Everybody has had the misfortune of getting killed pretty early in a match, I just had the misfortune of getting sniped across map by a m41 (nice shot Mr. ULQ) about 30 secs into match, i go back to hangar 6:30 crew lock! on all vehicles. What are the parameters for penalizing me so harshly? Why does RB want me to no longer play this game?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 18
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Kikusaku said:

Everybody has had the misfortune of getting killed pretty early in a match, I just had the misfortune of getting sniped across map by a m41 (nice shot Mr. ULQ) about 30 secs into match, i go back to hangar 6:30 crew lock! on all vehicles. What are the parameters for penalizing me so harshly? Why does RB want me to no longer play this game?

Dont leave a match if you have vehicles which are available to spawn in. In this case, im pretty sure you had SPAA available to you, so game penalized you for leaving early.

• Sad 1

CrewLock is a broken system, you shouldn't penalize players for leaving, you should encourage players to stay in battle with increasing rewards the harder the match gets, if outnumbered, duration etc.

I have had my fair share in weird crew locks: Sim battle spawned my Kingtiger, got killed, didn't wanted to spawn in my plane, all of my lineup, even tanks and planes which weren't even allowed in the Sim Event got locked for up to 6min; tanks get locked even if I spawned them, just because they had a backup and I have had the points to spawn, but why should I spawn into a match we've already lost, and enemy is camping our spawns in RB (reason for increasing rewards towards the end, see above); and even one-hit-kill knockouts with no points left (no SPAAG, no light tank to spawn) sometime lead to crew locks.

In short: the CrewLock System/Mechanic is flawed, heavily, and needs a rework with improvements on preventing players to leave (better MatchMaking, better rewards if odds are against you, ...), even made a bug report on it, months or even years ago, nothing has realy changed since then, unfortunately and very sad imo.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 19
medal medal medal medal

it slows the grind down a lot also.  I have a difficult time seeing where if you leave a battle early that its going to cause a long wait for another match lol  especially when you already wait long periods anyways.  The argument about abandoning your "team" creating a problem for them to win the match.  lol 90% of the time a loss has nothing to do with that.  Join a match on a map you dispise?...75% uptier rate?  leave and go to jail lol.  You get a better score for dying than you do for surviving and killing.........  I constantly play with most of my lineup in the red leaving only one vehicle to fight with.  its like the game is a high speed phone app the way its managed and implemented.  Scripted and directed nothing is standardized,  the game mechanics changes every match, what penned or killed this match wont the next match.  Having a profile to manage stifles teamwork because I need points screw you m8!

medal medal medal medal

6 hours ago, Torque_Round said:

Having a profile to manage stifles teamwork because I need points screw you m8!

Are you saying here that the risk of negative stats (-k/d) is a factor in bailing on a match?

medal

Crew lock is ridiculous, not willing to spawn when you're being spawncamped also gives you a crewlock.. yeah i'd love to spawn in but then you get this ridiculous repair bill because apperantly that's the way to balance vehicles, you slap on a stupid repair price on it.

The game pretty much promotes bailing on games anyways from what i've heard, that the longer a match goes on, the less rewards your getting compared to the time spent in game, I assume that's why a lot of people go into battle with 1 tank, get points, die, leave, repeat, where some of us dummies sit in a game for 20-30 minutes whilst the other guy has played 3-4 games in the same time span getting a lot more rewards for it.

Same with the grinding, just taking your premium or the vehicle before the vehicle you want to research is the most effective.

• Like 1

Crew lock is often why I play tanks less and less nowadays. A match is usually decided within the first few minutes. The rest is just one side farming the other's spawn until the tickets bleed out.

Not wanting a crew lock, you either have to spawn just to be humiliated by the enemy team, or just AFK at the vehicle selection until the match is over. Either way, it's a huge waste of time. It makes sense as something to prevent people from just leaving a match too soon, but if you've already died by another player in a match, then you shouldn't be eligable for crew lock at all even if you can respawn.

11 minutes ago, Miragen said:

I assume that's why a lot of people go into battle with 1 tank, get points, die, leave, repeat, where some of us dummies sit in a game for 20-30 minutes whilst the other guy has played 3-4 games in the same time span getting a lot more rewards for it.

It's true. If you're looking to grind a vehicle's modules the quickest way, or just grind in general, you're better off not taking a lineup. Just the tank in question and maybe a plane to cover repair costs(planes still make much more money than tanks.) For higher tier vehicles, it's almost mandatory to do so. I only take lineups when I don't care too much about grinding, or the tank in question won't take too long to grind out.

medal medal medal medal

19 hours ago, StankFaust said:

Are you saying here that the risk of negative stats (-k/d) is a factor in bailing on a match?

? how did you get all that from what i said?  I never said anything about stats effecting you leaving a match.

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal

On 3/31/2018 at 1:13 AM, Crytiv said:

Dont leave a match if you have vehicles which are available to spawn in. In this case, im pretty sure you had SPAA available to you, so game penalized you for leaving early.

