CarcanoM38

Possible additions to Italian Ground Forces

6 hours ago, Menarrosto said:

maybe with the possibility to unlock or buy the Cobelligerent skins.

To my knowledge, the Cobelligerent Army didn't use any tanks other than some Universal Carriers. The armored units that briefly fought the Germans after the armistice (which were not considered part of the Cobelligerent Army) didn't have any particular change in aesthetics afaik.

3 hours ago, ANYangeloVV said:

yep my bad i ment M47 :P

Well it can happen to misspell. Also if Italy received Fireflies would they be on M4, M4A1 or M4A4 chassis?

14 hours ago, _Condottiero_ said:

Add Palmaria into the list! :)

Palmaria is a 155mm long range howitzer. Such vehicles really should not be in WT as playable, it opens a massive can of worms if you bring that in.

Your artillery ability is Palmarias off map, if it makes you feel better.

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 1
medal

4 hours ago, TheFuzzieOne said:

Palmaria is a 155mm long range howitzer. Such vehicles really should not be in WT as playable, it opens a massive can of worms if you bring that in.

Your artillery ability is Palmarias off map, if it makes you feel better.

Well we have the Lorraine 155, that is also an artillery and also had only HE, so I think the Palmaria is completely reasonable.

Plus it actually has gun depression, Russian level one but still gun depression.

• Thanks 1

On 2/5/2018 at 9:33 AM, Vand3rz said:

I guess this kind of confirms at least a few reskins seeing as old Blue is giving us hints - though this is a given. It doesn't confirm nor deny any chance of some more...interesting and unique vehicles from inclusion. Maybe something with "P" as the first letter. Hopefully we'll see at least one new tank added in 1.79 as part of an "irregular" release schedule.  

confirming nothing :D just saying what i always sayed for the planes

21 hours ago, _Condottiero_ said:

Add Palmaria into the list! :)

problem of the Palmaria are the data

2 hours ago, _Condottiero_ said:

I see the data is a problem of almost all Italian vehicles...

yes but sometimes tanks like the palmaria are "most problematic"

IMO for the most part the Italian tech tree doesn't seem promising to me.  Lots of reskins at later tiers, and the cannons of the indigenous tanks at the first tiers seem to be weak (I think?).

Only place where I can see Italians shine in their own way is in top tiers with their MBTs.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, EpicBlitzkrieg87 said:

IMO for the most part the Italian tech tree doesn't seem promising to me.  Lots of reskins at later tiers, and the cannons of the indigenous tanks at the first tiers seem to be weak (I think?).

Only place where I can see Italians shine in their own way is in top tiers with their MBTs.

The low tier Italian guns aren't that weak. With over average pen and HE filler for APHE ammo plus special chemical rounds they should be quite deadly.

I think the Italian tech tree will be the opposite of the French. Good low and high tiers, probably under average middle ones (more than under average under populated).

• Thanks 3

5 hours ago, SergenteA said:

The low tier Italian guns aren't that weak. With over average pen and HE filler for APHE ammo plus special chemical rounds they should be quite deadly.

Really? That's cool. But the muzzle velocity of those cannons will take away my sanity when they arrive to our game.

49 minutes ago, EpicBlitzkrieg87 said:

Really? That's cool. But the muzzle velocity of those cannons will take away my sanity when they arrive to our game.

I have a question. What cannons do you refer to? Most Italian cannons have over 600 m/s velocity, with the exception of the short 65 and 75 mm.

That for low tier isn't that bad.

On 5/6/2018 at 11:43 PM, SergenteA said:

I have a question. What cannons do you refer to? Most Italian cannons have over 600 m/s velocity, with the exception of the short 65 and 75 mm.

That for low tier isn't that bad.

The short-barreled cannons which make up most of Italy's tank army of WW2.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, EpicBlitzkrieg87 said:

The only such gun which springs to mind is the 75/18, which could destroy M4s without an issue.

The 47mm were high velocity guns.

Could you give us an example so we could understand what you are accusing mindlessly referring to in particular?

Edited by Leeb_
  • Like 3
medal medal medal

3 hours ago, EpicBlitzkrieg87 said:

How high?

High Velocity gun refers to most AT guns, the 47mm being one such gun.

As for the muzzle velocity of the piece, it would be 630m/s.

The elongated 47/32, the 47/40, will eventually reach the impressive muzzle velocity of 900m/s, effectively making it the best gun of its caliber (not that it mattered, since the competition for that title was scarce and low caliber guns were effectively obsolete by 1943).

Edited by Leeb_
  • Thanks 4
medal medal medal

20 hours ago, EpicBlitzkrieg87 said:

Only the 75/18 howitzer was short. All other italian tank's cannons were long.

And remember the different nomenclature standard of the italian cannons.

If transposed for example to the german nomenclature criteria, they will have a greater number indicating the lenght.

Example the 75/18 shoud be 75L20 (the barrel was long 1557mm).

The 47/32 as 47L35. This for every italian gun ecept the 75/46 that was the italian liceced version of the german 75L46(it was left the original nomenclature)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, BlueBeta said:

This for every italian gun ecept the 75/46 that was the italian liceced version of the german 75L46(it was left the original nomenclature)

The 75/46 was an Italian design. If it was a German one they wouln't have changed it for the captured pieces.

http://www.comandosupremo.com/cannone-da-7546.html

https://ww2db.com/weapon.php?q=110

Is this a Dardo armed with a SIDAM? I want it. It looks the SPAAG the Helghast use in Killzone. 

Image result for italian prototype armed with SIDAM

What about this delightful little fellow - is this a variant of a tankette or something? It looks like a tankette version of the M11/39. 

The prototype of the Italian âassaultâ Ansaldo tank model 1936.

How about this? It's listed as a Ansaldo 10t/Carro di Roturra 10t (Vickers-Terni 37mm L/40) though it looks almost exactly like a stripped down M11/39.

Ansaldo 10t/Carro di Rottura 10t (Vickers-Terni 37 mm L/40) | por Panzer DB

This one is listed as a "Carro Commando" and looks like a 47/32 L40 without a roof, with a different gun mantlet, and a pintle mounted machine gun. 

carro_commando_l40

• Like 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Vand3rz said:

machine

Is this a Dardo armed with a SIDAM? I want it. It looks the SPAAG the Helghast use in Killzone. 

Reveal hidden contents

What about this delightful little fellow - is this a variant of a tankette or something? It looks like a tankette version of the M11/39. 

Reveal hidden contents

The prototype of the Italian âassaultâ Ansaldo tank model 1936.

How about this? It's listed as a Ansaldo 10t/Carro di Roturra 10t (Vickers-Terni 37mm L/40) though it looks almost exactly like a stripped down M11/39.

Reveal hidden contents

Ansaldo 10t/Carro di Rottura 10t (Vickers-Terni 37 mm L/40) | por Panzer DB

This one is listed as a "Carro Commando" and looks like a 47/32 L40 without a roof, with a different gun mantlet, and a pintle mounted machine gun. 

Reveal hidden contents

carro_commando_l40

The second and the third photos are M11 prototypes, the fourth is the tank that always followed the Semovente M41 90/53 with additional rounds. 

Hide contents

It's one of the C13 protoypes.(equipped with Sidam-25)

https://live.warthunder.com/post/651058/en/

There are a lot of informaition about them:

https://www.forecastinternational.com/archive/disp_old_pdf.cfm?ARC_ID=1121

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal