6 7.3+ - late jets

EDIT: This is just quick idea but I hope it shows what I was talking about

Edited by przybysz86
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, przybysz86 said:

how about setup like this:
EC1 1.0-1.3: just beginners. If need be they can face bots, etc. This is stage when most people learn how EC works,etc. This rank should have smaller maps (or rather same size maps but airfields, bases, targets packed much closer together so that poor biplanes do not have to spend 30mins just to get to target. It will also prevent stuff like Sunderland MK III clubbing reserves
Potential problems: Ki-27 might be too strong but it can be later moved to 1.7. Other than that it should be pretty balanced

 

EC2 1.7-2.7 early years. This will consist most pre-war and early war planes (Battle of Britain and very early days of Barbarossa or pacific fights).

Potenatial problems: UK does not have 1.7 fighter but they do have 1.7 bombers. Possibly hurricane mk I/L can be moved to 1.7 to fill the gap - it will still remain EC in this setup

 

EC3 3.0 - 4.3 mid-war stuff

 

EC4 4.3 - 5.7 late war props

 

EC5 6.0 - 7.0 post-war props and WW2-era jets

 

EC6 7.3+ - late jets

EDIT: This is just quick idea but I hope it shows what I was talking about

 

I would add to that in the beginners EC there shouldn't be any planes that can enable autopilot... it should be a training ground to get used to the full real controls.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DerGrafVonZahl said:

 

I would add to that in the beginners EC there shouldn't be any planes that can enable autopilot... it should be a training ground to get used to the full real controls.

problem is not with autopilot but with mouse aim gunners with stabilisation better than M1 Abrams

medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, przybysz86 said:

problem is not with autopilot but with mouse aim gunners with stabilisation better than M1 Abrams

 

I agree... but you get the point. It's a training area not a "farm reserve planes" Area.

maybe even make it a special Battle that only players with little play time in SB can attend. Like the AB beginners area.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DerGrafVonZahl said:

 

I agree... but you get the point. It's a training area not a "farm reserve planes" Area.

maybe even make it a special Battle that only players with little play time in SB can attend. Like the AB beginners area.

I totally agree but only real solution is to get rid of mouse aim - everything else will not work in my opinion.

BTW - on BR 1.0-1.3 there are not many planes that are that dangrous to novice pilots. If we cut 1.7 and 2.0 it will remove sunderland, hapde, PBY, TBD, SBD, B-18, SB2 and other popular gunshippers. That few that remians like Blenheim can just be bumped to 1.7

I think bigger problem than autopilot are planes with all round turret coverage like said blenheim. Swordfish do have a gunner and autopilot and yet it's not that balance-breaking as other machines

medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, przybysz86 said:

I totally agree but only real solution is to get rid of mouse aim - everything else will not work in my opinion.

 

In the end yes... but for a training ground it would be enough to bar those planes.

 

Just now, przybysz86 said:


BTW - on BR 1.0-1.3 there are not many planes that are that dangrous to novice pilots. If we cut 1.7 and 2.0 it will remove sunderland, hapde, PBY, TBD, SBD, B-18, SB2 and other popular gunshippers. That few that remians like Blenheim can just be bumped to 1.7

 

i disagree... new player in a reserve pane fighting Bf-109 E1s? nooo we don't need that.

 

Just now, przybysz86 said:

I think bigger problem than autopilot are planes with all round turret coverage like said blenheim. Swordfish do have a gunner and autopilot and yet it's not that balance-breaking as other machines

 

It all plays together the autopilot is a bit much as well.. not that it exists but the amount of damage it can take and still fly level while you yourself couldn't do that anymore is astonishing.
It's not about balance it never was.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DerGrafVonZahl said:

i disagree... new player in a reserve pane fighting Bf-109 E1s? nooo we don't need that.

in my recommendation EC1 should be 1.0 and 1.3 only - how the hell you can fit E-1 there?

 

I agree that novice should only play very basic planes w/o all the fancy features - just plane kindergarten fun. 1.7 and 2.0 where more modern monoplanes are should be EC2

medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@TheLastWhiteMan

in general I agree and people can still take I-15 or CR32/42 into EC2 that starts at 1.7 in my suggestion.

EC1 should be for novice only - I know at least couple of pilots who entered game, fewl few miissions with stock reserve plane (I know it's not 100% stock) only to meet someone in I-153, Ki-43 or 109E1 or worse in Sunderland, SB2, or Ki-21 that are not only faste than reseve planes but also shoot laser guided guns in every direction.

They just stopped playing WT at this point becuas it was not fun for them to die over and over to a plane they can't touch. And sadly it' snot matter of skill as you know - no amount of skill will allow you to win vs I-153 unless it's piloted by total idiot .

