Enduring Confrontation updates archive

I guess we all have to await very eagerly:

We're planning to expand helicopter Confrontation as a general purpose mode for helicopter battles. A large number of changes and improvements are planned that we're going to gradually introduce to the game servers. The first thing we want to do is shift the emphasis in battles to objectives that are more appropriate for helicopters, as well as make the process of destroying ground targets more interesting. In addition, we're planning to add new Confrontation mechanics especially for helicopters. Aircraft Confrontation is also getting improvements and changes this year. Both Confrontation modes will get both general changes and new features, including some that are unique to only one version of the mode.

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 30/01/2019 at 07:12, przybysz86 said:

sadly no mention of Heli EC in SB

I wish they would be mixed in with EC5, there isn’t much reason why not.  They’re prop plane speed attackers, in return for higher firepower and the ability to hover.  I think they would be extremely fun in SB EC, as a combined air EC mode.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 02/02/2019 at 07:10, DeltaSBW said:

@lastGrayAngel Could you tell us what new contents will be coming up for next EC update? 

I have a better question, will there be any new content anytime soon?

But to be honest current EC version is really good and it only needs some bug fixing.

Edit.

Didn't LGA say at some point that he will add some new ground targets for bombers?

Edited by RideR2
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, RideR2 said:

Didn't LGA say at some point that he will add some new ground targets for bombers? 

he said that insdustrial zones are in pipeline

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal

• 4 weeks later...

Few things to consider. Is Yak-15 vs F-100D or He-162 vs MiG-19 balanced or fun? NO

EC5 splitting into 2 has been waiting from the introduction of EC as it has had way too wide performance gap between top and 6.7/7.0 jets.

Now update Supersonic has come and gone but WHERE IS EC6?

Summary of few threads about this:

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Unfortunately this is the wrong place to discuss stuff like battle ratings and tier brackets. Last Gray Angel, the dev who frequents this thread, has made it very clear that those decisions are outside of his power and that he doesn't want it discussed here. He's responsible for gameplay related things like mission design, and occasionally has had influence on UI. 

• Upvote 2
medal

@lastGrayAngel Any info on when RB EC may be available again for pilots? Last time we got test was last autumn :(. It was glorious, 4 weekends in the row full of RB EC, loved the changes, provided feedback from each weekend. Really miss this mode and I am definitely not alone.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...

Was there a change in BR requirements recently?

I have just joined EC5 after some time, took out Hunter (9.0), Meteor (7.0) and Vampire (7.7), but could not spawn any of them. Even Meteor requires 40 SP, I did not have, as for some reason game does not remember SP I gained in previous battles (only play on saturday and sunday, maybe it resets after a few days). The weird thing is game even automaticly assigned me another slot with a free to spawn plane, as it usually does. Except it gave me the same 7.0 Meteor I added myself and it was also locked behind the same 40 SP wall.  

As far as I remember, 7.0 was always free to spawn.

EDIT:

OK, it is definitely bugged. Or is it a feature?

Friend tried to join with "too high line up" (F-100D, F-86-F2, F9F-8) on purpose, to see what free plane he will get. He got F-80A-5 (7.0), except it also required 40 SP, so he could not spawn it.

Edited by Lukas_SVK
  • Like 1
medal medal

On 10/03/2019 at 17:48, ekg98 said:

I will doubt there is going to be a ec 6 anytime soon ...

I wish people were so much wrong more often. Nothing personal mate ;)

1 hour ago, Mollotin said:

Nice to see new EC rank. ( EC6). Early jets might be enjoyable now.

agreed - it was long due and I am happy to see it as well

@lastGrayAngel

I really like that EC maps seem now to be scaled based on rank.
I've joind EC1 Vietnam and map was limited to squares A4 to J10. Previously problem was that early ranks took ages to get anywhere near action and jets had been able to cross map edge-to-edge in 30s.

I've not played much since 1.87 but I assume that higher ranks do see whole map or at least that this is the plan right?
If so - great idea. If not - something to consider :)

Also - is it me or are ground forces actually aiming at each other rather than randomly shooting?
I had at least 2 case when I've bombed tank or pillbox and didn't kill it but it got blown up few seconds later by AI. Previously I had impression that I shots were totally random.

As for Vietnam map - I like it. Hills are nice addion. Vegetation makes CAS harde but then again we are talking jungle here so I guess it's fine.

