would you like to see the 44M Zrinyi I be added to the game?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. would you like to see the 44M Zrinyi I be added to the game?

• Yes
    • Yes, as premium/gift/events vehicles
    • No
  2. 2. would you like to see the 43M Zrinyi II be added to the game?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. would you like to see the 43M Zrinyi II mod 1944 be added to the game?

• yes
    • No
  4. 4. would you like to see the 43M sorozatvető be added to the game?

• Yes
    • No

Flaggenbild.jpg

this suggestion is made in support to the addition of the the Minor Axis-Nation

i would like to extent a previously suggestion of vehicles made in 2014 by @BONKERS but didn't had the whole family, the Hungarian Zrinyi self propelled gun
16811576769_f9685a0a89_h.jpg

The tank destroyer project in Hungarian started with the wake up call of the heavy lose that the Hungarian armored forces encounter in Russia, the Toldi and Turan tanks was nearly as useless in battle than a 12 gauge shotgun against the airplanes. the Hungarian forces needed more firepower to have a chance to face the mighty Russian tanks. the Hungarian turned to their best partner and probably the most advance nation of the times, the Germany. Hungarian Ministry of Defense was hoping to have have a good number of the significant number of Sturmgeschütz III to form a anti-tanks forces. however, in 1942, German government refused to spread the latest military technology, even to a allied country. the failure of the negotiation forces the Hungarian Ministry of Defense to start the development of a complete new Hungarian tank to became because the main Hungarian tank-destroyer.

Two variant of tank destroyer was design together. both largely inspired from the Sturmgeschütz III. the both was designed in 1942 and the biggest difference was the different armament. both vehicles was based on with the most simplified and logical way the Hungarian could imagine, they simply used the Turan chassis as based of their new tank. the Chassis of the Turan was already widely produced in Hungary and while the armament was insufficient, the mobility of the tank was without complain. the turret was simply too small to receive heavier armament, the solution was simply to get rip of the turret, enlarge the hull to accommodate a new directly in the hull. the first was to be armed with a gun derived from the German Pak 40, the 43M 75mm long barrel high velocity gun. the armament would be a make the first Zrinyi a vehicles with performance about similar to the Stug III G. the development of this first variant was often delayed due to the high vibration of the gun recoil. a second variant was built with the another unsuccessful towed gun, the 105 mm MÁVAG 40/43M L20.5 howitzer. the 105mm gun wasn't a bad gun at all, the little success came for a bad design of the suspension on the towing frame that came with it who didn't allow the gun to be towed really easily without breaking. the 60 105mm produced was just useless in the Hungarian arsenal. the installation of this new gun on the Zrinyi was allowing a faster development and also allow a significant save of resources.

Variants

44M Zrinyi I

Spoiler

zrinyi1inthebackgroundz-1.jpg

the first variant of the Zrinyi was armed with the 75mm 43M gun, the gun was a development of the German Pak 40 as it was used on the Stug III G. the development of this variant was delayed a lot due to the high vibration of the gun, the tank was just too lightly built to stand the recoil of the gun without breaking after serial use. the critically needed tank destroyer. the development of th Zrinyi I ended in 1943 and was ordered into production in 1944 as the 44M Zrinyi I. but no other tank was built on time before the Russian reached the Hungary. In the intitial plan, the 200 44M zrinyi I was to be built compared to 90 43M Zrinyi II

hIwHt8A.jpg

Specifications
Weight 22 t
Length 5.68 m (18 ft 8 in)
Width 2.99 m (9 ft 10 in)
Height 2.33 m (7 ft 8 in)
Crew 4

Armour 13–75 mm (0.51–2.95 in)
Main
armament
75mm 43M gun
Engine Manfred Weiss V8 cylinder
260 hp
Operational
range
220 km (140 mi) (road)
Speed 40 km/h (25 mph) (road)

43M Zrinyi II

Spoiler

4a5cae25faafb1bbe3b9edbd7c00d5fa.png

The Zrinyin II was supposed to be a complement of the Zrinyi I with a better support capacity. the plan was to built half the number of the Zrinyin I. for every 3 Zrinyi, a single one was supposed to be armed with the 105mm. but the too long delayed development of the 75mm 43M gun and the problem of recoil of the gun and the too light and weak frame of the tank, the production of the Zrinyi I was delayed until 1944, the original production plan of the 43M Zrinyi II was supposed to buil 40 tank in 1943 and 50 other tank in 1945. the first serie was built as planed and put into service in the Royal Hungarian army. the production of the first serie ended in january 1944. the Zinyi I was originally supposed to be produced at the same time as the Zrinyi II but the long delay of the development was xxxx until 1944, to keep the production of the tank, the 2nd series o the Zrinyin II planed in 1945 was imediatly started with a order of 50 additional tanks. in addition of the 40 tanks of the first production, 31 of the 50 tanks ordered was in construction with at least 26 tanks finished. the production of the Zrinyi I never took place on time.

