Scarper

[Development] 1.77 Questions from the community

answers_developers_1000_logo_ru_b634dd0f

Dear players,

Another round of questions and answers, specific to the upcoming 1.77 Advancing Storm update. Remember, the Dev server is subject to change for the final release to live.

Q. Will we receive the M833 APFSDS round for the M1 Abrams?

Currently we have no plans to add anything newer than the M774 rounds to the M1 ammunition load out, but this issue depends heavily on the final statistics of all new tanks, some time on the main server is required to collect the statistics.

Q. Will the Challenger receive new rounds different to the Chieftain Mk 10 such as L23A1 or others?

Yes, there will be new ordinance in the Challenger's ammunition loadout including the L23A1.

Q. Do you have plans for the Type 74 G/Kai, STC-1 or Type 90 for the Japanese?

Yes, we have plans to add a more recent tank for Japan than the Type-74. It may perhaps be ready for 1.79 .

Q.Are there any other plans for ATGM machines for Japan?

We are clarifying any possible options, so while we can not say the exact version or when, yes, we do not exclude more modern ATGMs for Japan.

Q. Is it possible to see production/later variants of the Leopard 2 for the Germans?

Yes, we plan to add the serial production versions of Leopard 2 tanks, the first of them may appear as early as the major update after 1.77.

Q. Are the AMX-32 or AMX-40 under consideration for France? Perhaps an early AMX Leclerc Prototype? France lacks a Stabilizer tank at Rank VI

With the French, it's all a bit more complicated, since they did not actually have them before Leclerc's mass-produced tank with a stabilizer, so you have to choose between experienced and export vehicles, but we are inclined towards the AMX-40 variant.

Q. Will you raise the BR of the M1, T-64B and Challenger to a 9.7 bracket so that they cannot face weaker tanks such as Type 74? Perhaps the Leopard 2K, MBT/KPZ-70 to 9.3?

As long as new tanks do not interest a sufficiently large number of players, we do not plan to separate them into a separate queuing system, since this can lead to very long waiting time for sessions at high ranks. After the release of 1.77, we will need some time, several weeks for which we will collect the statistics and make a decision about changing the BR for both the new and existing equipment.

Q. Is the L15A4 or the L15A5 round possible for the Chieftain Mk 10?

Yes it is possible.

Q. Why did the 105mm shell for the M1 cost 3 times more than the 125mm shell with the better armour piercing?

All data on the cost of shells on the Dev server are never final. The cost of shells with similar efficiency will be comparable.

You can ask your question to the developers on our official forum in the "Questions to the Team" section.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 3
  • Upvote 9

Hopefully if we see L15A4 it'll be for the Chieftain Mk 5 too.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal

Ouch, no good apfsds penetrator for the M1 abrams, and its left with the M735 which it never used, well i hope its the M774 gets better penetration values compared to its real life counterpart, anyways good job Gaijin

• Sad 2
  • Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal medal

1.) Hope Japan really does get a proper tier 6 tank maybe in 1.79 like they said.

2.) But worried about the BRs if they don't change it i literally won't be able to use my Type-74 or anyother 8.7 tank i have.

Edited by Fireraid233
  • Upvote 6
medal medal medal medal

no word about giving the Leopard 2k a better ADFSDS like the DM23 or DM33 since the gun is the only thing going for it?

the mobility while very good is very similar to the other mbt´s and is thus not an advantage of the tank itself.

I wont even touch on the armor since there is non to speak of!

sorry if this sounds a little harsh just interessted if anyting is planed in that department!

Edited by DonHornegger
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Will be added Minor axis for italy? maybe Hungary and Romania? We want to see this beauty in the game Képtalálat a következÅre: âtas 44â

Edited by DarthGergely
  • Like 2
medal medal medal

I have a feeling we will get a new wave of compression issues with this patch.

We will just have to wait and see. Hard to deliver an accurate prediction. Hopefully vehicles start being balanced according to their performance, not winrate.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

If this tanks will be 9.0 I think will be a huge problem for 8.3-8.7 tanks . At least 9.3 would be a decend BR for them .

• Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal

Q. Will you raise the BR of the M1, T-64B and Challenger to a 9.7 bracket so that they cannot face weaker tanks such as Type 74? Perhaps the Leopard 2K, MBT/KPZ-70 to 9.3?

As long as new tanks do not interest a sufficiently large number of players, we do not plan to separate them into a separate queuing system, since this can lead to very long waiting time for sessions at high ranks. After the release of 1.77, we will need some time, several weeks for which we will collect the statistics and make a decision about changing the BR for both the new and existing equipment.

I understand the problem but fighting with a T95E1 as example against a T64B is far away from balanced.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 18
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Where can I ask these questions?

I would have really loved to know if the Leo 2K will get better ammo ir get its kinetic ammo buffed?

Right now its a glass cannon without really good penetration against the T64B, Abrams and Challenger :(

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal

Over all a very good round of Q&A. Really hope the devs consider the M833 round to make the US line competitive. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 6
medal medal medal medal

9 minutes ago, TheJoker1432 said:

Where can I ask these questions?

I would have really loved to know if the Leo 2K will get better ammo ir get its kinetic ammo buffed?

Right now its a glass cannon without really good penetration against the T64B, Abrams and Challenger :(

4 hours ago, Scarper said:
You can ask your question to the developers on our official forum in the "Questions to the Team" section.

