Centurion mk3 and fv4202 needs to got back down to 6.3

Since the upograde to 6.7 i have fought nothing but 7.7 and 7.3 which these vehicles just can not penetrate on an even bases with what they are fighting and deal damage.

You fire once get the first shot in barely does anything to the crew yellow at best for you then to lose the fight to all other vehichles that are performing beyod that of these two vehicles russian vehicles in the same br have a 50 - 80% skill range on thunderskill across all 3 modes, when theses are barely getting out of the 60's across the modes.

The vehicle armour is questionable in its actual use as everything and everything seem to pen them which is a joke armour that is sloped i penned by rounds that clearly show they would bounce.

The post pen damage is a joke (across all british tanks) the only real way of killing in one with British is if you get some kind sole to take pitty and sit square on with all his little crew ducklings in a row.

Until there is something drastically done that improves the british ammo and or models a upgrade to any vehicle can not be done as it is a systematic nerf to the ground when they are moved up.

DO NOT! USE RB STATS OR GAMES AS A BASES FOR YOUR ARGUEMENT AS THAT IS NOT THE BASE GAME MODE THAT IS PLAYED.

ALSO REMEMBER THE FORUM RULES 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 13
  • Confused 4
  • Upvote 7
medal medal

21 minutes ago, lluminas said:

say that tto my Panther D when i see them every time

sorry but a panther d can deal with a centurion far better than vise versa due to its fantasy APHE rounds sorr y but no other nation has an arguement against this as they all have overperforming APHE 

• Confused 9
  • Upvote 6
medal medal

1 hour ago, moz2003 said:

sorry but a panther d can deal with a centurion far better than vise versa due to its fantasy APHE rounds sorr y but no other nation has an arguement against this as they all have overperforming APHE 

I know right, APDS and AP certainly can't easily deal with Panthers amirite?

Oh wait they can, and they're fired from a stabilized gun with a superior reload on a tank that's got superior armour, superior penetration, VASTLY superior gun handling and gun depression as well as having decent all-round mobility.

Edited by Necrons31467
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 11
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I agree with the others.

Try playing the Panther line back when your Centurions were 6.3 and then come and complain.

Like Necrons said, Centurions have a bigger gun, better armour, mobility, Sabot rounds and a STABILIZER!! 

Sabots can pen the front of a Panther a literally any angle.

And with a 3kmh reverse speed Panthers arent getting into cover any time soon.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 7

Still no arguement 

Stablizers dont give any benefit if the post pen of a round is useless (APDS) 

armour is compable on par really both forntal plate are near the same 1mm out 

Can a panther ohk a centurion?

Does the Pather stand a better chance of ammo racking a centurion from over 500m? 

Im sorry but having stablizers is no arguement, dont see all the shermans being upgraded now 

try and use actual game combat conditions for your arguments because under ideal conditions yes the pather would be mince meat even for a firefly at over 500m but this game it isnt.

Dont even know why im trying to defend this when you are using a 5.7 tank as an argument of course the centurion would win thats like trying to compare apples to oranges also tiger 2 p is still at 6.3 so germany has no argument against this.

Edited by moz2003
  • Haha 7
  • Upvote 5
medal medal

Whatever we say here des not matter. Gaijin is used to "balance" things based on their statistical data. Any other way is the way of overblowing repair cost

medal

If the Centurion/FV remain where they are now, they get crapped on by EVERYTHING.

If they go back to 6.3, then the only thing getting crapped on is the Panther, which struggles with those British tanks.

Surely the point of change here should be the PANTHER, not the British tanks. Fix the Panther to help it out.

Bumping the British up is like cutting off the arm to help a sprained wrist.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 7
medal

Imo the only tank that needs to be downtiered is Vickers. It's gun sucks, has no armor nor mobility.

On 3/30/2018 at 6:03 PM, moz2003 said:

Since the upograde to 6.7 i have fought nothing but 7.7 and 7.3 which these vehicles just can not penetrate on an even bases with what they are fighting and deal damage.

