Stona

Update 22.03.2018 (1.77.1.34)

Maintenance%20(24).jpg

• A bug where an explosion from artillery shells near a ground vehicle created high-frequency noise has been fixed.
  • The sound of dropped empty casings in vehicles with recoilless rifles has been fixed (source).
  • A bug where the Ho-204 had no sound after first shot has been fixed (source).
  • A bug where the sounds of firing from AAA in other players vehicles was missing has been fixed (source).
  • A bug where full screen mode and minimising the client caused music compositions to restart from the beginning  has been fixed.
  • A bug where it was possible that the sound effects could reduce performance on PCs with lower specifications has been fixed (source).
  • Sound effects for PCs with low specifications have been optimized.
  • Client stability has been improved.

Balance changes:

• Т-64А — The following shells have been added to the researchable ammunition loadout:
    • 3OF26 HE shell;
    • 3BM15 APFSDS .
  • Т-64B — 3OF26 HE shell has been added to the researchable ammunition loadout. 3BK12M HEATFS-shell which was obsolete for the T-64B in 1984 has been changed to 3BK18M which was put into service in 1980.
  • Leopard 2K:
    • Fire rate has been changed from 12 to 9 shots per minute (from 5 to 6.7 seconds per round). Note - Previous fire rate was set by lack of accurate information about reloading in the Leopard 2K cannon. Analysis of statistics has shown that the chosen fire rate was superfluous and it was decided to increase reload time based on the known values of the reloading time of tanks with 120mm cannons and similar ammunition placement.
    • BR for all game modes has been changed from 8.7 to 9.0.
  • AMX-13(FL.11) — Researchable M61 shell has been added to the ammunition. Source: Guide d'entretien de l'Engine Blindé de Reconnaissance - E.B.R. - 75 à tourelle FL. 11. Ministère des Armées "Terre", Etat-Major de l'Armée, Bureau ARMET

Ground Vehicle model, damage model, characteristics and weaponry changes:

