DarkHearth

Conqueror - What is your opinion?

22 hours ago, grrumpy said:

The m103 is a xxxx beast because it shoots pure AP and not APDS

So if I had a document showing you could stick a T116e6 shot down a L1 it'd be a good?

medal medal

4 hours ago, Listy said:

So if I had a document showing you could stick a T116e6 shot down a L1 it'd be a good?

Nah, it would need to be 2 unless it was a "sekrit" one the devs provided themselves that have nothing to do with what they are changing.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

The Conqueror is unfortunately let down by its gun both in pathetic damage and reload

The turret is pretty good until you get gaijined by the stupid over match

its fun sometimes but with the Cent X and  Vickers having reloads to make up for the awful APDS its rather redundant 

medal medal

Conqueror is a very nice tank, i dont have issues with it

Edited by LULZ
  • Confused 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

40 minutes ago, Da_chief_360 said:

Nah, it would need to be 2 unless it was a "sekrit" one the devs provided themselves that have nothing to do with what they are changing.

Give me some time I should be able to fake up all the documents you need. Or just do Like I've done before, use two different pages from the same primary source as the two separate proofs.

medal medal

1 hour ago, Da_chief_360 said:

Well the rules have changed since a while now, it is either 1 primary source or 2 secondary sources, so a report with just one official document coming from places such as the NA or Bovi should be sufficient to get your report forwarded to the devs.

medal medal

18 hours ago, FuryMkI said:

Well the rules have changed since a while now, it is either 1 primary source or 2 secondary sources, so a report with just one official document coming from places such as the NA or Bovi should be sufficient to get your report forwarded to the devs.

Well I don't want to overwork them, I mean they've still not action a bug report of mine from a year or two ago, so I'll wait until that ones removed from the queue.

medal medal

1 hour ago, Listy said:

Well I don't want to overwork them, I mean they've still not action a bug report of mine from a year or two ago, so I'll wait until that ones removed from the queue.

Should be any day now...

In all seriousness; whilst the Conqueror would be vastly improved by giving it the AP round the Americans used through that gun, I'd rather see them apply an ounce of common-sense and fix the post-pen of APDS.

The fact that adding the essentially interchangeable AP round would make such a difference just shows how silly this all is.

Edited by HammyTheHamster1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal

Was able to knock out vertical aiming on one of the two AA I shot from the side with the Conqueror in a match today, that pretty good, right?

shot 2018.04.02 22.22.14.jpg

shot 2018.04.02 22.27.31.jpg

• Sad 1
medal medal medal

If anyone has the time and inclination, it'd be interesting to see a side by side comparison of post-pen damage from an APDS round and same-caliber AP rounds. The sub-caliber equivalent that is, we all know how much a 105 or 120 AP round does.

IIRC the Conqueror has a 45 or 50mm penetrator, maybe one of the French 47mm guns. Pretty sure they'd do a lot more damage if you shot a Kugel in the side with one of those.

medal medal medal

6 hours ago, HammyTheHamster1 said:

IIRC the Conqueror has a 45 or 50mm penetrator, maybe one of the French 47mm guns. Pretty sure they'd do a lot more damage if you shot a Kugel in the side with one of those.

It's a 75mm penetrator, all you need to do is test drive the French M4A1 FL10 and see the difference in spalling. As I said earlier, the superiority of the Conqueror's penetrator weight and velocity should make it spall a lot more in comparison to the French tank's AP shell.

The difference in kinetic energy alone is insane- the French PCOT-51A 75mm shell has 3.2x106Joules while L1G APDS has 10.14x106 Joules of energy- over 3 times the kinetic energy, yet L1G spalls a lot less.

I'm away from my desktop right now so I can't produce any side-by-side comparison footage, unfortunately. I can definitely tell you from experience that the difference in spalling is massive, though.

Edited by *AllahHuAirlines
  • Thanks 2
medal medal medal

On 4/3/2018 at 1:45 PM, HammyTheHamster1 said:

Should be any day now...

Oh good, I shall hold my breath in anticipation!

medal medal

1 hour ago, *AllahHuAirlines said:

It's a 75mm penetrator, all you need to do it test drive the French M4A1 FL10 and see the difference in spalling. As I said earlier, the superiority of the Conqueror's penetrator weight and velocity should make it spall a lot more in comparison to the French tank's AP shell.

The difference in kinetic energy alone is insane- the French PCOT-51A 75mm shell has 3.2x106Joules while L1G APDS has 10.14x106 Joules of energy- over 3 times the kinetic energy, yet L1G spalls a lot less.

I'm away from my desktop right now so I can't produce any side-by-side comparison footage, unfortunately. I can definitely tell you from experience that the difference in spalling is massive, though.

According to datamining it's only 45mm, even got reduced slightly in 1.77. If you do have sources contrary to this please do file a bug report, Chieftains APDS is the same btw.

120 mm Ordnance QF Tk. L1A2 cannon

Shot L1G

Mass: 9.07 → 7.6

Ballistic caliber: 0.05m → 0.045m

https://docs.google.com/document/u/2/d/e/2PACX-1vRg0enAS04imrkyEiVXaosxr0BpIxQTIplyOYjeuhriv23fZnHPBz-RgjLkl-KIiFuWolxsk3Je6z2M/pub

34 minutes ago, Listy said:

Oh good, I shall hold my breath in anticipation!