You fire once get the first shot in barely does anything to the crew yellow at best for you then to lose the fight to all other vehichles that are performing beyod that of these two vehicles russian vehicles in the same br have a 50 - 80% skill range on thunderskill across all 3 modes, when theses are barely getting out of the 60's across the modes.

The vehicle armour is questionable in its actual use as everything and everything seem to pen them which is a joke armour that is sloped i penned by rounds that clearly show they would bounce.

The post pen damage is a joke (across all british tanks) the only real way of killing in one with British is if you get some kind sole to take pitty and sit square on with all his little crew ducklings in a row.

Until there is something drastically done that improves the british ammo and or models a upgrade to any vehicle can not be done as it is a systematic nerf to the ground when they are moved up.

DO NOT! USE RB STATS OR GAMES AS A BASES FOR YOUR ARGUEMENT AS THAT IS NOT THE BASE GAME MODE THAT IS PLAYED.

ALSO REMEMBER THE FORUM RULES 

medal medal medal medal medal

6 minutes ago, *kennylinjl said:

Suck it up! There are other tanks in 6.7 that should be in 6.3 that is way worse than fv4202. And you guys still whining about your little stabilized and well-armored tanks. Also, all 6.7 tanks get up tired to 7.7 24/7.

like which tank?

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal

The Centurion Mk 3 and FV4202 certainly do not need to go back down to 6.3. However, Gaijin does need to sort out APDS for these tanks to become enjoyable in anything other than a full down-tier. In the mean-time I'll be playing more enjoyable British line-ups like 4.7 and 8.0 (most of the time) and I'd recommend others do the same until APDS is performing well again. Besides, Gaijin isn't about to lower the BR of a couple of tanks that were the subject of a great many complaints before being moved up in BR.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal

20 minutes ago, Time4Tea said:

The Centurion Mk 3 and FV4202 certainly do not need to go back down to 6.3. However, Gaijin does need to sort out APDS for these tanks to become enjoyable in anything other than a full down-tier. In the mean-time I'll be playing more enjoyable British line-ups like 4.7 and 8.0 (most of the time) and I'd recommend others do the same until APDS is performing well again. Besides, Gaijin isn't about to lower the BR of a couple of tanks that were the subject of a great many complaints before being moved up in BR.

and they have do what about the numerous complaints about the lack of post pen of the solid shot and apds rounds (to then just upgrade tanks that barely was comparable to other tanks in its tier) 

Can these tanks be one shotted from the other side of the map by pretty much every tank they face?

Edited by moz2003
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

3 hours ago, *kennylinjl said:

Suck it up! There are other tanks in 6.7 that should be in 6.3 that is way worse than fv4202. And you guys still whining about your little stabilized and well-armored tanks. Also, all 6.7 tanks get up tired to 7.7 24/7.

Well armoured? We have a well armoured tank? Which ones that? Why has noone told me before?

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 6

13 minutes ago, Time4Tea said:

Tortoise too.

Only mentioning a few that jumped to mind, it's absurd to think that the FV 4202 and Centurion Mk. 3 are bad tanks at 6.7.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, *kennylinjl said:

I mean the Type 61, its UPF is 45 mm and mantlet is 80 mm. "well-armored"

I think you might be thinking about the wrong tree here. The Type 61 is Japanese.

5 hours ago, Necrons31467 said:

Super Pershing, T92, Type-61.

American, American, Japanese. None of these are British.

5 hours ago, Necrons31467 said:

Only mentioning a few that jumped to mind, it's absurd to think that the FV 4202 and Centurion Mk. 3 are bad tanks at 6.7.

Except both of them can be one-shotted frontally by tank an entire BR lower than them, and relatively easily too. In return they usually have to put 3 to 4 shots into the target to get a kill, and against heavier vehicles they are forced to rely on APDS needle rounds.

• Upvote 4

Just now, BloodRose13 said:

Except both of them can be one-shotted frontally by tank an entire BR lower than them,

Right, because the T92, Type 61, Super Pershing and many others can't?

