Enduring Confrontation updates archive

I'm very sorry to type this thing out here because a lot of good things have been added to the game and especially into the EC maps. More bases and ground targets. AI Bombers and attacker formations appear more frequently. Great stuff!!

Still, been rage quitting 2 times now... Also found my self repeatedly ranting in the battle chat... This is not good. I usually don't do that mucho. I don't even remember the last time being this angry and frustrated in-game. Been flying the Tier IV EC battles and yeah LOL you've guessed it, -mostly German aircraft 109 G's and 190 D's + Do 217 E-4 which are all maxed out spaded and trying to grind the Ta 152 C-3 modifications. About 4 days in a row lost close to 2 million silver lions... Too many C-3 modifications left to do. This is just ridiculous. Ohh and BTW the German fighters still don't have all the bloody trimmers done. How many years to wait??? Not to even mention the bloody flaps causing more nose drag than lift. More like airbrakes than flaps (i know the pumping on and off helps but cmon...) These things are really getting too old guys. Really.

Too many allied plane variants have been buffed to being something beyond description. P-51-D's low altitude performance and ALL Yak's just naming the EDIT: clearest super performers (those make the La's look like toy planes... So i would expect them to be buffed soon aswell which would make things even worse of course). Some Spitfires seem to do amazing things now too but maybe that's just the premiums. I've got the explanations for the higher octane fuel being the reason. Well i didn't know props turn into 'jets' with octane buff and i dare to disagree with that -meaning how it is/how it looks currently in-game. These are not just minor things. I can already see a wall of angry allied machine fans attacking me here to the point of destruction, -especially the engineer people, -just like in-game LOL (just for your information i'm allied fan too)

Adding to that there are some weird changes for the SB bomber gunners. They seem to do a LOT LESS damage than before. Sure we fighters hated all the gunners deeply with a passion and so-on, but this is just weird. The damn thing has turned completely around now and it's like in the RB -mode that the gunners do hit, but the damage is a fraction from what it used to in SB. Absolutely and terribly annoying. Been doing a deliberate 'sitting' behind a bomber few times trying to figure out what is going on, and it really seems there is a BIG change. SITTING close range against any direct gunner fire is a damn joke! Adding to that the fully maxed out AI gunners cannot hit ANYTHING now!

Why not happy the 'cancers' got nerfed? Well some damage reduction especially for the smaller caliber rounds would've be just ok but this is just ridiculous now. All you needed to do is make an adjustment to damage and add spread, especially the accuracy/spreading at high angles which have been very unrealistic, especially considering the hand held gunner weapons. Adding to that, the standing waist gunners superior aiming is/has been the most ridiculous aaand at the same time compared to the gunners sitting and and using electrically operated turrets have been stopped firing with very little g-forces when maneuvering. This is what is needed/we expected to get improved -not to even mention about the 1st person gunner views... NOT make it AB!!

AAA fire is just eye candy now and the airbases defenses are clearly different now. Been killed by campers too often and the AAA firing tracers are going to the opposite direction from their target LOL... This is just terrible ****! Personal disappointment is even greater when all this happens just when trying to get activated again (having vacation and planned to play a lot of WT) + grind the goddamn C-3 and also trying to start bomber stuff in there. The worst thing! I don't know what to do now. I really don't. I don't want to login that's for sure :/

EDIT: Sorry also that this output might be confusing to some, and all just feelings and eeerh... anecdotes as one said to me. Well what ever. I'm sure yall can come up with the most difficult and fancy intellectual words imaginable to make me look like a fool. Seeya maybe some times laters in-game.

Edited by FireSammy
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/06/2019 at 23:43, McSlash said:

Set static trim in test flight.

Huge thanks for this advise m8!! I did all my German lineups and it helped a lot!! Still this is a very annoying thing but a LOT LESS than before. If indeed all the German fighter trimms are historically accurate i rest my case but i strongly doubt it. Anyways, again i humbly thank you and i would buy you a beer (or anything you'd like to drink), -actually a whole case of drinks would be better way to show my appreciation for this tip!!

:salute:

Adding to this, it/this got me getting back in-game testing stuff i usually don't test and will try to give a fair update to my earlier ranting post. It might take some time, because i don't want to make too much eeerhh... emotionally tuned LOL, but i really needed to say thanks before that thing, Cheers!

• Thanks 1
medal medal

On 04/06/2019 at 22:43, McSlash said:

Set static trim in test flight.

problem is they sometimes tend to re-set back to 0 for no reason.