msa3zkW.png

Specifications
Weight 21.6 t
Crew 4

Main
armament
105 mm MÁVAG 40/43M L20.5 howitzer
with 42 rounds
260 hp
Operational
range
220 km (140 mi) (road)
Speed 43 km/h (27 mph) (road)

43M Zrinyi II Mod 1944

Spoiler

EJ3SL8I.jpg

the Zrinyi II mod 1944 wasn't a proper serial tanks, it was not directly related to the 2nd series of Zrinyi II. the mod 1944 was a upgrade developed by the Hungarian Institute of Military Science (HTI) who studied in 1943 all the solution to increase the resistance of the Hungarian armored forces, the solution of introducing new tanks was also studied and put into production (reference 44M Tas and 43M turan III). but as the production of a new tanks was costly, long and uncertain, a temporary solution was to upgrade the armor of the existing tank by adding the spaced armor in the fashion of the German Panzer IV J. the tanks ws upgraded with a additional 8mm of armored side skirt that was efficient against the infantry anti-tank rifles, explosion, shrapnel and also offering a little better protection against the tank gun (even if it was very little). the light weight of the side skirt didn't really increase the performance. in addition of the side-skirt, the Zrinyi II saw also certain feild upgrade of addons armor in certain case by adding the spare track link to the front and the side of the hull, the additional armor gave an additional 25mm of protetion wich was not insignificant (the armor was now reaching 100mm in some part). only a few number of Zrinyi II was upgraded.

Specifications
Weight 21.9 t
Crew 4

Armour 13–75 mm +8mm of spaced armor (with posibility of additional 25mm of armor du to the spare track placed in the front and side of the hull)
Main
armament
with 42 rounds
260 hp
Operational
range
220 km (140 mi) (road)
Speed 42 km/h (26 mph) (road)

43M sorozatvető

Spoiler

sgctNon.jpg

this interesting prototype was a concept tested on the Zrinyi I before the tank was even ready for the production. this special variant was mounting 6x 43M rakéta sorozatvető in the rear of the hull to give the tank a additional firepower (like if the 75mm wasn't enough) the prototype was never used in combat or saw a mass production because of the tank himself wasn't ready for the production, this adaptation wasn't made on the Zrinyi II. the 43M rakéta sorozatvető was license built German 15 cm Nebelwerfer 41,

Specifications (Zrínyi II)
Weight 23 t
Crew 4

Main
armament
with 42 rounds
Secondary
armament
6x 43.M rakéta sorozatvető RPG
260 hp
Operational
range
220 km (140 mi) (road)
Speed 37 km/h (23 mph) (road)

Armament performance of the 105mm 40M Howitzer

Spoiler

the 105mm 40M howitzer was originally design to be a towed gun but was fitted on the Zrinyi tank. the gun was mostly built for support but had a good capacity. the gun used serial shell

rPzNK4Q.png

10.5 cm 38/33.M repeszgránát (HE)

10,52.JPG

10.5 cm 42.M páncélrobbantó gránát (HEAT). this shell was interresting because it was giving an actual anti-tank capacity. the shell could penetrate 80mm of armor at 60°.

Source

https://tanksinworldwar2.com/hungary-43m-zrinyi-ii.php

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/43M_Zrínyi

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/02/17/4043m-zrinyi-ii-and-44m-zrinyi-i-assault-guns/

https://www.militaryfactory.com/armor/detail.asp?armor_id=546

https://forum.axishistory.com//viewtopic.php?t=5163

Edited by CaID
  • Upvote 10
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Another simple concept that can be put into the game extremely easily and also do many other deeds that serve it's point of bringing continued growth and prosperity.  

Of course all of them would be a task to bring into the game but I think it's clear what might help with peaking people interest. 

We just need the data out there hidden in the world.

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal

14 hours ago, Delta_48 said:

+1 The first 3 could probably be put in the general tree of the Italian tanks, but the 43M sorozatvető would be a good Italian premium 

I do not see why would they be italian. they have nothing italian and the italian have their own SPG who are in all point similar (shape, armor, firepower, speed) Italy need vehicles for the rank 3-4 as conventional tanks while they have enough SPG and have a lot for rank 1-2, The Hungarian SPG are only fit for rank 2-3 where the Italian already have a lot to offer.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, *BrentD15 said:

Possible Italian premiums?

+1

i hope not. they are performing any different than the various Italian SPG. those are material for the Axis tree.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, CaID said:

i hope not. they are performing any different than the various Italian SPG. those are material for the Axis tree.

Maybe in future could be an italian premium, already did researches about these vehicle in the past with the hungarian forum mod too.

The 105 cannon is not so good and can fit the spg at the low br of rank 2.

The other one is a counterpart of the stug IIIG so can be a low rank 3 vehicle.

Both premium but so many data are needed to make it. Need more documentation

• Upvote 1