:p:

• Like 3

Q. Will we receive the M833 APFSDS round for the M1 Abrams?

Currently we have no plans to add anything newer than the M774 rounds to the M1 ammunition load out, but this issue depends heavily on the final statistics of all new tanks, some time on the main server is required to collect the statistics.

and what wll happen when better/stronger MBT's get added later, the current M1 already struggles to pen the T-64B (unless you are lucky to hit between the composite armour and the gun barrel, where the mantlet is supposed to protect), so why not add this round that balances things out? the T-64B will still be able to pen the Abrams from the front with APFSDS and the new ATGM and in turn the M1 will now have a chance to do the same, that's what we call gamebalance

Q. Are the AMX-32 or AMX-40 under consideration for France? Perhaps an early AMX Leclerc Prototype? France lacks a Stabilizer tank at Rank VI

With the French, it's all a bit more complicated, since they did not actually have them before Leclerc's mass-produced tank with a stabilizer, so you have to choose between experienced and export vehicles, but we are inclined towards the AMX-40 variant.

I am sure this suggestion might have come up several times but, why not including Israeli vehicles in the French Ground Forces Tech Tree? it is known to everyone the proximity between the French Military Industry and the development of the Israeli Armed Forces, besides using some french vehicles there's also the case of having been the French to teach the Israelis how to modify/produce their very first "indigenous" tanks (the so called I-Shermans or Super Shermans), except for the final one (the one with the OTO/IMI 60mm Hyper Velocity gun sold to Chile) it was the french that realized the prototypes for both the M-50 and M-51, one such prototype is already available in War Thunder as the M4A4 (SA50)

in addition to that there's the fact that both french prototypes are different from the final product by the Israelis, as it is well known they changed the original engines for Cummins Diesel engines, each modification was applied to several types of hulls and most of them also had their VVSS suspension replaced by the HVSS which gave them better mobility

finally you could take advantage of that connection to add other Israeli vehicles as well for rank V and VI, from Sabra, Magach, Sho't or Merkava Mk.I/II and possibly even Mk.III

I believe this is an addition worth doing

• Upvote 8
medal

12 minutes ago, Hawk019 said:

I understand the problem but fighting with a T95E1 as example against a T64B is far away from balanced.

u will not face them so much even if u face them u will find one or two in other team. btw i have no problem dealing wih t64a with my t-62 they are so easy lower plate side shot or even turret shot 

medal medal medal

32 minutes ago, Prantz said:

I think if the Chally is getting a new rounds, the M1 should get its mail round, M833

No, it should not.

The M1 Abrams is the superior tank in both protection and mobility, it should not also be on-par firepower-wise.

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

44 minutes ago, DonHornegger said:

no word about giving the Leopard 2k a better ADFSDS like the DM23 or DM33 since the gun is the only thing going for it?

the mobility while very good is very similar to the other mbt´s and is thus not an advantage of the tank itself.

I wont even touch on the armor since there is non to speak of!

sorry if this sounds a little harsh just interessted if anyting is planed in that department!

Leopard 2K has 650mm penetrating HEATFS which disintegrates with ease literally any tank in the game from any distance... Yet you complain about its ammunitions.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

4 hours ago, Scarper said:

Q. Is the L15A4 or the L15A5 round possible for the Chieftain Mk 10?

Yes it is possible.

Q. Why did the 105mm shell for the M1 cost 3 times more than the 125mm shell with the better armour piercing?

All data on the cost of shells on the Dev server are never final. The cost of shells with similar efficiency will be comparable.

i think these are the most important questions so far:

• o/c do we want the new tanks as historical accurate as possible, but we really need to remember that any new vehicle will immediately outclass anything older by insane margins! if it means no older/uptiered tank has a chance against the newest additions, i dare say the "historical accuracy" should be bended in terms of balance, but for ALL nations! the current 9.0 shouldnt be completely obsolete already
  • the challenger really needed better ammunition, big THANKS for this!
  • ammunition-price..... i think this could be one of the biggest issues, especially with our experience from T-64A (perfect stock grind) and Chieftain Mk.10 (147k RP stockgrind), and i truely hope that we see more balance with this!
    • no price-advantage for certain vehicles on their best shell
    • no insane stock suffering compared to no upgraded shell needed
    • and i include vehicle repair cost into this, cause it easily breaks the balance as well!

so far: THANKS GAIJIN for doing this important Q&A to decrease the amount of speculations and fears!

medal medal medal medal

This is great, knowing what the developers think about the upcoming update and giving us some insight into their thinking. To all the people comparing shells for the upcoming Tier VI tanks, check the penetration at 30º not at 90º and you will see who has the best shells. Nice to see some news for the Japanese, desperate need for newer vehicles, and of course I understand they're complicated to research. 

Also I couldn't agree more with moving the new top tanks to 9.7 at least, with some of the 1.71 going to 9.3 to achieve a bit of decompression at 8.0-8.3.

• Thanks 2
medal medal

Thank you for not yielding to the M1 hype train. I'm not happy about the low BR as I explained elsewhere but I think you've done a very good job regarding the balance of the new MBTs. The M1 is so much quicker and more agile, along with a much better reload rate, that it really doesn't need to be able to frontally penetrate the T-64B's UFP and at the same time protect against its 3BM22 APFSDS to be ‘competitive’. That is just a load of Burgerboo baloney.

• Thanks 1
medal medal medal

Well, if the T-64B armour protection never changes, M833 is NEEDED to balance engaging capabilities of the two tanks against each other...if T-64B armour is a bit nerfed from the dev server, M833 could not be necessary. 

Just my opinion:DD

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Ah this is nice, I knew the Leo 1,5K (hehe) wouldn´t be the only Leopard we would get this year. Thank you Gaijin. :))

(Production Leo 2 hype weeeee)

medal medal medal medal medal