Enduring Confrontation updates archive

25 minutes ago, DaffanZ said:

When they exist, they don't even take off anymore. So game ends randomly. 

ok - let me correct my statement. Can we get more bots that actually participate, fly, fight?

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal

I both of those are long term issues:

Bots not replacing players when population falls.

Bots eventually not respawning or falling into a perpetual spawn-crash cycle.

Both players and bots in the hangar count as ‘not playing’ so any low population team (1-2) will periodically count as ‘no players remaining’ and lose a ton of tickets even if one does respawn before the game ends.

medal

28 minutes ago, Kernow1346 said:

I both of those are long term issues:

Bots not replacing players when population falls.

Bots eventually not respawning or falling into a perpetual spawn-crash cycle.

Both players and bots in the hangar count as ‘not playing’ so any low population team (1-2) will periodically count as ‘no players remaining’ and lose a ton of tickets even if one does respawn before the game ends.

Let's not forget the good times when you are outnumbered in terms of players, but your team doesn't get bots to bolster the ranks (which is something you'd want since it at least makes for other planes to shoot at, other than yours)

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, FouManchou said:

Let's not forget the good times when you are outnumbered in terms of players, but your team doesn't get bots to bolster the ranks (which is something you'd want since it at least makes for other planes to shoot at, other than yours)

Indeed. I especially enjoy it when the other side still has a few bots in addition to the players and the bots unerringly seek you out - sometimes in groups of 2-3 - and just as you spot a dot a km or more away, coming right at you, and are wondering, “Hmm, is that an enemy, maybe?” They open fire with laser-ranged, computer-predicted accuracy, as they “know” you’re enemy. How I laugh at the subsequent 30-min wait, the repair cost and the loss of hard-earned SP needed to fly my top BR aircraft. When it takes more than an entire EC to research one module, an additional 30-min barrier is so amusing... 

• Upvote 2
medal

1 hour ago, Kernow1346 said:

Indeed. I especially enjoy it when the other side still has a few bots in addition to the players and the bots unerringly seek you out - sometimes in groups of 2-3 - and just as you spot a dot a km or more away, coming right at you, and are wondering, “Hmm, is that an enemy, maybe?” They open fire with laser-ranged, computer-predicted accuracy, as they “know” you’re enemy. How I laugh at the subsequent 30-min wait, the repair cost and the loss of hard-earned SP needed to fly my top BR aircraft. When it takes more than an entire EC to research one module, an additional 30-min barrier is so amusing... 

yes - they should not shoot on initial merge but it's still better than not having bots at all and being outnumbered 5:1 when suddenly you are only enemy dot in the air and as soon as you take off - 5 guys are on your tail because you see planes taking off from 20-30km.

Beside - what you describe also happens with players. If I am in say 109 and I see Thunderbolt going head on - I will shoot.
If it's hitlerbolt - oh well - it's his problem to take that stupid plane into game ;)
There are more ambiguous planes out there but most of the time you can determine what is flying at you at fairly long range.

Whether going head on with anything is a good choice is another story. I always play it safe personally

medal medal medal medal medal

Is anyone else finding the higher tier airfield defenders annoying? They generally fail to do anything to a2d zombers or base strafers while many times end up helping them as its now harder to complete many objectives as the airfield bots will often chase me 10km. I would much rather SPAA bots to defend the airfields. They're a huge pest at top tier as well, you have someone attacking your base, approaching at mach 1+ you see 2 or 3 dots and have to guess which one is the enemy, other times I have been rammed by friendly bots. Right now we have base AA and defence bots that are almost 0% effective against the most disruptive attacks in the game.

medal medal medal

1 hour ago, lizardmech said:

Is anyone else finding the higher tier airfield defenders annoying? They generally fail to do anything to a2d zombers or base strafers while many times end up helping them as its now harder to complete many objectives as the airfield bots will often chase me 10km. I would much rather SPAA bots to defend the airfields. They're a huge pest at top tier as well, you have someone attacking your base, approaching at mach 1+ you see 2 or 3 dots and have to guess which one is the enemy, other times I have been rammed by friendly bots. Right now we have base AA and defence bots that are almost 0% effective against the most disruptive attacks in the game.

Noticed the same. They never attack those A2D zombers, but I got shot down multiple times by those bots while trying to bomb a base or some ground targets and sometimes miles away from their AF

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

15 hours ago, lizardmech said:

It's because the airfield defender balance is CRAP

me262 are useless

yet the LA15 will chase u forever

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

12 hours ago, DaffanZ said:

It's because the airfield defender balance is CRAP

me262 are useless

yet the LA15 will chase u forever

That is true. Can't get rid of this La-15s...:D

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 12/12/2019 at 15:47, ivica70 said:

Noticed the same. They never attack those A2D zombers, but I got shot down multiple times by those bots while trying to bomb a base or some ground targets and sometimes miles away from their AF

I have seen this live the last couple of days, they exploit the AI weakness of low alt flying. As soon as the A2D sees a AI on six they go to the deck and the AI lose track of them. The AI then turns, rolls or loop which gives the A2D a heads start. Repeat that and you have a AI 2-5 kms behind you = no threat.

medal medal medal

I will also post here to bring attention to the subject again:

Note that the situation with top tier is different: we cannot go "one tier up" to get no timers as other EC modes can.

Arguably we are getting into a situation of a lot of 10.3 (likely even more in the patches to come), and a no timer/no SP top tier exclusive EC would create for interesting battles. I understand that operation mode allows for spawning such planes immediately, but it is simply not popular. 

We would be quite grateful if you considered such an option.

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I have two ideas that could improve or make EC more interesting:

1. 1.Add an additional countdown to respawn when the airstrip of that airfield where you want to spawn is damaged, so after selecting it and pressing respawn button you would need to wait 20-30 seconds when it is damaged.Since people are not spamming bombers (because of recent economic and some Battle Rating changes), even during events it wouldn’t break this gamemode and damaging them would affect the airfield like other modules (the more damaged are modules the longer it takes to refuel/repair/rearm your airplane). 
  2. 2.Move the spawn location of convoys to those bomb bases which are spawned randomly (or make new ones that are normally hidden on the map but they are appearing again when the player gets close to them, something similar to airfield spotting mechanics) because currently there are situations when they spawn next to the airfield and then they are driving between for example two of them what makes them very hard to destroy unless you want to be hit by the AAA. Also it would be required to slow that convoy down to prevent it from getting to the frontline too fast.

Screenshot of that issue:

Spoiler

As you can see the convoy spawned right next to the airfield and will also get to the frontline very soon and can't really be intercepted because they will always be flying fighters close to it and there's a chance that AAA will hit or kill you.

shot_2019.12.22_02.15.57.jpg

Edited by RideR2
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal

• Pony51 changed the title to Enduring Confrontation updates archive