They might be fine in next game but for the remaining of the one you've been in when that happened there is no trim-fix for you anymore

medal medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, przybysz86 said:

problem is they sometimes tend to re-set back to 0 for no reason.

They might be fine in next game but for the remaining of the one you've been in when that happened there is no trim-fix for you anymore

If you land the plane, refuel, repair, etc... The trims will reset to zero.

I simply J out AFTER repair, etc... Then respawn in same plane and the trims are back.

Edited by *Nobody__0wens
  • Upvote 4

3 hours ago, McSlash said:

@FireSammy Your ground crew is mechanically bending these tabs to gain static trim, hard to believe they didn't change that with all the variants they created.

trimtab1.jpg.fd09724cabcbefe198b2efd21c6

Trim systems are fairly complicated and add weight. For a fighter with limited endurance (time aloft), it is a good compromise to let the pilot be the trim system. All trim does is relieve pilot workload.

8 hours ago, _Dawger_ said:

All trim does is relieve pilot workload.

in addition a more specific benefit in wt with non-1 non-linearity on an axis it also plays a part in the way your plane responds to joystick movement. If you've trimmed so that for the current conditions your stick is more-or-less near-center then you'll get smaller control surface movement for given joystick movement compared to if your stick was considerably off-center. So being trimmed may be a factor for shooting purposes in a wobbly plane or not spinning out a quickly-stalling plane.

Edited by _IFF
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/06/2019 at 20:45, FireSammy said:

I'm very sorry to type this thing out here because a lot of good things have been added to the game and especially into the EC maps. More bases and ground targets. AI Bombers and attacker formations appear more frequently. Great stuff!!

Still, been rage quitting 2 times now... Also found my self repeatedly ranting in the battle chat... This is not good. I usually don't do that mucho. I don't even remember the last time being this angry and frustrated in-game. Been flying the Tier IV EC battles and yeah LOL you've guessed it, -mostly German aircraft 109 G's and 190 D's + Do 217 E-4 which are all maxed out spaded and trying to grind the Ta 152 C-3 modifications. About 4 days in a row lost close to 2 million silver lions... Too many C-3 modifications left to do. This is just ridiculous. Ohh and BTW the German fighters still don't have all the bloody trimmers done. How many years to wait??? Not to even mention the bloody flaps causing more nose drag than lift. More like airbrakes than flaps (i know the pumping on and off helps but cmon...) These things are really getting too old guys. Really.

Too many allied plane variants have been buffed to being something beyond description. P-51-D's low altitude performance and ALL Yak's just naming the EDIT: clearest super performers (those make the La's look like toy planes... So i would expect them to be buffed soon aswell which would make things even worse of course). Some Spitfires seem to do amazing things now too but maybe that's just the premiums. I've got the explanations for the higher octane fuel being the reason. Well i didn't know props turn into 'jets' with octane buff and i dare to disagree with that -meaning how it is/how it looks currently in-game. These are not just minor things. I can already see a wall of angry allied machine fans attacking me here to the point of destruction, -especially the engineer people, -just like in-game LOL (just for your information i'm allied fan too)

Adding to that there are some weird changes for the SB bomber gunners. They seem to do a LOT LESS damage than before. Sure we fighters hated all the gunners deeply with a passion and so-on, but this is just weird. The damn thing has turned completely around now and it's like in the RB -mode that the gunners do hit, but the damage is a fraction from what it used to in SB. Absolutely and terribly annoying. Been doing a deliberate 'sitting' behind a bomber few times trying to figure out what is going on, and it really seems there is a BIG change. SITTING close range against any direct gunner fire is a damn joke! Adding to that the fully maxed out AI gunners cannot hit ANYTHING now!

Why not happy the 'cancers' got nerfed? Well some damage reduction especially for the smaller caliber rounds would've be just ok but this is just ridiculous now. All you needed to do is make an adjustment to damage and add spread, especially the accuracy/spreading at high angles which have been very unrealistic, especially considering the hand held gunner weapons. Adding to that, the standing waist gunners superior aiming is/has been the most ridiculous aaand at the same time compared to the gunners sitting and and using electrically operated turrets have been stopped firing with very little g-forces when maneuvering. This is what is needed/we expected to get improved -not to even mention about the 1st person gunner views... NOT make it AB!!

