Enduring Confrontation updates archive

14 hours ago, lastGrayAngel said:

good idea. i sent it to other designers. it can't be done via mission - need some code and GUI changes, but i hope we will do it.

wow, HUGE thanks! I believe historical lineups (constantly available) are probably the most important feature of simulator battles to make it more popular throughout simulator communities.

• Like 2
medal medal medal

@lastGrayAngel

I think I have potential bug not with mission itself but more of EC setup:
Right now you retain all the stats (kills/deaths/spawn points) when you exit battle and re-enter same battle later on - that is great.
Problem is that when you die in top BR plane and are facing say 30mins timer you can exit and re-enter again 15s later and timer will be gone but your SP will remain allowing you to potentiall take the same plane again.
Also whevener you exit and re-enter game you have one spawn for free (talking SL here) so say I am playing EC3 and I crash landed my BF109G2 at Airfield one. I exit, enter again and not only I can take G2 straight away (should be timer) but I pay no SL for it and I can use any AF.

Also - last time after I exit and re-entered none of my plane ever had timer. I've tested it crashing the same 3.0 plane in EC2 3x in a row - there was no timer. Looks like timers only work during initial log-in and if you re-log they get broken

Maybe something you can pass to people who coded  this :)

P.S. Great to hear you like the idea of HEC
:salute:

Edited by przybysz86
medal medal medal medal medal

17 hours ago, RyanAir98 said:

wow, HUGE thanks! I believe historical lineups (constantly available) are probably the most important feature of simulator battles to make it more popular throughout simulator communities.

where as i would like lineups like in sim tank, the risk of loosing more players from "EC" mode then getting new for that mode...i donno. so if, then as replacemnt of the br based mode. not as "new" mode parallel.

Edited by Hoernerice
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I think it would be really cool to have an English Channel EC map. And if the game is a Tier IV or Tier V one then, every once in a while, there could be a random event where V1 rockets hit targets in England. 

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal

4 hours ago, Hoernerice said:

where as i would like lineups like in sim tank, the risk of loosing more players from "EC" mode then getting new for that mode...i donno. so if, then as replacemnt of the br based mode. not as "new" mode parallel.

I don't really get your argumentation. To prevent losing players from EC, the BR based lineups should definitely stay. BR system will never be replaced but I don't see a problem in running both parallel.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

50 minutes ago, RyanAir98 said:

I don't really get your argumentation. To prevent losing players from EC, the BR based lineups should definitely stay. BR system will never be replaced but I don't see a problem in running both parallel.

you have already partly an parallel event. Sim tank. The result is, much less EC games and players then before. I play more Sim tank too. mostly because the need of sl. and the experince, but thats a subjectiv feeling, that when there is such an event, less ec players because they play the historic event. 

so, yes, there maybe more players in playing sim. but at the same time i fear less playing ec. 

18 hours ago, Hoernerice said:

you have already partly an parallel event. Sim tank. The result is, much less EC games and players then before. I play more Sim tank too. mostly because the need of sl. and the experince, but thats a subjectiv feeling, that when there is such an event, less ec players because they play the historic event. 

so, yes, there maybe more players in playing sim. but at the same time i fear less playing ec. 

If the historical matches would be part of the lobby list I don't see a reason why it would divide even more actually. What they actually have to do is to limit the amount of matches per nation lineup so there aren't 5 rooms with same nation lineup and even same map but each of the room has 2 players.

A feature for sorting all lobbys by amount of players instead of nation lineup and player/MM generated would be good too I think. This would lead to the fullest servers always to be at the top so popular servers get fuller and almost empty ones die out so we have less matches with more players each.

Edited by RyanAir98
  • Like 1
medal medal medal

3 hours ago, RyanAir98 said:

If the historical matches would be part of the lobby list I don't see a reason why it would divide even more actually. What they actually have to do is to limit the amount of matches per nation lineup so there aren't 5 rooms with same nation lineup and even same map but each of the room has 2 players.