Why should a player be punished for not wanting to lose even more credits then he already has.  Getting one shot by a ULQ player right out of the spawn usually nets you a loss of anywhere between 2K and 14K credits for one vehicle.  Why should a player be punished for not being willing to take even more?

medal medal medal medal medal medal

Even worse, when you get disconnected from a server during battle, because it can't handle the load .... and you receive a death, full repair cost and crew lock as compensation.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 7
medal

On 3/31/2018 at 3:13 AM, Crytiv said:

No, I will not spawn just to feed kills to the other team.

• Thanks 2
medal medal medal

14 minutes ago, FunYun said:

No, I will not spawn just to feed kills to the other team.

Spawncamping is an absolutely horrible “feature”, in my opinion at least.

Either make vehicles completely immune to damage in their own base, or remove the crew lock.

(There could be other options though)

• Like 1
medal

21 hours ago, Torque_Round said:

? how did you get all that from what i said?  I never said anything about stats effecting you leaving a match.

well, im crazy for one, so can put together connections that sane people don't see.

and to be clear, you didn't say anything about stats, I did.  

I'm attempting to identify what the actual desire to leave the match early is.

medal

Already been said but I'll pile on.  The worst aspect is getting crew locked for not wanting to spawn a SPAA into the enemy team's spawn camping when your team is clearly going to loose.  Why must we choose between loosing SL and crewlock?  Most of the time I just play another nation when this happens.  Still definitely frustrating when you are trying to grind a specific tree.

I've found myself taking out my SPAA when trying to grind... which inevitably hurts the team in other matches when having air cover would have been beneficial.  Loose loose.

• Like 1
medal medal medal

28 minutes ago, HammerSickleTime said:

I've found myself taking out my SPAA when trying to grind...

I get the impression that grinding and team play may be at odds

my focus has been on developing an effective lineup that can keep me in the fight to the end.  it takes time and attention, my dad and I have been playing the same lineup for several months and I'd say I just now have it where I like it. (russian t2 br 3,7)  

I don't run from the fight while I have fight left in me because Im not grinding and I dont care about stats.  I've only been crew locked when I crash my plane on accident (joystick flier)

people who run from the fight severely impact the experience for everyone else who joined the battle, but did not leave before the end.

as for camped spawns, you wont ever learn to fight your way out of that if you don't try.  It's pretty easy to go at least 1:1 in a camped spawn and if you get lucky you can do a lot more.  

Building an effective fighting lineup and focusing on the fight will make you more effective and keep you well clear of crew lock.

this is what I run.

Desktop Screenshot 2018.04.04 - 12.26.56.79.png

medal

WHOO!!! Just got crew locked from being TK'd in SB mode. 2 Russian dudes thought it would be interesting to see what happens to a Chi-to when fired at.

Killed twice in the first minute and BAM CREW LOCK! THX GAIJIN

I can see why they have it, but I'm gonna have to agree that crew lock is just plain stupid. 95% of my early leaves is due to a lag spike happening and getting disconnected. That's not my fault, and completely out of my control, and yet I'm going to get punished for it? The other 5% is usually me doing something dumb, like clipping a tree when ground pounding in an attacker or some other mistake. They may have been some times when IRL intervenes and I have to leave, but I have never left a battle because I didn't like the map or the match up or my team (as dumb as pubs can be sometimes, and I'm certainly not innocent of being an occasional idiot either).

I don't think you can really effectively make a punishment for people who bail early just to be jerks, Unless they can discriminate between people actively clicking leave battle when they still have vehicles to play and plain lag related disconnects and sometimes simple bad luck (everyone has had the experience of finally making contact and getting instatgibbed by a hitlerbolt or not having enough SP to get back in, but because that magic battle activity isn't high enough...) then the net will always be cast far too wide.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 4/2/2018 at 10:01 AM, StankFaust said:

well, im crazy for one, so can put together connections that sane people don't see.

and to be clear, you didn't say anything about stats, I did.  

I'm attempting to identify what the actual desire to leave the match early is.

oh...leaving early hurts the team because there is one less tank/player to help win the match, with that I was saying there isnt much teamwork anyways when you have a profile to manage and you need points for what ever and enstead of helping the team mate or team youre busy only doing those things to bolster your stats/profile and ignoring those things to help the team accomplish the primary goal of the match.

medal medal medal medal

Oh here's a fun one. I press the battle button, just as I'm joining the server, something on their end kicks me off, not a lag spike or internet disconnect on my end. I get a 7 minute crew lock, will have to pay for repairs to my Bf 109E-7/U2 (not much, but its the principle of the thing) and just wasted a 500% lions booster and possibly a 10% RP to allies booster, and it's not. my. fault. I recall something about rejoining battle after a disconnect years ago, but I've never seen it work.

• Haha 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 31. 03. 2018. at 9:13 AM, Crytiv said:

that is not the case always, I had crew locked also for 5 min, and I was way off to spawn other tank/plane (400exp).

medal medal