That'd be a shame, I'll miss your blog updates when I get into the office on Mondays. But I'll always remember you fondly :)

Edited by HammyTheHamster1
medal medal medal

On 3/30/2018 at 9:33 PM, Tenkruler said:

how about removing the useless l11 gun, just give us the 20 pounder.

So sad, but so true....

medal medal medal

The Conqueror APDS is so pathetic coupled with that reload and the auto kill cupola, it even gets stopped by T44-100's side skirts, and if it does pen you're lucky to kill more than one crewman 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Just now, *gaelan said:

The Conqueror APDS is so pathetic coupled with that reload and the auto kill cupola

The penetrator is a 75mm projectile right ? But the 17pdr does 10 times the damage. It s comedy.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal

26 minutes ago, JohnQ11939ChtBan said:

The penetrator is a 75mm projectile right ? But the 17pdr does 10 times the damage. It s comedy.

Just can't beat that stronk Soviet fuel tank armour technology secretly holds a mini black hole that sucks up APDS and HESH

Just now, *gaelan said:

Just can't beat that stronk Soviet fuel tank armour technology secretly holds a mini black hole that sucks up APDS and HESH

Was shooting a bmp 2 yesterday. With the l23a1. Nope, kept driving. Not even an engine shot was enough. Took 4 rounds. Kept driving like a boss.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

4 minutes ago, JohnQ11939ChtBan said:

Was shooting a bmp 2 yesterday. With the l23a1. Nope, kept driving. Not even an engine shot was enough. Took 4 rounds. Kept driving like a boss.

Had the same thing with the same round, guts him but leaves him functional to hit me with the atgm, no hull break I guess 

Edited by *gaelan
  • Haha 1

BMP-2s are the new annoying M18/RU251/ASU-57 nonsense of the patch. Right now they’re also everywhere causing their problems. 

As for the Conqueror itself. I don’t usually have much trouble penetrating targets, though the damage output is laughably bad with both HESH and APDS. The armor has frustrating weak spots such as the dubiously modeled mantlet, the cupola, and the LFP.   That said, it’s one of my favorite tanks. Aside from a certain few tanks, anyone who can’t hit those weak spots on a hulldown Conqueror will struggle to kill one. The rangefinder and stabilization makes for excellent first hit chances. It is an equal to the Centurion line in mobility and handling. It also looks really nice too! It’s not the tank for everyone, and I can see why people wouldn’t want to drive it, but I’m a big fan of the Conqueror. 

medal

3 minutes ago, CRGKevin said:

BMP-2s are the new annoying M18/RU251/ASU-57 nonsense of the patch. Right now they’re also everywhere causing their problems. 

As for the Conqueror itself. I don’t usually have much trouble penetrating targets, though the damage output is laughably bad with both HESH and APDS. The armor has frustrating weak spots such as the dubiously modeled mantlet, the cupola, and the LFP.   That said, it’s one of my favorite tanks. Aside from a certain few tanks, anyone who can’t hit those weak spots on a hulldown Conqueror will struggle to kill one. The rangefinder and stabilization makes for excellent first hit chances. It is an equal to the Centurion line in mobility and handling. It also looks really nice too! It’s not the tank for everyone, and I can see why people wouldn’t want to drive it, but I’m a big fan of the Conqueror. 

Thank you. I'm struggling to get the tank and it's a frustrating experience. At least, now I know it will be worth it. Thanks for your comment.

medal medal

I have the tank and after testing it in a few games my opinion is: it is not recommended.

By two factors:

1. The performance of APDS is extremely inconsistent. Either it works like a proton cannon, or it does not hurt at all in the same circumstances.

2. The mantlet. I've lost count of how many times a 208mm APHE went through it like butter. In comparison, I feel much more resistant the front of a T-34 USA (to put an example of a mantlet that really works).

medal medal

3 hours ago, DarkHearth said:

I have the tank and after testing it in a few games my opinion is: it is not recommended.

By two factors:

1. The performance of APDS is extremely inconsistent. Either it works like a proton cannon, or it does not hurt at all in the same circumstances.

2. The mantlet. I've lost count of how many times a 208mm APHE went through it like butter. In comparison, I feel much more resistant the front of a T-34 USA (to put an example of a mantlet that really works).

I would suggest you research it a little further. I personally found the tank to be quite alright when I rolled it out for spading after the Warrior was released. It requires a shift in tactics though, you should try to get to a position where you can stay for a little and see how the battle develops and if some tank appears in front of your gun. You are not that mobile after all in the end and your reload is probably the biggest handicap for you to quickly deal damage to an enemy which has suddenly appeared. 

• Upvote 1

After unlocking additional armor this thing is even more durable.

UFP is just a no go for everything except maybe Obj 120, as it has 130mm+20mm on it's own + stand-off armor on top.

I bushed the cupola, makes harder to hit that one flat surface in front.

• Upvote 1
medal medal

As someone who just unlocked it my iniral impressions are the damage of 120mm APDS seems to be terrible (on par or maybe worse than 105mm APDS) and the reload is just horrendous (it really needs that reload buff they cancelled).

medal medal medal medal medal