In return they usually have to put 3 to 4 shots into the target to get a kill,

No, they don't, 2 shots average if you're any decent.

and against heavier vehicles they are forced to rely on APDS needle rounds.

Just like other vehicles have to rely on HEAT-FS, APCR, or AP, not exclusive to the British.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, BloodRose13 said:

I think you might be thinking about the wrong tree here. The Type 61 is Japanese.

American, American, Japanese. None of these are British.

Except both of them can be one-shotted frontally by tank an entire BR lower than them, and relatively easily too. In return they usually have to put 3 to 4 shots into the target to get a kill, and against heavier vehicles they are forced to rely on APDS needle rounds.

I'm talking about how bad type 61 is. and fv4202 is not as bad as type 61.

1 hour ago, Necrons31467 said:

Just like other vehicles have to rely on HEAT-FS, APCR, or AP, not exclusive to the British.

It's far more than two. The amount of shots that are doing jack all damage despite direct hits on core crew/modules is ridiculous. I've put shots dead on where they should be, seen the penetrator go right through crew members, and nothing is actually knocked out. Repeat the shot, and maybe knock out something, repeat the shot maybe for the kill.

However i nreality, you tend to shoot once, APDS does absolutely nothing, other tank shoots you back and you die. In ANY instance where two tanks have a meeting, the one with the APDS is at a massive disadvantage right now, stabiliser or no.

And the "just like other" is a false arguement. UK is facing Germans, Russians and France. Germans and Russians are using APHE, and France is using huge AP rounds. All of which do serious damage (AP) or instakill damage (APHE).

There was a subjective arguement before about battle rating for them, but post APDS nerf into uselessness, their BR is just flat out wrong. If APDS was fixed soon, I'd be happy to wait at 6.7 to see how it goes, but there's very little indication they're going to do that. Put them at a betetr BR until APDS has been fixed.

Edited by TheFuzzieOne
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 2
medal

3 hours ago, Necrons31467 said:

You obviously haven't played anything with APDS since 1.77 dropped. The already abysmal spalling has been reduced even further, and what pieces of shrapnel do hit something hardly ever destroy that module. This I can confirm from both data mining sources, and experience playing both as the British, and fighting them as the Germans. My Tiger H1, which has been easily despatched by one or two 20pdr hits to the front, now takes several without being seriously hampered in combat ability. Meanwhile I've seen multiple hits with a 120mm L1 fail to damage modules in even fairly tightly packed tanks like the T-44, or result in such little damage to a Panther II that it managed to outflank me as I reloaded, despite being a center of mass hit right below the turret at close range. 

3 hours ago, Necrons31467 said:

The difference here being that AP, HEAT-FS, though less so with APCR, work. Furthermore, most other tanks have the option of using another ammunition type. Above 6.7, the British only have APDS or HESH available, two of the most notoriously bad rounds in the game. So yes, this problem is different than other nations, since other nations have the option of running an ammunition that does work. If APCR is bad, there's still the option of a full caliber AP round or some variety of HEAT. The same can be said for the British below 6.7, with APCBC being a viable option, but past that there is nothing until the top tier vehicles come with APDSFS, and even then it has to be researched. But, as your previous statement about the number of rounds needed shows, you clearly don't have much firsthand experience with APDS performance as it currently stands. 

• Upvote 4
medal

14 hours ago, Necrons31467 said:

Super Pershing, T92, Type-61.

All of which have an expolsive round of some type so you have no argument at all untill the british solid shot and APDS rounds are sort to comparable capability as that of the APHE etc they need to go down to 6.3 

Also all of those tanks you have mention have a larger gun caliber than that of the british two tanks so bigger round more explosives are crammed into it so again you have no argument for those tanks to go down as thier ammo is more than adequit to deal with tank on the same br in one shot after pen.

9 hours ago, *kennylinjl said:

I mean the Type 61, its UPF is 45 mm and mantlet is 80 mm. "well-armored"

with what degree of angle?

• Upvote 4
medal medal