Enduring Confrontation updates archive

3 hours ago, RideR2 said:

Two battles in the same sector:

Is that a bug? @lastGrayAngel

Why should it?

Just more action, which seems to be what is desired.

Now, an attack where direction of attack (Red and Blue swap directions) would be.

5 hours ago, przybysz86 said:

@lastGrayAngel - have you had chance to look into runway alignment? It looks like smooth part of ruwnay i slightly left to where actual runway is on model.

First planes spawn left of runway and if I take off staying left of runway it's smooth but as soon as I enter actual runway (looking at AF 3d model) it's getting bumpy.

Looks like spawn zone and take-off axis is offset to the left by at least half of runway's width.

As far as I know issue is on all types of new runways for all nations and all maps - or at least those I've flown since new modular AFs got introduced.

I am writing a BUG on this right now.

• Thanks 3

Will any of the modular objective features (for now just airfields AFAIK) be ported over to a permanently-available Realistic Air EC mode?

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

• Developer
On 07/01/2019 at 17:05, RideR2 said:

Two battles in the same sector:

Is that a bug? @lastGrayAngel

no. but if sector moves when one battle end and second battle doesn't ends - it's a bug. but it's hard to catch - we can't to test it

On 09/01/2019 at 05:21, Results45 said:

Will any of the modular objective features (for now just airfields AFAIK) be ported over to a permanently-available Realistic Air EC mode?

yes. i plant to do it.

18 hours ago, RideR2 said:

Airfield in this sector seems to be bugged (overlaping textures and I highly doubt that it's because of my graphics card, it's probably because of wrong placement).

@lastGrayAngel

i'll check all airfields for all EC for future major. there is location issue and can't be fixed (mostly) via mission

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, lastGrayAngel said:

i'll check all airfields for all EC for future major. there is location issue and can't be fixed (mostly) via mission

I've found one that have fill on runway - almost crashed on take-off. Stalingrad, grid F2
U510rbt.jpg5w7scwA.jpg

medal medal medal medal medal

The patch notes say this about convoys:

Convoys have been added to all Enduring Confrontation missions (as in Summer Stalingrad mission where convoys are active).

But, I have not seen any convoys on Khalkhin Gol EC map.

Edited by LookBlueGoPurple
medal

1 hour ago, RideR2 said:

If it can happen in EC for helicopters then probably it can also happen in EC for airplanes.

Yeah its by design, I've seen 3 at once (if 3 A points are capped in succession)

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

I have never seen convoys generate more than one ground battle.

The first convoy seems to work as it should but following
convoys later in game seem to get stuck near map edge.

This is example on Kursk map at grid C-7. Not only
is convoy motionless but some of its vehicles cannot
be destroyed with .50 caliber bullets...even truck cannot be destroyed.

medal

On 22/01/2019 at 18:57, LookBlueGoPurple said:

I have never seen convoys generate more than one ground battle.

The first convoy seems to work as it should but following
convoys later in game seem to get stuck near map edge.

This is example on Kursk map at grid C-7. Not only
is convoy motionless but some of its vehicles cannot
be destroyed with .50 caliber bullets...even truck cannot be destroyed.

I apologize for the off topic but how did you add that red crosshair, is it some kind of mod? or it can be done within a game?

medal

17 minutes ago, GIGA_HORSE said:

I apologize for the off topic but how did you add that red crosshair, is it some kind of mod? or it can be done within a game?

Yeah... one of those would be handy... Though I suspect like ULQ it won't be available on a PS4.

Though it kinda looks like it a red x painted on screen center... which means the missus ain't gonna let me do it.

Edited by *Nobody__0wens
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, GIGA_HORSE said:

It is an overlay outside the game.

You can read how it is made here:

medal

...We might need something done about these amphibious convoy units, and of course stop them rolling straight off the end of a destroyed bridge

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Skain79 said:

...We might need something done about these amphibious convoy units, and of course stop them rolling straight off the end of a destroyed bridge

From my observations there are quite a lot problems with pathfinding for convois. Some don't start to drive at all. Some get stuck on bridges and some ^^

Edited by nazradu2
medal medal medal

That's been a problem even in regular Air modes for a long time. It could be a limitation of their A.I., which is properly why they stated in their 2018 year review video that this year they are making it a goal to develop further and improve the A.I.

Edited by I_Termx_I
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 28/01/2019 at 02:03, HOPPING_PONY said:

I'd like to see EC on new Ladoga map (Lenigrad, operation "iskra").

This map has great potential for EC mode.

There's still so many maps with great potential for EC and waiting for converted. Like Spain, Boulogne-Sur-Mer, Moscow, Norway etc.. Maybe naval bots become smart enough, Midway, Gudalcanal would be also good choice.

Edited by DeltaSBW
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Pony51 changed the title to Enduring Confrontation updates archive