• A13 (all), Crusader Mk.III, AEC MK.II AA, Ferdinand, Coelian, Ostwind, Crusader AA Mk.II, M22, BM-8-24, Т-28, Т-28E, Chieftain Mk.5 — The order in which ammunition is used has been clarified.
  • Chieftain Mk.10 — The number of shells in the first-order ammo rack has been changed from 3 to 18..
  • M48A1, M60, M103 - The thickness of the rangefinder armour (based on the thickness  of the M47 armour) has been changed to 16mm.
  • Tortoise, E-100, Maus - The thickness of the material of the breech has been changed from 60 to 300 mm.  
  • AMX-30 - The bug with incorrect armour thickness of the turret mantlet has been fixed. The thickness  has been changed from 20 to 41.5 mm.
  • Sd.Kfz.234/2, Sd.Kfz.234/4 - The type of material for the chassis elements has been changed to ”Structural steel”.
  • AMX-30, AMX-30 (1972) - Engine power has been changed from 700 to 720 horsepower. Source: AFV Weapons Profile No. 63: AMX-30 Battle Tank. - R. M. Ogorkiewicz // Kampfpanzer. Die Entwicklungen der Nachkriegszeit - Rolf Hilmes.
  • AMX-30B2 - Engine power has been changed from 700 to 680 horsepower. Source: Documentation Technique, A. M. X. 30 B2, Chassis, Edition 1994
  • Т-64А - Ammunition for the paired machine gun has been changed from 2500 to 2000 rounds. Source: Т-64А - Technical Description and manual instructions.
  • M24, M24 TL, M24 (SDF) - Crew count has been changed from 4 to 5 members.
  • M4A4 (SA50) - The armour for the following areas has been changed:
    • Upper frontal plate: 63.5 ->50.8 mm.
    • Lower frontal plate: 63.5 ->50.8 mm.
      • Source: TM 9-754 "M4A4 Medium Tank", Jan 21,1943
  • 5cm Pzgr.39 (5cm Kw.K.38 /Kw.K.39) — The explosive mass has been changed from 27 to 17 grams. Source: Merkblatt geheim 28/1: Zusammenstellung der Explosivstoffgewichte für deutsche Munition (zu H.Dv. 450 Rdnr. 46).
  • 10.5cm Pzgr.Rot (10.5cm K.18) - The explosive mass has been changed from 210 to 250 grams. Source: DV460/10 Ringbuch für Sprengladungen Band vom 26-10-42.
  • 8.8cm Pzgr. (8.8 cm Kw.K.36 / Flak.37) - The type of the explosive mass has been changed from “TNT” to “Fp.10+Np.10”. Source: D.460-10 Ringbuch fuer Sprengladungen Band I vom 26-10-42.
  • 7.5cm Sprgr.34 (Kw.K.40 L/43/L48, PaK.40, Stu.K.40 L/43/L48) - The type of the explosive mass has been changed from “Fp.60/40” to “Fp.02”. For the cannons Kw.K.40 L/43/L48, PaK.40, Stu.K.40 L/43/L48 the initial speed has been changed to 550 m/sec. Source: D435-1 Handbuch Die Munition der deutschen Geschutze und Werfer 28.12.1940 // D460-1 bis D460-2 Geschossringbuch Band I-III // Dokumentation W 127: Datenblätter für Heeres-Waffen, Fahrzeuge, Gerät, 1976.
  • 8.8cm Sprgr.L4/5 (all 8.8 cm cannons) - The type of the explosive mass has been changed from “Fp.60/40” to “Fp.02”. The explosive mass has been changed from 935 to 698 grams. The mass has been changed from 10.6 to 9 kg. Sources: D.460-10 Ringbuch fuer Sprengladungen Band I vom 26.10.42 // H.Dv.481-60 Merkblatt fuer die Munition der 88 cm Kampfwagenkanone 36.
  • 10.5cm Pzgr (10.5cm K.18 / 10.5cm Kw.K) - The type of the explosive mass has been changed from “EDNA+H.10” to “Fp.02+Np.10”. The explosive mass has been changed from 240 to 238 grams. Source: D.460-10 Ringbuch fuer Sprengladungen Band I vom 26.10.42
  • 40mm Mk.II HE (40mm Bofors) - The type and mass of the explosives has been changed from 25 grams of “Tetryl” to 63 grams of “TNT”. Sources: Catalogue of Standard Ordnance Items, Second Edition, 1944.  
  • 12cm Short Ordinary HE (12cm Short Gun) - The type and mass of the explosives has been changed from 2.5 kg of “TNT” to 2.515 kg of “TNA” (trinitroanisole or Type 91). Source: Ground weapons specification table (陸戦兵器要目表). Imperial Japanese Navy, Tateyama Naval Gunnery School Research Department (館山海軍砲術学校研究部). 1942. Page 68. JACAR(Japan Center for Asian Historical Records): A03032103400

Flight Model changes:

• P-47D-28:
    • The engine has received maximum boost up to 70” (wep).
    • Maximum speed has been increased to 714 kmh (444 mph) at an altitude of 7071m.
  • Lancaster Mk/1/3:
    • Geometric data has been refined.
    • Aerodynamic characteristics of the wing, fuselage and tail surfaces have been adjusted.
    • Mach polars have been tuned.
    • Separate fuel tanks enabled.
    • The fuel load, weapon load now affect aircraft performance more accurately.
    • Maximum speed values have been updated: The Maximum speeds for operation of mechanical aspects on the chassis, engine working modes updated.
    • Landing gear shock-absorber performance updated
    • Braking force has been increased.
    • Fuel consumption for different engine working modes has been adjusted.
    • Thermodynamics has been updated. Now the efficiency of cooling depends on the speed of the incoming air flow.
    • WEP is now available only on the second stage of the compressor.
    • Upon landing on a water surface, the aircraft will still be able to stay afloat for some time.
  • P-47M — A bug where it was impossible to hold the flight direction at maximum speeds when using mouse aim controller has been rectified.

The current provided changelog reflects the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates, additions and fixes may not be listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving and specific fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 13
  • Sad 12
  • Upvote 7

Any idea when the challenger 1 armour is going to be fixed? Multiple people have submitted bug reports on it. Are  there changes planned to it's ammo cost aswell? Because at the moment it's 920SL for it's best round which is double the T64B best round. The round is also not performing correctly which was even pointed out by one of your team on prior thread.

Edited by *oppsijustkilledu

Smin1080p (Posted )

Providing a valid bug report has been submitted, the developers will action it as soon as it is possible to do so.
medal medal medal medal medal

Still no fix for randomly silent planes, silent machine guns, silent bullet strike, silent flaps, silent landing gear, engine idling on the airfield but no plane, end of match sound moves to left ear only.

