DarkHearth

Conqueror - What is your opinion?

What is your opinion?

I have the possibility to get the Conqueror in a relatively short time. I have read in the forum everything that is said about the tank and in general, the comments are not very good. Has anything changed in the Conqueror with the recent updates? As an alternative it seems that the M103 is still a better tank in every way.

If someone has the tank, I will be very grateful that he will tell me about his experience with him and if he personally recommends his acquisition. Thanks.

medal medal

29 minutes ago, DarkHearth said:

What is your opinion?

I have the possibility to get the Conqueror in a relatively short time. I have read in the forum everything that is said about the tank and in general, the comments are not very good. Has anything changed in the Conqueror with the recent updates? As an alternative it seems that the M103 is still a better tank in every way.

If someone has the tank, I will be very grateful that he will tell me about his experience with him and if he personally recommends his acquisition. Thanks.

Conqueror? What's the Cnqueror? I know of the Kemperor, that high-tier british HT that has broken shells that fail to one shot lighlty-armored russian light tanks and has huge weakspots on the front, but the Conqueror? That's new.

Yes, the M103 is a load better. Actual armor (though not really, but better than the conqueror) and better pen. faster too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
medal medal medal medal medal

2 minutes ago, joegunn1943 said:

Conqueror? What's the Cnqueror? I know of the Kemperor, that high-tier british HT that has broken shells that fail to one shot lighlty-armored russian light tanks and has huge weakspots on the front, but the Conqueror? That's new.

Yes, the M103 is a load better. Actual armor (though not really, but better than the conqueror) and better pen. faster too.

Thanks joegunn1943

medal medal

Honestly in its current state not worth it, only get it if you need it to progress to the chieftain mk3

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

problem with it is the long reload coupled with poor performing ammo means if you dont get forst kill your dead. next problem is if the enmy shoots you anywhere in the turret you gun gets destroyed.  my experience in this tank is its just a gun repair simulator.

• Thanks 5
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

The week mantlet that gets pen and loader is toast is the bigger problem. After that you reload is with like Jesus - coming once a year ! 
7.7 br will be ok if this is fixed and the others mentioned the 120 mm shell that pens t-54 and ONLY injure a crew member ( not even kill it ). 

• Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal

Personally I wouldn't bother with this tank it's so broken that its just not funny anymore. This tank either needs to be removed and the British tree given some thing that WORKS or it needs to be fixed and given a reload buff to boot.

The only similarity this tank has to the real Conqueror is the name nothing more.....it may look the same but its not the same tank.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Ghost_Rider12 said:

Personally I wouldn't bother with this tank it's so broken that its just not funny anymore. This tank either needs to be removed and the British tree given some thing that WORKS or it needs to be fixed and given a reload buff to boot.

The only similarity this tank has to the real Conqueror is the name nothing more.....it may look the same but its not the same tank.

But then again from all accounts neither is the challenger, looks like a challenger, but is really a landrover disguised as a tank.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

The Conqueror was THE HESH dispensing p2w IS-6 xxxx remover 

It has since been balansed))))))))))) accordingly

don't even bother with it

Edited by *RAazzy91
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Not worth unlocking at all unless Gaijin add a decent tank after it in future.

The frontal armour is serviceable against KE ammo that isn't APFSDS, however the lower front plate and the commander's cupola are vulnerable to OPHE. The turret roof can also be penned when shells should auto bounce. Recently the gun mantlet was nerfed to 86mm or so as well, although I've not experienced many deaths because of it.

The worst part about the armour is the side armour when it comes to overmatch mechanics- it's 50mm thick, meaning any gun with a bore of 100mm and above can overmatch your side armour even if you're unintentionally angled by less than a degree. As well as this low tier AAs can penetrate you with APCR before you have a chance to react- and even if you spot them your gun isn't guaranteed to do anything. 

The gun is diabolically bad because of the nearly 20 second reload and appallingly bad post-penetration effects. The APDS shell on it produces about the same spalling as a 37mm solid shot, despite the fact that the penetrator on the Conqueror's APDS is 75mm in diameter. It should spall far more than, for example, the French SA50 75mm cannon- the Conqueror's APDS weighs 9.1 KG compared to the SA50's 6.4 KG, and it has a muzzle velocity of 1500 m/s compared to the SA50's 1000 m/s.

And then there's the HESH. It used to be the deleter of all Soviet tanks, but now it's a pathetic shadow of its' former glory. 

All in all the Conqueror we have in game is a complete mockery of the beast it was in reality.

Edited by *AllahHuAirlines
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal

I have it and enjoyed it, but I enjoy the Centurion mk. 10 and especially Vickers more. This was mostly pre-patch gameplay and now its APDS round should be actually quite effective. Before it used to really suffer from the long reload because it generally needed two or even three shots to kill. It's not worth the 210k RP grind, but it is a worthy tank if you're on your way to grind for rank 6.

• Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Haven't played it, but so far when encountering it in my Tiger.II (H). I say it's basically a weaker M103.

• Thanks 1
medal medal medal

If the Conqueror starts to underperform Gaijin could always add the UFP applique armour, and hull burster plates, as an "add-on" armour module. Which were intended to be fitted, but only when Conqueror's were deployed.

ytng0ea.jpg

Also, according to Listy the spaced armour was only intended for the hull. The 14mm burster plates around the turret were simply for the target range test rig.

On ‎29‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 6:54 PM, Listy said:

Those sources being me. But please do note the important difference between spaced armour. It was ONLY for the hull! The turret rig was a hard target rig for range tests, nothing more.

• Thanks 2
medal

I personally love the Conq, however it's one of the least flexible vehicles in the entire British lineup. Incredibly tough when positioned correctly but equally fragile when not. The gun is very unforgiving as others have mentioned thanks to the long reload and poor damage. You can reliable OHK with it but only if the target is optimally orientated to you and if you get your shot in the exact right spot.

Sadly when I use it in my 7.3 line it doesn't get played on most maps as on of the 7.0 MBTs is better suited to the majority of battlefields. When the right kind of map does come up though it can be a real beast.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

It can be equally monstrous and sad in the same time. Once fully upgraded (spaded) its rather enjoyable, but getting there is just endless frustration and bu**hurt, mostly because of poor accuracy. And every APHE user knows good to shoot its cupola (if hull down), instantly killing the crew. 

• Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Like all post war British tanks in-game, it under performs horrifically. The gun has been nerfed into oblivion and won't spall or detonate ammo. Despite being designed to counteract the post war IS series tanks, it will just yellow a crew member and then you get one shot. It can't even deal with Obj906 or 120s as your shots will somehow bounce or just fail to hull break them. It is not worth it, the only British post war tank that is enjoyable or performs slightly close to how it did in reality is the Chief Mk3. All the others are just ****.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
medal medal medal medal

12 hours ago, Jarms said:

If the Conqueror starts to underperform Gaijin could always add the UFP applique armour, and hull burster plates, as an "add-on" armour module. Which were intended to be fitted, but only when Conqueror's were deployed.

ytng0ea.jpg

Also, according to Listy the spaced armour was only intended for the hull. The 14mm burster plates around the turret were simply for the target range test rig.

UFP armor is not going to help at all, the Conq gets killed or disabled all day long through the mantlet, roof, or coup.

medal medal medal

I consider it a heavy support tank. Unlike M103, it is not safe to advance with it against enemies.

I remember when HESH was OP and the Soviets did not have enough strong armor to handle the damage.

Today it is worth playing if the enemies are of equal or less BR. BR greater than the Conqueror is to ask to die.

• Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

In its present state, the Conqueror is not worth it. The armor is pretty good, an improvement over the Caernarvon, but still with poor LFP and side armor. The upper plate is thicker and does away with several weak spots, notably the driver's hatch area. The turret is quite well armored, though the mantlet seems to be incorrect at this time. Hull down and facing the enemy, the Conqueror is very hard to kill. Mobility is about the same as the Caernarvon, though it accelerates a bit slower. However, the main flaw, and this is enough to make the thing sadly worthless, is the gun. For all the sound and fury of the 120mm gun it packs, the quality of APDS and HESH presently means it signifies nothing. The APDS will penetrate just about anything, (except 70mm Leo 1 turret faces, for some reason...)  but it hardly ever kills anything once it penetrates. HESH is worthless, unreliable mess, as has been well documented countless times. Basically, take the abysmal performance of the L7 and 20pounder, and remove the good reload. 

As it stands, I do not recommend you get the Conqueror. However, should changes be made to the performance of its ammunition, the Conqueror would be a superb tank. But until that day comes, it is definitely not the effort, though it pains me to say it. Wish I had better news. :facepalm:

• Thanks 1
medal

So a question, is the gun off a M103 ok?

I ask, because it's almost the same gun, there was even a trial of shooting US ammo in the UK gun. If the US weapon performs fine and the UK one dosen't then there is a significant problem.

medal medal

I've had some good games in it because i quite like the sniping play style but the Centurion mk 10 can do that if you know what your doing. If you can get the chieftain mk 3 , nows the time as the 8.0 blackhole meta is so fun.

medal

1 hour ago, Listy said:

I ask, because it's almost the same gun, there was even a trial of shooting US ammo in the UK gun. If the US weapon performs fine and the UK one dosen't then there is a significant problem.

The m103 is a xxxx beast because it shoots pure AP and not APDS

medal medal

39 minutes ago, Listy said:

he problem is not the weapon, but the ammunition. M103 uses thermonuclear AP rounds. Conqueror uses APDS and HEAT, which are currently garbage.

medal medal