AAA fire is just eye candy now and the airbases defenses are clearly different now. Been killed by campers too often and the AAA firing tracers are going to the opposite direction from their target LOL... This is just terrible ****! Personal disappointment is even greater when all this happens just when trying to get activated again (having vacation and planned to play a lot of WT) + grind the goddamn C-3 and also trying to start bomber stuff in there. The worst thing! I don't know what to do now. I really don't. I don't want to login that's for sure :/

EDIT: Sorry also that this output might be confusing to some, and all just feelings and eeerh... anecdotes as one said to me. Well what ever. I'm sure yall can come up with the most difficult and fancy intellectual words imaginable to make me look like a fool. Seeya maybe some times laters in-game.

The amount of base camping is so bad they need to fix it asap. Right now SB is no skill mode.

8.0 vs 10.0. half-afk bomber spam. Strafe on take off. Missiles on take off. Its ridiculous

• Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

17 hours ago, DaffanZ said:

Th. Strafe on take off. Missiles on take off. Its ridiculous

There needs to be at least one airfield on every map with a 5km death zone around it for the enemy. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Today I was playing EC Sicily using the B-24D-25-CO and dropped all the bombs over the airstrip (8x1000lbs), but on the statistics board it showed 3.84 tons ¿Shouldn't be 1.92? and the worst of all was that the damage caused was very little (almost nothing). Is that a glitch? How many TNT is needed to destroy each AF module?

Thanks

Edited by ElTalivan

15 hours ago, ElTalivan said:

3.84 tons ¿Shouldn't be 1.92

Yes it's a bug that pressing spacebar results in double rewards.

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, jonesy91 said:

Any chance of getting helicopters in top tier sim?

Yes please. Helicopters' SB is really limited because it's only available when top tier tank SB is on. And the games are short. For EC SB it would be awesome to have helicopters. Didn't buy one because it would be impossible to fly them once per week.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

@lastGrayAngel  Hi!

Is it possible to reduce number of victory points needed to win air EC from 150.000 to 100.000?

After "double tonnage" bug was fixed, victory points income was greatly decreased, and sessions lasts too long (2+ hours) with 150.000 points limit.

People in losing team usually losing interest and leaving after 100.000 points mark in winning team's score.

Edited by HOPPING_PONY
  • Confused 1
medal

Is this for specific tier of game?
I play mainly EC3 and i'm yet to see a game that is finished by other means than points. And all that in less than 1.5h.

TBF - i was thinking of asking him to INCREASE the pool.

medal medal

17 hours ago, Amyel said:

Is this for specific tier of game?
I play mainly EC3 and i'm yet to see a game that is finished by other means than points. And all that in less than 1.5h.

TBF - i was thinking of asking him to INCREASE the pool.

At all tiers from 1 to 6 the same problem - after 100.000 points players of losing team leave session, and we have to play boring empty session to an end (usually 40+minutes more).

And yes, it usually ends because of points, not time limit, but playing without enemy team is boring.

Edited by HOPPING_PONY
medal

2 hours ago, HOPPING_PONY said:

@lastGrayAngel  Hi!

Is it possible to reduce number of victory points needed to win air EC from 150.000 to 100.000?

After "double tonnage" bug was fixed, victory points income was greatly decreased, and sessions lasts too long (2+ hours) with 150.000 points limit.

People in losing team usually losing interest and leaving after 100.000 points mark in winning team's score.

I disagree. games should take full 3 hours.

I like EC because it's self regulating environment - if game is not balanced loosing team will just switch to another room.

Fighting lost battle can be fun for a a short while as a challenge but normally no one like that as every-day flying.
If you make points accumulate faster or limit being lower all you'll get is people leaving not at 100k but 75k or 50k since that will become "point of no return"

We should rather thin about helping weaker team.
Maybe some sort of "medal" like "ranks does not matter" that will give you additional 500SL for each kill if enemy team have twice as many players in it.
BTW that can also work in other modes - promote players that try to be last man standing and don't hide but despite being outnumbered still try to fight.

In IL2 on some servers when one team have significantly more players they can't spawn on AFs closer to front. Of course in IL 2 that often means they need to fly 15mins just go get to action and that allow smaller team to impact battles easier.

In WT with smaller maps that won't work but we should look at helps like that. Maybe allow outnumbered team to spawn stronger planes for less SP and with shorter timers?
Sure it can be abused by "we will all exit for a minute and you take that P-51H back" but it's easily fixed by delaying this help so that it's there only if team was outnumbered for say more than 5 mins or that this "handicap" will increase gradually over time depending on level of imbalance.

EDIT:
I do not claim my idea is best or anything but it's example of what I think we should be asking for. Help weaker team rather than make stronger team just win faster

Edited by przybysz86
  • Upvote 2

• Pony51 changed the title to Enduring Confrontation updates archive