None of these 6 months bugs are replicatable hence, can't bug report.

[edit] @Smin1080p ^^ bug report would be rejected-what to do?

Edited by r00k_

Smin1080p (Posted )

Without a bug report, how can an unknown bug be fixed?
  • Upvote 3

Now only if the devs took the new MBT's to 9.7+ I may start playing top tiers again.

Smin1080p (Posted )

If the statistics and queue times show that that is a necessary action, it may be taken.
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

Might be the wrong place to post, but - a HUGE THANK YOU to the dev team : this latest update is fantastic; the lighting, the sound effects, weather and atmosphere and the music, all SUPERB!

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

Thanks for both P-47 fixes, now the increased BR of D-28 finaly makes sense.

Btw, when can we expect next BR revision and changes?

• Upvote 1
medal

A researchable HE shell? Does it act like a HESH or is this just an absolutely regular HE shell that's put in the mod tree to lengthen the research?

Overall, a fairly neat patch.

• Upvote 5
medal

1 hour ago, Stona said:

M48A1, M60, M103 - The thickness of the rangefinder armour (based on the thickness  of the M47 armour) has been changed to 16mm.

That change was most probably caused by bug report posted on .ru forum. Report was definitely created after 1.77.

Didn't it also changed the turret models, which now have holes behind that 16 mm?

• Upvote 6

Why haven't yous fixed challenger 1 yet.

It's missing.

. 50mm of pen from its L23A1 APDSFS.

.it's missing it's L31A7 HESH.

.it's missing it's armour wet ammo bins.

.the APDSFS rounds at the back of the turret are bugged and exsplodes because challenger 1 uses 2 piece ammunition the propellant is in the hull and the APDSFS is in the turret.

.it's armour is bugged it's being pen on the turret with any kinetic rounds that pen at lest 380mm which in fact it should be 470mm in game which it is not.

.it's missing it's proper stabilizer the current one is of the Chieftain mk10 which challenger 1 never used.

.it's LFP should be 76mm

.and it's armour fuel tanks are not working as intended.

. And Challenger 1 is missing armour on its sides , top and rear.

.and challenger 1 never fired L23 APDSFS.

.and finally challenger 1 repair and ammo costs are far too hight and need to be reduced. Like it's repair costs should be 7500/7600 sl and it's L23A1 APDSFS should be about 500 sl.

Please fix Challenger yous have all the sources look throw them like : tank combat - 120mm gun - Challenger. From part 1 to part 5 you will find most of the info there especially about what ammo it used and it armour wet ammo bins and stabilizer.

Smin1080p (Posted )

Providing valid bug reports with the correct sources are submitted, they will be addressed as soon as possible.
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 8
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Now we only need some armor penetration changes that were reported some time ago like:

5cm PzGr. 40 -> increased penetration

8.8cm PzGr. -> reduced penetration (or maybe not, in the game we use improved Flak ammo from 1942)

10.5cm PzGr. Rot (10.5cm KwK) -> vastly increased penetration

12.8cm PzGr. and PzGr. 43 -> increased penetration due conversion to US 50% criteria (that one isn't actually approved yet :3)

M41A1 AP and APDS -> correct 90° performance

and a lot more :)

Good to see that the 75mm Sprgr.34 for the KwK 43/48 got increased to 550m/s. I was about to report that but was a bit too lazy :3

Edited by KillaKiwi
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Stona said:

P-47D-28:

• The engine has received maximum boost up to 70” (wep).

Sorry for disturbing, but I have tried lots of combination of MEC and altitude but still couldn't produce the 70" boost in the P-47D-28. Can you check if the data is correct? I would like to know if I did anything wrong.

regard

shot 2018.03.22 17.41.28.jpg

• Thanks 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal

may i ask why the Leo 2K has not only recieved a lower reloadrate, but also was moved from 8.7 to 9.0?