Keep in mind that planes like He-51, I-15, CR32, etc were already being phased out by the time of Spannish War so their place as uptiered EC2 (with EC2 being 1.7-2.7) would be just fine. Still OK-ish bug in general obsolete.

In my opinion EC1 up to 1.3 only will end up being mosly vs bots and people will much quicker be able to move to EC2 where the normal game begins. EC1 will only serve as PvP tutorial.

Also keep in midnt that player who freshly move to EC2 does not have enough planes to fill all slots so he will with 99% probablity bring thsoe biplanes there as well. Even today we see such planes in EC2 - rarely but it happens

Edited by przybysz86
medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not trying to throw spanners but (i do not know much about other TTs) Bf109 A/B? I think they are 1.3 at this moment.

Granted it's low BR due to having only a couple of MGs but still in terms of flight abilities?

 

Also - i think many players tries to skip that segment of a game due to dreadful aiming devices on early planes.

medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Amyel said:

Not trying to throw spanners but (i do not know much about other TTs) Bf109 A/B? I think they are 1.3 at this moment.

Granted it's low BR due to having only a couple of MGs but still in terms of flight abilities?

yes, but US have F3F (slow but very agile), RU have both I-15bis turner and I-16t5 monoplane, JP have A5M and Ki-27 (not to mention Ki-10 which is best reserve in game), IT have CR-42 and the small breda, and France have all the D50x.

thing is that 109A/B can cruise on deck at around 400-415kph - speed that might be out of reach for reserves but that even Gladiator and CR42 can easily achieve in a medium angle dive. Not to mention that most of the time 109B will not be doing top cruise speed .

On the other hand planes like H-100, Mig-3, Ki-43-I, I-153 etc are out of reach (due to speed or other characteristics) even for planes like Bf-109B not to mention reserves

 

11 minutes ago, Amyel said:

Also - i think many players tries to skip that segment of a game due to dreadful aiming devices on early planes.

That's why very limited EC1 will work only for those who have to (aka total new guys) and rest will go EC2 instead of clubbing them there

Edited by przybysz86
medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TheLastWhiteMan said:

 

...and one experienced pilot, who occupies EC1 all the time on his i-15wr, and who sadistically trashes everything from 1.0 to 2.0.

 

...said guy who constantly occupies JP(mostly) EC2 in a sunderland to mouse-farm planes that are very bad vs bombers ;)


Jokes aside - you can never get rid of such guys but if he/she relaly have to I would like to see him/her use I-15 rather than PBY, Ki-43, etc.
At least when he is In i-15WR players in similar planes stand a chance  - right now when I get to battle and I can't afford anything above 1.3 and he is flying 2.0 I am out. Especially since in EC1 grinding to top BR is much, much longer

Edited by przybysz86
  • Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheLastWhiteMan said:

But I die also often. Moreover a Sunderland historically had a reputation for the most difficult to shoot down aircraft in the first phase of the war (1939-1941).

that was a joke (well ... partially at least) mate but I still stand by my opinion that game should start at EC2 and EC1 should be for novice only.

If you really hate the idea of changing EC1 I can recommend creating EC0 for 1.0-1.3 planes only - of the difference in name would make such huge difference. :)

medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DerGrafVonZahl said:

 

I agree... but you get the point. It's a training area not a "farm reserve planes" Area.

maybe even make it a special Battle that only players with little play time in SB can attend. Like the AB beginners area.

The problem with limiting the very first EC to new players only is that there are experienced players out there who haven't touched one or more nations. If they ever wanted to start grinding them out, they wouldn't be able to do it in Sim because of your playtime restrictions for the lowest bracket.

medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Kawolski_VII said:

The problem with limiting the very first EC to new players only is that there are experienced players out there who haven't touched one or more nations. If they ever wanted to start grinding them out, they wouldn't be able to do it in Sim because of your playtime restrictions for the lowest bracket.

 

What?

 

That makes no sense.

I don't say old players can't be playing EC1 i'm saying there should be an extre EC1 for beginners.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DerGrafVonZahl said:

 

What?

 

That makes no sense.

I don't say old players can't be playing EC1 i'm saying there should be an extre EC1 for beginners.

So there'd be 2 EC 1's that would divide the playerbase even more?

medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Kawolski_VII said:

So there'd be 2 EC 1's that would divide the playerbase even more?

 

Would it though? I mean it's abeginners area. If they leave the game because they get clubbed they leave anyway. They will fight bots if not enough beginners are there but they have an area to get used to SB.

The arcade beginners area isn't dividing the playerbase either.

  • Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Pony51 changed the title to Enduring Confrontation updates archive
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...