Now I only wish we had option for spotter planes with smole rockets or flares in game that would get reward for each ground kill in their vinicinity.
Yesterday woth friends we've flown together with one playe being spotter who marked targets with MG tracers and other two being attakcers executing the kill but sadly this means that spotter get little reward. It was still great fun though.

Spotted issues:

conyos still get stuck sometimes. They spawn and stay there. you can go to their spawn point and with solid 1000kg bomb kill them all at once since they all jus bunch up.

Sadly I don't have screenshot but on Vitneam map I had case when battle arrow was south-to-north but attackers came from east (I guess due to hill being south of defenders.
Attackers shot normally at defenders but defenders sometimes shot toward attackers but sometimes they shot blindly toward south where "arrow" was pointed.
Basically defenders sometimes kept shooting at the hill side.

AI AF guardians sometimes get "stupid" and spiral down to the round level and then keep circling next to the AF doing nothing for the reminder of a game.
Not sure if that happens after certain time or when they run out of ammo ro randomly but I think we can figure out low-guel scenario since I've seen them circle like that till the battle ends.

Edited by przybysz86
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I played an EC game today and couldn't bomb the opposite AF, I mean I bombed it, but with zero rewards. Wasn't the only one in the game with this problem. None of us bomber pilots in this game got rewards for AF bombing. Have AF been removed as targets?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

25 minutes ago, ivica70 said:

I played an EC game today and couldn't bomb the opposite AF, I mean I bombed it, but with zero rewards. Wasn't the only one in the game with this problem. None of us bomber pilots in this game got rewards for AF bombing. Have AF been removed as targets?

Which map was it?

17 hours ago, przybysz86 said:

@lastGrayAngel

I really like that EC maps seem now to be scaled based on rank.
I've joind EC1 Vietnam and map was limited to squares A4 to J10. Previously problem was that early ranks took ages to get anywhere near action and jets had been able to cross map edge-to-edge in 30s.

I've not played much since 1.87 but I assume that higher ranks do see whole map or at least that this is the plan right?
If so - great idea. If not - something to consider :)

Also - is it me or are ground forces actually aiming at each other rather than randomly shooting?
I had at least 2 case when I've bombed tank or pillbox and didn't kill it but it got blown up few seconds later by AI. Previously I had impression that I shots were totally random.

As for Vietnam map - I like it. Hills are nice addion. Vegetation makes CAS harde but then again we are talking jungle here so I guess it's fine.

Now I only wish we had option for spotter planes with smole rockets or flares in game that would get reward for each ground kill in their vinicinity.
Yesterday woth friends we've flown together with one playe being spotter who marked targets with MG tracers and other two being attakcers executing the kill but sadly this means that spotter get little reward. It was still great fun though.

Spotted issues:

conyos still get stuck sometimes. They spawn and stay there. you can go to their spawn point and with solid 1000kg bomb kill them all at once since they all jus bunch up.

Sadly I don't have screenshot but on Vitneam map I had case when battle arrow was south-to-north but attackers came from east (I guess due to hill being south of defenders.
Attackers shot normally at defenders but defenders sometimes shot toward attackers but sometimes they shot blindly toward south where "arrow" was pointed.
Basically defenders sometimes kept shooting at the hill side.

AI AF guardians sometimes get "stupid" and spiral down to the round level and then keep circling next to the AF doing nothing for the reminder of a game.
Not sure if that happens after certain time or when they run out of ammo ro randomly but I think we can figure out low-guel scenario since I've seen them circle like that till the battle ends.

Aircraft or Heilo map?

3 hours ago, Pony51 said:

Aircraft or Heilo map?

We are in SB forum and AFAIK helos are AB. 

I am talking aircraft of course

Edited by przybysz86
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, przybysz86 said:

We are in SB forum and AFAIK helos are AB. 

I am talking aircraft of course

Did not know only AB

But I now see that SB has air EC, and had chance to fly it.

• Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Pony51 said:

But I now see that SB has air EC...

you mean like for last couple of years? In fact for long time now EC is main SB Air mode mate - I guess you've missed few years of SB history :D

Edited by przybysz86
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, przybysz86 said:

you mean like for last couple of years? In fact for long time now EC is main SB Air mode mate - I guess you've missed few years of SB history :D

>_<  I mean Vietnam was added to EC

• Haha 1

• Pony51 changed the title to Enduring Confrontation updates archive