I see the point in the lowering of the reload rate, but simultainiously giving it a higher BR seems a little bit hard.

best regards, Schroedinger

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Stona said:

• Т-64А — The following shells have been added to the researchable ammunition loadout:
    • 3OF26 HE shell;
    • 3BM15 APFSDS .
  • Т-64B — 3OF26 HE shell has been added to the researchable ammunition loadout. 3BK12M HEATFS-shell which was obsolete for the T-64B in 1984 has been changed to 3BK18M which was put into service in 1980.
  • Leopard 2K:
    • Fire rate has been changed from 12 to 9 shots per minute (from 5 to 6.7 seconds per round)
  • Chieftain Mk.10 — The number of shells in the first-order ammo rack has been changed from 3 to 18..

a few changes to top tanks.........

BOTH t64 receive a new HE shell to splash-kill the M1 Abrams with ease...... pretty interesting.... really interesting....

t64a gets the b-versions stockround as an upgrade.... ok, i can kinda live with that, if the tank really used that shell....

t64b gets a better heatfs round.... its not the "meta" ammo, so it shouldnt change that much, time is gonna show....

Leo2k gets a fat nerf... if its historical i am fine with it, but it leaves a stale taste in my mouth, that another NATO tank gets its stats reduced... might be just me...

chieftain mk10 first-order ammo rack: good change, i like the deserved buff!

but..... there are still too many issues, just to name a few which shouldve been fixed already:

- challenger 1 still has wrong armour values ingame, the composite viewer(x-ray) is not represented ingame (its own stockshell can pen the cheeks!):

chally.thumb.png.38be8895bcefd4a9ffeed88

- challenger 1 STILL has the atrocious APDS stock grind..... thats not fair at all, considering its a rolling weakspot!

- top tier ammunitions are STILL insanely overpriced, its impossible to make a profit with them, especially since the ammo cant reliably deal with their opposition (challenger cant kill a t64b w/o aiming for the most difficult weakspots, lfp and breech)

the challenger is NOT what was advertised in the Dev Blog at all!

quotes:

• Challenger 1 was one of the most advanced and well-protected tanks fielded by western armies during the second half of the 20th century.
  • With its Chobham composite armour the Challenger 1 is one of the most well-protected MBTs at War Thunder’s highest ranks.
  • It will be a tougher nut to crack than its predecessor, the Chieftain Mk. 10.
  • With its improvements to firepower, protection and mobility, the Challenger 1 is bound to become a fan-favourite and one of the deadliest machines in the ground battles of War Thunder.

tbh, i cant see which of these points accurately show what the challenger is ingame....

• its armour is underperforming by insane margins
  • the armour doesnt even hold up to the promise of the composite view in the x-ray viewer
  • the chieftain mk10 has a near impenetrable turretfront with the Stillbrew, which IRL was developed before Chobham (which is a "successor" of Stillbrew) (based on any knowledge i found so far... on this forum, and the general internet..... if Chobham was inferior, why didnt they slap Stillbrew all around everything?)
  • "improvements to firepower" not stock, only with the final and expensive as hell L23A1.... "protection" is nonexistant...... "mobility" is true, its faster, but seems to lack in terms of the suspension.... fan-favourite? it was, right now i am ashamed of myself to have put a talisman on it to be honest, when i look at the terrible experience i have made with it in testdrives and battles as well...

please, gaijin! you showed us how awesome the game can be(awesome graphics and audio updates, they are magnificent!), but please dont let the gameplay experience lack so far behind with these underperforming "contestants"! i dont want an invincible monster, i want a tank that can do what YOU YOURSELVES advertised!

now please show us that you actually care about all vehicles, and fix the challenger! please!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 20
medal medal medal medal

I was soooo happy when is saw a log patch notes.

Then there is nothing about apds and hesh changes. I'm a little disappointed.:crying:

But those balance changes what i like. Maybe the next one will be the apds overhaul.

Anyway: Good Work :good:

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I think the new mbt's except the weaker armored 2k should be changed to a slightly higher BR like 9.4-5 as they are so far above the 8.3 in _in my opinion_ ... yah yah... "git good" i know ;)

Otherwise i think the changes looks good Dev team :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal

I'm seeing the same thing with the P-47D-28, it's still running 56" instead of 70" on WEP. Interestingly enough the Lancaster seems to be unchanged as well and I can use WEP on the 1st supercharger gear even though the patch notes says that was changed.

medal medal

Hi,

I just tested the p47-28 in test flight ab and rb .....can't get 70 mp. Is there a certain altitude or do I have to use mec? In ab it was 60mp w wep and in rb it was 56 or 58..my vision:-) 

medal