slow download speed

Having the same issue. I even restarted my router and modem thinking that would help. last time i checked i would have the patch installed in 1052 days.

• Sad 2
medal

Was getting about 150kb/s on a 40mbps line until I enabled the "UTP Download" option in my launcher settings, the DL speed shot up to around 4mb/s after that.

Edited by Time4Tea
medal medal medal medal

limit your upload speed to about half of the maximum speed in the launcher settings (wrench icon in the top right corner of the launcher).

i'm downloading the patch with full download speed....

medal medal medal

I'm still getting pretty pitiful speeds, at best 300 to 400Kbps. The annoying thing is I had auto-updates turned on, beggers belief that they didn't allow some sort of pre-patching over the course of a few days. Would avoid situations where the world and the cat are downloading the full file size at the same time.

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

The problem is the Amazon loud Server.

Seems Gaijin did not invest in an big parcel and stands on the point that he build in peer to peer sharing will take care of that deficit.

Cause otherwise the dedicated costumer service costs more money.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

i too am getting slow speeds despite my 100mbs wifi, its because lots of people are downloading and not enough people have downloaded it for them to then upload.... so we are just going to have to "struggle" for now... :( 

image.thumb.png.ae5b47366b6a4d0c1ea58305

• Upvote 1

15kb/s download on xxxx internet lol IDK if I should cry of laugh

Well gotta wait for people to download then I'll start again

medal medal medal

4 hours ago, relliK said:

limit your upload speed to about half of the maximum speed in the launcher settings (wrench icon in the top right corner of the launcher).

i'm downloading the patch with full download speed....

What do you mean (I'm horrible with computers)? What is the maximum speed?

Edit: I just tried limiting the upload speed to 250 kB/s because I was downloading at around 0.5 MB/s, now I'm at 150 kB/s

Edited by Ska_King_Felix
medal medal

100 Mbps and I was getting 300-500 KB/s so I turn off "Use tracker exchange" and now I am getting 10 MB/s

I'm seeding

image.png.dc0186d8d45fc7c4daad9d035d20c8

Edited by ponert13

7 minutes ago, ponert13 said:

100 Mbps and I was getting 300-500 KB/s so I turn off "Use tracker exchange" and now I am getting 10 MB/s

image.png.dc0186d8d45fc7c4daad9d035d20c8

Tried that... still <500 kB/s :crying: 

medal medal

Cost me my daily login streak, and to add to this 'You've missed 2 days since logging in last' which is false, and has knocked me back to 957 from where I should be at 959...

All because the P2P download SPAMS the network so badly, that the ONLY way to REALLY fix it, is to PUT THE UPLOAD LIMIT TO 50... Then it will fully download off HTTP, and while it will still bounce about due to the P2P PORTION OF THE LAUNCHER, it then allows for the download to commence.

To have my network hammered for 12 hours trying to get this dang update, so badly that NO-ONE ELSE ON MY NETWORK COULD BROWSE, OR DO _ANYTHING_ is just plain stupid. How the heck does this client not have settings for the P2P section, such as DISABLE, and MAX PEERS, and "DON'T SPAM MY CONNECTION LOOKING FOR MORE HOSTS"...

Honestly, this has really got me riled...I'm wanting my streak back, as this is just plain stupid.

When the upload speed wasn't set, it'd sit at less than 100KB/s... Switch the upload limit on, and then INSTANTLY 1Mb/s... Nothing to do with my ports, my connection or anything... Fully to do with a terrible P2P implementation.

Honestly, just annoyed as heck that this, has happened... Knowing that when I searched, I seen people mentioning this in 2015... Maybe even earlier.

BRING BACK DISABLE P2P!

WTLauncherWTH.png

unknown.png

Edited by FlyingDoctor
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

image.thumb.png.89f12705ed41bbbf34cf912cYeah...about that...

• Sad 1

Nibba im from Croatia,thats very close to the servers,which im informed are stationed in Russia,why is the speed as slow as everyone elses then?