A feature for sorting all lobbys by amount of players instead of nation lineup and player/MM generated would be good too I think. This would lead to the fullest servers always to be at the top so popular servers get fuller and almost empty ones die out so we have less matches with more players each.

i disagree so far, that (EU, RU and NA servers on) you have some matches which are double, but then you have no match at all for a br.. tryn to fly french in last days? or lower russian? 

so i ofc just can talk for me. and me will play historical line ups instead of BR based when its out. so yes me will be even play less EC. again. its just me, but worste what then could happen that half the player base plays EC and the other half historical and in the end both have to few players. 

suggestion:

Make AI fighters less accurate with respect to their firepower, or lessen their ability.

This proposal may not appeal to more experienced players, but may appeal to players who are starting to play SB and start playing EC1

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Cayari said:

suggestion:

Make AI fighters less accurate with respect to their firepower, or lessen their ability.

This proposal may not appeal to more experienced players, but may appeal to players who are starting to play SB and start playing EC1

Are you serious? Ai fighters are dangerous only if they get you by surprise, otherwise their way of flying is so dumb and predictable. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

25 minutes ago, BlasphemousFox said:

Are you serious? Ai fighters are dangerous only if they get you by surprise, otherwise their way of flying is so dumb and predictable. 

Perhaps for experienced people like you to be as you say

11 hours ago, lastGrayAngel said:

patch released

• Capture-identification, and all accompanying messages in the center of the screen during the capture of  air zones, have been removed (only for “Enduring Confrontation” mode).

THANK YOU!!   I hope the A color will be enough for everyone to understand what's happening. 

Edited by r00k_
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BlasphemousFox said:

I thought better of your answer, and I tell you that what makes them dangerous is that most of the time they appear by surprise.

And also when they attack in 2, or when they defend the landing field or when they defend bombers

3 hours ago, Cayari said:

I thought better of your answer, and I tell you that what makes them dangerous is that most of the time they appear by surprise.

And also when they attack in 2, or when they defend the landing field or when they defend bombers

AI-fighters are very predictable and has very limited posibilities. You almost always know what to expect of them and what to do to make them lose you. Only different case is when you're on some heavy bomber.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

And also when they attack in 2, or when they defend the landing field

When you are taking off from said field, you would wish them much stronger instead...

medal medal medal medal medal medal

@Cayari, AI bots are a piece of cake to kill. Once you get used to the predictable patterns they fly you'll be able to take on 6 of them and a player. 

Yes you heard me. I've done it and it was glorious. The player that jumped in was the bigger surprise but back in the days when spits were beautiful to fly they were beastly as well! 

Some advise to understand the ai maneuvers is to play single player missions with tons of them. 

Good luck :salute:

medal medal medal

11 hours ago, Cayari said:

suggestion:

11 hours ago, BlasphemousFox said:

Are you serious?

3 hours ago, Me4huk said:

AI-fighters are very predictable

2 hours ago, *ryanka420 said:

AI bots are a piece of cake to kill

Cayari was talking specifically about Tier I. Have any of you silk scarves taken a stock NImrod out against a pair of Boom & Zooming He-100 bots lately? Perhaps you'd do well but, oh that's right, he said "players who are starting to play SB" so why not cut him some slack.

2 minutes ago, r00k_ said:

Cayari was talking specifically about Tier I. Have any of you silk scarves taken a stock NImrod out against a pair of Boom & Zooming He-100 bots lately? Perhaps you'd do well but, oh that's right, he said "players who are starting to play SB" so why not cut him some slack.

I never used the nimrod. Sorry. I only played the gladiator and swordfish. And yes now i understand his frustration but again ai hunters aren't that hard...

medal medal medal

5 minutes ago, r00k_ said:

I have to agree... but it's more than just the bots. The spread in performance between 1.0 and 2.0 is extremely high. BF 109 E1 vs reserve aircraft is a slaughter. Maybe we need a reserve-1.3 beginners tier or a Reserve only tier.

In addition to that you have bombers that are as fast if  not faster than reserve fighters... meaning that they annihilate them easily. Maybe this beginners area should be closed for people with lot's of hours in SB as well. 

Mayb even drop the repair costs as beginners crash a lot.

Edited by DerGrafVonZahl

15 minutes ago, r00k_ said:

Well, in recent patch some tier 1 AI-fighters got another plane, so it should be not so crucial now.

Edited by Me4huk

• Developer

we curently preparing for another hotfix with increased Air Domination zones spawn rate and assaults fix. hope we will publish it in few hours

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

• Pony51 changed the title to Enduring Confrontation updates archive